Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,244 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

What I Did To My Mother-in-law - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Did To My Mother-in-law (41631 Views)

What I Did To The Cultist That Slapped My Sister / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by superCleanworks(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
The message was good. But the delivery was poor.

For him to be so rude to the woman shows how he regards his own mum and wife.

i don't agree with you on the equivocation of how he regards his mother vs how he regards his inlaw.
after God, my mother follows but if my mother inlaw CONSISTENTLY roams around my house and refuses to take all my subtle hints then I will spell it out for her. Will it sound nice or harsh? It is objective. But has my message been delivered? SURE.
If I need her tomorrow and she refuses to honour my call because I drew boundaries, then that is her business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by tolexy007(m): 4:07pm On May 18, 2023
u are disgusting and u lack manners.
y dont u first tell ur wife to talk to her mum to reduce the way she always come to ur house?

this is how u guys always bring issue to ur life unnecessarily.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 4:09pm On May 18, 2023
superCleanworks:

that woman knew EXACTLY what she was doing. if you give them a step they will want to cover the whole road. You did well to put her in her place and don't listen to anyone trying to tell you that you were harsh. All that matters is that the message has been delivered.
I de ur side jor ... Unlike all the hypocrite above .....
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Workch: 4:10pm On May 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

i trust him to be my daughter's chosen one, i wont trust him to be a good husband (SIL) until they start living together and he becomes a responsible husband. just because they got married, does NOT mean this man is a good husband, a good father or a caring man. this will have to be confirmed as they start living together. many people get married to people they never knew before. you only meet your true spouse AFTER marriage, not before. but hey, if you think that ABUSIVE HUSBAND is written on people's forehead then so many unfortunate people wouldnt have died at the hands of their abusive husband/wives. lets be real!

as i said earlier.... as much as it is a bit excessive you need to open your mind.... so mama that lives close by shouldnt come and spend the day with daughter that is home alone all day (and go to market together etc)? the same mama that will probably come and stay with you for months when you guys have your 1st children (in order to show you how to properly care for a newborn) na that mama you want to look down upon today?!
Mama should not be coming everyday. Mama should know that.
Maybe once in a while. Some People like privacy.

For me, I wouldn't have been a big deal depending on how close I am to mama, but if I don't really fancy mama. I will call my wife and make her understand why privacy is very important in a marriage. I won't even tell her in such a way that I don't want mama to be coming around.

Everything na wisdom

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by SeriouslySense(m): 4:10pm On May 18, 2023
I keep wondering if i we should look at it from this perspective.

His concern was very legit, but his approach was very very wrong smiley smiley

amykutex:
If this was said by the wife to her mother inlaw, she'll be termed wicked, heartless and all sorts of names. A woman will marry just a son in the family but will be subjected to living with her husband's family and she'll endure but here you are being harsh to the woman just because you're the man. If your wife said this to your mum, how would you feel?
Poster, in as much as you weren't comfortable with her frequent visiting, you should've at least been gentle and polite in expressing yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by dfrost: 4:11pm On May 18, 2023
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
I'm just wondering how people will act stupidly then come to public forum to ask for opinion if he's stupid or not,

Some people matter eeh...
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Spanki(f): 4:12pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

i swear the attachment to daughter is too much.Even at times they run house chores together.

In wrapper or bump shorts😋😋😋
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by QuantAnalyst: 4:12pm On May 18, 2023
Lol..I can't even talk to my wife in that manner let alone her mother.

I wouldn't mind my mother in law living with us permanently, at least, that's an extra care for my kid.

Different strokes for different folks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by SeriouslySense(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2023
true, i would not mind also, as long as they are not a burden (overly exerting) or very controlling.

Sometimes people do not consider others, they always complain, lament, and demand

QuantAnalyst:

I wouldn't mind my mother in law living with us permanently, at least, that's an extra care for my kid.

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Workch: 4:15pm On May 18, 2023
QuantAnalyst:

I swear, I no fit talk to my wife like that. This one is not matured enough to handle a family. He's plain dumb

4 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Godwin4444: 4:15pm On May 18, 2023
Workch:
I swear, he lacks wisdom.
He cannot manage a home, he's obviously not man enough.
check his previous posts n u will know he’s one of those small boys wit useless fantasies

He will learn d hardway

3 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 18, 2023
GodPrince:
wow, so i had to disgrace my mother online that my grandma gave my mother a smelly vagina too. Sorry for my life, to even imagine that I'm mentioning myself by typing with my mother's hands/fingers that my mother have been using to finger her smelly vagina is more irritating. Pls mention me again, I can perceive my mother's dangerous vagina smell in my post. embarassed

Fixed.

5 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:
Because we live in proximity-same town, she wouldn't quit checking up on her daughter virtually every day or at least every other day.

I felt a deep intrusion on my privacy so yesterday I summoned the gut and asked her if she didn't have a house. Before she could reply, I told her, 'learn to stay where you belong! I did not marry daughter and mother!`
She has since disappeared into thin air.

This evening am thinking whether i bleeped up or not.
U did very well
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:19pm On May 18, 2023
Workch:
Mama should not be coming everyday. Mama should know that.
Maybe once in a while. Some People like privacy.

For me, I wouldn't have been a big deal depending on how close I am to mama, but if I don't really fancy mama. I will call my wife and make her understand why privacy is very important in a marriage. I won't even tell her in such a way that I don't want mama to be coming around.

Everything na wisdom

at last someone making some sense in this discussion!!!!
as a parent, if my daughter has no problem with mama coming over and/or spending all day with her mother to go to market, then mama will come over as much as she desire (and if i am jobless then i will come over too)...now if husband has a problem with parents visiting, he will tell his wife and SHE will tell us to back off (which any sane parents would certainly do while checking them from afar). a husband coming to tell me to back off while my daughter is cool with me coming over, is a RED FLAG right there.
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by tosyne2much(m): 4:19pm On May 18, 2023
Good fight but poor delivery. The issue should have been addressed in a civil manner

But why on earth will a MIL be parading her daughter's house incessantly in the first place?
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by New007: 4:19pm On May 18, 2023
Redpill in the dust! If validation is what you seek, you have completely missed it. Your wife set trap, you enter without sense. The moment she said she couldn't handle it, you would have tactfully developed a plan to at least suggest to your MIL that the visit was too much. You may need her at some point in life. TOMORROW IS PREGNANT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by jeffsummers(m): 4:22pm On May 18, 2023
Good day to everyone on nairaland. Pls i want to use this medium to appeal to all nairalanders to help my uncle out. He has stroke for over 3 years now. He is currently recieving treatment and therapy at General Hospital, Kubwa, ABUJA.

The sickness has really drained his finances over these years. Currently he has been asked to purchase some drugs which cost 95,000 naira.

Pls we will be so grateful if anyone can assit us in whatever way they can. No amount is to small as it will go a long way in helping us purchase the drugs as we dont have money and cant bear the cost of the drugs alone.

God bless you all as you assist us. Below are pictures of my uncle and also his patient card at the hospital as proof that this is not a false claim. If anyone still needs any form of verification or proof, i am more than willing to provide such.

pls once again help my uncle. No amount is too small, GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by purples25(f): 4:23pm On May 18, 2023
If it was a man

-'After my mother trained me for years, she should not enjoy her labour.'

-'That witch (referring to wife).

-'She is a stranger and I cannot leave my mother who is my blood.'

-'Any woman that doesn't respect my mother, out!'

grin

Man's life is about getting his way at everyone else's expense, but being upset when others want things done in their own way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Workch: 4:23pm On May 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

at last someone making some sense in this discussion!!!!
as a parent, if my daughter has no problem with mama coming over and/or spending all day with her mother to go to market, then mama will come over as much as she desire (and if i am jobless then i will come over too)...now if husband has a problem with parents visiting, he will tell his wife and SHE will tell us to back off (which any sane parents would certainly do while checking them from afar). a husband coming to tell me to back off while my daughter is cool with me coming over, is a RED FLAG right there.
nope, it's not about your daughter. It's about both of them.
If your daughter husband is not cool with it, your daughter got to understand. No be your daughter marry him, na him marry your Daughter.

It's very okay to have the conversation with the wife and the wife needs to understand. If the wife doesn't understand then the house will be on fire. There's nothing wrong if mama comes once a month so she can give them breathing space to start a home and run it

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 18, 2023
Maobichek:

This is a tactical question because most men bought virtually everything in their house and the wives (joined) moved in after marriage.

I personally would not be abusive on my mother in-law (i considered his choice of words abusive) in a bid to convey my frustration and no woman WILL abuse my mom in any way, thank you.

Then if you know you can never abuse your mother in law with such words, the bolded is meaningless and senseless, even if most men bought everything right up to the pads their wives uses, it does not give them the right to abuse their wives mother like that, that bolded is not an excuse, that is the bone of contention here.

4 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by ivolt: 4:24pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:
Because we live in proximity-same town, she wouldn't quit checking up on her daughter virtually every day or at least every other day.

I felt a deep intrusion on my privacy so yesterday I summoned the gut and asked her if she didn't have a house. Before she could reply, I told her, 'learn to stay where you belong! I did not marry daughter and mother!`

You are engaging in silly quarrel and at the same time applauding yourself.

Unless your mother-in-law is the type with no self-respect or their culture permits
such insolence.
you have permanently damaged the relationship between you and your in-laws,
not only your mother-in-law.
She will tell her other children and also the husband and they will all get the message
that your house is a no go area.

Now, you have two problems.

First, if anyone from your family side comes for a visit no matter how brief, they will get a cold
subtle treatment from your wife.
Secondly, if there is any issue in the future that requires the cooperation of your in-laws,
they won't take you seriously and neither will you feel comfortable in their midst.

Some fights are not just worth it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Workch: 4:25pm On May 18, 2023
Godwin4444:
check his previous posts n u will know he’s one of those small boys wit useless fantasies

He will learn d hardway
seriously hard way. There's never going to be any amount of apology that is going to totally amend this.
E go still remain somehow for the mama mind until she dies, it's a permanent damage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:25pm On May 18, 2023
victorVIC1:

Let's be real here. These are just excuses. When kids come along, OP will also need to adjust his intimacy accordingly. I think the key thing here is the manner of communication. You can always express grievances but the manner in which you do express them matters a lot

when say accordingly, you mean according to how she visits? are you crazy
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by lomprico(m): 4:26pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

You Bleep up! Why didn't you use her daughter to tell her?

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by SeriouslySense(m): 4:26pm On May 18, 2023
I am glad at least he apologized to her Mother.

You should try as much as possible to encourage harmony across your family.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you don't want Her mother always around, is it because you are a bit jealous, or you feel like it undermines your authority or you don't like her mum that much, or you just like being an introvert and you easily get suspicious of people. Or maybe she wont have time for sex as you would want, ask yourself are your reasons even reasonable in the long run

Seriously i would not want my Wife talking like that to my mum, and i think its fair that i do not talk to her mum that way either. Respect should be reciprocated

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Workch: 4:27pm On May 18, 2023
Runnerzz:

U did very well
are you being sarcastic? 😂
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by BigBen23(m): 4:28pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

There could have been a better way

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by ivolt: 4:28pm On May 18, 2023
superCleanworks:

that woman knew EXACTLY what she was doing. if you give them a step they will want to cover the whole road. You did well to put her in her place and don't listen to anyone trying to tell you that you were harsh. All that matters is that the message has been delivered.
Yeah, he put her in her place just like one will do to a shameless beggar who constantly harass people for alms.

I know people like you who takes everything as a war.
It doesn't end well.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 18, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Lol,

I will bookmark this thread for future purpose when a counter thread springs up of a wife who did exact same thing to her mother in-law.
Wives do worse all the time it's not even news.. it's all over NL
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by ledaman: 4:29pm On May 18, 2023
You messed up big time, you made mentioned that @ times, they do the house chores together. There are things done with later regrets. Imagine if your spouse should asked your dad or mum to stop coming to your house, how would you feel?
You just concentrated on the Negative aspect without watching the positive aspect.
You better go alone and apologize to her.

4 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Hassanmaye(m): 4:29pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

Is she a single mum?
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by GodisFirst: 4:31pm On May 18, 2023
You messed up big time. You should have planned relocation to a bit far location to reduce her frequency. Soon you will need her and it will cost you much.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Celebrates As She Got Elevated From Cleaner To ‘Madam Of The House’ (Video) / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / See What This Woman Did To Her Child (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.