Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347930 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by MrGem(m): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ll
On NSS 7/Ku, ckeck for EQUINOXE TV TP:11.606V, SR:03307
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2008
@Mr. Gem

Thanks 4 d info. jus scanned it in now. I hope one day this pple will realise they have english audience.

@all

does anyune still watch ghana tv. I have not been able to receive it in a while now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2008
Dear All,
On the Eutelsat Sesat W4 satellite (36 Degrees East), there are two new coded channels (irdeto format) namely: "PANDA" and "SMAX2". Enter the following parameters on your decoder and rescan:
Frequency = 11507; Polarisation = Vertical; Symbolrate = 30,000.

Also confirming that Channel "O" is now open: Frequency = 12476; Polarisation = Horizontal; Symbolrate = 26040; FEC = 2/3. You can now watch it with your ordinally FTA decoder (on Eutelsat Sesat W4 satellite, 36 Degrees East).
Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:17am On Aug 14, 2008
Dear All,
On the Eutelsat Sesat W4 satellite (36 Degrees East), there are two new coded channels (irdeto format) namely: "PANDA" and "SMAX2". Enter the following parameters on your decoder and rescan:

Note: Remember to insert FEC = 3/4.

Good day.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 9:29am On Aug 14, 2008
@All,
After going through the post onye ngbu and then the reply from the house and particularly tox, and  all the following posts; I came to the conclusion that in a weird way, that unfortunate post have added some new spirit into the forum. The forum has been rather quiet for quite some time but I think that the post spiced it up a bit.  grin   grin

I sincerely hope that it has all ended. Lets urge onengbu to come up and join us fully in this FTA world. You never know, he might have some new thing to add here. It looks like she will.

@toxnaija,
I am not loosing interest in this forum. Not at all my guy. Its just that my new schedule have not been very kind with time recently. I found it hard to play with FTA like I do before this thread. But all that is going to change soon. I have learnt  much more than I know prior to this thread from you guys.
The greatest thing about this thread is that it  makes a guru out of anyone that visits here regularly. And i wont just leave all that and walk away.
I'm still with you guys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2008
Quote From: Nash-FTA
Dear All,

Note: Remember to insert FEC = 3/4

Nash my guy, thanx a million for the info, but like you rightly pointed out , the channels are coded.
hence, they are of no value to us here since the channels are not free to view.

@ vickoy23,
my guy, thanx alot 4 the call yesterday. i really appreciate it. i look forward to your findings in our discussion.

@ toxnaija,
abeg my broda, i must follow you go onye ngbu house go wack dat pounded yam and egusi soup!!!!! grin grin grin . if not for anything, but to show solidarity and preach the gospel of one love, peace and unity.
viva FTA members worldwide grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by arsenal1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2008
ALL
Globecast Africa is on 11185/h/05696 with English commentaries. But your signal quality must be high enough. Goodluck
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ Toxnaija,

Hmmm, u have promoted me to the Board of Gurus. I am highly flabbergasted.

I am still under the tutelage of gurus like you, i depend on information i get from you and I promise you i will soon be in the league of gurus. I know I have to give back to the forum.

@ all,

I want you all guys to take note of the size of the patches you download b4 running them on your receivers because i just spoilt my SRT 4653x Strong receiver with the latest patch. I thought i downloaded it completely not knowing that it was not completed. It was suppose to be 1.2MB but unknowingly i did not complete the download b4 ruuning it on my receiver. Now my receiver has stopped working.

So guys, check the size of the patch b4 running. All efforts by Pitondez and badaru1 to resuscitate it on fone proved abortive.

Learn from my mistake. Premiership starts in 2 days time, what a time for my receiver to stop working. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by onyengbu1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ Everybody
Truly my outburst is way off the line. I sincerely apologize to toxnaija and all FTA members on this forum. This thread appears to loaded with people with a lot of self control.

That is a lesson for me and toxnaija that we should not always let out all our feelings in the public even when we think we are trying to initiate change, most especially when we know that some people might not be very happy with it.

Hope my apologies have been accepted.

@toxnaija
sorry for the receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2008
To Arsernal1:
You wrote:
ALL,
Globecast Africa is on 11185/h/05696 with English commentaries. But your signal quality must be high enough. Goodluck

Please let us know on which satellite this Globecast Africa transmitting.
Thank You.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fasone(m): 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2008
azeezbaba:

@ all,

I want you all guys to take note of the size of the patches you download before running them on your receivers because i just spoilt my SRT 4653x Strong receiver with the latest patch. I thought i downloaded it completely not knowing that it was not completed. It was suppose to be 1.2MB but unknowingly i did not complete the download before ruuning it on my receiver. Now my receiver has stopped working.

So guys, check the size of the patch before running. All efforts by Pitondez and badaru1 to resuscitate it on phone proved abortive.

Learn from my mistake. Premiership starts in 2 days time, what a time for my receiver to stop working.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

What a bad time really. Do a STB-STB transfer using a null-modem rs232 cable. How I wish you are living nearby my location, I have a working cable that I can borrow you and a strong decoder SRT 4653X. What a pity. At least you should be happy that it is not going to be dead 4ever. Anyway, good luck.

@ all
What is the good pair of dish size and LNBF to receive Nilesat bird in Nigeria?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ onye_ngbu,
Kudos man for embracing peace and showing maturity in your public apology to toxnaija.
As, for whether we accept your apology??  that one will be communicated to you by the board of Gurus of this thread after we don wack pounded yam and egusi soup for ya house!!!! grin grin .
my broda, i am proud of you.
cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2008
@Nash-FTA,
Globecast Africa is transmitting on Eutelsat W3A @ 7 degrees East.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hi all,
I've really benefited from this forum. I would love all gurus not to get pissed off. Am a proud owner of two dishes attached to a strong decoder, with the info I got from the thread.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2008
hi arsenal1,pls what's the signal quality of that globecast africa.and what are they in to.entertainment,sports,music,?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hi all,
I've really benefited from this forum. I would love all gurus not to get pissed off. Am a proud owner of two dishes attached to a strong decoder, with the info I got from the thread.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ojofree: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2008
@all
i really do not know what is wrong with my system, i inputted the TP for channel o and again i was unable to get it to work, does the  lnb skew have anything to do with it, i noticed that it is different from the skew on my pas 7/10 68.5 E set up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2008
toxnaija,
I have 2 dishes, one facing MyTV satellite, and the other Trend TV. However, trend tv have scrambled her channel, that render that point worthless. MyTv is full of Xtain channels, press tv, etv. Could you help. My dish are 90cm, in Lagos
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
@Ftalover,
input the following parameters:12476 H 26040 and your dish where trend tv is facing will pick up channel O- it is the only fta channel on that bird.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
onye_ngbu:

@ Everybody
Truly my outburst is way off the line. I sincerely apologize to toxnaija and all FTA members on this forum. This thread appears to loaded with people with a lot of self control.

That is a lesson for me and toxnaija that we should not always let out all our feelings in the public even when we think we are trying to initiate change, most especially when we know that some people might not be very happy with it.

Hope my apologies have been accepted.

Apology accepted, and I must commend your maturity too. I bet, this is the best thread on this Nairaland, we are all endowed with wonderful power of intellect to understand when to differ and at the same time enough is enough.

linksman:

@ onye_ngbu,
Kudos man for embracing peace and showing maturity in your public apology to toxnaija.
As, for whether we accept your apology??  that one will be communicated to you by the board of Gurus of this thread after we don wack pounded yam and egusi soup for ya house!!!! grin grin .
my brother, i am proud of you.
cheers.
@linksman
You took the words right out of my mouth, I couldnt put it better than that.

ojofree:

@all
i really do not know what is wrong with my system, i inputted the TP for channel o and again i was unable to get it to work, does the  lnb skew have anything to do with it, i noticed that it is different from the skew on my pas 7/10 68.5 E set up.
You need to talk to somebody when you are right in front of your TV.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ all,

i've already made a decision that if the abuse 'doesnt stop' or 'do not stop' or 'didnt stop' which one correct sef? that i will just keep mute on this forum, but well am disappointed i was expecting this to last a little longer cos i was really enjoying myself. I enjoyed myself with my FTA from 12am to 12pm and i enjoyed the abuse from 12pm to 12 am, but now it seems my afternoon will soon be boring cos i enjoy power supply in my area just for 12hrs, but well thats good sha.

so now to my post,

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2008
Captainus, thanks man.
I would definetly do that when am home. Would you believe that I was frustrated that I got a DSTV. But, am a firm believer and lover of FTA  grin.

I have a space constraint for bigger dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2008
Enitan2002,
Kabiyesi baba guru!!!! grin. Am not so lucky like you. I only could manage 90cm dishes. DSTV still collect monies from me. Am hoping to stop that. But, what could I do with 90cm dish in Lagos. Captainus just jist me of channel O as the only FTA on Trend TV satellite.

I wonder why trend tv did their worst.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2008
May we all keep enjoing FTA. May the good Lord keep keeing the gurus for more info and class sessions.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2008
where do i start from?

OK, the globecast issue,
the TP of that channel is not a stable signal, so for those that must have tried that and havent seen anything dont think the poster is giving out wrong info, the fact there is that that TP is just a FEED, it comes and goes, just like the 10999V 3124 TP that i gave sometimes ago.

I was taken by surprise that a member all the way from the eastern part of the continent was the first to post the new info concerning TPA1, i should have posted that but i wanted the the thread to cool down before i start posting, but the info also came to me from OLA, 'i keep wondering why he's not registered' but he guy dey good in terms of research. Thanks my man again and congratulation for being a F******R, got that?

After so much of stress i got myself installed my NSS7 this morning all because of premiership kicking off this weekend, i usually have a problem installing my personal dishes but far far easier when doing outside for clients, do you guys think am under a spell or what?

After the installation i just found out that i wont be watching the premiership matches all because of NEPA/PHCN, there's only power supply for 12 midnite to 12pm, i dont really know if am the only one experiencing this. And i dont have a generating set and i dont even plan to buy one all because of i havent seen any station just worth subscribing to or buying fuel into generator to watch, i guess some guys will be calling me IJEBU, but on a serious note am simply one by birth. so that means i will only be enjoying myself midnite/morning, but hey i do have a UPS for my system maybe i can use it to watch just for 5 mins at least am not paying any dime to watch the stations.

Below is the picture of my latest setup, i used my UPS to do the tracking just this afternoon, it seems 'am' going GAGA.can u see my UPS by the side of the stool in the first picture?
I will be back by saturday to give out some detailed infos.  

enjoy

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2008
Onye_ngbu,
Apology accepted by me but not the board of gurus.You need to pay the fine of pounded yam and oha/egusi coupled with palm wine before we let go.Besides,come along with 7 bags of igbo kolanut,and new yams,7 goats,10 gallons of palm oil,and N100000 in 7 days.I had to beg them to reduce the items to the list you have now or else you for run for cover.The list would have included 10 Nilesat dishes,10 Strong X series receivers,10 Fuji lnbs,and 10 beautiful Ibo virgins for the bachelor gurus.They know themselves sha.Make I no start another katakata for the thread.Please give me a call.

Folorunsho,
thanks for the call yesternight.Folly is joining us soon.I am happy to tell the house especially Lagos based DXers that he is about to install Nilesat 3.2m/Fuji lnb at Abule egba.Good news for interested members especially Enitan who lives not too far.

Mr.Gem/Arsenal1,
thanks for the info.how we go do all the matches this Saturday-Brazil/Cameroon 11am,Arsenal/WestBrom 1pm,Nigeria/Cote DIvoire 2pm.

Biggjoe,
You have to find time ooo.You started this,you must stick with it.Are you in Lagos?You are definitely on my itinerary when I start the visits.Please tell visitors to this thread to check through all the posts.A lot of questions we have already answered keep turning up.I don't want any insults again so as the grandmaster,please do the complaining.Just like Fasone's enquiry on Nilesat.I have answered it more than 4 times on this thread.Even now,I just answered through my post Folly above,which is for the Lagos area.Please help to beg the aggrieved gurus back especially the fabulous Nilesat professor Mide2008.He also complained about the observations that got me into the hullabaloo.He visits but does not post anymore.

linksman,
onye go hear when when we visit.I hope he has Andrew liver salt and pit latrine because we go come with a large entourage.

urfriend,
I dey vex for you and fasone.Where all of u run go.Anyway welcome back.And get ready for the feast at Onye's place.WE miss you all.

all,
the feed frequency on W3A dropped by Enitan belongs to Deeper Life Bible Church with different audio channels in English,Yoruba,French,etc.It runs between 7pm and 8.30pm on Mondays.Where do you watch Olympics football on satellite?Please don't mention AIT/NTA.

ftalover,
Please change your location to NSS7*KU  and W3a if you love premiership and entertainment.Your present locations are useless except you motorise or better still go for Intelsat 10 KU .etv is there.Enitan is vast in this area.

Enitan,
If Onye and I catch you,you go run comot Lagos for Ijebu Ode.You know say you don offend my 'fishes',you don com add this one.I no blame you.I for leave that guy wey wan beat you that time for this forum over Malawi tv.Is it bodejohn or pitodenz?I can't remember.Yeye boy.I go catch you for midnight 'oko Chioma'.

Azeezbaba,
I am very sorry for the frying of your reciever.Please move to my house till mid-September or when you repair it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ enitan2002
your setup looks ingenious. However, that UPS is the only one that is not enjoying the whole thing. The decoder will not pose much threat but TV requires a lot of current on start up. The battery is about 2k but you can rarely get a good new one. If you kill that UPS, then you will need close 60% of money you need to get a 'Tiger' generator. What do you think.

@toxnaija
you have said it all. it often gets to ones nerve when people cannot do simple reading of posts on this thread. Asking questions on treated issues makes the whole thing boring. I have once suggested that people who have limited internet access time should just use the 'print' button on top of the page to take all the posts in one page so they can read offline. I am not sure its only about limited internet time. Just look up and you will notice that someone has been phrasing and rephrasing the same already treated issue. Many people just dont like to read.
Newbies should try and learn how to use sites like lyngsat. When they do, that will be the begining of their 'guruship.

The list of items you listed for onye ngbu is quite complete, you almost left out an important one but im happy you included it towards the end.

As for your question, I live in Awka, Anambra. I think I should include that in my profile.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2008
Azeebaba, you can bring ur receiver lets wake it up with a fresh software, its not dead yet or dont the power come on at all? I dont advise anybody to patch a receiver with a flash drive better use RS232. I have patched mine more than 7 times. Please, NSS 7 users and w3 users tell us which channel showed the premier league after saturday.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2008
@toxnaija

Pls include my name in the list of entourage that you would visit when u come to abuja cos i'd like to meet u. My neighbor has agreed to always bring his own receiver to my house anytime there is a premiership match cos i have a bigger screen so no need for me to move to your house. e se pupo. lol smiley smiley

@mecussey

I have tried STB-STB but it didnt work. My installer told me i need to get the same model of SRT 4653x (070) as my own b4 i can do STB-STB.
It still brings light. When i switch it on, it will display the four dotted lines and goes off almost immediately thats wat it does. where are u located? am in abuja.

@all
Some1 should answer toxnaija's question about the station(s) that shows olympics apart from NTA/AIT. I know dubai sports 3 shows it but there commentary is in arabic
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by graciousme(f): 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2008
@all

thanks guy,i was happen to put the ART keys this evening,thanks guys,very grateful.onye abeg put my wn poundi join o!!

@toxnaija

well,well, well,now you know,i would have called you too but the last time i called,you sounded kind of busy so i dint want to be too much of a bother,
i will call you soon ,i have put the ART keys and i was successful,thanks,apart from the sport channels on ART,what are the other channels i can get?

@bigjoe
hey,you have been quiet busy nowadays,but take care of you

@pitondez
thanks guruji,i was the one that called you on how to put the ART keys,thanks.

@gangsta101
thanks guruji! am grateful for your post,the link was helpful,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by graciousme(f): 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2008
graciousme: error 5210
error description: last post by graciousme
error location: line one
error correction:*i was able to,

thanks all,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shanumark(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2008
Where in Port Harcourt can one get the satellite finder?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.