Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,038 members, 7,835,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? (39144 Views)

My Cousins Wife Wants Me To Interfere Into Their Family Issues!!! / Nairalanders! I Caught My Late Uncle's Wife In The Act / How Do I Break A Blood Oath I Took With My Late Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by iCauseTrouble: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
grin
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by josephevergreen(m): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
I can't do that shiii👌
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Lexusgs430: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:
Pls something is really bothering my mind and I pray I will find good advice here.

I reside in Port-Harcourt about 1 and half years ago Iost my cousin. He died of heart attack. After his death, his wife has been getting closer to me, always calling me and visiting me and am still single. I have had failed relationships in the past. I have been so unlucky with the kind of ladies I met. They are always violent and disrespectful which I dislike so much.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. But now everyone like friends and family knows me and scared if I should make advances to her if they won't be saying things against me or should I just forget and look for another lady to marry.

Pls i need ur serious advise. She has fallen in love with me already.

Look elsewhere........ Many good ladies available.....

You're simply infatuated........
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by isan(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
cheesy omo weyrey wink
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by kareemkamil(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
Dem swell for u, abi woman don finish for Nigerian ney, abi na u killed ur cousin ney. Nawa ooo, wonder shall never end.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by emanobis(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
Discuss that with your father and uncles
Have u been bleeping her b4 Ur cousin died?
That's another big question to answer
That she's been very nice to Ur cousin and never had any problems with him means nothing
Since she has no kids is more reason for Ur family to let her make her own choice
Still having this feelings say u don dey make out with her once in a while.
All d same, consult your family elder
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Dedonrukky: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
It's complicated. You need to seriously pray about it before taking any decision.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by zolajpower: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nko nbe

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Hassan88(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
Marry her, you have God's blessings already! And mine, too...
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by SweetyZinta(f): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:
Pls something is really bothering my mind and I pray I will find good advice here.

I reside in Port-Harcourt about 1 and half years ago Iost my cousin. He died of heart attack. After his death, his wife has been getting closer to me, always calling me and visiting me and am still single. I have had failed relationships in the past. I have been so unlucky with the kind of ladies I met. They are always violent and disrespectful which I dislike so much.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. But now everyone like friends and family knows me and scared if I should make advances to her if they won't be saying things against me or should I just forget and look for another lady to marry.

In my own opinion, just do necessary medical tests such as genotype, fertility or St's and proceed. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by OnonujuChrist(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
The issue here is that you are having pitty on her seeing that she's fallen in love with you. Now the question is, do you like her enough to get married to her? If you can condone her excesses (I know we all have one) manage and understand her as a human, if so I wish you the best of luck as I see nothing in you getting married to her. Good luck!
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by goodness4ever(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
Go and look for your own wife.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by bendaniel1616: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
If you true love her , and you both know nothing about the death of the late husband, you can tell few of the elders in your family if they are good with it , you can relocate to another state and start a new life .

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by ledaman: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
Don't think of what people would say, if you guys are truly happy with each other, fucckk the world!
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by judedwriter(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Marriage is 100% your decision.

Even God cannot force you to marry or not.

But let love lead, do you really love her?

Never marry out of pity or pressure. The results can be devastating.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Towerex(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Well, I get your point because already you are in love with her. But even if your love and feelings for her is genuine, I will strongly advise you keep off. They are several women out there. Just marry someone else. Leave your cousins widow alone. Trust me no matter how deaf and hardened you feel you are,side talks will impact the relationship negatively. This won't be about you but about her. Women are very emotional. Talks get at them and you don't want to continually baby sit her in your bid to help her filter what she gabbage in and out of her head. On the other hand, for her to quickly make advances at you in just a year and half, something is definitely not right somewhere. Lastly, you will never help her perfectly heal. To help her heal perfectly, guide her to get another man and not you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Mccullum: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
There is no big deal about it, you can marry her so far you've not commenced

the relationship before the death of your cousin, let your family aware of it, for

endorsement of it, if they disagree, never try to marry her.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Babaibeji2020(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Well it seems you really love drama.....
If you go ahead with this your imagination, you will regret your actions. African culture & traditions are not as accommodating as the western clime. We've equally moved away from the archaic ideology of inheritance of bereaved spouses.
There're Lotta chicks out there, go get one for yourself. Your love for okrika clothes & shoes is playing out on your lust for a fairly used wife......
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Nahunger(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
Kingray10:
This guy don go find trouble
You leave vetting when you go vet her and consult your family if it's appropriate, you went to nairaland to consult people that are not even in a relationship for advice.
Here you go, them say na you kill the man...
grin grin grin grin

😂😂😂
First rule of becoming a nairalander
A man must be an alpha make
A woman must be a feminist (that still wants to eat a man's money, relax and be taken care of by a man)
Simp or perverts and gays

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by DukeNija(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Truth be told, there’s no moral or religious restriction to what you’re proposing, but I wouldn’t advise that you proceed.
Unfortunately in this part of the world, we perceive things differently than others and it might take it’s toll on the marriage. I personally think it’s too early for you both to pursue such interest so this is something you should ponder on. You can remain friends and give it some time.
I wonder why she’s too keen to remarry and start a new relationship with her late husband’s cousin less than 2 years after his demise. This is very odd and a huge red flag. Be careful.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by TrustedLawyer: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ordinarily, there is nothing wrong with your situation and intentions. However, I personally believe, you will do yourself a good favour to look for another woman.

All these talks about you being unfortunate in your past relationships are just excuses to justify this present relationship.

I foresee doom and gloom if you decide to go on this journey.

Becareful!!!!!
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Guyman01: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
Consult elders in your family before making your feelings known to her since she's already a member of your family

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by mechanics(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
You are related by blood, that's not possible.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Zedoo(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Don’t do it bruh.
Women always looking for the easy way out.
The next best familiar thing....

But hey, Cheers to your union.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Goalnaldo(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
I just came here for the violence.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by StreetFight: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
make talk no circulate say na you and the lady kill your late cousin o ,I don talk my own.

Na as e happen be that nah. Isn't it obvious?
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by amadil14(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Sure,
He has been having affairs with her
Sammy101111:
The way you type it shows that you both have been close together even when your cousin was alive and it shows that you’ve been having s€x with her don’t lie
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Alhari(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
It depends on the type of family set you guys come from and the type of mentality that circulates. If the nature of your cousin death is known to everyone in the family and it is establish that he died a natural death. You can relate it with the elders in the family, it isnt a bad idea in as much as the motive behind it is pure. It's part of tradition before in Nigeria but it's religion & civilization that made it look like like a crime or label such marriage with negative though. Please my brother if you truly have feelings for her biko and she also has for you, don't miss her because of what people will say, u aren't living to satisfy human which isn't possible.
saweide:

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by etimocity(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
something like this the always funny and make me reason so far. so if not that woman you would not look for another woman? or you think if she has been good to her late husband thinks would still work out and remain as it's.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Nobleou(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
I thought Africans are getting civilized...
How cometh the thought of amorous affair...?

Modified: Deep down you have done it with her in ya imagination
TUEH....
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Ten06(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Are you the one that killed him? That will be the question that will be on people's lips when you marry her
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by SaLongs1(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
If all you say is true then don't delay any longer but do the needful. Being a widow is not a crime and who would you want to take care of her with all the good character you have attributed to her other than yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How My House Maid Ayo Turned To Be My Sex Buddy / Heartbroken People Reveal The Extreme Ways They Got Back On Cheating Exes (Pics) / These Online Girls Are Not Beautiful In Real Life, Nigerian Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.