Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347490 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2008
@ojofree

If Daarsat does indeed use 27w, as is being rumoured, then a diseqc motor will start to be seen to be useful in Nigeria (the south especially) and over time will gradually become popular as it becomes known. First, let's start with people who don't even know about FTA: some of them might like all or some of DSTV/HiTV (36e), MyTv (68e) and, now, Daarsat (27w?). That means they need at least three dishes whereas with a diseqc motor a single 90cm dish will do all of them. And remember the 'posing/effects' mentality in Naija - some people will like to show off that they have a motor.

Secondly, for us FTA folks, we can also still get 7e and 22w, as well as those others mentioned above, on the same single dish. In fact, I will advise that if one wants to set up a diseqc motor in southern Nigeria they should use 7e as the first satellite to align to for best results because it will be at the top of the arc and make more likely that the motor will correctly track the other satellites through the arc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ enigma,
thanks so much for the mail, i've sent my request across and i'll be looking forward to reading your reply.

@ badaru1,
when exactly is your installation coming up, SAT or SUN? what about the pictures we discussed about you posting how the back of your decoder looks like, or are you not intrested in that again
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by darkside1: 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2008
Hello guys I need your help I am using a strong decoder, I would like a step by step way of creating a new group under the same satellite and choosen different lnb.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ enitan i ve been receiving all sort of mail and text msg from people telling me they got my profile from nairaland even from yahoo guys and some girls who say they need real relationship but to the girls, abeg make una dey tri drop una fone nomba but i no dey pay oh!to yahoo guys na time una dey waste oh!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 12, 2008
@ all,
i was just wondering what kind of a country are we all in, we've been taken for fools especially with all these pay TVs, and lastly the advent of daarsat. Some few weeks back there was a maniac concerning the free channels that were left by DSTV due to some techinical difficulties, some even went ahead to change the location of their setups to that direction, others were even planning to get a dish, but Lo! and Behold, the stations were off air.
The number of stations on DSTV premium are more than 50 stations, whats so dificult in them leaving some stations free for people. Just take a look at canalsat horizons for those hooked to NSS7 ku, DSTV can never match this company in any way, they left some channels totally free on their package and they include:

FRANCE 24 NEWS FRANCAIS,
TV 5 MONDE AFRIQUE
DIRECT 8,
LC 2,
CANAL HORIZONS_ (sometimes)

If not that majority of us don't understand french language, those stations would have been superb to us all. Take a look at LC2 you kept updated concerning CAF champions league, and some Nations/World Cup Qualifiers you will never get to see in any stations not even on DSTV, and LC2 for makoussa lovers, and Direct 8 has so many well packaged programmes, a match between Bolivia and Brazil was even broadcasted live on that station.
Just tell can't DSTV also do likewise?

The greatest mistake i personally think Daarsat management made was that, they should have consulted with some gurus (like enigma, badaru, gangsat101, toxnaija, Pitodenz, OLA, justx24 e.t.c) here to find out what people really want. Its those guys i mentioned don't even know the impact of their knowledge on the public, though this may not be their field but they are knowledgeable in that regard. I'm sure he would have paid no dime consulting these guys.

@ all,
was just thinking if a small seminar can be organised for 'stable' forum members before the year ends, december to be precise.
I think vickoy/toxnaija/badaru will be in the best position to put this together

@ toxnaija,
e be like say u dey vex for me, abeg make you no do that for your boy ooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2008
enitan2002:

@ all,
was just thinking if a small seminar can be organised for 'stable' forum members before the year ends, december to be precise.
I think vickoy/toxnaija/badaru will be in the best position to put this together

This Idea is great, welcome, I second that but una make sure say on that day you can get an internet ready PC so that some of us in far countries will be part by communicating through the net live with you guys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2008
Hi fellas,

I recently wrote that i had laid my hands on a clone PVR receiver and listed out the features i had not including what i considered the downsides most notable of which was that i hadn't found a way to input keys for decrypting scrambled channels. anyways, i have done a lot of googling over the last few days and have acquired a lot of information which i am going to share with u guys now, who knows it just might help someone out.

Now, most decoders have an embedded processor just like computers. these processors are what enables them carry out the decrypting function. now there are several manufacturers of these processors (just like for computers), but the most common one you will come across (for products meant for the European, Mid and Far East) is the 'Ali Chip'. this is manufactured by Acer Laboratories Incorporated of Taiwan. these are popular because they are cheap and reliable, and these days there are a lot of support for them. Now, as expected there are several models of these processors, ranging from M3307 to M3330. the most common brand is the M3329 series. actually, there are actually several 'brands' of this 3329 series but fori practical  purposes, they are classed into 4 distinct groups.

M3329 A1 a 216 pin IC
M3329 B1 no. also 216 pins
M3329 B1 DVR which has support for digital video recording
M3329 E1 which is the most recent of the lot.

Now, because of similarity of these chips you can actually take a firmware (software) intended for a product running one chip and run it on another product which has a similar chip, for example, lets say you have a strong decoder runnign 3329 B1, u can actually load it with software intended for a silvercrest decoder which also has 3329 B1 ( just quoting what i read!). but you cannot cross platform from one processor to another i.e B1 cannot be used on B1 DVR or E1 (C)

the 3329 B1 and E1 (C) decoders are extremely well supported on line and are run by common decoders such as humax and dreambox, echostar e.t.c. but the A1 processors are said to be very dodgy, described as poorly designed with a tendency to overheat and hence perform very poorly whenever they try to run the algorithms to decrypt very good encryption systems, so you cannot find patches for them.

Armed with this info i proceeded to open up my decoder and check up on the chip inside and to my utter disappointment, found out that it had the A1 chip, so no loading of keys for me on this baby. the funny thing is that if you load a softcam key (theirs come in .bin format as opposed to those for strong which come in .key format) via USB, it recognises the softcam but will not 'load' it ,citing memory errors. but all hope is not lost, mine comes with a multi card reader so right now i am going off to research into topics like Card sharing and the likes (Note: strictly for academic purposes).

so the lesson is that before you buy a decoder now keep these things in mind (too bad we can't open all these clones to check what type of processor they have before buying them)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by darkside1: 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2008
@gangsta101 nice info keep it up. please do you have an idea on how i can use keys on my strong decoder and where to get updated keys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
pls can enitan put me thru,am using 4653x strong decoder,and i wnna put the phela nkeys,hw can i go thru.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2008
grin this is announcing the return of the jujukemist. Indeed my main men have been keeping this forum true its xter!
No stupid ques, no underground moves. I am sugesting Abuja for the egg heads of this platform to meet.
Daarsat has just committed what we call a tactical error in the cable tv turf. we in the fta world are still the champions. If only we can synchronise our feeds and distribute it across the globe,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 12:45am On Sep 13, 2008
i shall always keep you guys informed about latest development on nilesat.to all ,be informed that what ever you read on this thread is the truth and nothing but the truth.I practicalised it and it work for me ,i never thought of installing nilesat single handedly but i did.just read the whole thread and you will gain more experience.am looking forward to seeing you all one on one.UNA TOO MUCH.m signal strengt is now 66%.i never alter any settings on the dish i handle it carefully and even measure the focal lenght to see they are all right.funny,i suggest Yaradua should sent every nairalanders to space to activate our domant satellite,abi wetin una think,funny?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by lavoisier2: 3:19am On Sep 13, 2008
I'm watching more than 3000 satellite chanels from my PC

I downloaded through this site;

http://milliondollarsreviews.com/topic/internet-tv-on-pc-softwares-
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 8:12am On Sep 13, 2008
@ jujukemist welcome back. @ all if u ve java supported phone u can download opera mini for ur phone internet browsing,it charges very low that u can read more than a page and still make posts on this forum with less N5.Its true cos thats what am using to post for sometimes.U can send me ur email address and i ll forward it to ur box.All thanks to Infomatics1.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by seuncyber(m): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2008
Hello guys
Well am new here,i need your help,i just got a Hitv not up to 2weeks,i need you guys to help me out with the free on air.

I don't no any thing about it

please help me out i really need the free on air because i can't be paying 4000k every month to Hitv

sweetayo2001@yahoo.com

you can give me your phone number i will call you please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by seuncyber(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2008
Is me again,well most people in Nigeria used Hitv,so i will be happy if you guys talk more about it.

About FTA For hitv
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 11:02am On Sep 13, 2008
hi seuncyber,if you knew you were not ready to pay 4,000 naira for hitv,then why did you get it?.sori to inform you there are no free channels on hitv.if you are looking for free channels .
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by seuncyber(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2008
Thanks for the information

So what can i do now,because i have only Hitv for just 2weeks and am tired of it due to the 21stations,i need more

so if there is any thing i can do i need it guys

but someone told me that you guys have free to air for hitv please help me guys.

am always bored with the hitv

so i need free to air ooooooo

Were are the guys who know about hitv i need free to air for it
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by soloqy: 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2008
@seuncyber

There is no FTA for hitv.

Its either you use hitv or you abandon it and ask the gurus here what dish and other equipments to use for Free to air channels.

Its better you stop asking that question before you start getting some serious scolding from the FTA guys here

smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Hawkeye(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2008
I need one single view DSTV decoder. Call 08076252350
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2008
angry @ hawkeye plz this fta forum not dstv if u need dstv u can kindly go to any multichoice office nationwide. @ all hail Rdv.man v liverpool live.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by seuncyber(m): 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2008
hello guys,

am still here till i get help about Hitv free on air

Pls guys i know you have give it out
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by guysmat(m): 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2008
Last time I checked, all hitv channels were embedded in FTA. tongue grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by seuncyber(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2008
Thanks man

Well what i mean is i have Hitv Decoder and dish i just got it 2weeks ago,and i am tired of it due to the station.

so what i need is Free on Air to my Hitv

and is it true that no free on air to hitv
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2008
@seuncyber

Just like you were told earlier, This is an FTA forum. By FTA we mean free to air as in the word free to air. HITV is a pay tv so we have only a "reference" business to it here. same way we have with DSTV, MYTV and now Daarsat. Now if you are really serious about wanting our dear FTA, then i would suggest, like has been done time out of number on this forum, that you go read from page one of this forum to the very last post. by the time you go half way reading, I bet you would become an authority. Maybe 99% of us on this forum knew next to nothing about satellite TV until we stumbled on this great forum and today we are bold to say that we can pass for pros. Ask obnelly the latest guru if I am lying. Ask me too I would boast of how much I have learnt. Ask this Ibadan man too. same testimony, So go ahead and read. It does not kill.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by seuncyber(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2008
Thanks man for the mail.

well i just want to inform you that i have check from page one to page 64,but did not understand any thing,is not that i can't read,am just new into this.

Well what i want to as is,is there Free to air for Hitv?

And if you do have kindly help me out,i spend alot to pay for Hitv.i stay in Ogun state ijebu igbo,due to the last of Hitv we need to come down to lagos to pay because it takes time going to GTB

So bros help me out with free on air with hitv
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2008
@seuncyber

Ok brother, I would give you a quick tutorial. FTA are unencrypted channel which is available for you to watch free of charge. all you need do is instal the right type of hardware and track the satellite where this FTA is. HITV is on 36ºeast on a satellite called eutelsat w4 and on the same satellite is DSTV, TREND TV and GTV. all these sat TV providers are so greedy that they have no FTA for anyone. You must pay before you watch anything on their bouquet. infact there is no hope for FTA lovers on that satellite. If you want FTA, you have to instal your dish to the position of intelsat 7/10 on 68.5º east or Eutelsatw3A on 7º east or NSS7 on 22º west if you have 90cm dish. If you can afford bigger dish, then you have an option on Nilesat. Now you can be on C band or KU band. the channel ou are trying to get will determine your dish size, LNB type and positioning.

So if you want FTA you might consider going for a second dish or even a third or fourth. Me I have four dishes which I combined with a diseq switch.

I guess I have been able to answer your question. There is no FTA on HITV or the satellite it is on. Moreso, they must have given you a 60cm dish which might not be of very good use if u want fta.nI am not sure if you can use a diseq switch on HITV decoder
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by seuncyber(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2008
Thanks for the information.

Well what do you mean by diseq switch on HITV decode.

Well thanks alot for the lesson
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Hawkeye(m): 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2008
pitodenz:

angry @ hawkeye plz this fta forum not dstv if u need dstv u can kindly go to any multichoice office nationwide. @ all hail Rdv.man v liverpool live.

I tell u say i no no where multichoice office dey?? busy body
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by kalonji: 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2008
hello guys:

I Live in Ghana, i know this is nigerian forum, but seems there are some ghanians over here . Well, i just moved to Ghana, and  ma trying to figure out how things are over here.
      If anybody from Ghana,(Tema-Accra area) can tell me where can i get satellite equipment, 1.8 m, 90 cm dish and diseq,lnb,etc. I have een here around one month bu i havent found any place where they sell this equipment, only dstv,gtv installers who ask me for ridiculous prices for all this things.
    I have anoher questions for people here in west Africa: anybody is doing cardsharing over here?i dont know if u people have experience with dreambox or similar decoders with ethernet cardsharing abilitys, at the moment im using my old Kaon decoder , but my dreambox is on the way, and when i have it fully installed, im planning to do some cardsharing. Ive been checking the net, i ve seen some people they are offering canal sat horizons and Dstv on cardsharing(i dont think they are offering as a local), but dont know how reliable are they.

If anybody can help me this pls
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2008
Hawkeye,
please dont force me to come out of my sabattical blowing hot for you.I am sure you must have realised this thread is for intellectuals and not garage boys.Please watch what you write to people here even when they annoy.It is better to ignore than be ignored.

Seuncyber,
please read the posts as if you are studying for your exams and you will understand.The reoccuring questions piss off the gurus.All questions have been answered except new developments.

the gurus,
the thread is being turned into a dumb enclave as we are now experiencing all sorts of irrelevant queries.I hope some of us will not be forced to exit.The thread is being boycotted by the gurus as they are being inundated by the dumb queries.In fact,I refused to contribute because if i write what is on my mind,they will do more than abuse me.You remember the grammar debacle?I dont want any insult.On Daarsat,please no comment.All noise,no action.This is one of the reasons I refused to work for AIT/Raypower over the years.
RDV went blank for the Stokes/Everton match.

obnelly,
Let me commend your efforts on Nilesat.But I must warn you not to rejoice too much yet.You still need to learn a lot from the Nilesat gurus especially mide2008 and badaru1.Do you know about ART/PEHLA/SHOWTIME parameters?Have you heard about Fuji prime focus Lnb?It is the best for Nilesat.Mide2008 and I pick MBC1-4 signals with as high as 74% in the evening,BBC World 72,Showtime Today 86.Mide2008 is in Ilesha,Osun state while I am in Abeokuta/Lagos.I believe you need to work on some things to get better signals at your location.Which part of Ogun are you?

Enigma,
I hope to see you by the first week of October.I will arrive then.I look forward to meeting you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 2:34am On Sep 15, 2008
ok sir.I havent got the ART,PHELA and SHOWTIME parameters.I hope to give you a call b4 this week runs out and one more thing ,i experience drop in signal quality during the day up to 20% but anytime from 7.30pm upward the signal shoot up and rise to 58% on aljazeera,52% on others and some have a fixed signal quality of 66% both in the day and night.SHOWTIME CINEMA 1,2,3 and4 are available but they are all scrambled,but nothing like showtime sports not even ART.Am more than willing to learn from gurus in the house.I stay in sagamu ,ogun state.
seuncyber,kindly learn to crawl b4 walking read like they said ,as if you have exams not just the way you read newspapers.we can only learn by information.See you on top.Shalom
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 3:04am On Sep 15, 2008
I guess you are using 3m dish because your signal strenght is very high,i cant get bbc world only bbc arabic,am using 2.4m.About prime focus Fuji,i have heard of it and i even have it as my LNBF.mY SIGNAL LEVEL IS 90% WHILE QUALITY LEVEL IS 66-70%.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.