Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. (5506 Views)

The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe Part 2 / We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe / If Earth Is Hot Like This, How Will Hell Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by KnownUnknown: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
sonmvayina:

Space is fake...

NASA generated images..

There is water above the firmament

You must be trolling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
sonmvayina:

Space is fake...

NASA generated images..

There is water above the firmament
Yes the water is the skies.
The tanakh you are reading, translate those words to hebrew to know the original meaning.

We have shamayin— skies.
We have mayin—- seas.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by sonmvayina(m): 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
Can somebody explain this to me like am 12 years old...

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by sonmvayina(m): 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lordreed, knownunknown, and the May guy...

Please explain that photo for me....
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
sonmvayina:

Should you not look for an astrophysicist?
“ Flat Earth is an archaic and scientifically disproven conception of the Earth's shape as a plane or disk. Many ancient cultures subscribed to a flat-Earth cosmography.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUzGV4F7He8
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by budaatum: 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
sonmvayina:

It's called lens flare, but I think you need to be older than 12 to understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaHVdA8KLtw

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by sonmvayina(m): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
This was before NASA took over..

Map of the earth on the wall...

Not a globe...

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by sonmvayina(m): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
More pics to ponder about...

Ever wondered why the rainbow is shaped like that

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by KnownUnknown: 1:44am On Jun 13, 2023
sonmvayina:

https://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/atmospheric/rainbows-are-circular.htm
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by budaatum: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2023
Tinubu has signed a student loan bill, so there's no more reason or excuse not to go to school to learn instead of sprouting this sort of rubbish that just makes you look and sound stupid.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by LordReed(m): 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2023
sonmvayina:
Lordreed, knownunknown, and the May guy...

Please explain that photo for me....
Where is the pix from? Who took it, where was it taken and what time of the day.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by LordReed(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
sonmvayina:

Rainbow is shaped the way it is because of the light bending. Didn't you play with prisms in school?

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by LordReed(m): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by LordReed(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2023
budaatum:
Tinubu has signed a student loan bill, so there's no more reason or excuse not to go to school to learn instead of sprouting this sort of rubbish that just makes you look and sound stupid.

Abi o. But sometimes I think guys like these just like being contrary for its own sake. They thrive on being contrary, makes them feel special.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by budaatum: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
LordReed:

Abi o. But sometimes I think guys like these just like being contrary for its own sake. They thrive on being contrary, makes them feel special.

As Unknown said, he is trolling to seek attention, and is best ignored, is what I think, or ridiculed for being stupid.

He might as well go walk naked in the street for all the special he might be feeling, because, unfortunately for him, this just discredits anything he says in the future, and all he's said in the past too. You just watch people link his future threads to this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
I just looked up online and saw that the universe is flat.
What you say about that? Lordreed budaatum
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by LordReed(m): 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
Maynmann:

It's a little tricky to explain and I admit I couldn't really wrap my head around it until I studied it a bit more as well as saw some explanatory images. After I understood it, it began to make sense based on observed phenomena.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
LordReed:

It's a little tricky to explain and I admit I couldn't really wrap my head around it until I studied it a bit more as well as saw some explanatory images. After I understood it, it began to make sense based on observed phenomena.
What do you think about nothing coming out of nothing?

“The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system cannot change. The zero-energy universe hypothesis states that the amount of energy in the universe minus the amount of gravity is exactly zero. In this kind of universe, matter could be created from nothing through a vacuum fluctuation, assuming such a zero-energy universe already is nothing.
Such a universe would need to be flat, a state which does not contradict current observations that the universe is flat with a 0.5% margin of error.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_comes_from_nothing
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Workch: 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
sonmvayina:
@correctguy101.
My knowledge that the earth is round and not spherical comes from my observation of the natural world. I went to visit my old class mate it Australia in 2016, and through out the flight we never experience any nose dive or curvatures. This can only happen on a flat surface.
Secondly I have also wondered how water curves on a sphere. We usually say water level because the seas and ocean are level.
And lastly the bible says the earth is round with a firmament above the earth and water above it. ...making the earth a closed system...there earth is surrounded by ice walls and beyond the ice walls there are lands....

No wonder a treaty was signed in 1957 that nobody should go to Antarctica. Because it is not a continent, it is the ice wall.
you didn't observe anything, you just failed to understand basic science
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Workch: 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
sonmvayina:
@correctguy101.
My knowledge that the earth is round and not spherical comes from my observation of the natural world. I went to visit my old class mate it Australia in 2016, and through out the flight we never experience any nose dive or curvatures.
you don't expect an ant on a basket ball to feel a curvature. The any will only observe curvature if he's several meters away from thr basket ball. If you want to see thr curvature, build your one satellites with cameras. Since you don't believe those giving by scientists.

This can only happen on a flat surface.
Secondly I have also wondered how water curves on a sphere. We usually say water level because the seas and ocean are level.
gravity, I cannot be teaching a grown up how gravity works. It was taught in basic science.
And lastly the bible says the earth is round with a firmament above the earth and water above it. ...making the earth a closed system...there earth is surrounded by ice walls and beyond the ice walls there are lands....
the bible is a fictional book, don't learn science and facts from the Bible

No wonder a treaty was signed in 1957 that nobody should go to Antarctica. Because it is not a continent, it is the ice wall.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
You sound dumb here
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Workch: 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
sonmvayina:

Which planets ?

There are lands beyond the ice walls
😂😂😂
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by budaatum: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
Maynmann:

They obviously don't mean the same "flat" like when it is wrongly claimed the earth is flat.

https://www.astronomy.com/science/what-shape-is-the-universe/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by LordReed(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
Maynmann:

What do you think about nothing coming out of nothing?

“The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system cannot change. The zero-energy universe hypothesis states that the amount of energy in the universe minus the amount of gravity is exactly zero. In this kind of universe, matter could be created from nothing through a vacuum fluctuation, assuming such a zero-energy universe already is nothing.
Such a universe would need to be flat, a state which does not contradict current observations that the universe is flat with a 0.5% margin of error.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_comes_from_nothing
This is one of those times intuition fails because it's easy to think the nothing being spoken of is the philosophical nothing meanwhile the nothing here is actually something because of vacuum fluctuations.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
budaatum:

They obviously don't mean the same "flat" like when it is wrongly claimed the earth is flat.

https://www.astronomy.com/science/what-shape-is-the-universe/

Yeah i get it.
Do you know all mythologies point to “nothing from nothing”.

You know about the chaos gods?
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
LordReed:

This is one of those times intuition fails because it's easy to think the nothing being spoken of is the philosophical nothing meanwhile the nothing here is actually something because of vacuum fluctuations.

I think our definition of nothing is flawed.
It comes from no thing.
What is a thing? It means entity, being, matter.

All mythologies point to “nothing from nothing”.
The “nothing” here is formless matter.
Some physicists—such as Lawrence Krauss, Stephen Hawking, and Michio Kaku—define or defined "nothing" as an unstable quantum vacuum that contains no particles.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by LordReed(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
Maynmann:

I think our definition of nothing is flawed.
It comes from no thing.
What is a thing? It means entity, being, matter.

All mythologies point to “nothing from nothing”.
The “nothing” here is formless matter.
Some physicists—such as Lawrence Krauss, Stephen Hawking, and Michio Kaku—define or defined "nothing" as an unstable quantum vacuum that contains no particles.

Yeah.

The one that really tears the brain is 'the universe is not locally real'. If you want to give your brain a workout look that up.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
LordReed:

Yeah.

The one that really tears the brain is 'the universe is not locally real'. If you want to give your brain a workout look that up.
Wow, a nobel prize winner.

And I think the idea of Nothing can been seen in potential energy; energy at rest.
Even though no action in it, energy is not empty in it, it has lot of potentials in it. The conversion of that energy that is resting leads to Kinectic energy(something).

Another thing i want to say is that if you look at an empty cup, some may say it contains atoms, matters or whatever, but if you remove those things, “no-thing” will still be left.
It seems Everything is within Nothing. Everything is coming/removing out of Nothing.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by budaatum: 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Maynmann:

Yeah i get it.
Do you know all mythologies point to “nothing from nothing”.

You know about the chaos gods?

No, I don't know that. Even the Christian myth does not point to nothing from nothing, since the god itself must have been something, and have been somewhere, albeit all we read about it is imaginary.

As I always say, there has to have been something to go Big Bang or be in chaos.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2023
budaatum:

No, I don't know that. Even the Christian myth does not point to nothing from nothing, since the god itself must have been something, and have been somewhere, albeit all we read about it is imaginary.

As I always say, there has to have been something to go Big Bang or be in chaos.
I think it is the definition of “nothing” here.
The gensis creation story is gotten from earlier sources, Egyptians, babylonian, Mesopotamia all pointing to nothing from nothing.
If you look at the genesis story there was no mention of what created “the deep” which was formless and void.
The 4 chaos gods compare to the genesis story.
Nun = the deep

Huh = the earth that is ‘formless and void’

Kuk = darkness

Amun = spirit (or wind).

And if you look at the genesis creation story, the elohims “made” heaven and earth from this formless water, “watery chaos”.
I’m referring to nothing as this watery chaos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by budaatum: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
Maynmann:
I think it is the definition of “nothing” here.

I’m referring to nothing as this watery chaos.

Indeed it is about the definition of "nothing". (And I hope you are also finding that a lot of argument had here is about definitions, and individial understanding).

For me, "watery chaos" is something that has a watery substance that is in a state described as chaos, which is quite a lot of some things, if I were asked.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by Maynmann: 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
budaatum:

Indeed it is about the definition of "nothing". (And I hope you are also finding that a lot of argument had here is about definitions, and individial understanding).

For me, "watery chaos" is something that has a watery substance that is in a state described as chaos, which is quite a lot of some things, if I were asked.
We can just look up the origin of the word “nothing” and “chaos”.

Nothing which comes from no-thing.
The term thing came from the Old English þing, meaning “entity”, “being”, “body”, or “matter”.

Chaos means formless and empty. Chaos is not a thing.
I’m talking about this formless and empty has no-thing.

Even in greek mythology, Hesiod tells us that chaos is the origin of everything — the creation of the universe.
“Verily at the first Chaos came to be,
But wide next-bossomed earth,
The ever sure foundation of all”

Chaos proceeded to give birth to the first Greek gods, the primordial deities, Hesiod portrays chaos as preceding all other elements and entities in the universe.

In genesis
"In the beginning, Elohim created the heavens and the earth.

Now the earth was formless and empty.”

Formless and empty- this is the original meaning of the Greek word Chaos (khaos 'vast chasm, void) signifying a void or a state of nothingness.
Re: The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. by budaatum: 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
Maynmann, write to the supermods asking them to unban you from spambot. It's very annoying, but they usually do.

https://www.nairaland.com/mailsupermods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Catholic Church Releases iPhone App To Help With Confession / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. / Benny Hinn: "Forgive Me For My False Teachings Over The Years"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.