Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (56907 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by frozen70(f): 1:37am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

They want to work for the money not for the passion to work

They want freedom to move around and come to work at their convenient time for even is it means coming late, to them the most important thing is that they came to work

Lastly, they are not really humble to submit themselves to be loyal

This is as a result that they lack experience and have little or no experience about life and sufferings and why someone should be serious with life

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Bordey: 1:45am On May 23, 2023

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by VULCAN(m): 2:08am On May 23, 2023
The words of a mediocre

Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by MeineMutter: 2:19am On May 23, 2023
TheRedpillguy:
Well, she probably has men supporting her lifestyle for now.

That’s exactly what’s happening. Na hollowshow she be.

She doesn’t give a F.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by 3seriez(m): 3:16am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES
That's Gen Z for you. Most of them lack work ethics. Resume late, close early, no passion, Always on phone calls or browsing social media, Lazy , lack common sense, Arrogant , looking for easy shortcut to success, they want to make money now now and live the big life etc
I see their type come and go at my office. Very sad.
Funny the serious ones don't usually get the jobs, it's these annoying entitled types as you just described that do.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by otipoju(m): 3:17am On May 23, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

Big lie. You don't come 2 hours late for work and leave your workstation to make a call for one hour.

That is time stealing and you can be fired on the spot.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Majid1990(m): 4:16am On May 23, 2023
How much is her take home if the salary is not reasonable she won't take the job serious
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by iguita: 4:31am On May 23, 2023
Nobi actually cares about how far away you live. Arrive at the Nick of time. Not too early, never late.

Abroad people don’t play with time. The person you are relieving is going to relieve someone on another job or their baby sitter at home who is also going to relieve someone else.

You coming late will scatter that circle.

yomi007k:

She also cant try all she did in a developed world. They would have sacked her.

What type of warning do you give someone living 15mins away and resuming after 2 hours?

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Munzy14(m): 4:38am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I was shocked that this lady could even place head on her desk while sleeping when I am around.

Normally n an office setting, when you are feeling sleepy, you stand up and walk around. This one, She just put her head down and started sleeping.
She is not ready to work.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Maski87: 4:42am On May 23, 2023
You for leave am nah,do you if she is pregnant
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:47am On May 23, 2023
Majid1990:
How much is her take home if the salary is not reasonable she won't take the job serious
She shouldn't have taken the offer at all then.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:51am On May 23, 2023
Maski87:
You for leave am nah,do you if she is pregnant
Did she say she was pregnant?

Was the role for a pregnant woman?

I just hate it when I enter an office and have to wake the receptionist up from a her deep slumber. The sleepy look on their faces is so annoying. If you have nothing to do at that point, then read a book.

Op, you should not have hired her in the first place sef.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by deadie(m): 5:11am On May 23, 2023
Or11:

Lie. There is usually a probation time of 6 months and the reasons listed by the OP are more than sufficient to terminate her contract for poor work ethics.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Eagba(m): 5:19am On May 23, 2023
BABAawoo47:
telling someone to go home shows the workplace is not structured...There's something called query and there are due process to firing someone especially if the person is sent an official letter. No one working for reputable Coys will try this because of threats of law suits....
So i guess the company isn't a well structured one that's why she acted that way
everything you said is not a reason for the lady not to give her best.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Juliearth(f): 5:30am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Clearly, she doesn't need that job. People who are desperate to be engaged and passionate about their work won't put up this front.

Is your office stationed in Abuja? If yes, my sister could make a perfect admin officer for your organization.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by yomi007k(m): 5:32am On May 23, 2023
JackHamma1234:
Oga abi madam there are lot to your story that is incomplete. This HR fire syndrome is just thei god-comolex of Nigerian enterprenurs and HR. You lot feel so superior just by virtue of your position only because Labour laws in Nigeria do not exist.
1. You employed a person to start work in lekki but lives in ojo to be paid same salary as someone who lives in lekki.
2. You have the most unrealistic resumption times junior staff, cleaners and security - 4am to 5am, jnr management staff 6am to 7am, snr management staff and HR "early but not later than 9am" yet na only the latter get official car and driver.
3. You pay peanuts but new staff must wear quality clothes, hair dos, look well feed but na HR and snr mgt dey gather all bonuses
4. Everyone gets a query except snr mgt even when they have so much sexual and verbally abuse those under them.
5. Una no dey ever Sabi HR or labour laws, how is it that probation na 2yrs, you employed and want them to start immediately and forget they need a period of notice, but the same person wants to leave during his probation period you mandate them 1 months notice.
Tell us all the details stop making it look like your employment is special. Is there. Staff bus? Even those using staff bus come late to work let alone those who enter multiple buses.

Whst nonsense are you typing?

Are you typing what happened to you in your former place of work? because this is not what happened in the op case.

Wake up oga.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by nerilove(m): 5:36am On May 23, 2023
nikkijohn97:
She's not serious. Me wey dey find work like this. As a graduate it's not easy

Please I am React Developer and I'm looking for a job please help me. Any personal project or recommending for a job I will forever be grateful.
My stacks are, React, Node Js, Mongo DB, Express Js.
My number and whatsapp: 07064731533
Go to glassdoordotcom there are lots of vacancies for front end, back end and full stack developers
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by yomi007k(m): 5:36am On May 23, 2023
Youngsage:

Was she the only one you interviewed for the role

Your disposition at the interview also proves that it's not a serious company. How can you decide to employ someone who comes 2hours late to a job interview, without any reason

Employing her was the biggest sign that it's not a serious organisation and she took advantage of that. Can't blame her undecided

Did you not read the part where op said he likes giving people second chances?

He probably employed her due to her proximity.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ObalendeCMS: 5:39am On May 23, 2023
Op probably giving hints he’s going to sleep with the girl in future & she picked it.

Common of Nigerian male boss.

Always wanting to sleep with their subordinates.

If subject no agree, na to fire am, using incompetence as an excuse.

Same happened to me ex.

I just won’t like to work in a Nigerian one man oga office. They are usually power drunk.

Thank God I learnt a skill & it’s paying me daily.

Only if I don’t go to work.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by carlvon65: 5:47am On May 23, 2023
I had a similar experience with a new employee.
Did you pay her for the few days?
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Amayabor1: 5:48am On May 23, 2023
Or11:

And you think she can try her lateness to work in a developed country? You think if she was in a developed country, she will go late for an interview or abandon her workstation to go answer a phone for more than 1 hour or sleep on duty. All these are enough grounds for her to be sacked in developed countries.

Una too sabi dey think one way!

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Youngzedd(m): 5:55am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Welcome to Nigeria.

A sad reality.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by alobright17(m): 6:12am On May 23, 2023
Or11:
The same developed world people resigned for going to work late? So that place they do allow coming to work late and sleeping at work or stepping out to make 1hr calls during work hours?

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by APCNig: 6:15am On May 23, 2023
Or11:

This developed world you are dreaming about, they keep to time there

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by OBTOREPA(m): 6:16am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
Trust me sir,I'm the best person for the job. Give me a chance and you wouldn't I will not disappoint. I base in Ph,but ready to relocate
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by gaddafe(m): 6:24am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

My experience with hiring people have thought me that most ladies behave this way. It is difficult to find guys acting in such manner. I had to come to the conclusion that this could be the reason most ladies run away from mathematics as they are not serious or disciplined to learn it. Mathematics is not hard, it only requires constant practice to get used to the particular topic. This is where discipline is required. As a rule I hate employing ladies or girls except I have no choice.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Unrated900(m): 6:41am On May 23, 2023
Your office must be at computer village,
That is where most workers don't take work serious.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by GoldenJAT(m): 6:44am On May 23, 2023
Or11:
No de form WOKE from that ur village hut!! Try code your stupidity by not commenting when u do not have any sensible thing to say.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Welcomme: 6:48am On May 23, 2023
The truth is there are so many unserious people. It seems ladies are no longer ready to work again. I have been finding it difficult to also fill up a vacancy in my office. Infact a lady that was recommended to me, I was the one using my airtime to call. She was even telling me when it will be convenient for her to come for the interview. I just told the person that recommended her to me to tell her not to bother again. The one that I interviewed and employed yesterday, I am still monitoring her closely. I miss the former lady. Very serious and committed. Within a week, she was trained and she learnt very fast. When she told me she has gotten admission for her HND, mehn I knew I would find it difficult to replace her because before I finally found her, I employed so many unserious people that were not just ready to work.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by GoldenJAT(m): 6:49am On May 23, 2023
Bordey:
105 mumu like you liked this too grin. Come late to work in US or be caught using phone at work. Then see what will happen. Leave Nigeria first before disgracing your ancestors here
You sure say no be him get those 105 accounts? Because it's baffling how we have such number of nonentities on a public forum!

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by TheSuperX(m): 6:50am On May 23, 2023
She deserves it
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by emperor4love(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2023
Or11:
as if u hv cross Niger bridge,even in develop country u don't com late to work talk more of

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic) / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91