Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,439 members, 7,861,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348961 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2008
Oh yes, thanks; I remember now that it was like that when I visited Naija over Christmas.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2008
Have you noticed the rush for Eutelsat's W4?
The latest provider on platform being Trendtv.
Is this just a coincidence or market strategy?
What do you guys think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2008
Yeah

I can see the logic; DSTV is already on W4; many people have DSTV and so already have dish on W4; so the provider moves to W4 and hope to sell cards or that people can see its FTA offering on W4. (edit: come to think of it, I think even HiTV is on W4).

On the other hand, if a number of FTA stations move to W4, people might get wise eventually and DSTV prices might start to come down ---- but who knows all the variables?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ all,

its good to be here again after a short break, but before i proceed i need to tender an apology to 4u2n9 guy.

@ 4u29te guy,

i am sorry for what i said earlier after the discussion we had on phone some few days back, and i promised to tender this apology that day, but due to my tight schedule i didnt have the time to log on to the net, thats why this somehow coming late at this period in time.

@ all-expert,

it is really my joy to now see that for the mean time attention has now been shifted from the 2.4 and greater dishes to the 90cm dish, i personally know that its just a matter of time, we shall all be done with the things of the past. And the 1.8, 2.4, 3.6 dishes are included.
I'm planning of adding another dish to face 68.5 E by the end of febuary.

@ enigma,
What are the hackers doing about canalsat horizons? is there any luck there?

I am very happy with all have being watching on my nss7 all this while, ranging from documentaries, musicals, sports, movies all in french, and i think i've started understanding a little of french for now. If a child is brought up under the nss7 satellite conditions, i dont thnik there's any need for the kid to be taught french language in school.

@ 4u29 guy,
i'm just checking my box now, and i see that you havent sent the software yet. But that doesnt mean i wont keep to my words, cos you didnt.
Just keep your software, ok?

I think am very ok and also so many of us here to try things practically with the knowledge we gained so far here on this forum than to rely on what a pre-programmed software will tell you. I will point out to some deficiencies of the software for people out there.

Badaru1, was saying one can get fox soccer sports on 55 W, so many people were saying they werent getting that, and he advised them on what to do, which was simply by removing the di-electric in the lnb, but this so-called satcoDx software will never tell one that.

I think thats where i have to stop today, i will be here some other time to give some peeps to people out there.

I entertained mid-nite calls to my glo number from friday to saturday/sundays, cos any calls made from glo to glo number between 12am to 5am, and which is more than 5mins at a stretch will be free.

A nairalander called me last friday and was so suprised cos he didnt believe it at first when he called me during the day and i told him to call me at midnite giving him that scope.

Thanks all,

au-revoir, which means bye-bye, i learnt that from nss7 satellite stations
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by memento: 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2008
[url=http://[/url]Finally, Intelsat 907 Nollywood movies at 27.5 deg west is going to eutelsat w4 with more 14 channels, it is going to be free for a while, might be scrambled later. The freq is 11747 H 275000 S/b, will start as Jan ends[url=http://]]][/url]Finally, Intelsat 907 Nollywood movies at 27.5 deg west is going to eutelsat w4 with more 14 channels, it is going to be free for a while, might be scrambled later. The freq is 11747 H 275000 S/b, will start as Jan ends[url][/url]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2008
happy and a great new year to everybody.
boy am i impressed?no that understatement u guys are great.am sorry for being out for so long.it was due to over busy in december i worked with mytv africa in portharcourt trade fare and after the fare i was so busy with work that i ve to run to my village in late december as i come back early jan the trend continue.i miss u all i miss this forum we re growing man.
plz someone has to clear us abt this fox soccer can 2.4m net dish get fox soccer in southern nigeria?anyone getting it as i mentioned?
@ enitan
am gonna do some construction regarding 68.5 and 36 deg using one pan, because of trend tv i ll post the result as soon as i did it.
@ enigma
u re the heart of this forum thanks man.
@ butoneday
u re a great man i ll keep in touch.
@ immoho
my number is 08037058564
@ tushman,jujukemist,badaru
u guys re great
@ all
am gonna install a 2.4m net dish in my house this jan ending,i promise to upload every info in pic during installation.keep blind scaning on 68.5 more than 20 channels are coming b4 feb.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ejike3: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2008
I'm yet to see the 14 free channels on Eutelsat W4. Lets keep our fingers crossed till the end of this month.

memento:

[url=http://[/url]Finally, Intelsat 907 Nollywood movies at 27.5 deg west is going to eutelsat w4 with more 14 channels, it is going to be free for a while, might be scrambled later. The freq is 11747 H 275000 S/b, will start as Jan ends[url=http://]]][/url]Finally, Intelsat 907 Nollywood movies at 27.5 deg west is going to eutelsat w4 with more 14 channels, it is going to be free for a while, might be scrambled later. The freq is 11747 H 275000 S/b, will start as Jan ends[url][/url]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2008
yes u can get fox soccer with even 1.8m dish in any part of the country. tracking it is very tricky,1st remove the di-electric in the lnb,then start tracking prefarable with sky x receiver,when the signal start getting to 17 and 20 stop there for a while it will jump to btween 30 to 40 ,then adjust for more signal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by const6(m): 10:50am On Jan 16, 2008
@Experts.

I am using the new HITV Decoder (their customised), and i want to subscribe to DSTV Family (i have their smartcard), but i can only get 11 channels of DSTV which include nigeria local stations and SS3 and QQRTV. apart from these eleven channels, my decoder is not showing the rest at all (not scrambled oo). They are not even in the channel list and i want to subscribe because of the entertainment of DSTV, is there anybody that can help on what i can do for these channels to show.

Thanks, expecting that reply.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by const6(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2008
In addition, i have used all their frequency and symbol rate i found in lyngsat, all of them except for one which is specifically for Nigeria didnt work and even before i visited lyngsat, ihave gotten that from my friends DSTV decoder.

I really need help on this.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2008
What is the make of the new HITV custojmised decoder, was it the same Strong decoder? If it was, it must have blind scan, click on it, and ask it to scan all frequency on Eutelsat W4, it will, and all DSTV channels will come up. If it is not the Strong decoder, then let us know the make and from their we can know what to do next. By the way, myself also try to use Strong decoder SRT 4652 to watch DSTV which is possible in the past before my DSTV smartcard had problem and had to change it, but the moment it was change to the present smart card they issued me, the decoder merely receive DSTV channels, but cannot show it. It was only the SRT 4653 decoder that is showing their channels.
Does anyone know whether Nollywood channel still show on 27.5 degree west? The last time i checked there was no signal at all, so I moved my dish back to 68.5 degree east since then, but keep monitoring whether they have started on their newly advertised channel on Eutelsat W4.

One more thing, was I the only one that could not get Mytv channels on frequency 12522 v 26657. Most of the channels like ArsenalTV (which was the reason I subscribe in the first instance) Teletoon, NTA2, Setanta Sports news etc are not working at all, the frequency is not even picking up. By the way, i happen to watch the setanta sport news when it came up at a time, it was fantastic.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by const6(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2008
@twinstaiye

It is not the traditional Strong decoder they started with, this is customised HITV decoder, with their name on the decoder and on it when you on it.

Meanwhile, mine can show the channels that the decoder searched out, cos i tried it with my friends smartcard (DSTV) that is workingand it showed.

If it is blind scan, where can i change that, because the installation menu of this new HITV decoder and Strong decoder are almost the same.

I think it is the manufacturer of Strong decoder that helped them manufacture this one.

Please help o
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2008
Press menu on your remote control, blind scan should be among the list of items on the right, provided if the decoder is the same thing with the Strong decoder. Meanwhile, if i happen to remember, i may as well copy the frequency with which my own strong decoder SRT 4653 scan most of this DSTV channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by const6(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2008
@twinstaiye,

Their is no blind scan on my menu, this decoder is pretty new and it has things lik Installation, Channel Manager, System Info, Customasatopm amd Parental Lock. Inside the Installation you find things like Sattelite Setup, Search Satellite, TP Settings and i think one more thing i cant remember cos i am at the office now.

If you can get me the frequency that you can use in getting the DSTV channels i will be grateful, but i pray is not this: 12207 - Frequency, 27500 Symbol Rate and 3/4.

Let me hear from you, this is my numbers whats yours 01-8165873 and 08050989962
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 12:58pm On Jan 16, 2008
I am at the office too, but i will try and post the frequency 2morrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bode4real(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ all
IS the freq. for the new Nollywood and other 14 channel coming on eutelsat4 11747 H 275000
or 11747H 27500
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:50am On Jan 17, 2008
@ Const6

Most probably the branded HITV decoder will only accept HITV cards and possibly cards of other providers using the same Conax encryption system as HITV (e.g. MyTV); if so, it will not accept DSTV cards which use Irdeto encryption. Any one who wants to buy a receiver is better off looking for one that does multikrypt or at least both Irdeto and Conax (like some Strong receivers) instead of buying the useless receivers supplied by providers like HITV and DSTV.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ all-experts in the house,

It is with great disppointment to see whats happening to the starter of this thread. BIGJOE, i've been wondering what has really gone wrong with this guy, so i tried viewing his profile to check the last time he logged in and his last post, and to my great amazement, i saw that this BIGJOE of a guy has been around but not at the thread he created which is now making waves. OUR friend is at the education and job section of this forum, i guess maybe he's tired of dish installation and wants better thing in life.
What do you guys think?

@ ejike3,
i saw your messages just that i've been so busy over here in school, my yahoo adress is enitany20022005@yahoo.com, just take note of the address very well.

@ enigma,
i have just a question for you and it goes thus. A fellow nairalander gave me a call sometimes last week and after so much discussion i got to understand that he's using strong decoder 4653X to view DStV stations, so i made my personal resaerch on that, i went to strong website and i saw that the CAS system that strong 4653X will be alble to work with is conax, but DSTV is using irdeto2, so also with the smae with strong 4652 am using it is conax embedded, though i've not tried it with DSTV but based on what you said earlier that you dont think it will be able to work wirh SECA syatem which is being used by canasat horizons on nss7, so tell me how the 4653X decoder works well with DSTV.

And it seems this NOOR TV has jpoined intelsat 7/10 on 68.5 E, can someone tell me what the station is all about.

@ all,
I will be back by next week, and stay tuned and dont touch that dial (LOL)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by const6(m): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2008
@enigma

Thanks for your post, but the issue is that my receiver can read both Irdeto cards and Conax card, is more or less lik a Universal DVD that plays all dics (in a laymans language).

The problem i am having is that not all the channels are showing (not scrambled). It didnt search them out, and the channels that are showing are not Free to Air as you say, because if i don't put in a valid DSTV card it wont show, it will say scrambled. You should know that no DSTV channel is Free, except you want to call Shuffle Channel a channel.

To solve my problem, i need to get a Strong decoder and loop my connection to it and it will work perfectly. I only want portability in the sense that i wanted just one decoder for the two connection.

thanks

Note: Strong Decoders work with DSTV card, i have said it before, they are lik Universal, they work as a Multi-Encryption device, thats why they sell in the market as a genral purpose decoders for all your satellite need.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2008
@enitan, the truth is DSTV present smart cards has a way where it cant work with strong decoders especially srt 4652 downwards. however, i recently installed a software on my own srt 4653x to enable me watch showtime arabia before the software couldnt work again, perhaps that was the reason why my srt 4653x can still view DSTV as of today. This goes to show that, if the showtime arabia uses irdeto2, the software installed on my srt 4653x must be irdeto2 enabled software, which is the same encryption of DSTV i.e irdeto2

@const6
I want to believe that it was the software installed on the HITV decoders that make it impossible for you to be able to watch DSTV channels on them. I will also suggest that you are sure too that Strong decoders you may want to buy should be irdeto2 and conax enabled as enigma said above. Meanwhile, i just discovered only yesterday that my strong decoder srt 4650 could not even pick mytv frequency 12522 v 26657 until i took it to their office today, and they have to installed another software into it.

@all
Is there anyone who can assist me in laying my hand on the cable that can download strong decoders. Those in lagos should be able to assist in this regard. The name of the cable is RS232 Cable (9 pin DIN Crossed Way). With this cable, once you know any strong decoder of the same model that has a better software than your own, you can download exchange software with the cable.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ const6

OK try manual scan of Eutelsat W4 36e especially the following transponders:

12207 H 27500
12207 H 26040
12284 H 26480
12322 H 26480
12399 H 26480
12437 H 23438
12476 H 26040

Try those and let's see what happens

@ Enitan

How now? As you know manufacturers make different brands of receiver with different features. Some receivers can only do one encryption (e.g. Conax) only; some can do only two (e.g. Conax & Irdeto); some can do many different encrytion systems e.g. Conax, Irdeto, Seca/Mediaguard, Viaccess). Then some receivers even if they can originally only do one type of encryption become enabled to do many different types after they are patched. So it depends on which category your friend's receiver falls into.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2008
Anybdy experiencing scambled channel on e.tv on mytv?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 9:26am On Jan 19, 2008
Strong decoders are the best around here in Nigeria.
Can you belief it costs less than 4500 naira in the north?
It is compatable with about twelve encryption systems ( conax, iderto, seca, mediaguard etc etc).
If you want to buy just go for the 4653x so you will be able to upgrade easily through a usb.

Etv is now scrambled, just use the 6969 stuff for all strong decoders.

You can get updated softwares for strong decoders here:

http://wizkid.persiangig.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ray4all: 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2008
I have a strong decoder and a dish that i use in watching Mytv before, but i want to watch DSTV for free, please if you can do it, then get in touch with me through this e-mail address: olascoboo@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sanketsj(m): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2008
I admire your knowledge, but i would also like to know how to view indian channels. Once again good job keep it up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babatrebor: 3:41am On Jan 21, 2008
Hello guys I have a dish less than 90cm and i watch all nss 7 channell on it . But i have tried all my possible best to get intelsat 7, 10.k , i couldnt does it mean that the dish size is too small or what , I have conducted many night vigils trying to find 68.5 deg east pls help meeee
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2008
ray4all:

I have a strong decoder and a dish that i use in watching Mytv before, but i want to watch DSTV for free, please if you can do it, then get in touch with me through this e-mail address: olascoboo@yahoo.com

You can't watch DSTV for free, you just have to subscribe.

sanketsj:

I admire your knowledge, but i would also like to know how to view indian channels. Once again good job keep it up.
There is indian bouquet on DSTV, if you go to their office, they will arrange for you all their indian channels. Meanwhile, MYTV also has Zee cinema on their channels list, you may wish to subscribe to it too. If however it is free indian channels you want, you may want to point your dish to 68.5 degree east with a C band lnb, they have some indian channels there.
babatrebor:

Hello guys I have a dish less than 90cm and i watch all nss 7 channell on it . But i have tried all my possible best to get intelsat 7, 10.k , i couldnt does it mean that the dish size is too small or what , I have conducted many night vigils trying to find 68.5 deg east please help meeee
For all i know, 90cm dish can pick 68.5 degree east, after all that is where mytiv is facing, with a little patience, you should be able to pick it, or better still, call mytiv installer, they can assist you. good luck pal
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 10:11am On Jan 21, 2008
@ ayusman16

Insert Quote
Anybdy experiencing scambled channel on e.tv on mytv

Yes, am also having isuses viewing ETV channel since last wednesday (16th Jan), the channel just went blind and I cant figure out what really went wrong. Though I dont use the Strong decoder, so the idea of typing 6969 is out, my decoder is named Technosat, and it had been quite difficult getting to the coloun for the various Keys, cos it has Via-access, Conax, Nagravision Conax, Irdeto, Seca/Mediaguard. more like a multi purpose decoder.

Any one having this decoder in the house and who can help out pls repond.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 10:39am On Jan 21, 2008
babatrebor:

Hello guys I have a dish less than 90cm and i watch all nss 7 channell on it . But i have tried all my possible best to get intelsat 7, 10.k , i couldnt does it mean that the dish size is too small or what , I have conducted many night vigils trying to find 68.5 deg east please help meeee

From here:
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/nss7_waf.html
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel10_afreur.html

60 cm dishes seem to be the best for each of the satellites,just as @twinstaiye posted. So just get in touch with your mytv installer.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2008
Hi All,

ANy one in the house using Technosat decoder or that has its experience, who can direct on how to enter the codes through remote control?

Please reply,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mjay(m): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2008
Hello guys in the house, ure just too much, im the one giving instructions to my installers on frequencies and channels, all because of the extensive knowldge ive gained on this forum. I just got my nss channel an im overwhelmed with the number of channels, now these channels include everything from almighty CNN to Cartoon network. The problem is they are scrambled. Now the issue is WHO ARE THE OWNERS OF THESE CHANNELS, HOW CAN WE HAVE THE CARD OR CARDS TO UNSCRAMBLE THEM just in case i want to explore. yeah i got the unscrambled channells too just abt 4 of them. Anybody out there who can HELP. ONCE AGAIN URE TOO MUCH ON THIS FORUM. THANKS MENNNNNNN.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by TonUch: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2008
@bodejohn,

Please, can u provide detailed info on the versions of software that could be loaded on the SRT4653x decoders?
Your link has a lot with no explanations. I also heard dat some patches could fry a decoder. undecided

@ all-experts in the house,
I would really appreciate it also if u can share ur experience on this issue.

Thankx fellas! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.