Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,108 members, 7,845,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Onitsha River Port Ready By October - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha River Port Ready By October (13646 Views)

Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port / Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by chy101: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^

Ok sir
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Onlytruth(m): 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2011
Chino,

I really think it would help a lot if you post pictures of Awka and other places where you visit regularly in Anambra to help us share in your story. Pictures speak a thousand words.
You live there, so the logical thing to do is take pictures YOURSELF and post it here. Simple.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by chy101: 6:52am On Oct 07, 2011
^^

Ok, Nwanne
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by FACE(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2011
Onlytruth na ndi ozo na agu/anu asusu anyi, a ga m asi ka unu gbaa ra onye nzuzu ahu bi na isi obodo Anambara oso, ma obu du ya ndumodu maka na o ga na ebutara unu nkpari dika osi mee na edemede nke ozo ahu I bidoro maka oganihu obodo owuwa anyanwu.

Anyi ndi ozo bu ndi obodo anyi na ejide si onwe anyi aka ike, i hapu ikpari ndi anambara ka o si akpari ndi ozo mgbe nile. O ga adi nma ka unu na a bara ya mba mgbe nile ka okwusi I na ekwuto ndi ozo ma obu I na ama aka onye amu ya ka nke ibe ya na etiti anyi.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2011
Come oh!!! Didn't they say operations would commence by OCTOBER at the Onitsha river port? undecided It's coming to the end of september now, and i'd like to know the status of the Port presently (with pics if possible for those living in Anambra/Asaba). I'm not going to allow anyone pull wool over my eyes- no way!!!

And can peeps living in/near Enugu give us a status report of operations at Enugu Int'l; are they receiving international flights yet? If not, why not?

We have to hold the Governments feet to the fire as it were, or else they'll just forget their commitments.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by jason123: 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
jason123:

This is the latest I could find:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=881124

Cheers, but i've seen more activity in a graveyard angry. 'October' my foot!!!
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by EkoIle1: 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
lol,

Sucks to be - - - - - - - , Well, y'all know the rest.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Demdem(m): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2011
another unfulfilled promised
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Afam4eva(m): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

Cheers, but i've seen more activity in a graveyard angry. 'October' my foot!!!

lmao

I think Igbos have being scammed once again.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Demdem(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

Chino,

I really think it would help a lot if you post pictures of Awka and other places where you visit regularly in Anambra to help us share in your story. Pictures speak a thousand words.
You live there, so the logical thing to do is take pictures YOURSELF and post it here. Simple.
chy101:

^^

Ok, Nwanne

Where are the pictures
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Rhino5dm: 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
Are you kiddin me,right? How dare you speak of the Igbos like this?. . .I think Tinubu and Awolowo are the ones stoping that project from being commission. Lmao.

Odechwuku has once again scam and place a spell on the east. I told you guys never to trust Retardinho.

afam4eva:

lmao

I think Igbos have being scammed once again.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by DisGuy: 12:23am On Jan 18, 2012
shhh open ya ears, open your eyes the ship is coming
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Jan 18, 2012
^^ Dumbo!!!  grin grin grin grin 

You actually made me go back there to take a closer look at the picture there to be sure if there was a ship in the distance  or something . . . lol
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by nateevs(m): 2:27am On Jan 18, 2012
Yesss! I see the ship!
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by DisGuy: 10:31am On Sep 20, 2012
Bros take my binoculars, you see that big ship- biggest in the world i tell you

we are taking on China grin

countdown to october!!
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by IGBOSON1: 9:52am On Sep 26, 2013
Just heard the useless minister of transport say that they hope to complete the concessioning of the port by ending of this year, and that they expect the concessioner to take over the port by beginning of next year........you couldn't make it up walahi! See how ambiguous his statement is.......and how it gives them ample room for manoeuvre? Meanwhile, on the same news programme they were voting 30 billion naira for projects in Abuja, and there was no talk of first waiting 2 years for all sorts of shenanigans, or to carry out soil testing (a la 2nd Niger Bridge) that lasts for ever b/4 works can commence! The bastards!!!

The sexy looking and modern railway line from Kaduna to Abuja.......did they prevaricate for years before they started building it?

From the beginning of this thread you can see when the port was meant to have started, and how they've been stringing us along like mugus ever since! For all the slavish following of the President that Obi does, i'm yet to see any solid thing Anambra has gained from GEJ.......and we're now in the 3rd year of his administration!

I've said it b/4, and i'll say it again, Ndigbo in general and Anambrans in particular are being well and truly punked over this river port and Niger bridge issue, and the people that should do something about it (all the state governors, Peter Obi, our legislators in Abuja, and our traditional rulers), they are all sitting pretty doing fuc/kall, and strumming on their harps while Rome burns!
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by ChinoIsBack: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Just heard the useless minister of transport say that they hope to complete the concessioning of the port by ending of this year, and that they expect the concessioner to take over the port by beginning of next year........you couldn't make it up walahi! See how ambiguous his statement is.......and how it gives them ample room for manoeuvre? Meanwhile, on the same news programme they were voting 30 billion naira for projects in Abuja, and there was no talk of first waiting 2 years for all sorts of shenanigans, or to carry out soil testing (a la 2nd Niger Bridge) that lasts for ever b/4 works can commence! The bastards!!!

The sexy looking and modern railway line from Kaduna to Abuja.......did they prevaricate for years before they started building it?

From the beginning of this thread you can see when the port was meant to have started, and how they've been stringing us along like mugus ever since! For all the slavish following of the President that Obi does, i'm yet to see any solid thing Anambra has gained from GEJ.......and we're now in the 3rd year of his administration!

I've said it b/4, and i'll say it again, Ndigbo in general and Anambrans in particular are being well and truly punked over this river port and Niger bridge issue, and the people that should do something about it (all the state governors, Peter Obi, our legislators in Abuja, and our traditional rulers), they are all sitting pretty doing fuc/kall, and strumming on their harp while Rome burns!

Nwanne lets give GEJ till end of January 2014 to sort out the issues over the concessioning of Onitsha Port and ground breaking of SNB.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2013
Desola: Though i can't stand the okoros, i'm truly happy for them. Since they are mostly traders, there was no excuse not to have given them their own port from time.

I hope this would mean they would start vacating the West o.

All the same, congratulobia, now your Biafra can finally materialise.

Nah wetin dey worry you girls. When you happen to fall in love with an ibo man now, you say ''mummy, it is either okoro or i die''.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

I've said it b/4, and i'll say it again, Ndigbo in general and Anambrans in particular are being well and truly punked over this river port and Niger bridge issue, and the people that should do something about it (all the state governors, Peter Obi, our legislators in Abuja, and our traditional rulers), they are all sitting pretty doing fuc/kall, and strumming on their harps while Rome burns!
I do not expect GEJ govt to favour Anambra or Igbos in general. All some of us have asked for is fairness, equity and justice in allocation of federal govt projects in all parts of the country.

Of all the River Ports under construction by the FG only that of Onitsha has been completed. That of Baro (I think in Niger State), Oguta,etc are still under construction. They said that of Onitsha is being concessioned now. I dont know why its taking too long and that is what we have to interrogate but atleast the first hurdle has been crossed after the project was abandoned for decades. Note: all the other River ports will still pass through the same process- completion and then concession. Yes, the Onitsha Port may not have gone commercial but the equipments being used by Julius Berger for initial works on Second Niger Bridge were delivered through the Port.

Anambra STATE University was among the 12 universities nationwide that received special impact funds in 2012. It got about N3billion.

FG is building a new federal secretariat in Anambra. None existed before now.

FG has completed the Onitsha-Owerri road and expanded the Bridge-Head to Upper-Iweka section of the Enugu-Onitsha road to 10-lane. The whole stretch of the Enugu-Onitsha road will be completed next year. The FG just awarded re-construction of Enugu-PH road for over N60billion or so, plus some other roads in the region.

The Enugu Airport is now open to business with the outside world. New international terminal is under construction in Enugu, the first out of the 5 planned new international terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH.

Ebonyi now have a brand new teaching hospital and brand new federal university.

Contract for Second Niger bridge has been awarded to Julius Berger. Julius started preliminary work around July and will complete it next month. Between October and November, the President will flag off actual construction work.

The PH-Enugu-Maiduguri railway rehabilitation will be completed in December. The Southeast is well covered by the ongoing feasibility studies for modern railways across the country.

Anyway, I cant reel out all that has been done so far but suffice to say that the East has had fair share of FG intervention within the period. In the next few months, it can only get better.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Longeria(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Igbos had never had it so good.
All my life,this is the only government igbos are not crying of marginalisation , like they did throughout obasanjo's 8 wasted years. No matter what,to Ndigbo, Jonathan's government is like one eye, which is better than TOTAL BLINDNESS which APC government represent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained / Buhari And Francoise Hollande Meet In New York (Photos) / Femi Adesina: You Can’t Force Buhari To Make Public His Assets Second Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.