Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347180 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ pitodenz,
why did u say i might be using a 1.8m dish? am using 90cm dish, ok?
@ fadinus,
why are you angry with me? there's no gain in getting dstv channels freqs cos they are coded, and they change their codings every hour.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2007
Hello everyone,
i've been interested in this FTA stuff for a while and have been monitoring your discussions and those of others around me (i stay in Zaria) to make sure that when i do get around to installing one, i would make the best of it.
anyways i finally got around to installing mine last saturday. i bought a strong srt 4651, a 1.8m dish and 3 lnbs for nilesat, nss7 and that express one for nollywood.
now i guess it's fair to say premier league football and champions league are the primary factors that push most of us to want to install these satellite receivers though there are other nice channels that can help one unwind after a hard day.
anyway, what i'm really interested in is the issue of cracking these scrambled channels. from all i can gather from earlier posts and discussions with my installer, it seems i have to patch my decoder and then start downloading regular keys/softcam to unlock these channels.
now i'd rather ask questions that seem silly than destroy my decoder to prove i can also do something so please, if u guys can help me out here, i need to find out the following stuff.
1. How do i do the initial patching, do i download one of these sofwares (and which one) i am seeing at www.sat-television.com and install it via the usb hub of the decoder, cos i can't find any instructions/guide on that site?
2. how do i update the keys regularly?  i mean i see some keys on the net but they just seem like computer talk to me, and i can't quite figure out what to do with them or what they even mean, they just seem like strings of alphanumeics to me.
3. do i need any extra hardware apart from a usb flash drive to do all these installations?

i guess what i'm trying to say is that i would like to get a hang of this stuff, and would really appreciate it if someone were to put me through.
thanks a lot guys, and sorry for taking so much of your time.

ONE LOVE
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2007
Hi gangstar,
based on the questions u just asked i think enigma,thinkin-guy,pitodenz are in the best position to put you through on that.
On RVD at nss7 they air premiership,they'll be airing man utd vs bolton dis saturday at 16:00hrs which is different from d chelsea/derby county match all our national stations will be airing. i even heard some stations on nss7 air spanish la liga, i'm gonna find that out this weekend.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 11:09pm On Nov 21, 2007
hi enitan, i just want to use the frequency to track dstv for somebody, i dont personally need. Just want to make small money. If you know it give me please.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by semidaraeb(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2007
Thanks Dud it works but am ving trouble downloading anthing Y? do u also know anything or have info on Free to Air Satelite, in terms of cost for buyn d

accessories and where i can get them,i will probarly put in Mowe town,how i can get one, also the shop i can get such and the brands to buy in each

case like decoder brand,Type of Dish, do i get 90cm or 1.8m, ku band or c band,some one said i should get eurosta dish,is it the best or the one i need,i

was also told there is a direction finder u can use to tuner it with by remote control like the tv antena,how many stations am i likely to get,

there dis dish i see a lot it as an S writen in blue on it will it work or not, i think the name is space something i cnt remeber the full name it comes with a decoder as well i want to know if it will work as well

pls help i need the information soonest- thanks -Cheers

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by semidaraeb(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2007
Thanks Dud it works but am ving trouble downloading anthing Y? do u also know anything or have info on Free to Air Satelite, in terms of cost for buyn d

accessories and where i can get them,i will probarly put in Mowe town,how i can get one, also  the shop i can get such and the brands to buy in each

case like decoder brand,Type of Dish, do i get 90cm or 1.8m, ku band or c band,some one said i should get eurosta dish,is it the best or the one i need,i

was also told there is a direction finder u can use to tuner it with by remote control like the tv antena,how many stations am i likely to get,

there dis dish i see a lot it as an S writen in blue on it will it work or not, i think the name is space something i cnt remeber the full name it comes with a decoder as well i want to know if it will work as well

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2007
@ gangstar,
boy ur questions shows u re smart and a promise u,u re going to enjoy this forum.this re my answers to ur questions.
1. i think most strong decoders re factory patched that why u can use 6969 to reactivate the patch.if 6969 works in ur decoder is already patched but u can check for uptade which i think enigma knows more.
2.u update ur keys manually by pressing 8282 for hex keys and 8280 for biss keys.
3. i dont think u need any extra hardware or else incase were u find a strong decoder which is more updated u can use it to update ur own decoder and plz i such a case make sure the decoder re the same model like ur model can go for 4651,4652,4653 not x series or else u re using x series.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2007
i happen to find out that so many people re joining this thread.BIGGJOE THANKS A MILLION TIMES.But wher re u.WHERE'S BIGGJOE!WHERE'S BIGGJOE!WHERE'S BIGGJOE!
Since it seems that am the only installer in this forum i mean i do satellite for a leaving.yes is my job for years.i think i ll find out time to analyse the physical side of this job both 90cm,comstar dish,1.8,2.4 and more.while enigma will lecture us with the software side of it.
@ jujukemist plz find out how much they re selling 1.8m and 2.4 eurostar dish in kaduna they seem to ve it there i dont mind coming over to purchase.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by elamx(m): 9:17am On Nov 23, 2007
ello bigjoe
i will like you to expanciate more light to me on free to air satelite.pls get me all info that i will need to connect so that i will be able to be on air pls i need you reply urgent.am planing to get HITV soon that is why i need you to explain to me better and the knid of channels u get for sport and other channels aswell.
till i hear from you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by solidus: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2007
Hi

Unfortunately for me, i never new about this forum before buying my receiver. i am using a skysat-sk201. i am currently receiving nilesat. i have searched online for patches for the receiver. there seems to be no support for it. if anyone has any patch for that receiver, pls help a bro out. also how do i input lets say showtime keys for example on the receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 11:53am On Nov 23, 2007
Hi pitodenz,
please since you are an installer, i want you to please send me the frequency for dstv installation. I will be awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ fadinus,
bro i dont know the type of receiver u intent to use.if its dstv receiver u dont need any frequency from anybody cos their frequency is already in it.for strong decoder u can use this: sat;eutelsat w4. freq 12204 symbol rate 27500 pol H. after getting signal wich should be above 90% u can go through other freq scan any one that shows green bar.they ve about 4 to 5 different freq which re already inbuild in strong.
ANYONE HAS NEW KEY FOR SHOWTIME PLZ POST.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ enigma,
bro where do i get technomate receiver since u said its a little bit better than strong,and what make u think its better and which model is better?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2007
abeg who get the new code for showtime/ART?
ITS DRIVING ME INSANE MAN angry sad
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ Fadinus

Your question is not clear; what do you mean by DSTV frequency exactly? In any event you can have a look in the link; DSTV=Multichoice http://www.flysat.com/eutelsatw4-sesat.php

@pitodenz

Actually the better Technomate to buy now is the 5400 which replaces the one I mentioned earlier; I think they may not be in Naija yet; they are readily available in UK if u know someone who can get it here; or you can also search on the Web.

@ tushman

It seems Showtime is still down.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ pitodenz,
the code 6969 is already for e-tv on my decoder,and i can also use the 8282 code to bring out the key edit. my question is, do you know if there's any code that can break into canal sat on nss7 at 22 W? opinions from other users are also welcome.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2007
Hi everyone,
and thanks for the response Enitan and Pitodenz. Unfortunately, It seems i've been too busy these last two days to come and check up on the responses, i guess being a Professional does have its downsides.
anyways, from what i understand from going through all the responses on this site, all i have to do is download one of the patches posted on one of the numerous satellitetv sites, transfer it to a flash and using the data transfer section of the decoder, upload it to the decoder, and input new keys as they come along. (somebody pls correct me if i'm wrong).
sorry if it annoys anyone that i'm repeating what seems rather obvious to some of u, but this is actually my first time doing this, and anyone else who comes along in future, would probably have an easier time understanding what to do.

ONE LOVE
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by djmellowshe(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2007
Check this bomb site for your latest patching software and keys and anything concerning satellite hacking www.skystar.org
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ DJMELLOWSHE,> i am in lagos now. just came back some hours ago. I will check that site now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by djmellowshe(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2007
Enitan , am on keys research for that canasat on nss7
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2007
Make you just dey sucessful ooo. there is one thing i noticed about the stations under canal sat satellite, not all the stations have the same coding, some are SECA,MEDIAGUARD e.t.c. so you still have to come to my place and find out more of the info
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by djmellowshe(m): 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2007
Ok
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2007
U no hear d guy wey talk of 42 free channels, u believe am?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by djmellowshe(m): 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2007
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by djmellowshe(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2007
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 24, 2007
Dat 1st site na search engine, how far with the canalsat decoding keys?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by djmellowshe(m): 8:42am On Nov 24, 2007
@enitan Try this codes out for the canalsat decoding 8220 , 4164, 4853, 4881, 5267, 5454 , 5730, 5921,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 9:44am On Nov 24, 2007
hi, pito.
Thanks for the info i really appreciate it.
Pito are there any keys for hacking conax just curious.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2007
@ DJmellowshe, light no dey for my end now.
how many times should i try to enter that. i go call u now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 24, 2007
@ DJmellowshe, light no dey for my end now.
how many times should i try to enter that. i go call u now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by djmellowshe(m): 10:28am On Nov 24, 2007
@enitan2000 This is the site containing seca/mediaguard keys for canal transmission members.fortunecity.com/cryptos/claves.htm
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2007
@ DJmellowshe, dat site no fit go for here ooo, tell me how i should go about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.