Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,838 members, 7,851,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348599 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
Hi the gurus,
could I get a motorised dish in Alaba Int'l market.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2008
sayso,
I think Enigma referred all interested learners of keys input to visit a page on the thread.please follow his instructions.
baba egun,
I use a 3m dish and Fuji lnb(the best lnb for Nilesat).The dish is in Abeokuta,Ogun state capital.12073H 27500 is the weakest of all available transponders in Nigeria,which I pick just between 6pm and 10am daily,if the weather is not cloudy or rainy.The only solution is to boost signals by getting a Fuji lnb for your 1.8m or bigger dishes.It cost me N2500 at Alaba market,Lagos in May 2008.
The Nickelodeon transponder 10775 h 27500 does not get to southern Nigeria.Does anyone in the North pick it?
all,
Please proofread what you send to others.I observed people throw grammar to the winds on the forum.I believe all visitors and posters are learned enough to write good English.I am not comfortable with the frequent grammatical blunders.Even some gurus are guilty.Check out the posts from Enigma,Baba egun,Gofitech,Bodejohn and my humble self.You will always enjoy reading from us.Please adjust before I start mentioning names.
Have you checked out the new station I informed you about on NSS7 ku?I like it.It's tagged LCF-French language with programming similar to RDV and Go Africa.I hope it will show football leagues too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
@flalover

what type of dish are you looking at?

if you are looking for net or pan dish, then you can get it at Alaba Int'l market. but if you looking for fiber it is better you

build it locally. Alaba is known for imported pan and net dishes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by lisa1199: 8:32am On Aug 06, 2008
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2008
lisa1199,
I wonder what that post is doing here.

@toxnaija,
In my own point of view, I don't think grammar matters much in this kind of thread. The important thing is that everyone understands everyone.
You said you believe that all posters should be learned enough to use good grammar. I'm afraid that might not be the case here. Remember that this thread is technical in nature and I believe it will attract visitors who didnt go far in education.
Mentioning names of bad posters will only result to bitter confrontations which will not be good for this thread. I believe that this thread has the best friendly spirit on this forum. Why dont we keep it up.

Thats the way I see it any way.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2008
@toxnaija
Good grammar on this thread or any thread for that matter is highly recommended but not as much as you take it.  Someone with a good idea and meaningful advice may not necessarily be good with his/her english, but you will still learn a lot.  Methinks once you notice the writing pattern of some users here, you will know that they don't deliberately write bad english, but their contributions are still very meaningful.  There are some people who are too busy to read over their post, but what they contributed could still be decipher. Having said that, it goes on to show also that some people that write good english do have typographical errors, which is also pardonable so long as what they are saying drives the point home.  No one is a best mastering of good english, but it is highly recommended.
On a lighter note, toxnaija, can you read the following?
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by memento: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2008
@ twinstaiye
dts a nice one- if only pl cld view life as a WHOLE and not as parts
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 11:10am On Aug 06, 2008
People, any FTA news toady?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2008
@toxnaija
NICE POST , BUT definitely grammar no be our language, if you are in a Japanese school they will tech you physics in Japanese's language. Thats why this guys are good.Anyway don't think its necessary here as long as the message is clearly understood by few, who can in turn explain to the rest. I have spent some time charting with biggjoe , and from what we can both see, grammar is not what the internet is all about, its about information. I type in lots of jags and he understand what am saying. The guy don tay for internet business o o. Please don't bring it up ooooo. Let 's talk FTA. He go bad o o if u mention my name or my Oga's oo, cheesy cheesy grin

So Toxi guy , Whats new in FTA. Think we should all try and put in some time and build a local dish from aluminum. We supply our welder guy with all info. Lets see who get this up first, smiley

Justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
@justx24,
abeg oo.

about the aluminium sheet dish, i think that what they usually see as a big problem is making a (perfect) circle of the rim for the dish. I think anyone can help them take care of the rest.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2008
toxnaija:

sayso,
I think Enigma referred all interested learners of keys input to visit a page on the thread.please follow his instructions.
baba egun,
I use a 3m dish and Fuji lnb(the best lnb for Nilesat).The dish is in Abeokuta,Ogun state capital.12073H 27500 is the weakest of all available transponders in Nigeria,which I pick just between 6pm and 10am daily,if the weather is not cloudy or rainy.The only solution is to boost signals by getting a Fuji lnb for your 1.8m or bigger dishes.It cost me N2500 at Alaba market,Lagos in May 2008.
The Nickelodeon transponder 10775 h 27500 does not get to southern Nigeria.Does anyone in the North pick it?
all,
Please proofread what you send to others.I observed people throw grammar to the winds on the forum.I believe all visitors and posters are learned enough to write good English.I am not comfortable with the frequent grammatical blunders.Even some gurus are guilty.Check out the posts from Enigma,Baba egun,Gofitech,Bodejohn and my humble self.You will always enjoy reading from us.Please adjust before I start mentioning names.

Have you checked out the new station I informed you about on NSS7 ku?I like it.It's tagged LCF-French language with programming similar to RDV and Go Africa.I hope it will show football leagues too.
shocked@ the highlighted;
Please stick to the issues of  FTA hobby and help. It's amazing how we strive to speak perfect English, German, Russian etc, while individuals from these English and other foreign speaking countries don't give a damn about our culture or Written/spoken language. Come to think of it.  How many English, German or French people have you seen name their offspring after African, I mean Nigerian sounding names? Yet we brake our necks going by names Robert Samuel or John Brattle. embarassed  We're here to teach and learn FTA from each other, and not for extra morale classes in written grammer. Enough said.  Enjoy FTA if you can! grin BTW, from my quick observation of your write up. You made the critical error of not putting spaces between your sentences. cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2008
Now, it appears that this unfortunate grammar issue raised by tox is the only thing we will discuss today.

Why dont we let that issue die. I think hes got it now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2008
Bigjoe, supported; please let it die. I understand supersports 1 to 9 is on Nilesat, but I don't think any of the keys do open it; does it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2008
Hello Biggjoe, enitan, baba_egun and the rest of the gurus in-house,

I have a strong dish and decoder that I am currently using for HiTV, I about to get a second 90m dish for w3a. I need your advise on positioning this dish.
Can I have two LNB on that dish for w3a and MyTV? cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sfinxone(m): 12:03am On Aug 07, 2008
mecussey:

Bigjoe, supported; please let it die. I understand supersports 1 to 9 is on Nilesat, but I don't think any of the keys do open it; does it?

@mecussey,
The sport channels numbered 1-9 on Nilesat are not Supersport channels but art sport channels. To open them u need the art keys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by kdoubled01: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2008
does anybody has the patch that auto unlock hotbird (polsat)? it worked on strong x, which is the first brand of all strong recievers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2008
@donaremu

Using Additional 90cm dish for W3a is ok , but with double LNB for W3a & MyTV , its not possible ,
Let us concentrate on locating this W3a , Read all information in the forum and give it a try. Then you can come back to us and let us know how you are doing . There are numbers of guys you can call to help you out ,
A bit of work wont hurt you , give it a try. U can never know if you don't try.

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ojofree: 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2008
hello people, a friend of mine gave me a supposedly 90cm dish a few days ago when the guy realised i have turned into a fta freak and was desperately trying to locate W3A, this thing is awesome, i could not fit it in the boot of my car, i had to drop the back seat as the car is a hatchback, i am beginning to doubt if the thing is 90cm, is there anything bigger than a 90cm dish but still looks like a dstv dish?.unfortunately i have come to discover that not all the appendages are available in order to assemble the thing.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by MrGem(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2008
@justx24

Thanks al ot for your beautiful responses. In fact, I did not know dt you have responsed to my request befoe I call you some minutes back. I wanted to solve a particular problem as at the time and that was reason it was made.

Well, I will do as you said. May be tommorrow or next tommorrow, I will be on the field and do the work together.

Thanks so much.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2008
ojofree:

hello people, a friend of mine gave me a supposedly 90cm dish a few days ago when the guy realised i have turned into a fta freak and was desperately trying to locate W3A, this thing is awesome, i could not fit it in the boot of my car, i had to drop the back seat as the car is a hatchback, [b]i am beginning to doubt if the thing is 90cm, is there anything bigger than a 90cm dish but still looks like a dstv dish?.[/b]unfortunately i have come to discover that not all the appendages are available in order to assemble the thing.
Why not borrow a measuring tape from your local tailor and measure the dish? cheesy And for the remaining accessories, ask your friend about them. They may still be lying around in his house or did he refuse to give them to you?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fiscob2k(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
Hello Biggjoe,

I have 1.8 dish and fortec star receiver. for my ku LNBF i get MYtv ay 68.5 east with this frq 12722 v 26657 did u have ant frq that I can input to it to get more FTA

Hope to hear from you soon
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2008
fiscob2k:

Hello Biggjoe,

I have 1.8 dish and fortec star receiver. for my ku LNBF i get MYtv ay 68.5 east with this frq 12722 v 26657 did u have ant frq that I can input to it to get more FTA

Hope to hear from you soon
Try doing (depending on what is called on you reciever) a Blind scan or Power Search to pull in the Frequencies. You can also look up frequencies here on LYNGSAT.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fiscob2k(m): 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2008
Thankx,

What about C-Band at 68.5 did you have any FTA frq ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2008
justx24:

@donaremu

Using Additional 90cm dish for W3a is ok , but with double LNB for W3a & MyTV , its not possible ,
Let us concentrate on locating this W3a , Read all information in the forum and give it a try. Then you can come back to us and let us know how you are doing . There are numbers of guys you can call to help you out ,
A bit of work wont hurt you , give it a try. You can never know if you don't try.

justx24

Thanks Justx24 cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2008
fiscob2k:

Thankx,

What about C-Band at 68.5 did you have any FTA frq ?
you're not serious. Are you? Did you look at that link that I supplied above? C-Band Frequencies are at the top of the page. Inshort all C-Band have lower freqeuncies, and any channel in yellow is FTA.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 2:22am On Aug 08, 2008
@fiscob2k,
If u get the C-band  frequencies on 68.50 from the link F-Marshal gave u, another crucial thing you will need is a C-band LNB asumming you don't have one.
You are picking MYTV with Ku LNB.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 8:02am On Aug 08, 2008
@ all

LATEST ON DAARSAT

It was announced yesterday (7/8/2008) on Raypower Radio that Daar Communications will start transmitting Free-to-Air Channels from Bauchi (Headquarter) on 1st October, 2008.

However, neither the satellite nor the transponder was mentioned.

Meanwhile, Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited (NigComSat) and Digitech Broadcasting Services International Limited (Digitech) signed an agreement on Thursday (7/8/2008) to provide direct-to-home services to all Nigerians including Free to Air and pay television.  Hurray!!! grin

We are all waiting.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by McAdeex(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2008
Baba Egun pls can u giv ur number cos i want to ask u sometin about gorbsat. pls
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2008
@baba egun,
thats a great news you have there.

But wey this nigcomsat sef dey since?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by MrGem(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ ola
I appreciate your last night's call. Thanks.

@baba egun
Thanks for the update on DAARSAT.

@all
As regards, NIGCOMSAT, it is better we ask from the horse's mouth. I have someone there as the Satellite's Ground Station Engineer. Let me hear from him and the house would be communicated later.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fiscob2k(m): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Biggjoe

Yes I pick MyTV with my ku LNB, I need frq for C-band?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ejike3: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2008
@All

If you are still on Eutelsat W4, blind scan with your reciever to confirm that Channel 'O' is now on and Free.
TP: 12471 V
SR: 26029

There is fake STRONG Reciever in the market, it looks like Strong, has the same model number, has slot for cards but there is no Blind scan option and no provision for USB. I tried this fake strong and discovered that it could not pick all the frequencies as the original strong reciever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.