Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action (45431 Views)

Abdulrazaq Makes First Appointment After Inauguration / Get Me The Most Intelligent And Ardent Tinubu Supporter Lets Debate / Buhari Waving To The Masses After Inauguration In 2015 Vs 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Blackdisciple(m): 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2023
Why is he wailing na I thought everything is fine....
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by frankson1(m): 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
ajimo54:

Joker! He never supported BAT! The Idiot is an Obi Supporter! How would u regret supporting him wen u heard him all over that he wud remove subsidy during his campaigns? You are just a pathological liar! Obi's boy! Father, thank u for Asiwaju.

Lots of obidients on Twitter have pseudo accounts with Yoruba names pretending to be Yorubas and PAT supporters.

Anyone reasonable enough will know that PAT didn't practically remove or stop subsidy on his own. It's what he met in the system.

4 Likes

Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Amalekki: 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
This is the reason why you should be banned from any democratic system and shipped straight to North Korea cool

ikpumbe:

This is the reason why many of you should be banned from having PVC.
You guys are dangerous with pvc

1 Like

Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Modifire(m): 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2023
[quote author=Kingsmeal post=123592666]Just a week after Bola Ahmed Tinubu was sworn in as President of Nigeria, some of his Supporters have began to regret their actions, maybe as a result of the hardship being inflicted on Nigerians as regards the 'recently' removed fuel subsidy.

In a Twitter post, the ardent Tinubu Supporter wrote;

https://twitter.com/agbotunde/status/1665614889430274048?t=DOTFkGxsBJmnPLqTLCO0yQ&s=19[/uote]

grin my comments for now
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by IfnobeGod20: 9:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
ednut1:
Atiku, obi and Tinubu all said they would remove subsidy. Buhari already removed the subsidy. Make una rest with all these propaganda
4 of the presidential candidates said they would remove subsidy but only one of them told us what he will do if he removed it. And the only person that gave vivid explanation to what he will do is Peter Obi.
Check the poster below:

Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by vannessa7(f): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
The difference between Yoruba and igbo is made glaring by this whole political season. The reason why an igbo man believe in instant gratification by buying and selling while the Yoruba man believe in spending time in getting a skill or education is the same reason why igbos will not support this subsidy removal because they believe in chop I chop, no time for endurance or discipline for a better future but rather get rich quick thus their affinity for crimes. Anyway FYI Yoruba are used to enduring before success, we believe in following the process and paying the price before success and that's why every Yoruba eventually succeed, some earlier in life some later after suffering to train their children, we will not do anything that will make us to be cut off at the edge of our success like some people do . This subsidy removal will favour us because it will be like when telecom sector was deregulated, it started off being expensive but now they are begging us to collect sim for free. This is guaranteed to happen in the petroleum sector too. Take it to the bank

1 Like

Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by vannessa7(f): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

4 of the presidential candidates said they would remove subsidy but only one of them told us what he will do if he removed it. And the only person that gave vivid explanation to what he will do is Peter Obi.
Check the poster below:

Talk is cheap, we all saw what he did in Anambra here
https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing/19#117559848
Someone that cannot run a state successfully wants to run a country, a tribal bigot that refuse to mobilize his party chieftain in the north because he didn't trust them. He is not fit to rule a local government self
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by patrickcollins: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
Nahunger:
Lol
There is no change or growth without discomfort or sacrifice...

Only an enemy of growth sees necessary changes as discomfort
No positive change will come to Nigeria cos those politicians are not yet done dealing with us, imaging Wike, Akpabio, Umahi and others frequently visiting Aso villa cos of their selfish interest, no politician gives a damn about the poor masses but their interest.Let's wait and see
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Youngsage: 10:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
taylor88:
Nigerians are funny people

Buhari that’s fit & agile couldn’t save us

And all of a sudden you’re putting hope on a maggot that licks microphone

You’re expecting so much from a demented man that lost all his memories to Cocaine & Heroin

You’re putting hope on a bedwetter that raises to hands up during national anthem

Yorubas think Tinubu of 1999 is Tinubu of 2023. I mean 24yrs later

Babe wey then born for 1999 never get 4kids now?

I’m not shocked neither will i because that lifeless Buffon from Irigbaji will be 600% worse than Buhari

Vote competency they said no rather going to all comment sections shouting “HIS TENURE WILL FAVOR ME & MY FAMILY”

You think governance is by prayers when you elect a clueless cocaine trafficker

Yoruba Ronu oooooooo

Somebody give this man a trophy grin grin cheesy
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by grandstar(m): 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
People think governance is all about sweet things for the masses.

People should wake up. We are not in the paradise. The true God isn't opening his hands and satisfying the desires of every living now.

Human governments are limited by the resources they have and this influences how they utilize them.

First, I very much doubted Tinubu wanted the subsidy gone immediately. The oil marketers got jittery when he said "the subsidy is gone" and went into a panic mode and jacked up their prices or hoarded their products due to uncertainty. They did not want to be caught off-guard. There was utter bedlam and confusion and the NNPC capitalized on it by ending the subsidy, something that was to commence July 1st.

NNPC claims to be spending $857m monthly on the subsidy. This is about $10bn yearly, about 2.4% of GDP. This is simply unsustainable, considering that the government purse is empty. Government claims all government revenue is being used to service debt.

That implies that practically all the funding for this years budget will be borrowed. This is disastrous. That would be like adding 7% of GDP to the country's debt profile.

Ignorant people like these are best ignored and tough medicine dished out now before the Naira collapses to N2,000 to a dollar due to pressure placed on it by the huge fuel subsidy

1 Like

Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by obyno82: 10:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
Amalekki:
Subsidy Is Organised Crime, I Cannot Allow It To Go A Day Longer - Peter Obi

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrgp1pMZNSw

Why not show the full interview of PO on subsidy removal.
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by obyno82: 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
chidiokay:

You all believed the guy becos he suite the narratives headless mob want to hear ... he voted Tinubu and he did not know Tinubu said he will remove subsidy fortunately for him Buhari did it for him.

I vote Tinubu, i am not stupid like some children to think the path to greatness is smooth and comfy like mouka.
Blind man eye wey go open must 1st pepper am.

NLC & Peter Obi children can do there worst, if you survive cash scarcity and you think you can't survive subsidy then you deserve the death cheesy

You are only filled with shame. It is your guilt that is talking that is why you refused to admit you made a mistake.
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by obyno82: 10:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
foleskay:
I still Believe Tinubu will spring a surprise,but he has started on a bad foot. He needs to rescind d susbidy removL first then organize his economy cabinet. Then they can plan afresh on how to go about subsidy.

Bro don't believe anything Tinubu is clueless right now
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by obyno82: 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

Was the subsidy provision paid into your account?

Drawing up a budget and having the money to execute it are not the same thing.

Two months into leaving office, Buhari was still seeking approval for $800M loan

Keep fooling yourself by making excuses for failure.
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by obyno82: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
boxypane:

Oga calm down and stop casting aspersions. It is not easy on anyone so be thoughtful of your phrases.
Your competency was Obi who could not manage the economy of Anambra! talk more of Nigeria? We should continue subsidizing fuel to our neighboring countries while our economy suffers.
A nationalist would rather observe and see who makes up this administrations economy team, petroleum sector, health, education and finance, before jumping into conclusions.

And what made you think he didn't manage Anambra economy? You people just like to sound stupid or exhibit stupidity in HD. This was a man who grew anambra IGR wise from zero. This was a man who paid salaries and pensions that were outstanding since 1999. Someone that still left the treasury with $150m in savings and also in Naira as well. You think it is all about white elephant spectacles called projects that still invariably drain the treasury abi. Please stop being stupid abeg.
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by obyno82: 11:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

I will not regret supporting Jagaban of Africa and I know he's a listening president. He will definitely adjust the pump price of PMS. I support subsidy removal but I frowned announcing it at his inaugural speech. He will be the best president since 1999 when he finishes his 8years in office.

E go soon touch you sha.
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by obyno82: 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
vannessa7:
The difference between Yoruba and igbo is made glaring by this whole political season. The reason why an igbo man believe in instant gratification by buying and selling while the Yoruba man believe in spending time in getting a skill or education is the same reason why igbos will not support this subsidy removal because they believe in chop I chop, no time for endurance or discipline for a better future but rather get rich quick thus their affinity for crimes. Anyway FYI Yoruba are used to enduring before success, we believe in following the process and paying the price before success and that's why every Yoruba eventually succeed, some earlier in life some later after suffering to train their children, we will not do anything that will make us to be cut off at the edge of our success like some people do . This subsidy removal will favour us because it will be like when telecom sector was deregulated, it started off being expensive but now they are begging us to collect sim for free. This is guaranteed to happen in the petroleum sector too. Take it to the bank

What really did you smoke? Who did this to you?
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by obyno82: 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
grandstar:
People think governance is all about sweet things for the masses.

People should wake up. We are not in the paradise. The true God isn't opening his hands and satisfying the desires of every living now.

Human governments are limited by the resources they have and this influences how they utilize them.

First, I very much doubted Tinubu wanted the subsidy gone immediately. The oil marketers got jittery when he said "the subsidy is gone" and went into a panic mode and jacked up their prices or hoarded their products due to uncertainty. They did not want to be caught off-guard. There was utter bedlam and confusion and the NNPC capitalized on it by ending the subsidy, something that was to commence July 1st.

NNPC claims to be spending $857m monthly on the subsidy. This is about $10bn yearly, about 2.4% of GDP. This is simply unsustainable, considering that the government purse is empty. Government claims all government revenue is being used to service debt.

That implies that practically all the funding for this years budget will be borrowed. This is disastrous. That would be like adding 7% of GDP to the country's debt profile.

Ignorant people like these are best ignored and tough medicine dished out now before the Naira collapses to N2,000 to a dollar due to pressure placed on it by the huge fuel subsidy

And you believe that crap from NNPC?
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by OChimex: 11:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
ednut1:
Atiku, obi and Tinubu all said they would remove subsidy. Buhari already removed the subsidy. Make una rest with all these propaganda

They will rest, but you, come rest make we see. Una go hear am walahi talahi. Tinibu go use wire wipe una ass well well
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Nahunger(m): 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
patrickcollins:
No positive change will come to Nigeria cos those politicians are not yet done dealing with us, imaging Wike, Akpabio, Umahi and others frequently visiting Aso villa cos of their selfish interest, no politician gives a damn about the poor masses but their interest.Let's wait and see

True I agree, let's hope Tinubu can please the devil and meet up with some expectations
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Nahunger(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
blackgold2018:
you have Zero psychological reasoning..

The actions of fools are always felt by another. Not them. That’s the basis of my annoyance

E still pain am 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Nahunger(m): 11:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
Solsix:

This doesn't work that way. When you are working hard and u are seeing the results no matter how small u will be encouraged, but that's not the case with Nigeria. Every government will tell us to tighten our belts yet declare bonuses upon bonuses for themselves while looting the rest. What we gotten right with our so many discomforts??

Well a better Nigeria is only when you can afford 3 square meal, pay your bills and cater for your family, expecting the government policies or activities to make any of those easier for you is like believing the devil will repent and open a church
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Emola12(m): 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
ednut1:
when BUHARI remove subsidy You lack integrity aswear
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by grandstar(m): 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
obyno82:

And you believe that crap from NNPC?

How much is litre of crude oil as at today? It is 49 cents

Multiply it at N461 which was the official exchange rate at the time and you get 225.89 or approximately 226/litre meanwhile the price of petrol was 195

So, the price of petrol using 461 is already higher than crude oil from which it is gotten from. Which should command the higher price- the crude oil or the finished product? So, from stage 1, there is a subsidy!

We are yet to include refining cost. Don't forget the petrol won't even be sold to marketers at 195. It would probably be sold at 175. So, there's like a 50 Naira subsidy at stage 1.

Now, how many litres of oil is consumed in country daily before the subsidy removal? Let me just use 60m litres here. Let us assume the subsidy would be about 200 per litre, that would give us about N12bn.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/553297-nmdpra-gives-new-figure-of-daily-petrol-consumption-in-nigeria.html?tztc=1

Whatever way we look at it, the subsidy is huge. Most importantly, these kind of subsidies are some of the worst ways to help the poor. Countries that have high levels of subsidies will in time face stagnation.

Most importantly, the government could no longer afford it. It only kept it because it did not want the masses to riot. That is the real reason why nations that have these subsidies rarely discard them. It is not because they are good and beneficial. They do too much damage to the budget.

Buhari left an empty treasury because he preferred to borrow rather than to cut cost. And one thing the government was borrowing heavily for was fuel subsidies. Now, the government is servicing the debt borrowed to subsidized petrol.

This subsidy puts too much stress on the Naira. It will continue to make the Naira depreciate. The ill effects goes on.

1 Like

Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by goodheart01: 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2023
taylor88:

You’re expecting so much from a demented man that lost all his memories to Cocaine & Heroin

You’re putting hope on a bedwetter that raises to hands up during national anthem

I’m not shocked neither will i because that lifeless Buffon from Irigbaji will be 600% worse than Buhari

Vote competency they said no rather going to all comment sections shouting “HIS TENURE WILL FAVOR ME & MY FAMILY”

Yoruba Ronu oooooooo

Helinues and this message is directed at u

1 Like

Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by bigcasava1(m): 2:33am On Jun 06, 2023
Go and live with the evil u supported. People like should never be trusted.
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by ikpumbe(m): 2:40am On Jun 06, 2023
Amalekki:
This is the reason why you should be banned from any democratic system and shipped straight to North Korea cool

A PVC in the hand of a tribal and religious bigot is low a gun in the hand of a mad man
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by RealityBender(f): 3:32am On Jun 06, 2023
taylor88:

Yoruba Ronu oooooooo
How can I like and share this post 1 million times??
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by bayelsaowei(m): 5:21am On Jun 06, 2023
ednut1:
yes to remove..but how about other levers that should make the removal easy for all to bear..

How about a huge cut down on cost of governance? I know for sure this isn't part of Tinubus agenda...its always the masses that needs to pay dearly for the removal of subsidy..
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Ifogift007: 5:36am On Jun 06, 2023
Nahunger:
Lol
There is no change or growth without discomfort or sacrifice...

Only an enemy of growth sees necessary changes as discomfort
Na hunger they come for u agbaya

Spits
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by Dumte(m): 5:57am On Jun 06, 2023
This guy must be high on something stale.

Enjoy ur BAT
Re: A Week After Inauguration, Ardent Tinubu Supporter Regrets His Action by boxypane(m): 6:00am On Jun 06, 2023
obyno82:

And what made you think he didn't manage Anambra economy? You people just like to sound stupid or exhibit stupidity in HD. This was a man who grew anambra IGR wise from zero. This was a man who paid salaries and pensions that were outstanding since 1999. Someone that still left the treasury with $150m in savings and also in Naira as well. You think it is all about white elephant spectacles called projects that still invariably drain the treasury abi. Please stop being stupid abeg.
And your morning and daily foolishness laced with absolute balderdash not tell you about AKWUZU SARS( James Okafor) a den of ritualists and organ harvesting. Who was the CSO to Obi, or how health workers went on strike for 13 months, or the fact that your political messiah is a political prostitute, or how Local Govt funds were stolen or the fact that LGA elections never held.
What is the worth of the so called Anambra investment in those breweries he invested in today or the next to NO infrastructure. What was he saving for? To the detriment of development in Anambra? Please read about the parable of the talent. Okponu nla.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Policeman Shoots Soldier Dead In Borno / Man Who Loves Buhari And His Number Plate (Photo) / 2023 Presidential Election: Tinubu's Posters Spotted In Ikoyi, VI & Allen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.