Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348146 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2008
Hey Tinkin_guy, I wish to get another dish and LNB with my receiver. Please, how much will it cost me? Send me a mail: dapo.aremu@gmail.com. Thanks. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ donaremu,
(I wish to get another dish and LNB with my receiver. Please, how much will it cost me?)

I would have love to send you a private mail, however the questions you asked is a general one and could possibly be of help to another person in need of the answer.

The prize range of the dishes and LNB's varies in relation to the locations within Nija. However, I will outline a relative prize range for an idea;

DIshes and LNB's
90cm = 4K to 5K
120cm = 8K to 10K
LNB = KU band = 800 to 1000 naria
LNB = C-Band = 1500 to 2500 naria.

Remember, the prize varies with location, but with these range in mind, you can do good bargining within your area.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2008
odaboy:

am tony and am using strong srt 3650 with two fixed dishes.
on is 80cm facing east and 90cm facing west.am able to get bbc and other channles but they are scrambled,i want to know if anybody knows the code to decrpyt bbc and other channels.most of the channels that are not scrambled are christian channels.thank u alot.
my email is blessatsu@yahoo.com

you need to be very detailed about the satellite you are receiving from. if I may guess, you are receiving from intelsat 10 or what was pas7/10 (68.5ºE) and the BBC there is from MYTV. This station can only be viewed along with 13 others if only you have their smart card. but you should be receiving the christian channels including etv for free. probably you might need to upgrade your receiver. Go through the post (from page 1) and you would learn a lot more. I learnt 75% of what i know from this thread. Dont be lazy about it. if you go through and still have a problem then you post it here. lots of experts in the house.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by odaboy: 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2008
hi satellites Gods,i want to know if the satellite that u point your dish at is the only satellite u can recieve channels from.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:55pm On Feb 06, 2008
Is any one receiving Eurobird 1 in nigeria?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 11:45am On Feb 07, 2008
@odaboy

Yes, you can only receive channels from the satellite (or satellites if you use multi LNB or a motor) that your dish is pointing at and can receive enough signals from.

@ BUTONEDAY

Eurobird 1 which is at 28.5e will require a very very very massive dish --- so I doubt if any private person/hobbyist as such can receive it; maybe telcom/television companies or university/research institutions.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 12:54pm On Feb 07, 2008
@ Tinkin_guy
@ const6

"Can anybody tell me how i can put another LNB on my current HITV dish and get MYtv Africa"

You didnt tell us on which satellite and direction your dish is facing and also the size of your dish.

First you need to know that its possible to add as many LNB's as possible on a single dish, however there are things you need to consider before that;
1) the direction your current dish is facing and what satellite you re connected to.
2) if your dish is facing east where MYTV satellite channels is facing then, its posible for you to add another LNB and get channels within that footprint.
3) if your dish is facing West (which I presume is where HItv can be received (27.5w ) I stand to be corrected, then you can't get anything like MYTV channels but other satellite channels within that axis by using another LNB with some degrees apart, however you have to figure out how to extend the LNB holder for the additional LNB's.

So if you still wish to get MYTV along side Hitv, then you have to get yourself another dish of possibly 60 to 90cm, which you will face east (68.5E) in-order to get these channel packages.

i will be expecting your mail. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Jalal(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2008
Hey can anyone help with the keys for Nilesat ART sports 1 and 2, Showtime and Aljazeera sport?
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2008
The London based African bias channel Ben Tv is now on Pas 7/10.
I saw it with just a fresh scan yesterday.
As any other person seen it?
I cannot quote the details but an auto scan of the satellite will just be good enough.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2008
Yeah, I saw it too. rescan of the decoder will be enough. I think it is on frequency 12562 H 26657
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mjay(m): 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2008
Hii pls who knows when TREND TV will add the additional channels? Wht is probably going to be their mode of offer?? And by the way what is the content of BEN TV like?? I watched yesternight and it was all about the election ZIMBABWE, is that the kind of thing well get to see?? or there are more interesting programmes, let those who know yarn us plzzzzzzzz.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sxknx: 7:08am On Feb 09, 2008
Hi Guys Fantastic stuff you have here. I wanted to know beside TRENDTV are there any other free-to-air satellite on the same location as HiTV or DSTV?What I mean is I need to know if there are other Free-to-air satellites I can receive without having to change the position of my dish. I am currently on HITV position same as DSTV AND TREND.Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2008
sx_knx:

Hi Guys Fantastic stuff you have here. I wanted to know beside TRENDTV are there any other free-to-air satellite on the same location as HiTV or DSTV?What I mean is I need to know if there are other Free-to-air satellites I can receive without having to change the position of my dish. I am currently on HITV position same as DSTV AND TREND.Thanks

Trend tv is not free. You are just watching it now because they are testing their new installation.

Guys, what is the update on the trend tv channels, their IS907 transponder has been completely shutdown
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tosinot1(m): 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2008
i want to know if there is anything like card splitter i.e u can watch 2 or more channels with a single card .i need info about this,thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2008
Edit: there is a device that allows you to use one card on two different TVs at the same time; don't know if that's what you mean?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tosinot1(m): 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2008
egima thanks for the response.But i'm not talking about dual decoder.this device will have one slot where u can put ur card and 4 outlet to 4 different decoder so that u can watch 4 different channels.If it is available,plz let me know the price and how i can get it.Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sxknx: 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2008
It still didn't answer my questionAre there any Free-to-air I can watch on it
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:22am On Feb 10, 2008
@ tosino

You need two different things: first a Quad LNB that can feed up to four receivers; see example in link http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_80&products_id=568&zenid=94e262695c5248d08e296ef2d7675e72

Second, you then need what I described earlier which allows you to 'split' one subscription card over different receivers. Example in link: http://glosat.com/indexen.htm

@sx_knx

Familiarise your self with the link/site below and it should tell you what channels are FTA and viewable in Nigeria.

http://www.flysat.com/eutelsatw4-sesat.php
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mjay(m): 10:54am On Feb 11, 2008
hello pls who are d owners of GTV series? i saw it when i did a blind scan with some channels. Pls is d sat accessible in nigeria?? or is it part of d dstv family??
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2008
To all Gurus in House,
i need your help. Can anybody tell me how i can put another LNB on my current HITV dish(i use Strong Decoder) so i an get some Free to Air stations. My dish is facing West (27.5w ). Or do i need another dish that will face another direction?  cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vincey(m): 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2008
Donaremu, are u sure you are getting HITV at 27.5 deg west, I doubt you might be receiving the former Trend TV, all the same attach another LNB slightly on top of the LNB you are using now for you to get NSS 7 at 22 deg west,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vincey(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2008
Trend TV will soon update, I tell you the date and time they will upload nollywood. Donaremu you will have about 7 channels to watch on NSS 7 including LC2 and STV 1 and 2. to know all the channels you can receive on at west, visit www.ftaafrica..com/
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vincey(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2008
Do u guys know that you can watch MBC 2 movie and MBC 1 with others on Eutelsat W3A at 7 deg east with your 90cm dish free. Checkout the beam and all the channels at www.ftaafrica..com/ . people leaving in the east will get about 90% of the signal. for those of you using DSTV attach another LNB on top of your dish and put 11747 H 27500 to watch free F MEN, FASHION TV, LUXE TV, and more
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2008
@vincey,
thanks. My HiTV faces the DsTV direction, and currently i can only view 16 channels from HiTV. How many free to air station will i get If i use another dish(1.8m) facind the eastern direction and LNB? cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2008
@vincey,
Can you paste the list of all the channels one can receive at west here too? cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by salamander(m): 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2008
Hi there, Just be informed that the MBC 1 & 2 on 7 Deg East are the ones from Mauritius, not UAE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by const6(m): 11:17am On Feb 13, 2008
@everyone
@senga
@urfriend
@twintaiye

I am now able to view DSTV channels in my New HITV decoder.

This is what happened: I was having problem before because my dish was not well aligned, my quality then was just above 67%. I just recently moved apartment, i left my former flat to another and had to fix my dish all over again, so it didnt take me time (like five minutes) and i had a connection to Eutelsat W4 again, with quality 74% and Signal Strength of 88% and now all the channels on DSTV is not showing in my decoder.

Another problem i have is that they information for programs dont show on my decorder, last night a friend of mine brought a new Strong decoder (465xx) he just bought and it was showing the program information and EPG, what could be wrong with my decoder? software?

Can anybody paste the latest software for HITV new decoder here for me to pick with flash drive?

I just paid N2,500 (Family) for my DSTV card, when i get home, i will see how it goes.

Another problem i would have loved to solve is: is there a device i can use on my decoder so that i will be able to use both my HITV card and DSTV card at the same time?

Expecting your replies!

Thanks to all
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2008
Answered on one of the other threads where same question asked:

First things first: what is the brand name and model of your receiver and who is the manufacturer. As it seems to be a HITV branded receiver, there is the risk that it is limited in the functions it can perform and may even be limited in terms of the kinds of software that can be loaded into it.

Second: put your DSTV card in and come back to report so that we can know if at all your receiver can do Irdeto encryption (used by DSTV) at all.

Third, it is possible to use some receivers to accommodate two cards at once; but the receiver must usually already have been built for that purpose from the factory. The possibilities are: (1) the receiver has two CI (Common Interface) slots; then you can insert two CAMs each of which can take a card; or (2) the receiver has one card slot into which one card goes and one CI slot into which a CAM + the second card will go; or possibly, the receiver has two card slots (this is rare AFAIK). Those are really the main ways by which you can use two cards in one receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2008
pls pls and pls those any know if a c band dstv smart card will work with my 90cm ku dish. at the back of the smart card i see C BAND, AFRICA, will the smart card work, i bought it from somebody.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mjay(m): 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2008
hello somebody, whtz bn happening to NOLLYWOOD? they told us to migrate and that we will watch it on the new platform, up untill no show, whtz happening?? let somebody talk to us oooo. Evn if it is presently free they still owe us explanation or else,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2008
Trend TV will upload Nollywood movies by 17:00 GMT on Saturday, it will go through the uplink Eutelsat W3A to France and downlink through Eutelsat W4.

Fadinus, your C band smartcard will work with ur KU dish, I guess u bought from someone in south africa, cause they watch DSTV through PAS 10 satellite with a C band dish in Southern part of Africa. To see the beams visit www.ftaafrica..com/

Donaremu, there are many channels you can receive from west africa, visit www.ftaafrica..com/ . it is just a blog but it is lyngsat made easy, u will see all the channels u can receive from west africa. You said ur Hi tv is receiving 16 channels, add Trend TV frequency and make it 22, 6 free.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by const6(m): 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2008
@enigma,

I have already done that, it works with DSTV Irdeto card. Infact, works fine!

@all
I activated the DSTV card with the HITV Decorder.

My only problem now is the fact that i use a less than 90cm dish and because of that, some of DSTV transponders are for wider dish, i paid for Family Bonquet and i don't get Event Channel 1 & 2 and if i move my dish and my quality for HITv transponder is below 74%, some DSTV channels like Channel 0, MTV Base, African Magic etc wont be showing or will be breaking.

My problem still remain, i want to use two Access Card (DSTV & HITV simultaneously) on my decorder.

Thanks all

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.