Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (48369 Views)

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates / TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by DMerciful(m): 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tendering documents doesn't mean claiming victory but asking to be given the votes you got not matter how little!
OGHENAOGIE:
adamawa that PDP won na im elupee wan claim...

12 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by shepherd316: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Let's pray for longlife for President Tinubu, and let's also pray for the peace of Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by DestinyNigga: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
MT:

This is a comedy on the scale Nigeria has never witnessed before.

Obi was not voted for in the North. He came overall and distant 3rd. Yet he wanted to be sworn in as President. World Guinness Book ought to acknowledge this as the greatest joke the world has ever seen.

I feel sorry for him because he has eroded the little goodwill he had among Nigerians. Instead for him to be building bridges with other tribes, he is wasting time and energy in court.

You see why other tribes will not vote and not trust a certain tribe in power.

Na ur bridge? Abi u like him pass we Obidents? E pain u that we are about to kick the mandate thief out of aso rock. Sorry o 😆

15 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Maryloveth:

Ongoing:

Justices Taking Notes From LP Counsel Et Al !

LP: May I apply pursuant to paragraph 40(6) sub paragraph 4 of the 1st Schedule to the electoral act for all the certified true copies of INEC documents which we have so far tendered in this petition to be taken as read.

INEC: In view of the objections raised by us, on behalf of the 1st respondent we do not give our consent.

2nd & 3rd: My Lords we maintain the same stand with the 1st respondent and don’t give our consent.

4th: Given our object to the admissibility of all the documents sought to be tendered by the petitioners in evidence, we invariably oppose to this application.
LP: I am shocked and surprised that they are opposing to this.

Court: (Jokes) just come prepared for any surprise so you’ll not developers BP.

LP: We have exhausted the documents we have for today but we will be ready on the next date with more documents including documents from Subpoenaed witness from INEC. However my Lord, all respondents have agreed that it should be adjourned till Monday as opposed to tomorrow. If it is not PREJUDICED, and our time will not be counted.

Court: No adjournment till Monday. Come tomorrow.
LP: Okay my Lord we will come tomorrow my Lords!

2nd & 3rd: We are pleading that some of us need to travel out of here as we are not from here so we are all parties in this petition pleading with your Lordships to come back on Monday and not tomorrow.
INEC: We are concerned that your Lordships have been sitting for 9 hours and we too. So we solicit your Lordship’s permission.
4th: I also yield and seek for Monday since the Petitioners raised the application.
Petitioners: We are ready to come tomorrow if it will affect our time.
Court: Well since the Counsels have discussed and agreed, we will grant the adjournment only for this Saturday and not further. It will not affect the petitioners time.

13 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
DMerciful:
Tendering documents doesn't mean claiming victory but asking to be given the votes you got not matter how little!
whatever the situation na Third LP go get... Only PDP APC can win president elections in Nigeria... LP should go back to PDP if they are serious to unseat APC...

1 Like

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Maryloveth:

LP: May I apply pursuant to paragraph 40(6) sub paragraph 4 of the 1st Schedule to the electoral act for all the certified true copies of INEC documents which we have so far tendered in this petition to be taken as read.

INEC: In view of the objections raised by us, on behalf of the 1st respondent we do not give our consent.

2nd & 3rd: My Lords we maintain the same stand with the 1st respondent and don’t give our consent.

4th: Given our object to the admissibility of all the documents sought to be tendered by the petitioners in evidence, we invariably oppose to this application.
LP: I am shocked and surprised that they are opposing to this.

Court: (Jokes) just come prepared for any surprise so you’ll not developers BP.

LP: We have exhausted the documents we have for today but we will be ready on the next date with more documents including documents from Subpoenaed witness from INEC. However my Lord, all respondents have agreed that it should be adjourned till Monday as opposed to tomorrow. If it is not PREJUDICED, and our time will not be counted.

Court: No adjournment till Monday. Come tomorrow.
LP: Okay my Lord we will come tomorrow my Lords!

2nd & 3rd: We are pleading that some of us need to travel out of here as we are not from here so we are all parties in this petition pleading with your Lordships to come back on Monday and not tomorrow.
INEC: We are concerned that your Lordships have been sitting for 9 hours and we too. So we solicit your Lordship’s permission.
4th: I also yield and seek for Monday since the Petitioners raised the application.
Petitioners: We are ready to come tomorrow if it will affect our time.
Court: Well since the Counsels have discussed and agreed, we will grant the adjournment only for this Saturday and not further. It will not affect the petitioners time.

Court ADJOURNED Till Monday June 5th 2023

Justice Added that from Monday, sitting of LP will start by 2pm!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Agadinaagwuofe: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
casualobserver:

FACT! Even if Tinubu is disqualified and his votes voided, neither Atiku nor Obi satisfied the requirements to become president. Therefore in the extremely unlikely scenario that Tinubu is disqualified, it will go to a rerun between Atiku and Obi and Obi will lose. In the event that Tinubu is not disqualified but determined not to have satisfied the requirements, the rerun will be between Tinubu and Atiku or in the event he manages to prove he came second, Tinubu and Obi. In all the scenarios above Obi will lose because the north will either vote for Tinubu or Atiku in any rerun involving Obi and another.

The bolded is not true Mr Man, court can void and also award votes at least Uzodimma case is recent. PO can be awarded the votes he claims if the court finds it authentic, and in that regards no rerun, INEC can be mandated to issue him certificate of return. I am not saying that will happen but yes it is legally possible so stop painting impossible scenerio you are not conversant and calling it FACTS

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
whatever the situation na Third LP go get... Only PDP APC can win president elections in Nigeria... LP should go back to PDP if they are serious to unseat APC...
The same way Tinubu with all his baggage cannot win election without rigging.The real votes of the people must count.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by MT: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So Abuja is East.Tinubu that was rigged for in the North couldn't get common 25% in Abuja where it was difficult to rig

Don't usurp the power of the Judiciary. Allow the Judiciary to interprete the law to us. Let the judges confirm why Abuja is so special that you must get 25% before you could be the president.

Grab your popcorn and be watching.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Agadinaagwuofe: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
adamawa that PDP won na im elupee wan claim...

They are not claiming winning, they are only saying their votes were not properly counted and ascribed. The EC8As are there let the judges use their hands and see what INEC counted.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by youngzeal1: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
pandoragirigory:
They shall surely gather, but they will be put to shame , God bless jagaban the Eze-Chukwu of Igbo land

Akpa amu gi

14 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Cjayboy: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
IamV:
This Smile….. cheesy

PEPPER THEM WITH SMILES....

12 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by senatordave1(m): 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
MT:

Obi was not voted for in the North. He came overall and distant 3rd. Yet he wanted to be sworn in as President. World Guinness Book ought to acknowledge this as the greatest joke the world has ever seen.

I feel sorry for him because he has eroded the little goodwill he had among Nigerians. Instead for him to be building bridges with other tribes, he is wasting time and energy in court.

It is so irritating

1 Like

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by creolehunt: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
ogify1:

It’s possible but can’t happen in NIGERIA. all these ones dey waste time.

Why cant it happen in Nigeria? Kindly share your thoughts

10 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by senatordave1(m): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Does winning in the North translate to victory? Tinubu that claim to win north after rigging couldn't get 25% in Abuja that was difficult to rig

Tinubu didn't rig the north.read atiku petition,he only challenged tinubu votes on sokoto,kogi and niger.obi needed to perform well in the north which he failed.he didn't even win SW so how did he win
Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by senatordave1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
DMerciful:
There are INEC certified true copies they used to declare Tinubu winner. Why do you want them struck out? You dont trust INEC?

Oga,didn't you follow the excerpts? They were never pleaded in their petition.it was never part of their case therefore it is null

2 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by tianshie(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
shepherd316:
Let's pray for longlife for President Tinubu, and let's also pray for the peace of Nigeria

God kee you and Tinubu there! Bloody idotas.

11 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by aikhimself: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
deanoffaculty:
Funny enough, nobody is interested in this court case again. Obi just dey there dey play....Nothing will come out of it!!!
What matters now is how to cooperate with this government to make Nigeria better.

Nigeria won't be better under a stollen mandate. Those people who defied harassment, attacked , intimidated, wounded , etc , and still voted need their stollen vote (falsely given to a drug criminal by INEC) returned back to their preferred candidate Peter Obi.

God does not reward evil.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by MummyNeto(f): 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
Maryloveth:

Court ADJOURNED Till Monday June 5th 2023

Justice Added that from Monday, sitting of LP will start by 2pm!
you have really done well! Thank you so much.

17 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by casualobserver: 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Fortunately, Obi won the election already, when his votes are added to him and removed from Tinubu in the 18 States that are been contested and the real results are been admitted by the courts

DMerciful:
Obi already won. You're basing your analysis on INEC fraudulent results

Obi only go 25% in 15 states plus Abuja, total of 16. Let us assume he manages to get akwa ibom ( where he is close to 25%) and Rivers that we all know was massively rigged to make a total of 18, he still needs an additional 7 states. Now please look at the results posted and tell me which of these states he can manufacture 25% from. Is it jigawa, zamfara, katsina, yobe sokoto, Borneo Kano, kebbi where he got less than 2%? Or is it Osun Bauchi Ekiti, Gombe Keats ondo where he got between 3% and 9%. If not that is already 14 states out of a possible 19. Meaning there are only 5 states from which to claw the statutory 25%…and which are those states left? Niger, Oyo, Kongi, Kara, Adamawa and Ogun where he has between 10 and 15%. He is not going to get Oyo or Ogun, Kogi or Niger so where is the 25% coming from? Even if he gets all 5, he needs 7.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by drlateef: 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
luskysylver:
and u that read politics and can play politics can not even win class rep position if to be elected.

Interestingly I was class rep of my class for 7 good years. And it was a popular acclamation. Obi could never match my popularity.
Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
MummyNeto:
you have really done well! Thank you so much.

You're welcome ma.
But I think IAMV should get all the credits.

12 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by sportskid(m): 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
Parachoko:
Pandora will never become the President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Your fear will make it happen

4 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by casualobserver: 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

The bolded is not true Mr Man, court can void and also award votes at least Uzodimma case is recent. PO can be awarded the votes he claims if the court finds it authentic, and in that regards no rerun, INEC can be mandated to issue him certificate of return. I am not saying that will happen but yes it is legally possible so stop painting impossible scenerio you are not conversant and calling it FACTS

Keep deluding yourselves. The reason why you are trying to disqualify Tinubu is because obi and his lawyers know that Obi cannot be declared winner based on the election results. Worst case is that it goes to a rerun and either Tinubu or Atiku will win.

The only possible argument for a Tinubu disqualification was double nomination and the Supreme Court has ruled that not only is it none of your business but the nomination is in order.

2 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by mtngloetiartel: 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
There is error in ur statement. Let me correct u. If Igbo will not emerge as President in that time frame, that mean Nigeria had cease to exist at some point before then. U have no idea what u are saying
DMerciful:
You're speculating instead of focusing on the CTCs being tendered in court

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Abemy(m): 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

Put it properly that Nigeria has a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture as president

Thank you

Chai! It's well.

1 Like

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by mtngloetiartel: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
There is error in ur statement. Let me correct u. If Igbo will not emerge as President in that time frame, that mean Nigeria had cease to exist at some point before then. U have no idea what u are talking about.
zomby:

This is 10000% certain.
The igbos don't understand that, to win a presidential election in Nigeria, you need either the northerners or the Yorubas. The northerners will never deal with the igbos, the yoruba on the other hand have finally woken up; the igbos will not be entertained ever again.
The big question is: Are the igbos enough to elect an igbo president?

The answer is NO!
There will never be an igbo president in Nigeria for the next 130 yrs.

3 Likes

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by drlateef: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

Award which votes? Do you think in all honesty that Obi was shortchanged in any state apart from Rivers? And do you think Obi will not be exposed in southeast? Someone said Tinubu did not make request to examine southeast votes. They forgot that Tinubu has a counter petition to be heard.
Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by PND01: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
[quote author=pandoragirigory post=123524389]They shall surely gather, but they will be put to shame , God bless jagaban the Eze-Chukwu of Igbo land [you/quote] you will still buy fuel at 600 naira just like everyone

1 Like

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Wahabfuture: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
MT:

How did you knew Obi was not voted in north? when all results was rigged, do you have brain leakage?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Agadinaagwuofe: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
casualobserver:

Keep deluding yourselves.

Well, it is futile trying to argue with you but I am putting it for the record so that people will not be deceived by your assertion THAT THE ONLY POSSIBLE OUTCOME IS RERUN. COURT CAN AWARD CLAIMANTS VOTES, AND IF HE MEETS THE OTHER CONDITIONS INEC WILL BE MANDATED TO ISSUE CERTIFICATE OF RETURN. This is my only message

You can now have all the time.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem / US To Seize Kola Aluko’s House: $25m Los Angeles Mansion / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To #EndSARS Campaign On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.