Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes (43701 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / No Man’s Land: Rhodes Vivour Cautions Obasa Against Divisive Laws / Amotekun Proposed Law: Wale Fapohunda Says Personnel Will Have Powers To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:43am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Keep kwayet! or tell me while the British are not laying claim to half the world. Since their empire extended to almost half the world. Answer simple logical question or shut da fvck up!
1) your basis for Yoruba laying claim to Lagos is just unsubstantiated stories.
2) my basis for Lagos being part of Benin is actual historical documents, proofs from the Precolonial era

Our arguments do not hold the same weight. Your arguments belong to a beer parlour, mine belong to a journal of history.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:44am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

1) My claim: Lagos was part of Benin empire.
I provide proof.
2) your claim: ijebu were the first settlers.
You provide no proof
3) but somehow I'm the idiot here 🤣
4) I act on what is known, and what is known is that Lagos was part of Benin. All the rest is fantasy.

Dude, are you saying that Edos were the first settlers in Lagos? So, Edo crossed Ondo state then crossed Ogun state to find Lagos completed empty with no Yoruba people. This is your narrative. That's why I say you're incapable of engaging in logic discourse. Rest! STOP embarrassing yourself.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:46am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Dude, are you saying that Edos were the first settlers in Lagos?
Where did I say that ?
Your lack of intellect is pushing you to see visions.
There is no way to know which group was the "first settler". You are just not smart enough to understand this.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:47am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

Where did I say that ?

So rest. Edos are not indigenes. Case closed. Go and look for another thing to discuss.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by updatechange(m): 1:47am On Jun 09, 2023
webizone:

I don change my signature. I don update am.

E go soon clear for ya eyes 👀😂
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:48am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

So rest. Edos are not indigenes. Case closed. Go and look for another thing to discuss.
There is no way to know which group was the "first settler". You are just not smart enough to understand this.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by CaptainFM1: 1:51am On Jun 09, 2023
BlackAdams007:
Every state should have that law.

I think it's a discriminatory law. Every Nigerian should be able to aspire for anything within the length and breadth of Nigeria. The constitution is supreme.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by MechanicMike: 1:52am On Jun 09, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I just can't ignore this anymore The guy who is proposing the law most be a a big time psychopath

This sorta things is some how childish, i mean like when you tryna play with his/her toy and he/she started vibrating and crying saying you wanna take his toy from him grin

After many tribes that come from their respectful states has made lagos what it has became. some people want to start some sorta useless Tribalism, seriously this is highly stupid and foolish if you ask me

But what did i know

good question: wot do u no?......bro u no $hit coz you talkin pure $hit sir.....if u know better then why u not in government?... everyone suddenly becomes political expat during election period s...I BEGGGGGY!!!!((no offenscce)) angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:52am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

So, Edo crossed Ondo state then crossed Ogun state to find Lagos completed empty with no Yoruba people. This is your narrative. That's why I say you're incapable of engaging in logic discourse. Rest! STOP embarrassing yourself.
You seem to like to put words in my mouth.
Instead of claiming I'm saying something, why don't you address what I actually say ?
I have already shown you Precolonial maps and texts which show clearly that Lagos was part of Benin, but it seems you still believe it is open for debate.
By the way, the name yarr.ibz only came to being in 1808, whereas maps from the 1400's already show Lagos as being part of Benin. Therefore, Lagos being part of Benin predates the existence of Yoruba.

My claim is simple and proven: Lagos was part of Benin and it went straight from Benin to the British. There is nobody who has a better claim on Lagos then Benin.
As for your "first settler" nonsense, it is just an other Yoruba fairytale like the magical oduduwa falling from the sky with a golden parachute.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:52am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

Lagos is COMPLETELY bordered by Ogun, Ondo and the Atlantic ocean. Guess which people where the first settlers in Lagos? Only Yorubas or Atlantic Fish can be Lagos indigene.

I have said it before, your IQ is too low. You're not capable of logical discourse. Rest!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:54am On Jun 09, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I think it's a discriminatory law. Every Nigerian should be able to aspire for anything within the length and breadth of Nigeria. The constitution is supreme.

First go and remove the Sharia laws in Northern Nigeria. Then the anti-Ruga law in MANY states in Nigeria. Then, you come and tell us Lagos indigenes what is discriminatory and what to do about our state.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by seeyounow2: 1:56am On Jun 09, 2023
he is young he does not know his history..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBN2i5YwoA
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 1:56am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Lagos is COMPLETELY bordered by Ogun, Ondo and the Atlantic ocean. Guess which people where the first settlers in Lagos? Only Yorubas or Atlantic Fish can be Lagos indigene.

I have said it before, your IQ is too low. You're not capable of logical discourse. Rest!
So you believe that in the 1400's there was such s thing as Ogun state ?
You don't seem to understand that the demography of the past is not necessarily identical to the current demography.
This goes to show your total lack of awareness about the notion of time.
Once again, I gave you Precolonial maps showing Lagos as being part of Benin, I give them again below.
Why do you keep arguing an already proven fact ?

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:59am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

So you believe that in the 1400's there was such s thing as Ogun state ?
You don't seem to understand that the demography of the past is not necessarily identical to the current demography

The borders are new but the land and the people are as old as time. Again, you keep exposing your low IQ and inability to engage in basic logic.

If you're NOT an Atlantic fish or Yoruba, you're NOT a Lagos indigene!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 2:01am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

The borders are new but the land and the people are as old as time. Again, you keep exposing your low IQ and inability to engage in basic logic.

If you're NOT an Atlantic fish or Yoruba, you're NOT a Lagos indigene!
Abeokuta was created around 1830, so according to you, time doesn't go prior to 1830 ?

I guess you thought you were smart. But you are just an ordinary fanatic, not smart at all.

The arrogance is always what I find funny, you have a guy with almost no knowledge and poor thinking skills with the arrogance of a Nobel prize winner. Why ? These Yoruba fanatics are really a special case.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 2:04am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

Abeokuta was created around 1830, do according to you, time doesn't go prior to 1830 ?

I guess you thought you were smart. But you are just an ordinary fanatic, not smart at all.

So, before 1830 there were no people living in Abeokuta? Again, you're very slow. And your inability to engage logically is quite astounding!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by IamAsiri: 2:04am On Jun 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He is playing. When he was switching names from Chinedu to Gbadebo, yet can not speak a single correct complete sentence in Yoruba, insults Yoruba, Yoruba Leaders and Yoruba land on the social media, he did not know the Yoruba see his game. Smh.

He has lost the moral ground and it is in order to conclude that Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour is not Yoruba. It is unfortunate that characters like him misrepresented the silent minority of Igbo who remain patriotic and do not like the way Igbo like him are riling up their Yoruba hosts.

Here is a soft reminder to him that the law of reciprocity is a legitimate demand to stop the politics of hate,lies and bigotry every four four years.

Benefits of Law of Reciprocity
https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law

The benefits are too numerous and sustainable.

Jobs will be more abundant to the Yoruba natives at home and away from home.

This reciprocity policy will help provide jobs and social benefits to all Yoruba in other states especially if this policy of reciprocity is adopted by all the southwest states.

It will equally help draw mostly talents and less of lazy or criminal elements to the Southwest from the South East which in turn will help improve the economy of Yoruba states and Yoruba living outside SW, especially in Igboland.

The Yoruba need the jobs here at home too and those resident in Igboland should benefit from jobs in Igboland so that the same privileges the Igbo benefit here in Yorubaland their govts are giving with reciprocity to the Yoruba.

Our economy in SW will grow in leaps and bounds with the policy reciprocity.

The State Executive councils and state Houses of Assembly in the South West should formulate an effecrive strategy and laws to domesticate the policy of reciprocity in their states like they did with the Amotekun law.

A more radical variant of this pragmatic policy was adopted and implemented by the Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Ibrahim Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto-led Northern Nigeria government in the 1st republic . It was very effective to quickly help Northern Nigeria ramp up human capacity and infrastructural development before the Premier's life was terminated violently on January 15, 1966.

Conclusion

Yoruba should not cheat Igbo and Igbo should not cheat Yoruba. Enough of this politics of lies, hate and bigotry every 4 years.

Reciprocity is the way out.

LAGOS GUBER & PLIGHT OF IGBOS: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution

Background

For weeks leading to the elections till now, I notice a profound tension and apprehension from the majority section of Igbo who do not respect and appreciate the warm reception they enjoy in Lagos. Please note that a minority of Igbo in Lagos are not part of the unappreciative tendencies fuelling the hostility the Yoruba now have against the Igbo in Lagos.

Since 1999, Lagos state government from under Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (1999-2007) till date has been giving free education , free health and employment to our Igbo visitors in Lagos like the Yoruba natives since we are all Nigerians.

This is no longer sustainable without reciprocity before it is too late as real danger looms. https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law

Is this about Yoruba and Igbo or Yoruba and people of other tribes? And how comfortable will you be if this law is also enacted in Abuja (since it is a Northern state)?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 2:09am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

So, before 1830 there were no people living in Abeokuta? Again, you're very slow. And your inability to engage logically is quite astounding!
At least try and add some variety to your insults. By now everybody reading our exchange knows I'm several academic levels above you.
And look, I've just told you Abeokuta was created around 1830, your new question is bizarre.
A bunch of runaway slaves ran to the current location of Abeokuta and established a settlement there around 1830, do I need to make a drawing for you to understand?

ABEOKUTA WAS CREATED AROUND 1830 !
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by sulaak(m): 2:09am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

Let me guess, you are actually not even a true Lagosian.
Lagos was part of Benin empire/kingdom. The true Lagosians are brothers of the people of Edo-state.

Nigeria was once part of British Empire, are the true Nigerian brother of the British.

Dummy use your brain

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 2:11am On Jun 09, 2023
Some Europeans actually witnessed the creation of Abeokuta and wrote about it. But arrogant ignoramuses just don't understand this.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TakeNigeriaBack: 2:12am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

At least try and add some variety to your insults. By now everybody reading our exchange knows I'm several academic levels above you.
And look, I've just told you Abeokuta was created around 1830, your new question is bizarre.
A bunch of runaway slaves ran to the current location of Abeokuta and established a settlement there around 1830, do I need to make a drawing for you to understand?

ABEOKUTA WAS CREATED AROUND 1830 !

When was Edo state created? Where there people in Edo state before it was created? You're a low IQ fool, you're more than a million levels below my intellectual level.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 2:15am On Jun 09, 2023
sulaak:

Nigeria was once part of British Empire, are the true Nigerian brother of the British.
Dummy use your brain

Wales and Scotland are part of the UK, does (or doesn't) that make the Welsh and the Scottish brothers?
When you reason like a 6 year old and believe you are Albert Einstein.

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 2:19am On Jun 09, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

When was Edo state created? Where there people in Edo state before it was created? You're a low IQ fool, you're more than a million levels below my intellectual level.
🤣
Edo-state is not a Precolonial entity, it was created in the 1990's. I guess you wanted to say Benin kingdom/empire, but you are just not intelligent nor educated enough to see the distinction. Benin kingdom/empire was witnessed in the 1400's by europeans.
It is good that you are following my instructions to innovate your insult game. But that shows whose boss, doesn't it? Besides you failed at being original in your new insults.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by sharpsecret: 2:27am On Jun 09, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/no-mans-land-rhodes-vivour-condemns-obasas-proposed-law-to-protect-lagos-indigenes/
you can't eat your cake and still have it...instead proposing a law that won't work in the so called one Nigeria(cos their is no legal backing to it...why not fight for oduduwa republic or support Biafra that way you guys won't need all this laws...but on a one Nigeria make nobody wine me...if you wan sell land I go buy nothing concern me

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 2:32am On Jun 09, 2023
sharpsecret:
you can't eat your cake and still have it...instead proposing a law that won't work in the so called one Nigeria(cos their is no legal backing to it...why not fight for oduduwa republic or support Biafra that way you guys won't need all this laws...but on a one Nigeria make nobody wine me...if you wan sell land I go buy nothing concern me
If Nigeria were to divide, Lagos would be a country of its own and one of the biggest in West Africa, and it will be multiethnic.
Also I don't believe in Biafra or oduduwa because you guys keep adding other people's lands into it without consultation of the people.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Ade3131: 2:35am On Jun 09, 2023
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters did he make sense?

Sense no make am to the guy.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Dozie32(m): 2:37am On Jun 09, 2023
Padipadi:

Maybe you should declare a genocide against them. Bite more than you can chew.
All of you are now mad. The north is no longer your problem. It's now Southwest.

Go and tell your parents that they're all mad.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by obayemi204(m): 2:42am On Jun 09, 2023
Blaze14k:

Do Canada have ethnic tension that exist in nigeria? Talk more of united states

Yes. Canada does. Always get your facts right.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Ade3131: 2:48am On Jun 09, 2023
IamAsiri:

Is this about Yoruba and Igbo or Yoruba and people of other tribes? And how comfortable will you be if this law is also enacted in Abuja (since it is a Northern state)?

Lemme begin by telling you that as it stands today, Abuja is a federal capital territory of Nigeria, and it remains the only state that does not vote in a governor. By contrast, Lagos state vote in its governors, and what that means is that while Abuja might have it's own indigenous people, the state is the only territory in Nigeria that can be called a no-man's-land (for Nigerians), but there's a boundary to that too bcuz the law recognizes that they're natives whose ancestral land is Abuja.

The natives of Abuja cannot come to Lagos and say it's a no-man's-land bcuz by law, it belongs to some people and they vote in their governor here.

Anyway you look at it, just tell yourself that it is Lagos that is making law to protect their natives. I'm not a Lagosian although I live there. Their laws, their problem. If any non-Lagosian have an issue with how they decide their thing here, they're 35 other states in Nigeria. The law is not targeting anybody order than their indigenous people, so I don't know what the fuss is all about.

They are not making laws for another state. They're making laws for their state. Whoever have a problem with that might need to explain himself in the court of law.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by AfonjaScud: 2:50am On Jun 09, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I just can't ignore this anymore The guy who is proposing the law most be a a big time psychopath

This sorta things is some how childish, i mean like when you tryna play with his/her toy and he/she started vibrating and crying saying you wanna take his toy from him grin

After many tribes that come from their respectful states has made lagos what it has became. some people want to start some sorta useless Tribalism, seriously this is highly stupid and foolish if you ask me

But what did i know

Bunkum, no sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Lands In Osogbo Ahead Of Saturday's Governorship Election(photos) / Ambode Insists On Removing Yellow Buses (Danfo) From Lagos Roads / Presidential Election Results In Ogun - The Nation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.