Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,527 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa (48115 Views)

Magnitude 5.6 Earthquake Hits West Java Province, Indonesia. 56 Dead, 700 Injure / 5.3 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Zagreb, Croatia (Photos, Video) / Many Abandon Their Homes As Magnitude 5.7 Earthquake Hits Istanbul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by Alvin212(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Good to hear no life was lost. Meanwhile Tinubu is only trying to position his men for monumental and easy looting by sacking Emefiele and Kyari. Don't be deceived that he's fighting corruption. A thief will hardly probe other thieves. Let him probe Buhari govt completely and we will take him serious. Time will tell
ok

Of course Thienubu is a well know thief

3 Likes

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by JASONjnr(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2023
I don't know, but the least countries I will ever care about is South Africa and Ethiopia.

They hate their fellow Africans and be worshipping whites ......

They can go to hell......

6 Likes

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by BarrElChapo(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2023
Righteousness2:
The signs of the coming of JESUS CHRIST is hitting every book and cranny of the earth.

At the same time , Hundreds, thousands, millions and billions of humans are departing the earth and heading to Eternity on daily basis.

Listen!! The worst thing that can happen to any man or woman is to Depart this earth without JESUS Christ.

JESUS Christ is coming!
Make your ways right with JESUS.
Live in the Conciousness of your Eternity.
Everything on this earth is vanity ! You will not pick a dime to go with you to Eternity.
Heaven and Hell are real. Choose wisely.

Zukwanuike 🤦

1 Like

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by kaludestiny10(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2023
Thank God that no loss of life has been reported. Watching the video made me to have goosebumps. Thank God that we don't experience such natural disasters in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by Kay25(m): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Good to hear no life was lost. Meanwhile Tinubu is only trying to position his men for monumental and easy looting by sacking Emefiele and Kyari. Don't be deceived that he's fighting corruption. A thief will hardly probe other thieves. Let him probe Buhari govt completely and we will take him serious. Time will tell
Even ur obi won't prove buhari if he does then he should start with obj and let's see how strong he is

2 Likes

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by adegokenama: 9:23am On Jun 11, 2023
clockwisereport:

Can you please do me a favour?
Just shut up your mouth
same way demons will you to shut your own mouth too on the day of judgement....

1 Like

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by Okoroawusa: 9:24am On Jun 11, 2023
Righteousness2:
The signs of the coming of JESUS CHRIST is hitting every book and cranny of the earth.

At the same time , Hundreds, thousands, millions and billions of humans are departing the earth and heading to Eternity on daily basis.

Listen!! The worst thing that can happen to any man or woman is to Depart this earth without JESUS Christ.

JESUS Christ is coming!
Make your ways right with JESUS.
Live in the Conciousness of your Eternity.
Everything on this earth is vanity ! You will not pick a dime to go with you to Eternity.
Heaven and Hell are real. Choose wisely.
When you wan stop all these nonsense?
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2023
Mrfixiit:
are you normal? Isn't it constitutional for president to remove formal and appoint who he feel it's the best hands for him? So you expect him to work with saboteurs like Jonathan did? So that you can call him failure?

3 Likes

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by SeriouslySense(m): 9:26am On Jun 11, 2023
Earthquakes in South Africa since 1950
The strongest earthquake in South Africa happened on 09/29/1969 in the Cape Province region with a magnitude of 6.3 on the Richter scale. The shifting of tectonic plates in a depth of 32 km resulted in 12 deaths.

2 Likes

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by clockwisereport: 9:26am On Jun 11, 2023
adegokenama:

As PA to the demons wey you be

1 Like

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by iyke2frankeze: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2023
Just barely after siding with Russia? The Turkish minister who claimed there are weapons that can generate earthquake when it happened in Turkey was shut up by the International community but it is getting interesting.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by Mrfixiit: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2023
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
are you normal? Isn't it constitutional for president to remove formal and appoint who he feel it's the best hands for him? So you expect him to work with saboteurs like Jonathan did? So that you can call him failure?
I don't talk urchinss. Run along and locate your likes
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by adegokenama: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2023
clockwisereport:

As PA to the demons wey you be
as secretary to hell way you self be na
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by clockwisereport: 9:29am On Jun 11, 2023
adegokenama:
as secretary to hell way you self be na

Ode.
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by KingCold: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2023
That was really really frightening yoh shocked

1 Like

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by DaveHarry(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2023
Samantha124:
I was just watching the news now and it's kinda scary... Growing up we didn't know earthquakes could ever happen in this country... But now they're starting to happen more frequently.
What are you doing in our own forum?
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by WannaHowzit(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2023
Samantha124:
I was just watching the news now and it's kinda scary... Growing up we didn't know earthquakes could ever happen in this country... But now they're starting to happen more frequently.

Konje you're in Limpopo? I felt it in my sleep at 02:35 in the morning 🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️ Got up immediately.
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by PotatoSalad(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2023
adegokenama:
Day of which judgement?
You no go find something meaningful to do with your life. Dey wait for judgement.
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by adegokenama: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2023
clockwisereport:

Ode.
mumu
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by adegokenama: 9:31am On Jun 11, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Day of which judgement?
You no go find something meaningful to do with your life. Dey wait for judgement.
people like you don't go to church...I don't blame you.....if demons get your time....you won't be able to type a word this morning....
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:32am On Jun 11, 2023
Mrfixiit:
I swear to God I never support Tinubu, I never voted for him, I voted for LP, I'm also praying PO should reclaim his stolen mandate through court but that doesn't mean my brain should stop function like you. So get Sense, President have the right to remove and reappoint people into positions

2 Likes

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:32am On Jun 11, 2023
Mrfixiit:
I swear to God I never support Tinubu, I never voted for him, I voted for LP, I'm also praying PO should reclaim his stolen mandate through court but that doesn't mean my brain should stop function like you. So get Sense, President have the right to remove and reappoint people into positions.
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by WannaHowzit(m): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2023
KingCold:
That was really really frightening yoh shocked

Yeah it wasn't the normal mining tremors.
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by SeriouslySense(m): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2023
Earthquakes have been happening for a long time.
Samantha124:

1 Like

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by KingCold: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2023
JASONjnr:
I don't know, but the least countries I will ever care about is South Africa and Ethiopia.

They hate their fellow Africans and be worshipping whites ......

They can go to hell......
Well, that's ironic because everybody and their mama knows white worship is embedded in the Nigerian DNA, anyways we really don't care whether you care or not...it won't reverse the quakes
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by KingCold: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Yeah it wasn't the normal mining tremors.
it was definitely something else

1 Like

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 11, 2023
Well, as for me, personally speaking, I've never heard anything about earthquakes happening in SA growing up except in geography at school.

I used to watch the news everyday, but I only started hearing about earthquakes happening in SA back in 2017.

Maybe those that happened before weren't that serious.
SeriouslySense:
Earthquakes have been happening for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by mariovito(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2023
Seems earthquakes mostly occur around residential areas.

Rarely hear of quakes in the forests.
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by Angelfrost(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2023
This one struck closer to home...!
Re: Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 11, 2023
I'm currently in Durban... Apparently some people just felt their beds moving in the middle of the night.
WannaHowzit:

Konje you're in Limpopo? I felt it in my sleep at 02:35 in the morning 🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️ Got up immediately.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

44 Soldiers, 34 Police Officers Killed In Hamas Attack (Names & Photos) / 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III / Tension In Gabon As President Bongo Is Said To Be Of Nigerian Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.