Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347654 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2007
@Enitan

Rennes v Lyon totally free today on TV Monde @22w --- from 5.10 PM Nigerian time. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ Enigma,
i just dont know what happened to RDV, it just went scrambled some minutes to the match btw bolton/man utd, do you know any keys that can unlock all the channels under canalsat?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2007
Hi enigma,
am currently watching lyon/rennes match on tv5, but rdv is still scrambled. wetin i fit do?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2007
Enitan

Sorry about RDV sad

There is politics in this FTA v Pay TV malarkey. The Pay TV companies like Sky, Canalsat, DSTV etc want to collect our money; so they put pressure on the FTA stations as far as some programmes are concerned - especially football. They pressurise them to encrypt such things. In fairness, the contracts of the FTA channels tend to have some restrictions --- and this is another reason they encrypt. English Premiership is the biggest challenge for a lot of FTA/Sat enthusiasts world-wide ---- though in some parts, especially Europe, FTA/Sat enthusiasts have been winning for some time now.

As for Canalsat on 22w, I have to be honest with you that its keys will be difficult to find ---- simply because the people who source the keys are mostly in Europe and the 22w Canalsat is not priority since most people in Europe don't bother with it or cannot receive that beam of the satellite in the 1st place.

I will bet you that once the match is over RDV will be back open fully FTA again. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ enigma
True to your words, rdv is back on air, on your own part what do you think i can do for now?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2007
There is hope that packages like Canalsat might soon be open. The reason is this: the packages that enthusiasts in Europe rely upon e.g. D+, TV Cabo, Premiere are beginning to tighten up (TV Cabo is already totally down and some D+ channels are now gone too --- all gone to Nagra3). What people here are saying is that once all those go; the 'key guys' will turn their attention to other packages possibly including Canalsat etc in the meantime until they are able to open Nagra 3.

So, hang in there for a while; I will keep my ears open and if I hear any news about Canalsat being open, I will post the news here.

On a different note; are you going to add a 2nd lnb for Trend TV; you can use sello tape to hold it up as pitodenz suggested.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2007
If any dealer/s in satellite dishes ever read this thread, I hope they will consider importing a dish like that in the link for the Nigerian market as it is quite relatively cheap.

http://www.so-mm.de/product_info.php?products_id=387&language=en
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ enigma,
concerning the 2nd lnb, i think i'll give it a try by december, thanks so much, just keep yur ears to d ground for learners like us.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ enitan,
     i encourage ur search on nss7ku.
     @ enigma,
            like how much ll the technomate cost in naija.
in p.h her5e there's one new digital cable channel that shows all the premiership through showtime since premiership started and they re free on air here in p.h.they show about 46 channels including all the shows package.but today all their showsports channels were down leaving other show channels open,i think the sports channel we come back after premiership,plzz if ther's new key for showtime somebody should post it here. i think hitv hand is on this.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ pit,
that was what enigma explained in his last post, av u gotten rtg on nss7. which particular satellite u dey face sef?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2007
@Pitodenz

The Technomate 5400 costs about between £100-120 so roughly N25,000; I think the Strong is good too though.

Also, Showtime is still down --- for most people; not just in Naija.

@Enitan

The best I can do for now re Canalsat is in this link from 2005; you can try it (since you never know) but I don't expect it to work. I would have tried it first but I don't presently get 22w.

_http://www.wardom.org/mediaguard-seca-1-keys-t1429.html?s=f9fc4d1e327e1d0a5f438aaa684107f7&
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2007
@pitodenz

pitodenz:

@ enigma,

in p.h her5e there's one new digital cable channel that shows all the premiership through showtime since premiership started and they re free on air here in p.h.they show about 46 channels including all the shows package.but today all their showsports channels were down leaving other show channels open,i think the sports channel we come back after premiership,

Thanks for this post because it now seems to explain what one guy was saying on another thread. Basically what is happening is this: this Digital Cable Company has a dish aligned to Nilesat; from there they can get the Showtime package; they then redistribute and sell it through some kind of antenna/decoder system.

Be warned: do NOT buy such a thing; it will only work if and when the keys of Showtime are known. In fact, I believe that you can already get Nilesat/Showtime as well (apart from no keys for Showtime); so 1. what is the difference between you and the cable company and (2) why pay for something that you have exactly already?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ enigma,
u said it all, most people have already fallen for the guy's scheme not con this time around,wetin u fit call am sef? i said it is nt possible if there exists no cable provider where u live, abi no be so,enigma?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2007
enitan u sèf fall for that guy too o, enigma is there any key for conax for mytv channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 25, 2007
@ Fadinus,
i no fall 4 d guy's trick at all, try read my posts 4 dat again, and u'll see for urself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 25, 2007
@ Fadinus,
i no fall 4 d guy's trick at all, try read my posts 4 dat again, and u'll see for urself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 2:03pm On Nov 25, 2007
Gr8 nairalanders
no be small good jo una dey do 4 dis tread. thumbs up to u guys. though I did something which has shut down my receiver - I installed a new firmware for strong SRT4653X that I downloaded from strong website - still figuring out how to get the receiver working though dia tech support gave me a software to download into the receiver. that been that for now.

I am looking for someone who is good with php so we can go into a business partnership. mail me direct if u want vickoy23@bezeedee.com

called an installer to help me track 7ºE. will let u guys know how far we went.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2007
hi guys if u want to watch premier league for free,read this: get 1.8m dish,c-band lnbf,any free to air receiver. use this frequency 3468v 4340 and face the west i.e 55 degree west. u will get fox soccer channel. Dont forget,donot use the di-electric in the lnbf. U can get it from any part of Nigeria. It is in opposte direction of mytv. Contact 08066061677 for more info.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2007
Yeah, it used to be sportsmax, and I have talk about it in the [url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=7715.msg639783#msg639783 past in this forum]past in this forum[/url] It was scrambled then, it has however been opened again.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2007
it is nice,am currently watching it
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:11am On Nov 26, 2007
@ Badaru

How many channels can you get on 55w?

If your receiver has 'blind scan' you should blind scan the satellite (or use Lyngsat); there is some football on TV Capixaba also on that sat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by AK123(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2007
please can you give me information on anybody that can help fix this free to air stuff in ibadan i dont have the time n knowledge to fix it myself . phone numbers contacts will be highly appreciated
thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hello fellas! I have been busy at work for national security. I have just updated my self since the last time I was on. My observations and Contributions: Though this thread is free, I notice that some of us do more of the work while others just breeze in and out,asking premium ques and disappearing.
This thread is all about FTA and not about .9m dish. I believe it is high time we move from theory to practical,as I have read about some fellas who installed their dish themselves-I also installed a 1.8m dish over the weekend for a guy-he paid me 3k-I used the money to buy my tools for dish installation-I am going part time pro.

Pole mount 1.8m dish goes for 8,500 to 9k,ground mount goes for8k. Srt4651x goes for 7,500,lnb700, diseq300
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by solidus: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ all the experts

can someone please tell me how to input keys on skysat sk-201. i hope someone will answer me this time. my dish is pointed to nilesat
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2007
http://www.falconsat.co.uk/showtime-arabic-p-1750.html?osCsid=0b8f34e3f58ba937e01f426730504a7f

http://dubaisatshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=188&osCsid=e14dd36740b955c97ffc3ae70985f9e0
please fellas check this link, gives us the ability to buy showtime subscription on Nilesat. I believe it will be cheaper if sold from the usa.
Solidus who are you,you can't just jump in and jump out introduce your self to the experts as you call them
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2007
biggjoe24@yahoo.com
We really need to get to bigjoe.above is his email.My network went down so I coudnt mail him.Indeed he has started what can never die. We will diminish the likes of dstv through what bigjoe started. I hail him!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hi everyone,
Jujukemist does have a point, all some of us seem to do is ask questions and then disappear, well, but u have to bear in mind that one can only contribute what one does have, and no shame in asking afterall, na the only way when some of us fit use learn anything at all be that.
sha-sha, it seems as if u can't install firmwares via a usb flash cos i tried doing just that this weekend but it kept telling me 'memory error'. but i was able to install some other smaller sized softwares. wonder if it has something to do with the size of the internal flash of the decoder?
it's funny how 3 channels were showing the chelsea v derby match by evening (mbi, gtv and one more i can't remember right now), while earlier in the day, u couldn't get to watch the liverpool or manutd games on any of the FTA channels, i mean if u are gonna block something, u might as well block everything. (chelsea fans wouldn't agree though)

Another thing is that i didn\t know the aljazeera sport channels available on fta didn't show la liga matches, i discovered when it was too late to do anything about it, i wonder how the keys to those channels are gotten?

anyway, i'm still trying to pass decoder101 - how to patch it with a new xoftware, guess i have to do that via a computer i guess.

ONE LOVE
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by AK123(m): 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ jujukemist
seems you can assist with the instalation stuff pls can u get accross to me on akinyemiree@yahoo.com . so we can discuss
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ejike3: 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2007
You guys are wonderful.
It is intreasting, I need to get this equipment and come for more advice.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2007
Pls can anyone post or give the link where i can get any software to patch my strong decoder. Enitan and Enigma abeg u can help too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 9:48am On Nov 28, 2007
@fadinus

See Posts numbers 200 & 244 in this same thread (remember to be careful so as not to damage your receiver).
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
@ enigma,

quite a long time i've been on this thread, i've been in school. I still appreciate the work you guys are doing here and the suggestion someone made earlier that while some guys are working some are busy posting questions, if you dont have any dish installed no matter how small it is, you dont have to post any questions, cos i guessed all your questions to be asked must have been answered if you go through the replies from the beginning.

@ badaru,

i called you over the weekend complaining of that RDV station that got scrambled at the beginning of the match bolton/man utd and you promised to call me back, but you didnt, wetin happen now?

@ all_experts,

is it now that for the mean time there is no hope for those using 90cm, in getting more channels?

dont attack me oooooo, am just being curious

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.