Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,600 members, 7,827,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes (43697 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / No Man’s Land: Rhodes Vivour Cautions Obasa Against Divisive Laws / Amotekun Proposed Law: Wale Fapohunda Says Personnel Will Have Powers To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by AfonjaScud: 2:53am On Jun 09, 2023
Jostoman:
Why cant the Speaker go to his State of Origin which is Ogun state to go and make the law there. Wetin dey pain them for body na the Gap wey LP take pass APC for presidential election dey push them to all this nonsense they are doing now.

Gap with rigging and manipulations ?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by AfonjaScud: 2:54am On Jun 09, 2023
DeShineShine:
GRV should leave Lagos for us o.

CRV not GRV
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by bakynes(m): 2:57am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

You think this is the first time a Yoruba responds like this in this topic ? You can't even formulate your own question ? You need to go to talking points?
Dude, I gave you a Precolonial map, look at it, it shows you what Benin looked like in the precolonial era, and Lagos was part of it. Truth hurts. Deal with it.
This guy it seems you don't understand what Kingdoms and Empire entails in the olden days. Do you know Ondo and Ekiti were also part of Benin Empire? because they pay royalties to the Oba of Benin does not make the people Edo people. In the Olden days, Germanian tribes, Saxons were under Roman Empire. Romans even gave them the name Britannia( meaning Britain) but doesn't make them Romans. Lagos was under the Benin Empire doesn't make Lagosians (Aworis and Ijebu) of then Edo people. Ekiti, Ondo and Lagos people were Yorubas then under the Benin Empire. Understand the difference.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by sharpsecret: 3:01am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

If Nigeria were to divide, Lagos would be a country of its own and one of the biggest in West Africa, and it will be multiethnic.
Also I don't believe in Biafra or oduduwa because you guys keep adding other people's lands into it without consultation of the people.
you seem to be overating Lagos...imagine if every none Yorubas leave Lagos with their businesses and assets.. without Igbos Lagos will loose at least 40 percent of the income it makes from imports and exports,imagine if all oil companies relocate to their supply base which is of imo,rivers,bayelsa,delta just a few that will also be a decline for Lagos...the reason for you not supporting Biafra or oduduwa is because we add other people to our land...lemme educate a little about Biafra...before Nigeria was employed by luggard in 1914 Biafra has existed,it is a group of people with same culture,same religion and ways of life..there was nothing like south east or south South untill the early 90's...what Ipob is fighting for is not Igbo nation,we are fighting for the old eastern region called Biafra..we want to go back to how we use to be in peace before luggard came...don't worry about other tribes,Igbo have never fight them or tried to conquer their Territories..when time come they will know who their real enemies are.. definitely not Igbos...Igbos just want a place that is conducive for them to hustle and Nigeria is taking us back...on our own we would have gone far trust me...but in Nigeria everything is been done to suppress us...all those Igbo efulefus like Joe igbokwe will soon get sense Las las...in 2027 presidency goes back to the north,3035 it goes back to the west and so on and so forth...take me for example as of early 2000's I hate to hear Biafra but now I am passionate about Biafra ..last last every single Biafra eye go clear and they'll see the reason for Biafra. Even the south South part of baifra
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 3:05am On Jun 09, 2023
sharpsecret:
you Even the south South part of baifra
I don't know of any part of the south-south which is part of Biafra, but again this is the problem which I already noted. You guys just add people's lands to your fictional countries without consultation of the people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by AfonjaScud: 3:06am On Jun 09, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

I don't have any oga
I didn't even have interest in the politics and election from the start, till i saw the antics of okoros against my tribe, till even after the election as far as going to insult Ooni, Pastor Adeboye etc

There will be consequences and it has already started, you all can run to the northerners for alliance, those ones will slit your throats without thinking twice

Bravo !!!

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by MightySparrow: 3:06am On Jun 09, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I just can't ignore this anymore The guy who is proposing the law most be a a big time psychopath

This sorta things is some how childish, i mean like when you tryna play with his/her toy and he/she started vibrating and crying saying you wanna take his toy from him grin

After many tribes that come from their respectful states has made lagos what it has became. some people want to start some sorta useless Tribalism, seriously this is highly stupid and foolish if you ask me

But what did i know

Who send me hem?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Afromalaika(m): 3:07am On Jun 09, 2023
scholes23:
The annoying thing is that all of them in that house of assembly are not even lagosians. Most of them even enter night bus come Lagos

We are ok with them, in as much they are Yorubas.
Try dey respect your host small small. You do business in Lagos, you make money and pay tax, your complaints have always been on tax paying forgetting that you make the money from Lagos in the first instance.

No Man's Land kill you there.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by AfonjaScud: 3:09am On Jun 09, 2023
Jostoman:
North did not voted more for BAT it was some of those criminal Apc governors in the north that change majority of atiku result for BAT to win.

Yet Buhari and Lasaru did not do that in Katsina, El Rufai in Kaduna, Lalong in Plateau,Sanwo-Olu in Lagos, etc ?
You lack common sense
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by AfonjaScud: 3:11am On Jun 09, 2023
Jozilinn:
Please nairalanders,I really need this money I have tried my best it's really frustrating me,if it touches you please Access bank 1221869780 it's 3k I already made a post 🙏🙏

Identify yourself, Okoro.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 3:13am On Jun 09, 2023
bakynes:

This guy it seems you don't understand what Kingdoms and Empire entails in the olden days. Do you know Ondo and Ekiti were also part of Benin Empire? because they pay royalties to the Oba of Benin does not make the people Edo people. In the Olden days, Germanian tribes, Saxons were under Roman Empire. Romans even gave them the name Britannia( meaning Britain) but doesn't make them Romans. Lagos was under the Benin Empire doesn't make Lagosians (Aworis and Ijebu) of then Edo people. Ekiti, Ondo and Lagos people were Yorubas then under the Benin Empire. Understand the difference.
1) Nigerian education is a real mess, it is very easy to identify a guy who was educated in Nigeria.
2) it is only in Nigeria that kingdom is seen as "tribe" or "village" or "city". To the rest of the world, a kingdom is a country. And Benin kingdom was a country, countries have cities and villages within them.
3) look, I'm getting tired of repeating myself, you guys want to be right so much that you ignore logic and just repeat your beliefs even if I've already proven your beliefs to be false.
4) you can't identify Precolonial people's as Yoruba, Yoruba only came into existence in 1808, those lands were already part of Benin in the 1400's. You can chose your identity bit you can't chose the identity of your ancestors.
5) Edo is the name of the citizens of Benin empire, that qualifies Lagosians and Ondo and Ekiti people as Edo.
6) people accepted your Yoruba tag for internal politics in Nigeria, but you can't put that tag on their ancestors.
7) so you are wrong. Lagos is not Yorubaland and Benin people of Ekiti and Ondo who accepted your yoruba tag can't put that tag on their ancestors who will forever be Edo people.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 3:20am On Jun 09, 2023
Nigerians have real problems with the words "kingdom", "king", "empire" and "emperor". You guys don't understand the meaning of those words. Also you clear don't know what "history" means.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 3:24am On Jun 09, 2023
Contrary to what you think, a king is not a tribal chief !
There can be many ethnicities within a kingdom !
A village is not a kingdom !
A village chief is not a king !
A city is not a kingdom !
A Duke is not a king !
Not every noble man is a king !
There can't be more then one king in a kingdom !
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by MorolayoVictor(m): 3:31am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

1) Nigerian education is a real mess, it is very easy to identify a guy who was educated in Nigeria.
2) it is only in Nigeria that kingdom is seen as "tribe" or "village" or "city". To the rest of the world, a kingdom is a country. And Benin kingdom was a country, countries have cities and villages within them.
3) look, I'm getting tired of repeating myself, you guys want to be right do much that you ignore logic and just repeat your beliefs even if I've already proven your beliefs to be false.
4) you can't identify Precolonial people's as Yoruba, Yoruba only came into existence in 1808, those lands were already part of Benin in the 1400's. You can chose your identity bit you can't chose the identity of your ancestors.
5) Edo is the name of the citizens of Benin empire, that qualifies Lagosians and Ondo and Ekiti people as Edo.
6) people accepted your Yoruba tag for internal politics in Nigeria, but you can't put that tag on their ancestors.
7) so you are wrong. Lagos is not Yorubaland and Benin people of Ekiti and Ondo who accepted your yoruba tag can't put that tag on their ancestors who will forever be Edo people.

IT IS HIGH TIME YOU STOPPED EMBARRASSING YOURSELF WITH ALL THESE UNSUBSTANTIATED PIECES OF JARGONS AT BEST YOU'VE ESTABLISHED AND MENDED TOGETHER TO BE HISTORY, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 3:34am On Jun 09, 2023
sharpsecret:
lemme educate a little about Biafra...before Nigeria was employed by luggard in 1914 Biafra has existed,it is a group of people with same culture,same religion and ways of life..there was nothing like south east or south South untill the early 90's...what Ipob is fighting for is not Igbo nation,we are fighting for the old eastern region called Biafra..
How can you educate me while you know nothing ?
For your information, the eastern region was never called Biafra and it's creation as a geopolitical bloc was by the British. Also you don't seem to know the location of the eastern region on the map, let me help you: except imo state (perhaps), no part of the south-south was part of it.

Also Biafra was not a Precolonial country, it was a region of Africa and it is mostly withing what we now call Cameroon.

Look, we in the south-south do not want your Biafra, you can have it in your southeast. Our land is off limits for your Biafra and your illusions about "same religion and se culture" (you are sounding a lot like white supremacists). Your religion is Christianity and it was given to you by the British ! Do you believe your ancestors were Christians?
You ipob guys are some of the most uneducated people I've ever met. You should try educating yourself instead of gallivanting with your bigotry.

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 3:40am On Jun 09, 2023
MorolayoVictor:

IT IS HIGH TIME YOU STOPPED EMBARRASSING YOURSELF
Why do you guys just keep repeating the same sentences?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by sharpsecret: 4:11am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

How can you educate me while you know nothing ?
For your information, the eastern region was never called Biafra and it's creation as a geopolitical bloc was by the British. Also you don't seem to know the location of the eastern region on the map, let me help you: except imo state (perhaps), no part of the south-south was part of it.

Also Biafra was not a Precolonial country, it was a region of Africa and it is mostly withing what we now call Cameroon.

Look, we in the south-south do not want your Biafra, you can have it in your southeast. Our land is off limits for your Biafra and your illusions about "same religion and se culture" (you are sounding a lot like white supremacists). Your religion is Christianity and it was given to you by the British ! Do you believe your ancestors were Christians?
You upon guys are some of the most uneducated people I've ever met. You should try educating yourself instead of gallivanting with your bigotry.
let's agree you don't support Biafra cos we add other tribes...why don't you support oduduwa nation?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by gigabyte13: 4:14am On Jun 09, 2023
Wertin concern Agbero with overload
Wertin concern CHINEDU concern Lagos
Shey Lagos na no man's land
If Dem born una well
Make una disobey the law
Na wertin happened to that
Bragodocious Eze ndigbo go happen to all of una.......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Mickykarim: 4:23am On Jun 09, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/no-mans-land-rhodes-vivour-condemns-obasas-proposed-law-to-protect-lagos-indigenes/

IT IS VERY EASY TO IDENTIFY THE bastards AMONGST US.

You can only know when they have grown.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by pacespot(m): 4:35am On Jun 09, 2023
Other states should also make laws "protecting" their land and resources starting from Niger Delta.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Christistruth03: 5:03am On Jun 09, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I just can't ignore this anymore The guy who is proposing the law most be a a big time psychopath

This sorta things is some how childish, i mean like when you tryna play with his/her toy and he/she started vibrating and crying saying you wanna take his toy from him grin

After many tribes that come from their respectful states has made lagos what it has became. some people want to start some sorta useless Tribalism, seriously this is highly stupid and foolish if you ask me

But what did i know

SenatePresdo:

UK and Canada have such laws? Fine.
Was their law against Canadians?

Why would a Nigerian law be against Nigerians? Instead of Foreigners from another country??

But you are fine with this

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Christistruth03: 5:08am On Jun 09, 2023
MrAgbako:
All these Igbos people sef. Is it a must to live in Lagos?. Go back to your amadiogha forsaken sad east region or kee yourself if you not happy with Lagos state laws.

muhammaduyusufu:

Everyone was targeted including liberal yorubas. Yet you don't see other tribes wailing and crying since the speaker hinted about protecting the indigenes. Why do you not want a state to protect its indigenes. Afterall the North practices it's Sharia and some south east governors vehemently protested against ruga.

Let the Lagosians rule themselves the way they like too. Whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by blingxx(m): 5:11am On Jun 09, 2023
kingsways:
An Indian is British Prime Minister

A Pakistani is Mayor of London

Even a Yoruba man is a Mayor in Colorado

And Yet some stewpid Speaker want to pass some stewpid bill to protect his own stewpidity

Go and live in Colorado or London na undecided na by force to stay in lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Teenaira: 5:12am On Jun 09, 2023
true2god:
Hope the law will protect big Yoruba churches so that non-Yorubas will no longer attend.

I hope the law will also prevent non-Yorubas from marrying Yorubas and vice versa.

I hope the law will also make sure that Yorubas will attends only Yorubas owned shools and hospitala vice versa.

I hope the lwas will also make sure that all the oil companies head offices relocate back to Nigwrdelta, their operation base.

The lwas should be all encompassing.

Haba, Igbos should calm down. They started all these and it will be irresponsible of government to allow them to create a big problem for the state before they react. The house has not even promulgated any law yet, so no need fighting over the content of the law. Igbos should try not to claim Lagos as their heritage and peace will return ones again. Nobody is claiming any part of eastern states from Igbos, so they shouldn't come over to Lagos to claim ownership under any guise. if they are still looking for where to claim, they should go and claim Abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by IamAsiri: 5:17am On Jun 09, 2023
Ade3131:

Lemme begin by telling you that as it stands today, Abuja is a federal capital territory of Nigeria, and it remains the only state that does not vote in a governor. By contrast, Lagos state vote in its governors, and what that means is that while Abuja might have it's own indigenous people, the state is the only territory in Nigeria that can be called a no-man's-land (for Nigerians), but there's a boundary to that too bcuz the law recognizes that they're natives whose ancestral land is Abuja.

The natives of Abuja cannot come to Lagos and say it's a no-man's-land bcuz by law, it belongs to some people and they vote in their governor here.

Anyway you look at it, just tell yourself that it is Lagos that is making law to protect their natives. I'm not a Lagosian although I live there. Their laws, their problem. If any non-Lagosian have an issue with how they decide their thing here, they're 35 other states in Nigeria. The law is not targeting anybody order than their indigenous people, so I don't know what the fuss is all about.

They are not making laws for another state. They're making laws for their state. Whoever have a problem with that might need to explain himself in the court of law.

Will this law also affect Dangote and all his investments in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Arms & Ammunitions Army Found In Southern Kaduna (Photos) / Olusegun Agagu’s Body Recovered In Plane Crash / Ikorodu Bois Recreate Buhari, Osinbajo, Oshiomhole' 'merry Christmas' Song Video

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.