Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. (62209 Views)

Petrol Prices To Fall Over Refineries’ Take Off, Says Cardoso / Reno Omokri Compares Petrol Prices In Ghana And Nigeria / Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Octopusssy(f): 11:45am On May 31, 2023
GrammarNazi1:

I somehow feel even those who earn up to 150k may not be able to save anything in a month.
If someone earning 150k cannot save, what will someone earning less than 50k a month do? It's a very bleak situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Reference(m): 11:45am On May 31, 2023
This means an average expenditure of N10,000 per day on gasoline for moderate to heavy commuters.... no problem. Just past it on. It is called inflation. Government should make plans for bottom feeders to avoid insecurity.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by levi2(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2023
All APC online fighters howbuna take reach office today, you trek, abi u drive...

Before you reply, na Generator you take charge your phone?

E go reach una papa, mama and Children last! Last!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Lordkratus(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

Why always hoping for the worst?
I'm not , just following the very first action of the government tells you alot . How can there be this jump in price of petrol not to talk about the ripple effect it would have on other goods and services and there's not even a single cent rise in the pay of the common man? Fueling my car to full tank would cost me almost 40k that won't take me for one week. How much is my income? If fuel consumes more than 200k a month

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by DOptical: 11:46am On May 31, 2023
The whole subsidy was supposed to take full effect in July, wasn't it? Haven't these useless greedy marketers been paid their subsidy? Why sell the old subsidized products for huge amount? Are they mad? Anyway, Tinubu must stick to his subsidy removal policy. He mustn't renege on it. He should sell those refineries to technocrats who can handle it. Foreigners are better!
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2023
Sermwell:
When Nigerians keep electing stupid leaders, people like us will keep cashing out!!

I have already called my managers to sell at #550 per litre. Whoever cannot afford it should go and sleep!

When I said thiefnubuu's government will be a useless one some hopeless agbado nitwits thought I was joking.

I cashed out during Buhari's useless government, and now it's time to cash out under this corrupt government!

You guys should keep electing them for us! Na una go suffer am grin grin
see this useless uniben law student claiming to be a filling station owner.
Foolish Peter obi supporter that thrives on lies and blackmail.
I'll post your pictures soon with a disclaimer

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:47am On May 31, 2023
N3TRAL:
Only applicable in NNPC filling stations.

Unpopular opinion:

NNPC is no longer owned by the government. I see the corporation monopolizing the downstream sector.

If the forces of demand and supply are to determine pump prices, NNPC has the capacity to sell at the lowest rate. They should buy up and rebrand filling stations across the country.

we need to another country

we have too many stupid people in nigeria

so oga you know not know that no private filling station can sell below NNPC Price

stupid
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by jogojogo: 11:47am On May 31, 2023
Sermwell:
When Nigerians keep electing stupid leaders, people like us will keep cashing out!!

I have already called my managers to sell at #550 per litre. Whoever cannot afford it should go and sleep!

When I said thiefnubuu's government will be a useless one some hopeless agbado nitwits thought I was joking.

I cashed out during Buhari's useless government, and now it's time to cash out under this corrupt government!

Get out. What have we acheived with the previous subsidy regine?
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by HacheNoire: 11:48am On May 31, 2023
Lordkratus:
I'm not , just following the very first action of the government tells you alot . How can there be this jump in price of petrol not to talk about the ripple effect it would have on other goods and services and there's not even a single cent rise in the pay of the common man?

I have a strong feeling the minimum wage will jump, but it’s too early to judge.

If the NLC is not yet making noise, then something is cooking.
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by highchief1: 11:48am On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:
Issokay. Selling the old, subsidised stock at the new price. Black man black heart
exactly
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Iceberg3: 11:49am On May 31, 2023
Elan833:
you sound like an imbec!le

Chai!!!!! See how them summerize leodeking life with just one single word,ooooo!!!
KAI! KAI!!CHAIII!!!!!! grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by oluwaseyi0: 11:49am On May 31, 2023
Sermwell:

will you rather we continue with the subsidy
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by YouandiAllofus: 11:49am On May 31, 2023
GeneralPula:
Subsidy ends by June ending and June is starting tomorrow..

Now, they’ve started selling at new price already. I assume they’ll do this for 30days!

From between May31-June31..

By July 1, What now happens? Will prices come down or goes up or remain this same?

I smell some sort of set up in this whole thing. Seem the previous government had it all plan!

But it seem tinubu has/is trying to outsmart whatever plan, with the pronouncement..

Observation is on-going..
I like the fact that you are now suspecting MB for pre-meditated sabotage against BAT grin

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by dyera(m): 11:50am On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:
Issokay. Selling the old, subsidised stock at the new price. Black man black heart

Time for them to cash out at the expense of their fellow citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Lordkratus(m): 11:50am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

I have a strong feeling the minimum wage will jump, but it’s too early to judge.

If the NLC is not yet making noise, then something is cooking.
what about people in the private sector? Would they increase their wage too? Minimum wage settles just a minute group of people

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by zeuss: 11:50am On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Tinubu should be firm with his decision.

Criminals benefiting from the subsidy scam can cry blood, subsidy is gone, make dem go chop the one wey dey don save.

Funds for fuel subsidy will be invested in other sectors for the benefit of Nigerians instead of few criminals.

Yes, it will be difficult but for our good.

For those who said Tinubu is not their president, they can ignore this subsidy removal from Tinubu and comply with Peter Obi's contrary directive.

Gloating over criminality, the Bible tells us that where the wicked (criminals) are in authority the people suffer. Nigeria started anew round.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by IbileIfe: 11:51am On May 31, 2023
What Nigerians need is revolution against the corruption of the Nigerian government, NNPC and greedy marketers.
Enough is enough!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by HacheNoire: 11:51am On May 31, 2023
Lordkratus:
what about people in the private sector? Would they increase their wage too? Minimum wage settles just a minute group of people

The private sector will be forced to up their game when the FG take the lead.
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Jagabanarmy: 11:53am On May 31, 2023
TriCee:
Here we go.

That subsidy removal was necessary, but the announcement was very ill timed.
It could have been removed without any public announcement. These leaders are really not in touch with the Nigerian realities.

Small talk like this causes panic and changes everything.
That's the point!! Ill timed. For those who are talking trash here and supporting rubbish, we are in it together. Not on his inaugural speech. He was ill advised
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by GoodGovernance: 11:53am On May 31, 2023
Fake News!!!
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by tsdarkside(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2023
from where did you get this list from....??
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by LeoDeKing: 11:54am On May 31, 2023
lexy2014:

How is subsidy a scam?

Who are these "criminals" you say are benefitting from the "subsidy scam"?

These "criminals" you mentioned, are they ghosts?

Do they operate from planet Jupiter that d govt can't locate them?

Why can't the govt arrests them and try them for scamming the country instead of fighting fuel subsidy?

All the savings from previous partial subsidy removals, what was done with them and where were the invested?
You may argue with Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Nobody: 11:54am On May 31, 2023
BreconHills:

That's right. Your pricing is correct. If we can hold out till November expect to see a sharp drop. People should park their SUV's and turn on their Matrix and Picanto's. Mechanics should get a good line of business in fuel economy.

New reality = better future

Lol suvs for sell go plenty. Ghana people use tiny cars cause of fuel costs

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Abuventure: 11:54am On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:
you no well . You leave una president come dey blame people hustle to overcome the calamity

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by 24SEVEN: 11:54am On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Criminals benefiting from the subsidy scam can cry blood, subsidy is gone, make dem go chop the one wey dey don save.

Funds for fuel subsidy will be invested in other sectors for the benefit of Nigerians instead of few criminals.

For those who said Tinubu is not their president, they can ignore this subsidy removal from Tinubu and comply with Peter Obi's contrary directive.

You forgot to Photoshop Tinubus cap. cheesy

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by dorcdave2019: 11:55am On May 31, 2023
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by Lordkratus(m): 11:55am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

The private sector will be forced to up their game when the FG take the lead.
LoL in Nigeria? So they would be forced to up their game and run out of business? Remember they use this same pms too. So their cost of production would jump as well. My bro , let's just brace up for the worst. It's inhumane to do this as the first action of government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by saysoo: 11:56am On May 31, 2023
DOptical:
The whole subsidy was supposed to take full effect in July, wasn't it? Haven't these useless greedy marketers been paid their subsidy? Why sell the old subsidized products for huge amount? Are they mad? Anyway, Tinubu must stick to his subsidy removal policy. He mustn't renege on it. He should sell those refineries to technocrats who can handle it. Foreigners are better!
but Atiku was a thief for wanting to sell it?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by LordAdam16: 11:56am On May 31, 2023
GeneralPula:
Subsidy ends by June ending and June is starting tomorrow..

Now, they’ve started selling at new price already. I assume they’ll do this for 30days!

From between May31-June31..

By July 1, What now happens? Will prices come down or goes up or remain this same?

I smell some sort of set up in this whole thing. Seem the previous government had it all plan!

But it seem tinubu has/is trying to outsmart whatever plan, with the pronouncement..

Observation is on-going..

Dude, there is no more subsidy as we know it.

The new prices reflect market rate without subsidy. NNPC is the primary importer of gasoline. If they've raised their retail rate, then your average gas station will buy at a higher depot rate when they restock anytime from today.

As to the impact of subsidy removal, inflation will go through the roof.

I don't see the rates staying at the 500 band for long. Dollar rate should hit 900. Whenever oil cracks $85, expect the rates to surge again.

Everybody will increase prices. Especially SMEs, which are generally more sensitive to gasoline prices because of the epileptic power supply.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. by siaco(m): 11:57am On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Hypocritic zombie, so Tinubu was not criminal in 2012 when the then administration removed the subsidy and Tinubu cried wolf about it.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter / Faces Of Suspected Boko Haram Prisoners Released Today / On Atiku Abubakar's Fresh Posters In FCT (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.