Stats: 3,155,838 members, 7,828,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes (43720 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / No Man’s Land: Rhodes Vivour Cautions Obasa Against Divisive Laws / Amotekun Proposed Law: Wale Fapohunda Says Personnel Will Have Powers To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:09am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

It seems you don't understand.
The guy proposing the law is also claiming "Lagos is Yorubaland" ! That is not true at all, Yoruba are no different from other migrants in Lagos !

If Lagos is not Yorubaland then is it Igalaland? Ijebus are Yorubas. Egbas are Yorubas, Awori are Yorubas. So, how it Lagos not Yorubaland again? If you don't have something tangible to contribute better keep kwayet before exposing your ignorance or low iq.

Your brain is paining you.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:10am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

What is in Edo to protect? We're talking of Lagos. Lagos no be Edo, as you people say!
Let me guess, you are actually not even a true Lagosian.
Lagos was part of Benin empire/kingdom. The true Lagosians are brothers of the people of Edo-state.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:11am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

If Lagos is not Yorubaland then is it Igalaland? Ijebus are Yorubas. Egbas are Yorubas, Awori are Yorubas. So, how it Lagos not Yorubaland again? If you don't have something tangible to contribute better keep kwayet before exposing your ignorance or low iq.

Your brain is paining you.

My answer:
Stoplying:

Wrong! Yoruba are migrants to Lagos. Yoruba is not even a homogeneous group, it is made up of many ethnicities who agreed to carry the yoruba tag upon themselves. The name Yoruba actually comes from yarr.iba which is the first name under which oyo kingdom was written down.
Over the years, many groups of people including slave returnees from America took the tag upon themselves.
As I already said, the demography of Lagos has been changing drastically since the British took it over from Benin empire/kingdom. Heavy migration into Lagos took place under the British and in the colonial era, and it is still going on.
Lagos has a population of 20 million people, the actual indigenous people of Lagos are nowhere near 20 million.
What I don't understand is when some migrants (Yoruba) try to hijack Lagos and claim they are the indigenous people of Lagos ! That is a lie, they are migrants like the haussa and the Igbo and the guys from Benin Republic...

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:12am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

Let me guess, you are actually not even a true Lagosian.
Lagos was part of Benin empire/kingdom. The true Lagosians are brothers of Edo people.

I am from Isale Eko. Edos are NOT my brothers. Lagos was NEVER part of any stupid edo village empire. STOP smoking colorado or your brain is paining you.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:13am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

I am from Isale Eko. Edos are NOT my brothers. Lagos was NEVER part of any stupid edo village empire. STOP smoking colorado or your brain is paining you.
I showed you proof, yet you are still arguing to the contrary.
Did you witness your ancestors from 6 generations ago ?
How do you know they didn't migrate from Brazil ?
I even doubt that your grand parents were born in Lagos.
The problem with people like you is lack of education, you believe you know your ancestors whom you never met, you don't understand that you can't see through time. You think you know everything.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:16am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:
My answer:

Your brain is REALLY paining you. The first settlers in Lagos were Ijebu (Yoruba). The second settlers were Aworis (Yoruba) and the 3rd settlers were Egbas (Yoruba). After the outlawing of transatlantic slavery, the Ijebus, Aworis and Egbas then accepted returnee slaves from Liberia and Sierria Leone. These returnees DECIDED to become Yoruba because many of them believe that they were taken from Yorubaland.

Whatever nonsense you're spewing is just that, absolute nonsense! Go and siddon!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by ddeola: 1:16am On Jun 09, 2023
Respect the law

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:20am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

I showed you proof, yet you are still arguing to the contrary.
Did you witness your ancestors from 6 generations ago ?
How do you know they didn't migrate from Brazil ?
I even doubt that your grand parents were born in Lagos.

Bro, my people did not migrate from any Brazil. And even the Lagosians that migrated from Brazil like the Martins family have fully embraced Yoruba tag. I have ZERO connection to ANY Edo bastard. Lagos is for Yoruba people. This is the reason why the returnees embraced Yoruba culture and 'became' Yoruba. Lagos is not multi-ethnic. Lagos is purely Yoruba. There is no Edo or Ebow connection to who we are. STOP famzing, its embarrassing!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:22am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Your brain is REALLY paining you. The first settlers in Lagos were Ijebu (Yoruba). The second settlers were Aworis (Yoruba) and the 3rd settlers were Egbas (Yoruba).
1)Now tell me how you got to know who the "first settlers" were ? Do you have a time traveling machine?
2) the jebus didn't consider themselves as Yoruba until late in the colonial era, they saw Yoruba as inferior and didn't let Yoruba into Jebuland.
3) egbas are a bunch of runaway slaves who established Abeokuta in the 1830's
4) what we know is that Lagos was part of Benin, there is proof for that and I showed it to you.
5) your claims however are ridiculous and mostly unverifiable (the ones which can be verified are easily proven false)
6) the egbas migrated into Lagos after the British had taken Lagos away from the Oba of Benin.
7) the jebus were vassals of Benin
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:22am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

I showed you proof,

Your useless 'proof' says Edo has a trading post. Ordinary trading post? By the logic, Britain should lay has far more right to claim Lagos than Edo. How can an Edo man cross Ondo and Ogun state to come and say he's an indigene in Lagos? Shey your brain dey leak brain fluid ni?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Omoboricash(m): 1:23am On Jun 09, 2023
Dozie32:
Yorubas are the problems we are facing in this country
How can share more light sir

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Daniego(m): 1:23am On Jun 09, 2023
PlayerMeji:
This fool that got himself burned still thinks he has something to say to people...

I think Yorubas has respect to their elders! Are you one of them?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:24am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Your useless 'proof' says Edo has a trading post. Ordinary trading post?
Nope, my proofs say Lagos belongs to Benin.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:26am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

1)Now tell me how you got to know who the "first settlers" were ? Do you have a time traveling machine?
2) the jebus didn't consider themselves as Yoruba until late in the colonial era, they saw Yoruba as inferior and didn't let Yoruba into Jebuland.
3) egbas are a bunch of runaway slaves who established Abeokuta in the 1830's
4) what we know is that Lagos was part of Benin, there is proof for that and I showed it to you.
5) your claims however are ridiculous and mostly unverifiable.
6) the egbas migrated into Lagos after the British had taken Lagos away from the Oba of Benin.

STOP typing rubbish. We know our history. Go and ask the Ijebus IF they're Yorubas before you run your useless Edo mouth.
Egbas consider themselves Yorubas. If you like call them slaves with your rotten Edo mouth, that's your business.
'Proof' that the Aworis allowed Bini to have a mere trading post is NOT evidence that Edos are Lagosians. To be a Lagos indigene you HAVE to be Yoruba. If not you're wasting your time.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:27am On Jun 09, 2023
I've got to say this: yorubas are extremely tribalistic and fanatical. Tinubu becoming president seems to have made them even worse.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:28am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

HOW? You crossed Ondo state then Ogun state to become indigene in Lagos? You're mad! Do you know the location of Edo vis a vis Lagos? Do you know basic geography?

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:29am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

STOP typing rubbish. We know our history.
How ? You think history is transmitted through DNA ?
You are not educated enough to even understand what the word history means.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Gentew(m): 1:31am On Jun 09, 2023
Raf4:
This guy has totally buried his political career. What is wrong in legislating a law that will protect the indigenes of an area? Truly, this guy is an agent of a hidden agenda being orchestrated by some unscrupulous elements.
Almost every state in the South did something similar against Fulani's ruga. Some northern states did something similar (shariah law) to protect their religion. Why all this hullabaloo when it comes to Lagos State?

Try to understand our yeastern brothers,

Their land is barren, they are landlocked, their land is insecure, they have nowhere and nothing in the yeast to be proud of. So lagos is their only hope!!!

They are more secure in the hand of Lagos Agberos than Yeastern IPOB/UNKNOWN GUNMEN. They can freely sell their gala in traffic in lagos than in the yeast because no Agbero will tell them to sit at home every Monday.

You'll notice that it is only the yeastern people complaining about the law, no other tribe complained.

Take it easy with them biko!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:31am On Jun 09, 2023
Dozie32:
Igbos are the problems we are facing in this country

Great point!

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:31am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

HOW? You crossed Ondo state then Ogun state to become indigene in Lagos?
You think this is the first time a Yoruba responds like this in this topic ? You can't even formulate your own question ? You need to go to talking points?
Dude, I gave you a Precolonial map, look at it, it shows you what Benin looked like in the precolonial era, and Lagos was part of it. Truth hurts. Deal with it.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by koresh: 1:32am On Jun 09, 2023
kingsways:
An Indian is British Prime Minister

A Pakistani is Mayor of London

Even a Yoruba man is a Mayor in Colorado

And Yet some stewpid Speaker want to pass some stewpid bill to protect his own stewp
SO idity

So those countries sent have indigenous law that protect them. All these yahoo Boyz without information garat.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:33am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:
I've got to say this: Igbos are extremely tribalistic and fanatical. Peter Obi losing the presidency to Tinubu seems to have made them even worse.

Great point!

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

Why is it that you never see Edo claim they own Lagos but some ipig from the east?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by tsdarkside(m): 1:34am On Jun 09, 2023
Sunnyski:

Shut your floppy mouth if you have nothing reasonable to say.

Just imagine if all the SS and SE in youruba 😂 especially Legos 😂 decide to leave... What you will have is a cemetery.

dont add us south southerners to your wahala....

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:35am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

How ? You think history is transmitted through DNA ?
You are not educated enough to even understand what the word history means.

Keep kwayet! or tell me how Edo crossed Ondo state then Ogun state to get to Lagos and all of a sudden the useless Edo person is an indigene of Lagos.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:38am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

You think this is the first time a Yoruba responds like this in this topic ? You can't even formulate your own question ? You need to go to talking points?
Dude, I gave you a Precolonial map, look at it, it shows you what Benin looked like in the precolonial era, and Lagos was part of it. Truth hurts. Deal with it.

Even if I take your useless map at face value, so the British should lay claim to half of the world then. Since the British Empire extended to almost half of the world.

Like I said your brain is paining you. Your logical center is dead. And you're incapable of engaging in logical discussion!

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:38am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

STOP typing rubbish. We know our history. Go and ask the Ijebus IF they're Yorubas before you run your useless Edo mouth.
Egbas consider themselves Yorubas. If you like call them slaves with your rotten Edo mouth, that's your business.
'Proof' that the Aworis allowed Bini to have a mere trading post is NOT evidence that Edos are Lagosians. To be a Lagos indigene you HAVE to be Yoruba. If not you're wasting your time.
I speak facts and prove them, you go against what I have proven and keep claiming unsubstantiated claims Including claims contradicting proven facts.
You are a fanatic, many yorubas are like this nowadays. It seems tinubu being elected has hurt you people's brains.
Let me just give you an other lecture: awani is not a tribe, it is one of the names of Lagos.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by bdon123(m): 1:38am On Jun 09, 2023
This people really wanna bring down d economy of their state.
Well i support d law,d whole naija don kuku understand yoruba man character now...tribalistic
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:41am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

I speak facts and prove them, you go against what I have proven and keep claiming unsubstantiated claims I clouding claims contradicting proven facts.
You are a fanatic, many yorubas are like this nowadays. It seems tinubu being elected has hurt you people's brains.
Let me just give you a n other lecture: awani is not a tribe, it is one of the names of Lagos.

Keep kwayet! or tell me why the British can not lay claim to half the world. Since their empire extended to almost half the world. Answer simple logical question or shut da fvck up!

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:41am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Even if I take your useless map at face value, so the British should lay claim to half of the world then. Since the British Empire extended to almost half of the world.

Like I said your brain is paining you. Your logical center is dead. And you're incapable of engaging in logical discussion!
1) My claim: Lagos was part of Benin empire.
I provide proof.
2) your claim: ijebu were the first settlers.
You provide no proof
3) but somehow I'm the idiot here 🤣
4) I act on what is known, and what is known is that Lagos was part of Benin. All the rest is fantasy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari And Dele Momodu Pictured Together In London As They Support Buhari / U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement / Protesters Flood UK Embassy Abuja, Insist UK Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53