Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347692 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,

Promised to post the detail of my experience while installing the two LNB thing. The dish should be 90cm dish (the size of dstv dish). for the make i don't know. nothing is written on it. Got it from a guy who brought it from holland but left it unused.

so i got an installer  who was useless to me because I found out he does not know more than the basics of installing dstv, hitv and mytv so I ended up doing it myself. I climbed to d roof top (don't try to if u don't have extra life in the freezer), used the first (main) LNB to track 22ºW and locked the disk there. then, moving around the second LNB, i tried to pick the signal for 27.5ºW using nollywood frequency (i don't have a sat tracker so na trial and error). I picked signal when i put the LNB on top of the main one and tilting it at its base up and the head to the lower right of the dish (see uploaded picture above). the question was how do i get the LNB to stay that way. so I broke ply wood into five pieces and fastened them together with a tape and using my tabe I fastend the Second LNB, wood and main lnb together. But by the third day the tape was streching (weather) and made the LNB to shift and loose signal so I had to go back and use the wires in a cat5e cable to fasten them together.

Now for the HITV signal on the 27.5ºW (i believe it is this degree because it is the LNB I used for Nollywood that I got the HITV from) I did blind scan using strong srt4653X and to my surprise i got HITV channels. all of them. I am not at home now so when i get home i would copy the freq and other infos to post here.

The signal i am yet to pick is 7ºE on a 90cm dish. though every info says I should pick it but try as hard as i can i could not. has anyone picked it in lagos?

@tushman
Happy experimenting
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2007
Hey my good people, Are u aware that france24 has been added to 68.5ºE (MYTV). MYTV has splitted the channels the marged together i.e african movies, fashion TV and teletoon. they now stand on their own frequency. while african movies still remains at 12,722 MHz, Horizontal, 26.657 Ms/s, FEC: 1/2, France 24, Fashion TV and Teletoon are on 12,522MHz, Horizontal, 26.657Ms/s, FEC: 1/2. Go reset your receiver if you have not done so. just rescan intelsat 7/10 KU or Pas 7/10 depending on your type of receiver. I just hope they would add better channels like documentary, movie, animal world, sport, etc. you know such stuffs.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2007
Have u guys seen this free software to calculate dish installation. i installed it myself but yet to understand how to use it. it's free. http://www.smw.se/SMWLink.htm
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2007
@Vickoy23

I stay arnd Ogba and just installed mytv but couldnt access e.tv. my installer told me it's a software problem cos it was purchased from hitv. Is that true and would it work wit the mytv smart card?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
u can watch premier league on foxsocer channel on 55 degree west and on digial plus packages on 30 degree west,although only limited channels are working for now,they are moving to nagra 3.

seems the foxsoccer channel is on intelsat805, hope its possible to get it with a 1.8 dish or less for the fans of the 90cm dish, cos digital+ on 30w is on hispasat which the experts claim u can't get with anything less than 2.5m. been trying to get my installer to come around and try out the 55w c-band stuff, seems i'll have to do it myself 2morrow. wish me luck.

tushman and jujukemist
so much beef, come on u guys, it's just a chat site, lets chat and not fight, pls keep it clean.

ONE LOVE
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2007
sorry guys,
i didn't mean to start no beef here,was in a foul mood yesterday
and i come in here and meet someone acting like he was don corleone up in this muthafuka
anyways, enough of the beef ish, that ish is played out.
you guys that pick hitv signals:
is it scrambled?
are you using a strong reciever?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by iretunde(m): 10:58am On Dec 05, 2007
I have notice to my best knowledge that C band does a lots and lots work than the Ku Band, but to my greatest surprise I believe some people will have to put the whole house thru whether or the C band can pick some sattelites. I believe some people will say this guy has come again. Sorry for taking your time, I had some little problem with my connection that is why. I thank you all for your concern regarding FTA's and regarding those who have made their call and so also those that have try to know me one on one, you can all understand that I'm not lying about the FTA. But as some people will have there's a whole lots and lots of scammers around that are all faking people while some of them will call me and use what they have learnt from me for thier business. So please I'll urge everyone that does this to stop, and furthermore I'll not entertain any anonymous call, so please if you are calling me kindly let me see your number and I appreciate day time calls. Thank you. The number again is 2348035324914, 2348058166789, 23418906836. C Bnad works fasters and more better when using it for FTA but you'll have to determine the sattelite position and the elevation. Somebody sent an sms to me regarding Hispasat, I'll like the person to please kindly call me so to give him the exact position. Please no flashing some people always do this, and you know I'll call back. But it's not a good thing for me to call you. FTA is real there so many FTA channels on C band. Presently I have more than 200 Channels on FTA in a particular spot of sattellite position but a lots of people have telling me that they don't leave in there personal appartment. I pray that God will build our own house for us, so that we can do what we really want to do for ourselves. Please once again I'm sorry to keep you all on suspense thanks and remain blessed. Iretunde ADAMS
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by madskillz: 11:29am On Dec 05, 2007
@ jujukemist, I was about to reply you but I guess I don't have to anymore lipsrsealed
you know he was right(tushman I mean) though a bit rough, do you think I have the time to go through 13 Pages of post, you should have considered that. anyways no hard feelings am aiight.

@tushman, be cool bro, am sure someone will give u a reply soon, I also got the showtime package but its scrambled at the mo(I loved those channels) I guess good stuff cannot be free to air! grin

ps Don Corleone !!!! FUnny!!!! am rolling here, cheers man!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by madskillz: 11:43am On Dec 05, 2007
@ Enigma
you my man are truly an enigma! some kind of hobby to choose(most pple have chess or golf as hobbies not '(F)ree audio visual enhancement (T)echniques on a parabolic (A)ntenna receptor! FTA) might as well go for nuclear physics grin cool.!!
Anyways am North side of Naija at the mo.

@ badaru1
thnks badaru, I will indeed try smthing

@imomoh
common man, why tease guys like that, o well,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ipe: 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2007
Jujukemist,
How u sure that Dubia sports is on Nilesat
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ipe: 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2007
butoneday,
Thanks for your reply, but still, i try to locate the web site u attached, i am not geting Nigeria sat there. All what i am seeing is asia, america country.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by iz2much: 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2007
Thanks Guyz 4 the Info. i have that at home already, but the Nile sat is somehw messing up during the day but it okay at nite. All i have spent on mine till date will cost nothing less than 90,000 am serious
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2007
i use a 1.8metre dish that rotates.
i have about 13 positions there
am not at home so i cant say which channels are on what position
and like i said when i first came in here.i'm not the technical type.
each time i got probs with reception i need to call the chap that did my installation.
position 1: eatv, etv, channel 10, tvm, tvt, mytv channels(all scrambled) and tons of christain channels
position 2: nation
position 3: sabc 1,2 & 3, etv(they dont show any longer)
position 4: pentagon, dwtv
position 8: mbc 1234action,mtv arabia,showtime/art(fukin scrambled now),bbc,cnn,al jazeera english,dubai one,kuwait 2 and lotsa arab channels
position 9: ait lagos,ait london, and 12 ethiopian channels
position 10: cnn and some french channels
position 12: nollywood,mbi, ewtn(catholic channel)
position 13: some chinko stations, cctv i guess
position 14: hispasat(the love of my life b4 that heartbreaker showtime came and left) guess they are migrating to nagra 3 now
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2007
ipe:

butoneday,
Thanks for your reply, but still, i try to locate the web site u attached, i am not getting Nigeria sat there. All what i am seeing is Asia, America country.

Ipe,
You will need to spend more time on that web site if you are not familiar with how to locate what you want. On the other hand, I was talking about Nilesat 101, Nilesat 102 and not Nigeria sat. To get Nilesat from that site just look click Free TV, click African, Egypt and Nilesat 101, Nilesat 102, Atlantic bird etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by madskillz: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2007
hey tushman?
can u say the location of position 14, hispasat(eg 55* facing west and/or frequency??) and the type of channels on it.

MBC on nilesat is okay but kind of back-date(old movies and shows, imagine Prison break on season 1! by the way they stopped at 8 season 3) anyways ciao

ur installer ask him wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
These are the HITV stations I got on intel907 (27.5ºW) Like i said in my earlier post, I cant explain how the signal got there but the down side of it is that the signal keep fluctuating but when it do come in I have it at 55% quality. Maybe it is a reflection or something that made me get it in the first place or maybe it is there and i have not tracked it well. It is not free. You would have to use there smart card to get it so might just be useful only to HITV customers who want to take advantage of the FTA in the west. I migt try to contact HITV and find out if they are moving west or adding west to there east.

On 11.861 H 28.088 I got Hi Life, MTV Base, Hi Sports, FoxSports, E!, LTV8
On 11.904 H 28.095 I got Nigezie, Hi Sports2, SkyNews, Love World

The VPID, APID and PPID are as follows

Hi Life - Vpid 0033 Apid 0769 ppid 0033
MTV Base - Vpid 0554 Apid 0555 ppid 0554
Hi Sports - Vpid 0034 Apid 0035 ppid 0034
Fox Sports - Vpid 0512 Apid 0650 ppid 0128
E! - Vpid 0151 Apid 0152 ppid 0151
LTV8 - Vpid 0037 Apid 0038 ppid 0037
Nigezie - Vpid 0033 Apid 0769 ppid 0033
Hi Sports2 - Vpid 0034 Apid 0035 ppid 0034
SkyNews - Vpid 0051 Apid 0052 ppid 0054
Love World - Vpid 0265 Apid 0521 ppid 0265

@ayusman16
What brand of receiver are u using? Do u have the etv showing scrambled channel or u dont have it at all. if it is showing scrambled and you are using strong receiver, press 6969 twice (i.e 6969 6969) on your remote. ir it is eurostar then press 8888 on your remote. it would not work with Mytv smartcard because they are not with MYTV infact while MYTV is Conax encrypted ETV is nagravision encrypted if you are using strong, what model number is it. if 6969 does not work i.e if you are using strong receiver then you might need to patch your receiver or better still download the software from a receiver of same model number that 6969 works on. let us know if this helped if it does not you might have to provide more info for guys on this topic to help u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2007
@Vickoy

Thanks for the reply.

I think my installer tried all these stuffs u've mentioned but it keeps showing "scrambled channel"

Am using a Strong decoder gotten from HITV (do know if they customised for e.tv not to work)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 9:55am On Dec 06, 2007
@ayusman16
There is no way if you press 6969twice and it will not work. In the first instance, what is the percentage of the signal that you received? what is the frequency which you use to get etv? I also use the HITV strong decoders, and am sure I had use the decoder to try etv and it worked. For avoidance of doubt, etv frequency is 12722, the symbol rate is 26657 but make sure the tranponder of the etv you get is V and not H. Sometimes when you use transponder H, you get etv, but it would give you signal, but it wont work with 6969. I hope this suffice.

Thanks vickoy, I will give it a trial this weekend.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2007
ipe:

Jujukemist,
How u sure that Dubia sports is on Nilesat
Bros, na wa for you, must you ask by saying how sure am I? I hate such disblieving and confrontational statements. If I am not sure how comes I gave the transponder and  the freq?
madskillz:

@ jujukemist, I was about to reply you but I guess I don't have to anymore lipsrsealed
you know he was right(tushman I mean) though a bit rough, do you think I have the time to go through 13 Pages of post, you should have considered that. anyways no hard feelings am aiight.

@tushman, be cool bro, am sure someone will give u a reply soon, I also got the showtime package but its scrambled at the mo(I loved those channels) I guess good stuff cannot be free to air! grin

ps Don Corleone !!!! FUnny!!!! am rolling here, cheers man!

Bros I am sorry, I see your point. I will stand down all hostilities, with a permanent truce coolIf you are in Kaduna,you can locate me at the DEFENCE INDUSTRIES CORPORATION OF NIGERA,ARMAMENT FACTORIES,KAKURI KADUNA SOUTH. since I am also using a 1.8m dish,perhaps we can rub minds together smiley
BUTONEDAY,
thanks for your advice, meanwhile I wil enquire,concerning the special KU lnb you ask me about.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ejike3: 1:25pm On Dec 06, 2007
Hello nairalanders

While blind scanning with STRONG reciever and 90cm dish yesterday, NTA Plus surfaced on Tp 12.522 and Tp 12.523 of Intelsat 7/10 they are free. I was about putting down the Symble-Rate when PHCN ceased the power supply. Though one of the NTA Plus displayed no audio initially, but it got restored latter.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ejike3: 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2007
@
The African Movies, teletoon and Fashion Tv on the intelsat 7/10 is not free. Is any body watching it free?

@ madskillz
I am not enthusiastic about football, I only watch it when I feel like. I don't even know the difference b/w Premiership, Championship and FA Cup, but for those that are looking for it, I think, I t-h-i-n-k that is what they said I was watching on Stv2 of NSS7ku. Our sports guys should check it and correct me.

@Nairaland FTA experts
Pls is it an illusion or what? Pointing at NSS 7, with same LNB, I recived signals from Intelsat 801 which supposed to be on 31degree west. Most of the the stations on the intel 801 are also on NSS7.
On intelsat 801, there are something like:
TV1 Gabon Tp-11.617Horizontal SR- 4340
TV2 Gabon same transponder - no audio/video
RTN Gabon same transponder - no audio/video
STV1 Tp-11.610 horizontal SR- 4051
Ghana TV Tp-11635 vertical SR-2850
there are other stations too. I was in the south-east Nigeria when I recieved them, Enugu to be precise, dish size 90cm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2007
maybe both satellite are west positioned. I use nss7 but c band my dishand the lnb is facing west. or u mistakenly input the tp and symbol rate of nss7ku in to intel 801. other experts will tell you wat I miss. you made an intresting find with the nta plus, well done! cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ayusman16

try twinstaye's post if you are using strong receiver. But I am aware that HITV has  this new type of Receiver (Black color) if it is that one then I don't know anything about it. if it is a strong receiver then let us have the model number maybe a nairalander has a solution for it.

@Ejike3

ofcourse african movie, teletoon and fashion TV are not free. they are MYTV package only made to run 24hrs on their own. they used to be on one channel before.

Thats intresting if finally nigeria has deemed it fit to have it's national staton on a KU band and we would not have to pay to watch our own local content. if Gabon, Ghana and Cameroun can beam their signal free, but the so called Giant of Africa cannot then ,  I will give it a try later today when i get home. thanks for the info I hope is not one of those "totori" (flash in the pan) that Nigeria is known for.

Just modifying this post. I went to satcodx.com and NTA+ is listed there as free. Thanks for the info. secondly I just remembered and for which I confirmed from satcodx.com. etv is now free. at least in the past few days up till yesterday, i have not been entering 6969 before viewing ETV.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by madskillz: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2007
Hey jujukemist no probs my man, we shall meet hopefuly before I go back to ph. anyways, thnx

Ejike
Ejike3:

@
The African Movies, teletoon and Fashion Tv on the intelsat 7/10 is not free. Is any body watching it free?

I am not enthusiastic about football, I only watch it when I feel like. I don't even know the difference b/w Premiership, Championship and FA Cup, but for those that are looking for it, I think, I t-h-i-n-k that is what they said I was watching on Stv2 of NSS7ku. Our sports guys should check it and correct me.
]

Fashion TV is free that I know!! don't know about teletoon, african movies,

I just enjoy the entertainment from premiership,
anyways u said NSS7Ku ey? I think I can look into that smiley

men whts the use of ntaPlus apart from news? cry

Please is this HITV FTA? cos smone postd a comment saying that u need their smartcard

You know guys sometimes signals are bounced off the earths surface while some are airborne, also relective surfaces like oceans, rivers the moon blah blah can help put some signals your way so don't be suprised if u see one "unwanted" signal just pray it has good channels and would last!! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 9:57am On Dec 10, 2007
@vickoy23 @twinstaiye @Enigma @All

My etv is working now! Wow! Thanks for ur help! U guys are too much! cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2007
ayusman16:

@vickoy23 @twinstaiye @Enigma @All

My etv is working now! Wow! Thanks for your help! You guys are too much! cheesy

Welcome to the world of etv. let s pray they would add better channels in the nearest future. not these stupid ones like supreme master and citizen TV
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by matthee(m): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2007
Thanks for signing me to this great forum, I will like to be inform on the going, in the new search for free to air. there somany things i need to know when it comes to free to air. put the pictures clear. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2007
@ jujukemist
bro abeg check for me the price of 2.4m dish motorize-ready and ground mount respectively,and eurostar 1.8m dish motorize-ready in kaduna plz i ll need ur phone number.
in ur pic the c-band is for which sat? nss7c?

@ tushman
u mean u can motorize nilesat with other sat there in minna.plz upload the pic here,cos here in ph when we manage to get nilesat it always go out of alignment with other sat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:34am On Dec 12, 2007
@ imhomoh

Well there is something (proper connections and installation) you can do with that your Sunwin DVB-T Reciever and you will start watching satellite Stations like Show Sport 2, 3,4 Show action and the rest of Showtime channels and others too, That is what we use out here.

Remember that your DVB does not work with the CTL yogi antenna.

IF you are really interested in getting this secret, then mail me at :
gentleoshoke4u@gmail.com.

bro listen to urself, re u able to watch those channels again? am in ph just like u.those stations re own by a cable station called metrodigital and they were running on test trasmission for the past 4 months and now the ve scrammbled their channels to their subcribers.instead u will be asking how to get those channels on orbit direct u re here trying to make money in a forum u ve no contribution on or dont u know that u can get those channels direct in ph using dish and most of those channels re free from nilesat apart from showtime which was scrambled back sometime last month.
@ all
we re here to learn not to focus on how to make quick money,remember there re experts here who give out their knowledge without asking for anything.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2007
@ butoneday
bro i think i ll manage that 2.4m as for now,but u get any idea if they get the motorize type am gonna try the 2.4m dish this december in ph preferable the polar mount.i ll need some details from u i ll call u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
pitodenz:

@ imhomoh

Well there is something (proper connections and installation) you can do with that your Sunwin DVB-T Reciever and you will start watching satellite Stations like Show Sport 2, 3,4 Show action and the rest of Showtime channels and others too, That is what we use out here.

Remember that your DVB does not work with the CTL yogi antenna.

IF you are really interested in getting this secret, then mail me at :
gentleoshoke4u@gmail.com.

bro listen to yourself, re u able to watch those channels again? am in ph just like u.those stations re own by a cable station called metrodigital and they were running on test trasmission for the past 4 months and now the ve scrammbled their channels to their subcribers.instead u will be asking how to get those channels on orbit direct u re here trying to make money in a forum u ve no contribution on or don't u know that u can get those channels direct in ph using dish and most of those channels re free from nilesat apart from showtime which was scrambled back sometime last month.
@ all
we re here to learn not to focus on how to make quick money,remember there re experts here who give out their knowledge without asking for anything.
Thanks man, I hope mercinaries wouls not hijack this unique forum. I will check the prizes as you rquested.
Theoretically I believe that I can use my 1.8m dish facing west to get HITV signals,because I have been getting nss7c on the dish. sat position is 22W. Since HITV is 27.5W pls any contributin Enigma etal
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2007
pitodenz:

@ butoneday
bro i think i ll manage that 2.4m as for now,but u get any idea if they get the motorize type am going to try the 2.4m dish this december in ph preferable the polar mount.i ll need some details from u i ll call u.

A friend of mine in PH is using a 2.4m motorized dish. I think the installer converted a ground mount dish to polar mount in his case, because ALABA INT market in Lagos did not have any PAN 2.4m polar mount. Try to construct one and use it with a heavy duty jack. I will be in town as from 21st of dec.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.