Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347927 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2008
Mecussey,

i think Nash mentioned dry cell, maintenance free batteries because of these problems u outlined, they are similar to the ones already in the ups but have a bigger capacity, so the issue of acid spillage or accidental fires are pretty much negligible, but still it is a valid advice. when i was in 2/300 levels, i had a wet cell which i used to power my deck and the lights in my room, so i have first hand knowledge of the problems of such wet cells, and getting the right charger took me months of experimenting. anyways, dry cells it will be when the time comes.
PS: what exactly is this 3-step charging system u r talking about and how does one recognise it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 8:00am On Aug 18, 2008
Gangsta101:

Mecussey,

i think Nash mentioned dry cell, maintenance free batteries because of these problems u outlined, they are similar to the ones already in the ups but have a bigger capacity, so the issue of acid spillage or accidental fires are pretty much negligible, but still it is a valid advice. when i was in 2/300 levels, i had a wet cell which i used to power my deck and the lights in my room, so i have first hand knowledge of the problems of such wet cells, and getting the right charger took me months of experimenting. anyways, dry cells it will be when the time comes.
PS: what exactly is this 3-step charging system you're talking about and how does one recognise it?

Gangsta101,
Thanks for that accurate clarification to Mecussey.
With regard to the beeper, I had a similar problem and this is how I solved the problem:
Using my basic knowledge of electronics, I located where the beeper is on the "Printed Circuit Board" in the UPS. Then I cut the 'positive' wire of the beeper and inserted an external switch in-between so that I can control the beeper. The UPS now has an external "Beeper ON" / "Beeper OFF" switch, and I have peace of mind!! The external battery - which weights about 7 Kg - is housed seperately in a small wooden box. No issues of acid spilling or flamable gases - the battery is sealed. Note that you have to purchase ordinary battery clips (similar to those used in cars) to firmly fasten the cables from the battery to the UPS. As I said before, I have used this sytem for the last 18 months without a problem. In addition to the FTA receiver and TV, I even connect a 10 watt energy saving light in the event of a power blackout at night.

Incase you would like to know the type of FTA receiver I am using (an excellent Blind-scan decoder), please visit the following website: [ http://www.eurostar-digital.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=132&Itemid=184 ].

To all FTA gurus:
Pardon me for this UPS discussion. Well, didn't intend to convert the forum into a science forum. It's just that someone (enitan2002) wanted to know how to operate FTA receiver for longer duration.
Kind regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shanumark(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2008
I'd made this request before, can some1 in the house please help us further with this information, frequencies for the following:

We are told that the following satellites are receiveable in Nigeria or West Africa as of today:

Eutelsat W3 on 7 degree east – KU Band
Pass 7/10 on 68.5 degree East – KU Band
Nilesat on 7 degree west – KU Band
NSS 7 on 22 degree west (KU Band)

And the following Channels are Receivable from above Satellites, namely:

NSS7***22 degree West
* France 24 News (francais)
* Direct 8
* TV 5 Monde Afrique
* LC2
* STV 1
* STV 2
* Canal International
* TV GAbon
* GTV (Ghana Television)
* RDV

W3A on 7 degree east
* MSNBC
* MTA International
* TV Minimah
* Direct 8
* RTS 1
* Go Africa
* TV Malagasy
* 2STV
* Ariane TV

Nilesate on 7 degree west
So many channels mostly Arabic speaking but English channels includes
MBC 2, MBC3, MBC4, MBC Action, BBC, Aljazeera Sport 1 and 2 etc

Can something similar be done for Frequencies please.

Kind regards.

Mark
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2008
@shanumark
Frequencies are numerous, and will take a toil on our time to start listing them one by one.  All you need to do is go to Lyngsat and get all these frequencies there.  If you dont know how to go about it, go to [url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=7715.msg2606653#msg2606653 this link]this link[/url] where Baba egun did analysis on how to read frequencies on lyngsat and I also analyse on [b][url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=7715.msg2651818#msg2651818this link]this link[/url] [/b]on how to navigate in lyngsat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 9:26am On Aug 18, 2008
@ all the gurus,

I have  a motorized 1.8m dish ,SRT 4653X receiver ,C&Ku bands lnbs on the same dish.I have been trying for a long time to receive  SABC(1,2,3) on Intel 902(62.0E) but with no success.I've tried the blind scan and  even though the   frequency 3994H and SR 25992 appear  during the blind scan the signal is weak(red coloured instead  of the green).I live in southern Ghana.

1. Am I the only one with this problem?
2. Any help for me?

Has any body tried the OTA(Over The Air) menu on the strong receiver.?According to the manual it's used to download software from satellite.

Please  some help will be appreaciated.Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2008
Hey all,
good news for all FTA lovers during the weekend, there's 3 live matches all shown during the weekend.
Check out the pictures.
RDV on NSS7 ku showed arsenal/west brom on saturday, and man utd/newcastle on sunday

picture 0076 was the CAF champions league match shown on LC2 on sunday.
Picture 0073, was the advertisement on stv2 on NSS7 concerning bring premiership live matches to about 12 countries in africa, but i think that will be the grade c match, but lets wait and still see what will happen in the nearest future, RDV promised 50 live matches of premiership this season, there'll also be 2 live matches coming up on RDV next weekend.

FTA is so sweet.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2008
all,
hope you all had a wonderful weekend.Phcn gave me light throughout in Abeokuta without a blink,so you can imagine how much I enjoyed Olympics and Premiership.On the assignment,I was only able to hook up to RDV for the grade A premiership matches.How about you?
Thanks to Mide2008 and Enitan for the suggestions when I couldnt pick Globecast Africa on W3A.I eventually picked it with a 74% signal strength.I had to climb the roof for almost 1 hour to adjust the lnb on my 1.8m dish.The feed is for AUB African feed meant for TV stations in Africa for all live events,so for us all,you no longer need NTA/AIT terrible signals.You can also pick OSMI feed for Spanish la liga and premiership free to air matches,etc, on NSS703 C-band 57*East(3912 Horizontal 2220).It is a closely guarded parameter amongst partner tv stations but I took the risk giving all c-band owners.One advantage of being a broadcaster!
MSNBC on W3A has been transmitting the Olympics too with sharp signals and American commentaries.If you love ESPN,this is your best bet.
New Indian station 9X has moved from intel906 to 902 c-band (4172 vertical 3963).
Canal Horizon nss7*ku opens its scrambled signal on Sundays 6pm for this nice football highlight show, Jour de foot.
Lagos residents,do you remember Disc Comm Cable of those days?They are back with 48 channels but digitalised.So you can no longer use the video decoder to hack it.the subscription goes for N3000.Please let us make enquiries from the Alaba guys on how to watch it for free again.
Please,let's stop the ups thing.It is affecting the new excitement on this thread.Call or mail Nash-fta for any enquiries.
My Equinoxe and GTV do not come out everytime.Even the RDV's signal has dropped to 54% from about 75% when I installed it.Is anyone experiencing all these too?What could be wrong-lnb or dish allignment?

Board of gurus/loyal members,
Please let us summon an emergency meeting.I just discovered Urfriend is an Hitv agent.Check the thread-Hitv or Hi Rubbish.What do we do about him as we don't need pay tv agents.They are our no 1 enemies always blocking ftas.If he wants to be accepted,he should send us the Hitv premiership feed parameters though he wouldnt.What do you think?

Pitodenz,
please don't compare Pauxis with Fuji lnb.I use both.It's like comparing sleep with death! No comments on manual keys imput.We all know what to do.I can't explain online but physically because you need to see it being done before you can understand.The best bet is the link on this thread.

Mide2008,
Please help answer Captainus enquiries.why you no pick my calls on your lines,abi you watch TV too much at the weekend?

Enitan,
thanks for being the first turn in your assignment.Baba I jebu,why did you divert your phone at midnight? abi you go for vampires' meeting.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2008
I was thought in school then that passing information to people in form of pictures stick so well in the brains compared to when words alone were used, thats the major reason i've adopted this new technique.

There's a major problem problem encountered by viewers concerning polarisation on their decoder.I will cite an instance, sometimes last year the frequency of MSNBC on lyngsat was 12728H 30000SR, but now if you checked the lyngsat the pol says its now V check this link for confirmation http://www.lyngsat.com/ew3a.html, the problem there is that before you try to track any satellite first confirm the system information of your decoder i.e the software version, if your using a decoder that has a softwre version of august 2007, some polarisation of some satellite will surely vary, but if you have the version of either jan 2008 or june 2008, you must use the polarisation u can see on lyngsat.
This problwem has to do with globecast africa frequency the pol someone gave here sometimes ago was V, and i wasted almost about 4 days trying to check out what the problem was with my decoder cos i couldnt get the signal right especially during the day when its most active, so i decided to change the pol to H one evening and here i was with about 85% signal strength, so also i rememebered the feeds freq of deeper life church igave some weeks back that was the reason i said during the period when its active you still couldnt get the signal try to change your pol vice-versa, the pol tht worksfor me was V,and didnt work for others instead H did, and i noticed that those that H worked for has the latest software version on their decoder. The patch of that nilesat posted some months back by badaru i think automatically updates the version on your decoder.
The basis of this finding is that whenever a new feeds freq or channel freq is given out and u still couldnt get that using the pol given by the poster, my advice is that first confirm from someone if the signal is active and if it is  and the problem still persists try change your POLARITY.

got to go now will be back on thursday for more info, keep the thread alive
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shanumark(m): 10:12am On Aug 18, 2008
Igwe Pitodenz,

I need clarification.

I am thinking of switching to C-Band from Ku-Band, what channels will be available to me (including premiership) here in Port Harcourt?

Thank you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2008
Just have to thank all Gurus and lover's of FTA.Ola in lagos,justx24 in Ibadan and also the Guru that has this gsm No 08023162076 or 08034707935 helped me in tracking NSS 7,they gave me all suport needed to do it yourself,now I can track any station given the details,thanks guys.
Channels picked up with my 60 cm dish are
RDV premiership,CANAL 2 Inter,STV2 premiership,STV1,LCF,EQUINOXE TV,2STV,DIRCT 8,LC2,FRANCE 24 and TV5. wt Signal strenght of over 79%
11606V,SR3307.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]There are over 40 channels with signal strenght of over 80% but no picture displaying and sound(?)including CNN,Euronews multi,Canal+sport to name but few. once again I say thank you to all the gurus in this forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by teetee123: 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ all
Please i could not open ART channels with the daily keys on my strong 4620 decoder.it is not patched.
Can someone help out.
Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shanumark(m): 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
Sayso,

Since we're in the same state, is your dish on the ground or on a rooftop? you see to be enjoying more channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2008
shanumark:

Igwe Pitodenz,

I need clarification.

I am thinking of switching to C-Band from Ku-Band, what channels will be available to me (including premiership) here in Port Harcourt?

Thank you.

the sat-finder u were looking for is 1,500 here but its the analogue type the digital that beeps is about 5k but it is very scarce in market now.
it is only when u enter into c-band that u ll get the real enjoyment of satellite but u ve to motorize.u ll get channels like cnn,aljazeera sprt,children,sabc,ait,nta and so many interesting channels u ll be able to watch over 200 unscramble channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shanumark(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2008
Is it possible to know the cost of installing C-Band (total)?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ gofitech
thanks for the info,its on 21.6e degrees and i could not see it since,the beam is on west africa sure 60cm can pick it.
@ all
i think badrc has gone completely analogue and badr 6 has replace it with only analogue c-band that can reach sub-sahara africa.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2008
shanumark:

Is it possible to know the cost of installing C-Band (total)?

if u re going for c-band go for 2.4m mesh dish not 1.8m dish to enable u enjoy all the channels.call me for price confirmation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2008
enitan2002:

I was thought in school then that passing information to people in form of pictures stick so well in the brains compared to when words alone were used, thats the major reason i've adopted this new technique.

There's a major problem problem encountered by viewers concerning polarisation on their decoder.I will cite an instance, sometimes last year the frequency of MSNBC on lyngsat was 12728H 30000SR, but now if you checked the lyngsat the pol says its now V check this link for confirmation http://www.lyngsat.com/ew3a.html, the problem there is that before you try to track any satellite first confirm the system information of your decoder i.e the software version, if your using a decoder that has a softwre version of august 2007, some polarisation of some satellite will surely vary, but if you have the version of either jan 2008 or june 2008, you must use the polarisation u can see on lyngsat.
This problwem has to do with globecast africa frequency the pol someone gave here sometimes ago was V, and i wasted almost about 4 days trying to check out what the problem was with my decoder because i couldnt get the signal right especially during the day when its most active, so i decided to change the pol to H one evening and here i was with about 85% signal strength, so also i rememebered the feeds freq of deeper life church igave some weeks back that was the reason i said during the period when its active you still couldnt get the signal try to change your pol vice-versa, the pol that worksfor me was V,and didnt work for others instead H did, and i noticed that those that H worked for has the latest software version on their decoder. The patch of that nilesat posted some months back by badaru i think automatically updates the version on your decoder.
The basis of this finding is that whenever a new feeds freq or channel freq is given out and u still couldnt get that using the pol given by the poster, my advice is that first confirm from someone if the signal is active and if it is and the problem still persists try change your POLARITY.

got to go now will be back on thursday for more info, keep the thread alive

polarization can also be effected by the type of lnbf and the way the lnbf skew is adjusted just turn any upside down and u ll notice a change in pol.bro how u dey?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by salamander(m): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2008
@captainus

I live in Accra too. It is not possible to pick the SABC channels on 62.E with 1.8m dish. You have to get at least 2.4m.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2008
@toxnaija and all the FTA Experts
Do you know of any Ku-Band FTA feeds (which have been kept secret) we can pick on Intelsat 7/10 at 68.5 East?
I have a 65cm dish pointed to that bird and it works great. Can pick etv too with my arisat AR-600 decoder.
Kind regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2008
@shanumark
shanumark:

Sayso,

Since we're in the same state, is your dish on the ground or on a rooftop? you see to be enjoying more channels.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

My dish is on a hanging pool,about 8m above the ground.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Mecussey, Twinstaye, Pitondenz

If what Pitondenz is anything to go by, then the receiver is useless because after reading pitondenz post where he said any strong receiver that does not have the BOOKLET that shows the channels that we can get in nigeria is a Fake. My own does not have the booklet. But the one i bought now SRT 4651x came with the booklet which means i bought original this time around grin grin

@Twinstaye,

are u resident in abuja cos u seem to know much. i know neighborhood center but i never knew they do stuffs like that there. I think i will give it a trial. And if at the end of the day, it still doesnt come up, then PITONDENZ theory is right that its a FAKE.

@ Badaru1

Thank you for putting me through entering keys manually over the weekend. I really appreciate. Keep it up. As per the Al jazeera, i will contact u as soon as i know how to reach u

@all

I was told RDV will show manchester united's match but as at 3.50pm they have still not entered the studio, i had to run to my neighbor that has HITV to watch the match. I later discovered that they showed the match.

Some1 should please confirm to us if the ART keys are still working. I think they are not working again.\
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Salamander,

Thanks for the info.Do you know how much the 2.4m dish(pan not the fibre) will cost here in Accra?Have you by any means tried or  been able to receive nilesat?
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Jesude: 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2008
Comrade Gangsta 101,

I was able to get the FUJI LNB in Suleja after much bargining for N3,000.00.  But for the searching of the bird, know luck yet, rain contribute to my problem on saturday, but i believe that with all this materials now, i will continue to search and search until i get the bird.  Comrade Gangsta 101 thanks for your concern.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by salamander(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2008
@captainus

I think the price ranges between 200GHC upwards. But I'll prefer the mesh. I don't know anyone getting nilesat in Accra. What birds are you on?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shanumark(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2008
sayso:

[color=#006600]@shanumark

My dish is on a hanging pool,about 8m above the ground.

Could you please assist me with the frequencies with which you're picking those stations.

Biko.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Salamander,

I'm on Pas68.5(C&KU bands),Intel 906(Only Star tv&TBC1),Intel 902(only Citizen, breaking signal),Nss 703,Arabsat 2B, Eutelsat w4(only channel O),Intel 10-02, Eutelsat W3 @7E,Atlanticbird3, NSS7(C&KU) and Intel907
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2008
shanumark:

Could you please assist me with the frequencies with which you're picking those stations.

Biko.

Try using 11611V,SR3307.You have to do a blind scan like 3times to get more channels,most of the channels I have were doubled I still do not know how,e.g STV1&2 appeared twice.

Pls Gurus in the house,what kind of dish can someone use in getting Eurobird 1 at 28.5°E[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by salamander(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2008
@captainus

If you are on yahoo add me so we can chat. salamandercat@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2008
HI sayso ,FROM 6 METER.[DISH].
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2008
@toxnaija
I will definately look out for you on LTV on those days. On meeting me, I'll prefer we meet in Abuja. No FTA to see here for now, jare. You are such a nice guy.

@all
Keep up the good work. I look forward to a day all of us on this FTA forum will meet & celebrate this great feat.
{Am sending this from my mobile which appears to be more convenient & fast }
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
@sayso
No worry my friend , i was mainly giving back what i got from the forum , happy you are able to get it all figure out , You did all the work. And Thanks to my Oga too OLA , long since have spoken to him. Guess be cause am a sort of village FTA Guru in my house grin grin grin. Need anymore info , give me a call Bro.

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by zkjango: 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2008
man i need help here all this talk, am really interestd in it but i use a hitv decoder is there a way i can get some of these stations that u talked about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.