Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,457 members, 7,843,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Onitsha River Port Ready By October - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha River Port Ready By October (13643 Views)

Ikpeazu starts Work On Obuaku-River Port / Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Desola(f): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
Costa2000:

@ Desola i pity the man that will marry u,cos u will encourage your children to hate there father,shame.

don't worry about me darling, worry about getting your ragged arses out of my region and take your doti spare parts with you.

Let's just all rejoice that our dreams of separation looks to be coming to fruition. grin

Now get the f.u.ckout!

Adios, Biafra.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Dede1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
Desola has been genuinely upset since one Igbo son unceremoniously dumped her dirty arse for unhygienic reasons.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Dede1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2011
Desola:

don't worry about me darling, worry about getting your ragged arses out of my region and take your doti spare parts with you.

Let's just all rejoice that our dreams of separation looks to be coming to fruition. grin

Now get the f.u.ckout!

Adios, Biafra.

Whosoever blindly or sleepily stood as your darling should be shot as ignorance of his action should not be considered.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by oduasolja: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2011
can these igbo punks leave lagos now.

they act like they are putting food in our mouths when all they are doing is making a profit off us.

i have a plan to replace these dudes.

yoruba nation existed long before bleeping nigeria and was building up fast. we dont need no stinking igbo.

we have tonnes of yoruba business. from globacom to oando to costain to various manufcaturing companies.

if they leave, the place will be more liveable and prices will come down.  they can go back to their over populated zones and  fight with each other .
over land.

i  am sick and tired ofthem ass holes.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2011
It is a welcome dev. But D port is kinda small n which kind of ship will be passin there cos the port waz built after d bridge, can it pass under d bridge.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Desola(f): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2011
"Okoro must go" bag now in production.

Grab your copy now!

First fifty okoro traders to buy this bag would get a free luxury cruise ticket to Biafra on our new state of the art ship which would make Onitsha its first port of call.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by joeyfire(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2011
@oduasoja & your other monikers on this thread - its obvious that u are a poor man and frustration has mangled ur limited mind into believing that igbos are the problem u and ur omo onile, garage lout crew have. Lool ! I pity losers who don't want to compete with others on a level playing field. You think igbos leaving will save your backward and infinitely filthy ilk. By the way have u ever left lagos? I respect igbo boys who leave their villages with cellophane bags and within a short time are able to send money home to mama unlike the 45yr old isale eko "boys" still eating their mum's amala b4 hopping out to extort money from hardworking igbo traders. The yoruba men wey make sense no get tribalism for their dictionary if not dem for poor like u and ur frustrated. Damn break time is over. Now kiss my as.s odua hitler wannabe
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by igbo2011(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2011
This is great news. I am sick of hearing about projects that are never finished. It is cool to see finished projects.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by kettykin: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
Lagos, capetown ,alexandria, liverpool are where it is today not because of minerals like jos and enugu or oil and gas like warri and port harcourt
or military presence like kaduna but because of 2 things its status as a former capital and as the sole maritime capital
of nigeria.

2 things will happen in quick succession the commisioningof River Niger port will draw small and medium vessels to onitsha and lokoja
(bear in mind that lokoja is just less than 2 hour or 190km from abuja ) , Barges loaded with diesel , PMS , rice , cement will move to and
fro the Lokoja port to the SE port and warri Port.

But the Big joker is the Ibaka port in Akwa ibom, this coast has natural depth of more than 13 feet , deeper than Apapa and every other port
in nigeria. at the complettion of the port Ibaka will be the deepest port in Nigeria and can accomodate deeper vessel than lagos bound vessels
Akwa Ibom will now be the new Maritime Capital of Nigeria coupled with its staus as an oil and gas major power , your guess is as good as mine.

Well that leaves us with 2 things the massive relocation of maritime business from Lagos to the SS (Akwa Ibom)
because of 1 lower cost of doing business , 2 lower transportation cost ,3 easy access to the Richest zone in Africa the SS and SE zone.

And the emergence a new nigerian economic order where the SS will hold both the oil and gasd power, the maritime power and nigern political power (presidency)
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by donwilz(m): 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2011
This Desola girl must be suffering from mental Gangrene , I can't imagine why a human being will reason like u do, were u brought up like this? If yes, shame to your parents, If not, then you are cursed, BTW, don't bother replying this,
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by SouthEast1: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2011
Yoruba-type envy is a disease that sango cannot cure
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Yinkay: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2011
Notice some recent activities there this morning on the way to office,would have take pics but the area is cloudy due to rising mist from the Niger, will try to take it this evening and upload.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by jason123: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2011
Yinkay:

Notice some recent activities there this morning on the way to office,would have take pics but the area is cloudy due to rising mist from the Niger, will try to take it this evening and upload.
#

Please do that, Yinka. Thanks in advance!
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by chino11(m): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

I can not fathom the immediate benefit of the river port, not a seaport, at Onicha but the damage of this misguided project could be felt at Ogbaru community. This is another kneejerk job by the federal government instituted to continue the civil war. The main seaports in south eastern region of Nigeria have been starved of necessary amenities and other leverages to compete with Apapa and Tin Can.

I had rather have an airport comparable to MMA and NAA in the eastern region than river port in Onicha.

Some of the loudmouths who have condescendingly contributed to this post with usual cynicism portrayed inherent bigotry, jealousy and lack of self-esteem.

I think your argument is baseless. You count one before you count two. Onitsha port will further expand because its gonna be among the busiest ports in west african region. The Onitsha Port is one of the greatest gifts to the Southeast. I don't know your statement of mind 'jealousy or frustration that the port is not in your home state'?  It is one project that will open not only the Anambra state but the entire SE for greater good. Anambra is fasting becoming the economic hub for the SE/SS and by extension Nigeria
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by emmke(m): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2011
i wish igbos will stop deceiving themselves into believing that everyone is jealous of them and realise that other tribes will really be glad to see them leave their land.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by chino11(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2011
^^

You are really a fool. Where is your land we are occupying?? Is it the yaroba dungeon and jungle grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by samyng(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2011
[size=13pt]Great. Good News this is a welcome development [/size]
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by BigMeat2: 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2011
Thirty years too late
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Obiagu1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

I can not fathom the immediate benefit of the river port, not a seaport, at Onicha but the damage of this misguided project could be felt at Ogbaru community. This is another kneejerk job by the federal government instituted to continue the civil war. The main seaports in south eastern region of Nigeria have been starved of necessary amenities and other leverages to compete with Apapa and Tin Can.

I had rather have an airport comparable to MMA and NAA in the eastern region than river port in Onicha.

Some of the loudmouths who have condescendingly contributed to this post with usual cynicism portrayed inherent bigotry, jealousy and lack of self-esteem.

Exactly my thought. I don't think a river port can do much. I'd rather have a deep seaport in Akwa-Ibom that's close by. River port has its limitations as not all ships can dock there. It could improve business activities but it can't do much.

Like you said, international airport comparable to MMA and NNA will contribute much more to the East.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Obiagu1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2011
Big Meat:

Thirty years too late

Too late indeed. The damage has been done.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Dede1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2011
chino11:

I think your argument is baseless. You count one before you count two. Onitsha port will further expand because its gonna be among the busiest ports in west african region. The Onitsha Port is one of the greatest gifts to the Southeast. I don't know your statement of mind 'jealousy or frustration that the port is not in your home state'?  It is one project that will open not only the Anambra state but the entire SE for greater good. Anambra is fasting becoming the economic hub for the SE/SS and by extension Nigeria

My people say he who requested chair from a lizard should take proper look at the lizard. I am for any project, regardless how little, the federal government dimmed necessary for SE. There is no doubt SE zone is worth more than mere river port for noisy celebration. However, my option of gateway to outside world from SE would have been a comparable airport to MMA or NNA.

Let us look constructively and strictly on business terms between a river port and seaport. I wish the river port at Onicha could be able to anchor Ocean going container ships. If not, I still maintain Port Harcourt seaport should be given infrastructural uplift that was given to Apapa or Tin Can ports. Unless the SE\SS zones are satisfied with transportation of dry fish and palm wine usually by canoe, the river port should not be celebrated with state-wide festivity.  sad sad

I guess you should have inquired about my home state before leaping to jealousy or frustration statement.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by manny4life(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2011
So much economic analyst on Nairaland,

@Desola, you know when someone is slightly intimidated , they try to phase it off like they're the sh/it but in essence, they are afraid. I think you going through a post trauma self-esteem disorder.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by oduasolja: 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
joeyfire:

@oduasoja & your other monikers on this thread - its obvious that u are a poor man and frustration has mangled your limited mind into believing that igbos are the problem u and your omo onile, garage lout crew have. Lool ! I pity losers who don't want to compete with others on a level playing field. You think igbos leaving will save your backward and infinitely filthy ilk. By the way have u ever left lagos? I respect igbo boys who leave their villages with cellophane bags and within a short time are able to send money home to mama unlike the 45yr old isale eko "boys" still eating their mum's amala b4 hopping out to extort money from hardworking igbo traders. The yoruba men wey make sense no get tribalism for their dictionary if not dem for poor like u and your frustrated. Damn break time is over. Now kiss my behind odua hitler wannabe

another stinking igbo wey no get no sense. i guess u think allyorubas are born in a garage . or igbos brought soap and water to lagos. another dummy wey no get sense.

u guys are no competition. ur biz no require any brain power ,  so its not like u got any damn advantage.

and stop worry about filth in yoruba land and go and clean your erosion ravaged filthy motherfucking cities. from aba to nnewi to onitsha and the rest.

u guy are ungrateful scum that dont deserve any good turns. u act like yall lands are better, but u are begging to live in another mans land.

i dont care about ur competition, what i'm saying is , dont bite the hand that feeds you or ever think u are not expendable. cus you are. yall aint needed and stop trying to act like if u leave we are going to miss your fake spare parts and okrika clothes.

u can never be richer we got more land than u .
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by SouthEast1: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2011
emmke:

i wish igbos will stop deceiving themselves into believing that everyone is jealous of them and realise that other tribes will really be glad to see them leave their land.

I wonder why your grandfathers stopped them from leaving when they wanted to leave more than 30 years ago? So you are 30+ years late in your desire to see them leave now. Igbos will stay put wherever they are in Nigeria but should henceforth maintain only minimal economic presence in those areas. They should repatriate their investments back to Igboland and maintain only a skeletal presence wherever they decide to reside in Nigeria. Shey na one Nigeria? Una go see pepper. Igbos will eat their cake and have it; you guys wont.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by EzeUche(m): 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2011
Some of these Yorubas are talking out of both sides of their mouth.  grin

It was mainly politicians of Yoruba extraction that prevented the Onitsha River Port for not being completed for over 30 years, because they wanted all business to go through Lagos enriching the South-West.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Verbatim: 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
We wanted to be alone in Biafra, they fought us, killed us, rapped us all in the name to have us around them.
They left us with only 20 pounds to start a new life irrespective of what millions we had in the bank.
With 20 pounds, we became prosperous in their land, now they want us to go.
Please make up your mind, i am already packing my things
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by ak47mann(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2011
South-East:

I wonder why your grandfathers stopped them from leaving when they wanted to leave more than 30 years ago? So you are 30+ years late in your desire to see them leave now. Igbos will stay put wherever they are in Nigeria but should henceforth maintain only minimal economic presence in those areas. They should repatriate their investments back to Igboland and maintain only a skeletal presence wherever they decide to reside in Nigeria. Shey na one Nigeria? Una go see pepper. Igbos will eat their cake and have it; you guys wont.
do you mind that half malam half berom when others are talking i don't see why a berom man should talk he should put on the TV and watch how Fulani's dey slice them in jos when sleeping, he should go and cry everyday, see how dumb he is, a word that says u never commot sand wey dey Ur eye first come dey worry abt another mans problem sad sad
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by oduasolja: 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2011
Verbatim:

We wanted to be alone in Biafra, they fought us, killed us, rapped us all in the name to have us around them.
They left us with only 20 pounds to start a new life irrespective of what millions we had in the bank.
Please make up your mind, i am already packing my things

u forgot the part where u claimed nigerias oil.

buha. i dey laff ohhh.

u should have just stayed in your own land and not claim other peoples land.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Obiagu1(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2011
Verbatim:

Please make up your mind, i am already packing my things.

My bags are always packed. They think I'll waste a day in their land if we become free.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by yarodin: 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2011
This is really exellent news.   Now Igbos will be pushing goods all over the damn place.  No more shipping to Lagos and driving through pot holes, police and armed robber kill zones just to deliver goods to the East and other regions.
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by Okukk(m): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2011
We can't wait for the rain to fall in ONITSHA!
Just hoping the Okoros over there step up their open mindset in accommodating strangers that is sure will beseech the land.
Igbo kwenu!!!
Re: Onitsha River Port Ready By October by yarodin: 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2011
The day Igbos leave Lagos is the day Nigeria breaks up. So Yoruba wakeup from your wet dreams and get with the program. We will now overflow all the markets in the West and East with Igbo goods and services.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Warplanes Consume 1.9Million Litres Of Fuel Monthly / NAHCO Chairman, Suleiman Yahyah Resigns On Health Grounds / Bode George Set To Join APC – Ajomale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.