Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (56890 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by greggng: 8:40pm On May 22, 2023
BABAawoo47:
telling someone to go home shows the workplace is not structured...There's something called query and there are due process to firing someone especially if the person is sent an official letter. No one working for reputable Coys will try this because of threats of law suits....
So i guess the company isn't a well structured one that's why she acted that way

This is one of the disadvantages of one man business ...the owner is there god
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Raf4: 8:40pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

Sue her employer when she's breaking the Co's rules and regulations concerning resumption and closing times as clearly stated in her letter of appointment?
Although, the guy should have tolerated for some months, giving her verbal/written warnings consistently (purely on humanitarian grounds)
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Lannister360: 8:41pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

Abeg shut up, how much you de pay her ni?
Una go expect person to put in his best on top 50k salary. Your idea of being ready to work is someone who is ready to be a cooperate slave.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by DJInfluence: 8:41pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.
in a develop world she will be on probation in the first 6 months and within this period the employer can terminate the contract with just cause. Which is plenty in this case. So please don't tell us in develop world.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by yusufmurry: 8:42pm On May 22, 2023
Oga, you failed to tell us her pay so we can collaboration with your story
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by BreconHills(m): 8:42pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I warned her after her interview lateness. I told her it was a big red flag, and she told me it won't happen again.

After a verbal warning, she should have received a written one and then finally appear before a disciplinary committee. The recommendation of the committee would guide your decision.

But it really depends on what is in your handbook. Maybe her offence attract summary dismissal - in which case you are entirely within your rights.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by jaszplus12(m): 8:44pm On May 22, 2023
Flangelo12:

Indomie go just dey look your post.

grin
Hehehehe... They don't know!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by SunMusk(m): 8:46pm On May 22, 2023
OK na
nikkijohn97:

Not yet. I'm trying to get an identity card to help me in verifying my account when I signed up there.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by bikefab(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2023
You hired a slay queens who simply wanted to fill in time with some kind of regular work.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by sixtus3606(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

You did the right. She can go ahead and continue with whatever that's her priority.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ItisWell22(f): 8:49pm On May 22, 2023
BreconHills:

After a verbal warning, she should have received a written one and then finally appear before a disciplinary committee. The recommendation of the committee would guide your decision.

But it really depends on what is in your handbook. Maybe her offence attract summary dismissal - in which case you are entirely within your rights.

Within 5 days of resuming work? 🤔

Na Op make mistake 1st, to start with.

Someone who stays 15minutes away from work place, coming 2hours late to an interview; and you still took her?

And for those saying probably the salary is meager, that’s why she behaved the way she did; what happened to not resuming? 🤔😏

Op drag her comot from house to resume the job? 🤧

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 8:51pm On May 22, 2023
Lannister360:

Abeg shut up, how much you de pay her ni?
Una go expect person to put in his best on top 50k salary. Your idea of being ready to work is someone who is ready to be a cooperate slave.
Okay thanks.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 8:52pm On May 22, 2023
kernniejay:

If you ask me for my opinion, I will say that the girl actually did not need that job. She only experimented with the application and she would definitely be surprised that she was employed. She wanted you to sack her because she doesn't really have interest in the job, and she was sure you would do just that when she exhibits such disgusting attitide.
Probably. But she didn't appear that way to me

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Houseontherock1: 8:52pm On May 22, 2023
We4all:
She knew the work wasn't a serious one and did all that on purpose because she wanted to get sacked.

I once grudgingly went for an interview and was asked to sell myself. I bluntly told the interviewer that I had nothing to say.

If the person that recommended me had insisted and I had gotten the job, I could have acted like the lady in question just to get sacked.

It's better to resign or even reject an employment than getting sacked... it's not good for your CV; plus you never can tell when you will need that reference or where you'll meet the old boss undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by sherylbaky(f): 8:52pm On May 22, 2023
Same thing that came to my mind. He would have talked to her, to know exactly what the problem is
janvier27:
She may have lied about her residence out of desperation. She's probably living far. All the same, looks like she isn't ready for the job.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by falopey: 8:52pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Which developed world are you talking about? I used to think like what you said until I knew better. In the developed world, they can hire you today and fire you same day if you don’t hold down your end of the agreement like the lady. Elon Musk took over tweeter and fired nearly everyone. Fox News fired Tucker Carlson without notice. CNN fired Don Lemon without warning. Nothing happened. It’s their business.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 8:53pm On May 22, 2023
aktolly54:
you dey mad, you see more qualified people on the interview day but you choose a lady , maybe because she is cute.

It serve you right, she suppose deal with your company by spoil business for you
Lol
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 8:54pm On May 22, 2023
Youngsage:

Was she the only one you interviewed for the role

Your disposition at the interview also proves that it's not a serious company. How can you decide to employ someone who comes 2hours late to a job interview, without any reason

Employing her was the biggest sign that it's not a serious organisation and she took advantage of that. Can't blame her undecided
Hmm.. great point but then you never know
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by bionixs: 8:56pm On May 22, 2023
Oga , just tell me that you changed the gender of the guy who is currently working for my wife..
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 8:58pm On May 22, 2023
ifinger:

Oga u saw all the red flag still gave her the job was she the only one invited Abi u wan Yash her
She wasn't the only one
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by victorazy(m): 8:58pm On May 22, 2023
ItisWell22:

God bless you. 🙏

I wonder what’s wrong with irresponsible, young lads who think the real world is what they watch on TV. 😏

In the developed world he mentioned, them born am well go work 2 hours late?

Them born am well sleep on office desk during work hours?

Them born nam well leave him desk dey answer phone call ( wey no be emergency) for over an hour?

The lady the op talked about is just plain stupid (whether naive or actual stupidity)… 😏

I hate grossly irresponsible individuals! 😠

Really terrible times we are in!

Worst part is they can’t be corrected.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 8:58pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Ok I didnt read where you wrote about the warning, did you have an employment contract with her and were the terms specified. Is there an opinion for hybrid work offered where she doesn't need to come to the office if she can perform her duties at home?

Replying to those typing rubbish, read about employment contract. I don't need to explain anything to you. She received an offer letter, meaning everything was spelt out

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by isaiahethan: 8:59pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Which part of developed world are you referring ? You mean in Western world they tolerate lateness. Abeg Park well

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by silverx(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
Correct guy
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by tuns486(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Ok I didnt read where you wrote about the warning, did you have an employment contract with her and were the terms specified. Is there an opinion for hybrid work offered where she doesn't need to come to the office if she can perform her duties at home?

Replying to those typing rubbish, read about employment contract. I don't need to explain anything to you.

Oga, do you read well to know about the role?

Not all Job role could be assigned remotely or work from home.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by CalmElder(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Are you sure of what you just typed. The developed world indulge such people...is that how they became developed?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Sunshine34(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2023
Sacking is the solution. She lacks office etiquette

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Itzallison(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her
based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

ES
Please if there’s a way you can employ please I beg you with God name assist me
I’m tired staying at home
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ACE1010: 9:05pm On May 22, 2023
Bros you don't understand....she was indirectly offering you her kpekus thinking she can gain access to your heart but thank your stars you did not noticed it...you did the right thing bro. May God bless hursle 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by IconsConnect: 9:06pm On May 22, 2023
Since I found the deep basics to sports trading, I perfected my moves and that was the end of having a paid job for the moment.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Ashirioluwa: 9:07pm On May 22, 2023
We4all:
She knew the work wasn't a serious one and did all that on purpose because she wanted to get sacked.

I once grudgingly went for an interview and was asked to sell myself. I bluntly told the interviewer that I had nothing to say.

If the person that recommended me had insisted and I had gotten the job, I could have acted like the lady in question just to get sacked.

And how does that help your resume

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by dmgr(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2023
saphiere:
Can we hear her own side of the story? Men these days would employ you and want to sleep with you. When you declined the next thing is sack.

Hope you took your evening medication?
Don't worry sweetheart, las las you go dey alright.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / Lets Discus Payrolls In Nigeria. What Is Your Monthly Salary? / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.