Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes (43695 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / No Man’s Land: Rhodes Vivour Cautions Obasa Against Divisive Laws / Amotekun Proposed Law: Wale Fapohunda Says Personnel Will Have Powers To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by vee22: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
Are they real lagosians men from kwara and ekiti wants to claim lagos by force
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

But they are Yorubas aren't they?
We don't discriminate with states or religion
We have marriages between Muslims and Christians
Traditional worshippers and Christians.

That's why obi failed woefully when he went to Ekiti and told them to vote against tinubu cos of Muslim Muslim ticket not knowing there are Muslims in every family there.

Go back to alaigbo and continue your discrimination about Osu caste, Abia vs Ebonyi , Anglican vs catholic etc
we are discussing about lagos state Speaker nonsense law and not religion. Dont bring religion to our conversation.

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by damkin24(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I just can't ignore this anymore The guy who is proposing the law most be a a big time psychopath

This sorta things is some how childish, i mean like when you tryna play with his/her toy and he/she started vibrating and crying saying you wanna take his toy from him grin

After many tribes that come from their respectful states has made lagos what it has became. some people want to start some sorta useless Tribalism, seriously this is highly stupid and foolish if you ask me

But what did i know
Let all those tribes that came to develop Lagos go back their states and develop them as well. You can't call one's land a no man's land and expect the person to smile with you. You can't take such as well

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by walebliss(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
This nigga is out to cause trouble. He will get it tripled soon. .
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by INDOMIE9090(f): 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
vee22:
Are they real lagosians men from kwara and ekiti wants to claim lagos by force
as long as they are yoruba,no issue.
All yoruba from other SW state have right to claim Lagos.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Dzzzz: 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2023
Who is a Lagos indigene ?

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:
we are discussing about lagos state Speaker nonsense law and not religion. Dont bring religion to our conversation.
It's not nonsense
There will be consequences for the failed coup in Lagos.
Zamfara, Kaduna, and katsina are ready to welcome any ibo willing to relocate from Lagos.
Since it's a taboo to live in alaigbo

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jayhome24: 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ok Vipour but the law will be pass regardless your opinion Mr Vipour.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

Dey sleep for there
Ooni
Prof Soyinka
Pastor Adeboye
Oba of Benin when he congratulated Tinubu.
Etc

You people should start looking for plan B cos it's over.
What we've tolerated and indulge you people on are what the Northerners kill you people on at the slightest provocation
Oga your Governor and his Speaker are only doing this because of the result and the Gap that LP take gap your APC in the presidential election, you people are trying to pass a law that will frustrate other tribes living in Lagos because LP have now open lagosians eyes that APC can be defeated in lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by damkin24(m): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
kingsways:
An Indian is British Prime Minister

A Pakistani is Mayor of London

Even a Yoruba man is a Mayor in Colorado

And Yet some stewpid Speaker want to pass some stewpid bill to protect his own stewpidity
How many Yoruba people had been a councilor in the entire Ibo land?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by webizone(m): 11:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
Well I just changed my signature to reflect something. Let them pass the law fast fast.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by EngGandalf: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
Everybody is welcome in Lagos, but it’s a YORUBA land.
How hard is this for people?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
²
Jostoman:
Oga your Governor and his Speaker are only doing this because of the result and the Gap that LP take gap your APC in the presidential election, you people are trying to pass a law that will frustrate other tribes living in Lagos because LP have now open lagosians eyes that APC can be defeated in lagos.
What gap?
Gap of 10k after rigging?

There's no law that states that only APC must rule in Lagos.
Any yoruba can rule Lagos, regardless of the party

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

It's not nonsense
There will be consequences for the failed coup in Lagos.
Zamfara, Kaduna, and katsina are ready to welcome any ibo willing to relocate from Lagos.
Since it's a taboo to live in alaigbo
LP have Open the eyes of lagosians that APC and those that are holding the destiny of lagosian for 24 years can be defeated.

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by webizone(m): 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
updatechange:
Ripple effect of the “No man’s land crew” grin

I don change my signature. I don update am.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alaigbomaster:
²
What gap?
Gap of 10k after rigging?

There's no law that states that only APC must rule in Lagos.
Any yoruba can rule Lagos, regardless of the party
which 10k? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:
which 10k? grin
Ok, you can remind us of the Lagos result again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 11:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:
LP have Open the eyes of lagosians that APC and those that are holding the destiny of lagosian for 24 years can be defeated.
How are they holding the destiny of Lagosians?

If that's destiny holding, then all the eastern states would kill to have such opportunity

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by lawani: 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Land sales should be banned and rent controlled at five percent of cost of construction. Why should you sell something bequeathed to you by your forebears?. It makes no sense. Anybody or government can build but on partnership basis. Land should be held indefinitely by land owning families. It will reduce rent and calm the economy. After all buying land does not make the land yours. If a Hausa buy the whole of Awori land, it still remains Awori land with an Awori King. The idea of selling land is unethical. What are you leaving for your coming generation?. Then all states should promote local languages, else those languages will soon be lost. We are not English men. It only appear so because of Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:05am On Jun 09, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I just can't ignore this anymore The guy who is proposing the law most be a a big time psychopath

This sorta things is some how childish, i mean like when you tryna play with his/her toy and he/she started vibrating and crying saying you wanna take his toy from him grin

After many tribes that come from their respectful states has made lagos what it has became. some people want to start some sorta useless Tribalism, seriously this is highly stupid and foolish if you ask me

But what did i know
Nigeria still uses origin not residence that u came to Lagos and did things change nothing ok... Even in Europe indigenes and aboriginals are protected

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 12:07am On Jun 09, 2023
Imagine someone whose ancestors were Liberian slaves lecturing Ijebus, Egbas and Aworis about Lagos indigeneship. If Yorubas were not accomodating would they have welcomed your great grandfather and accepted him as an indigene?

Yet, you allow your mother's people to push you into hating the same Yoruba people. So, this is why they were crying for so long after you lost woefully to sanwo olu? They wanted to use you to hand over Yoruba heritage to your mother's people.

God pass all of una. Eni ku re!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Oluwasolaa3: 12:15am On Jun 09, 2023
How many councellors they allow to contest in portharcourt or river state? Go to nigeria history ibo people are the one who finished this country, it's true nigeria is one, but........

2 Likes

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 09, 2023
Raf4:

Even Dangote with huge investments, in trillions of naira, is not making an fuss about it. So far, it's only the chestbeating economic immigrants that have been unnecesarily perturbed.

A bastard will always be a bastard. If he can attributes a statement made by Baba Adeboye as 'typical Yoruba' statement, there is no way he will not complain about the law being proposed to protect the indigenous people.

The indigenous Abuja, Nassarawa, Niger & Plateau people in future will have a need for this legislation. Already, about 50% of Ilorin is gone to these traders.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by bayelsaowei(m): 12:20am On Jun 09, 2023
true2god:
Hope the law will protect big Yoruba churches so that non-Yorubas will no longer attend.

I hope the law will also prevent non-Yorubas from marrying Yorubas and vice versa.

I hope the law will also make sure that Yorubas will attends only Yorubas owned shools and hospitala vice versa.

I hope the lwas will also make sure that all the oil companies head offices relocate back to Nigwrdelta, their operation base.

The lwas should be all encompassing.
don't mind the idiot...

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by bayelsaowei(m): 12:21am On Jun 09, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
A law that will speedily accelerate Regional government and resource control. I pray it comes to pass. I so much like that law to be put in place.
well that's an upside...
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by BENEAMATA: 12:24am On Jun 09, 2023
Come to think of it , if i see an agbero looking like this gbadebo with such intense stare , i'll hurriedly walk away from him 'cos his type go get " CHIN chin " for head ! Oh , his real name is chine . . . . .
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by BENEAMATA: 12:25am On Jun 09, 2023
babaolofin:

A bastard will always be a bastard. If he can attributes a statement made by Baba Adeboye as 'typical Yoruba' statement, there is no way he will not complain about the law being proposed to protect the indigenous people.

The indigenous Abuja, Nassarawa, Niger & Plateau people in future will have a need for this legislation. Already, about 50% of Ilorin is gone to these traders.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by BENEAMATA: 12:27am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
Imagine someone whose ancestors were Liberian slaves lecturing Ijebus, Egbas and Aworis about Lagos indigeneship. If Yorubas were not accomodating would they have welcomed your great grandfather and accepted him as an indigene?

Yet, you allow your mother's people to push you into hating the same Yoruba people. So, this is why they were crying for so long after you lost woefully to sanwo olu? They wanted to use you to hand over Yoruba heritage to your mother's people.

God pass all of una. Eni ku re!
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Cloudflare: 12:35am On Jun 09, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Exactly, I see nothing wrong in a people protecting their own interest, after all UK Canada etc do have such laws.

I will only have a rethink if the Edo man, tiv ,Hausa , itsekiri etc make a fuss. So far nobody from those places even care about any law or no law.

Dude, over here in Edo state we don't care about such laws. The law is a stupid one, the guy who proposed the law is equally high on weed. Hence we binis don't really care about it. Imagine Edo state having such laws, you think there would be any Yoruba in Edo state? Dude, that law is a stupid one and makes no sense

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by vee22: 1:03am On Jun 09, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
as long as they are yoruba,no issue.
All yoruba from other SW state have right to claim Lagos.
Then these are the real colonizers real lagos indegenes should be afraid of they are tge once calling lagos no mans land i support the law but it should be for the original owners of the states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:04am On Jun 09, 2023
babaolofin:

It seems you don't understand.
The guy proposing the law is also claiming "Lagos is Yorubaland" ! That is not true at all, Yoruba are no different from other migrants in Lagos !
This begs the question: who does the speaker identify as indigenous to Lagos? And the answers seems to be "every Yoruba".
Now how an ethnic champion managed to get to that position baffles me.
Actual indigenous people of Lagos are tired of the apparent colonization of their land by the Yoruba.

Lagos is not a "no man's land" and Lagos is not "Yorubaland" ! Ethnic bigots should never get to these kinds of positions, they will only start a civil war!

2 Likes

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:07am On Jun 09, 2023
Cloudflare:

Dude, over here in Edo state we don't care about such laws. The law is a stupid one, the guy who proposed the law is equally high on weed. Hence we binis don't really care about it. Imagine Edo state having such laws, you think there would be any Yoruba in Edo state? Dude, that law is a stupid one and makes no sense

What is in Edo to protect? Edo is a glorified village. We're talking of Lagos. The 6th largest economy in Africa. Lagos no be Edo, as you people say!

7 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Enyinnaya Abaribe Asked Buhari To Resign As President (Video) / Arms & Ammunitions Army Found In Southern Kaduna (Photos) / Olusegun Agagu’s Body Recovered In Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.