Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We (3160 Views)

Baghdad: Man Divorces His Wife At Wedding Reception Over Her Choice Of Song / Man Divorces Wife During Honeymoon After Seeing Her First Time Without Makeup – / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Akinjide2001(m): 8:22am On Jun 24, 2023
A marriage of only two days has come to an end as the newlywed husband has filed for a divorce, citing his wife’s disrespectful behavior towards his mother.

This story was shared by Nigerian zoologist Abdullah A Abdullah, who sought advice from netizens.

According to Abdullah’s account, the husband’s decision to seek a divorce was triggered by an incident that occurred during their wedding reception.

At that time, some guests from the groom’s mother’s side arrived when the available food was running out. The only remaining delicacy was a portion of food that the bride had set aside for her own parents.
The mother-in-law approached her daughter-in-law and discreetly requested some of the food to share with the newlyweds, as it seemed unfair for them to have nothing after traveling from afar.

However, the bride firmly refused, insisting that the food was meant solely for her parents.

Despite the mother-in-law’s pleas, the bride took back the food and poured it into the cooler. This action prompted the mother-in-law to slap her son’s wife, who retaliated in response. Although the husband learned about the altercation, he decided not to create a scene during the wedding reception. However, two days later, he filed for a divorce.

Abdullah mentioned that the divorce case is currently ongoing, and despite his mother’s appeals for forgiveness and reconciliation, the husband remains adamant in his decision.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2023
The man is still the one to lose, manchi out there give your girl belle before marriage na africa you dey, incase she mumu after marriage she too go carry her own package and you will atleast gain something.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by fourboys: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2023
Nice one

5 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2023
Nice one, I liked the man move, she should go back to her father's house ànd learn about home training.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by duro4chang(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2023
Everything was just too early. The slappings were too early, the divorce was just too early

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 8:40am On Jun 24, 2023
Is not too early, though it is also a bad one from the mother for slapping her but for the daughter in-law to retaliate back by slapping her is a bad omen. That girl is full of pride.
duro4chang:
Everything was just too early. The slapping was too early, the divorce was just too early

5 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by duro4chang(m): 8:42am On Jun 24, 2023
talented321:
Is not too early, though it is also a bad one from the mother for the slapping her but for the daughter in-law to retaliate back by slapping her is a bad omen. That girl is full of pride.
We see things differently.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by nokspos: 8:45am On Jun 24, 2023
makes no sense to me, I'm a man and i know most mother inlaw are intolerant to their son's wife , they see her as competitor or someone that has come to take her son away from her. You just have to balance both side with wisdom. divorcing her after two days makes no sense if this story is real

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by slowice(m): 8:47am On Jun 24, 2023
You must resist all forms of temptation on your wedding period.

The wife to be couldn't hide her character even for one day, she allowed anger to take charge and anger ruined her marriage eventually.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Vinnie2000(m): 8:52am On Jun 24, 2023
Why will a Lady slap her Mother-inlaw, even if she was slapped first? undecided

If a Soldier or Police Officer Slap her, Can she do that? 😕

So many Naija Ladies are so Uncultured and Wayward diz days,
No thanks to dating Yahoo Boys and Sugar Daddies. 😒☹️

The Guy should find way to settle the matter. smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 8:53am On Jun 24, 2023
To hell with him!
Why would the mother request for food meant for her parents to feed unserious guests who came late for the event? If the so called guest wanted to eat so badly, why didn't they come early to the party before food runs out since na food carry them come party.

If no be trouble she dey look for, why that particular food meant for the in-laws? That is a disrespect to the brides parents. It means they are not as important.

If the reverse was the case, they'll say the brides family are being disrespectful to the grooms parents for asking that their food be served to guests. Now she went ahead to slap a celebrant on her day just because of food and guests that will come and eat your food for free. She and her son are not serious. Make them let person hear word biko.

The bride should not beg them one bit! Some people just think they are doing you a favor by marrying you. I don't blame them, na some mumu ladies go dey do like say Dem wan die if Dem no see husband. Shey this one now na husband? Na marriage? Where my family will not be respected? Ta!

Let the bride breeeffffff, don't suffocate them. Lol..

7 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by donbachi(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2023
Gross disrespect

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Vinnie2000(m): 9:02am On Jun 24, 2023
talented321:
Is not too early, though it is also a bad one from the mother for slapping her but for the daughter in-law to retaliate back by slapping her is a bad omen. That girl is full of pride.

Most Ladies like to play Smart in Everything. sad

Personally, I have seen a Case Very similar to This.

During the wedding Reception, the Bride kept a Large Cooler of Jollof rice for her Family to carry home.
Then Kept a Average Foodflask size for the Family of her Husband (the Groom). shocked undecided

The Groom's sister got so Angry and wanted to go Fight the Bride but their Mother (the Groom) begged her NOT to.😕😏

Most Ladies always like to Smart and will Carry such Attitudes into the Marriage.😒

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2023
donbachi:
Gross disrespect

Disrespect to who ?

The mama that disrespected the girls parents by trying to covet food meant for them nkor?
If na you, you go gree make them treat your palle and malle like that? For your own occasion? No now.
Let's say the truth where it is.

The woman has no right to slap the bride and you can't blame the bride for slapping her back because she acted on impulse and anyone would do same.

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2023
Vinnie2000:

During the wedding Reception, the Bride kept a Large Cooler of Jollof rice for her Family to carry home.
Then Kept a Average Foodflask size for the Family of her Husband (the Groom). shocked undecided

The Groom's sister got so Angry and wanted to go Fight the Bride but their Mother (the Groom) begged her NOT to.😕😏

Most Ladies always like to Smart and will Carry such Attitudes into the Marriage.😒

No o.. before nkor? Make them act like mumu so you can call them good girl, abi?

Keeping food aside for family members na normal thing and everyone does it. So, no be today. If they now decide to release small to feed guest on request, it's up to them but no be by force. If you no see food, you no see food be that. If you want chop for party, come early. Coming early sef no even guarantee say you go see food chop. So chilax.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2023
I think the problem is from the men, because i am the one doing all the expenses and don't think any woman born by a woman will take my family for granted over her own family.[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=123999145]

The Groom's sister got so Angry and wanted to go Fight the Bride but their Mother (the Groom) begged her NOT to.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Vinnie2000(m): 9:20am On Jun 24, 2023
EriMma1:

No o.. before nkor? Make them act like mumu so you can call them good girl, abi?

Keeping food aside for family members na normal thing and everyone does it. So, no be today. If they now decide to release small to feed guest on request, it's up to them but no be by force. If you no see food, you no see food be that. If you want chop for party, come early. Coming early sef no even guarantee say you go see food chop. So chilax.

Lolss. cheesy

I am Laughing because If I am to marry You, on the Wedding Day, we will exchange LIVE PUNCHES. undecided

I don't like and Accept Cheating @All. 😕

Whatever is Given to the Bride's parents MUST be given to the Groom's parents. sad

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Lolss. cheesy

I am Laughing because If I am to marry You, on the Wedding Day, we will exchange LIVE PUNCHES. undecided

I don't like and Accept Cheating @All. 😕

Whatever is Given to the Bride's parents MUST be given to the Groom's parents. sad

Ah. Trust me I go hold two by two for corner for you . 😂.

On a more serious note, this is not a case of cheating. The grooms mother would have kept her own reserve and prolly ran out of supplies, reason she chook eye for bride parents own, trust me. Mama too has or had reserve but that "na my pikin money" mentality pushed her to do what she did and it's not fair. She should respect her inlaws irrespective of who footed the bills of the whole serenren.

3 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2023
And the man should get married to his mother, right?
YinkaOlusesi16:
Nice one, I liked the man move, she should go back to her father's house ànd learn about home training.

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by obiekunie01: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2023
EriMma1:

Disrespect to who ?

The mama that disrespected the girls parents by trying to covet food meant for them nkor?
If na you, you go gree make them treat your palle and malle like that? For your own occasion? No now.
Let's say the truth where it is.

The woman has no right to slap the bride and you can't blame the bride for slapping her back because she acted on impulse and anyone would do same.

ok. she can go back to her parents and start taking care of them at their house.

the groom is a very patient man. if i was in his shoes, she would av gone back to her parents without any of her front tooth.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2023
And he should forsake his mother abi. Women wey dey find who to marry them.
Samantha124:
And the man should get married to his mother, right?

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 24, 2023
Both the mother and the wife were wrong, they shouldn't have fought over food... He should've just cautioned the both of them.

What if the mother fights with his other future wife over food on his next wedding? Will he keeps on divorcing them because of mere food?
talented321:
And he should forsake his mother abi. Women wey dey find who to marry them.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2023
A woman who is ready for marriage will not fall for that small temptation
Samantha124:
Both the mother and the wife were wrong, they shouldn't have fought over food... He should've just cautioned the both of them.

What if the mother fights with his other future wife over food on his next wedding? Will he keeps on divorcing them because of mere food?

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2023
obiekunie01:

ok. she can go back to her parents and start taking care of them at their house.

the groom is a very patient man. if i was in his shoes, she would av gone back to her parents without any of her front tooth.

Story!
Na you go come go house with your two legs? She no get brothers abi? Na wa o.. maa ro meeen...

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 24, 2023
And a woman who is happy for her son will also not fall for that small temptation.
talented321:
A woman who is ready for marriage will not fall for that small temptation

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2023
It is for your own good, how will it sound to you if me as a groom fighting my father-inlaw because of food.
I have to respect his demand and find other ways for my people, because it will be so disgraceful for me .
Samantaha124:
And a woman who is happy for her son will also not fall for that small temptation.

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Gadafii: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2023
Good, but mother inlaw was at fault too

You are inviting people to your wedding, you should have made proper arrangements for their refreshments and all, asking your daughter in law for the food she kept for her own people is wrong, what should her own people eat when they arrive, the mother in law ought to know that, she could have pleaded with her people or find alternatives instead of slapping her on her wedding day, I don’t tolerate the wife slapping her back but the mother in law shouldn’t have slapped her

Next time when her son is getting married again she should learn or endeavor to make provision of food and refreshments for the people she’s inviting else, wedding may even scatter on that day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by bukatyne(f): 10:13am On Jun 24, 2023
We were brought up to always cater to guests first.

How can people come from afar for a wedding and my MIL asks for some for the guests and I say no? If I am not sure, I would request to ask my mother over the phone.

My mother would be so disappointed in me hearing that such issue degenerated to a swapping of slaps in the hall.

As for brother, make he give her another chance. Everything no bi gra gra.

And the most important question is: is this story real? cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 10:21am On Jun 24, 2023
You are defending her action because she is your gender, but i don't think you will like it when your sister-inlaw did the same to your mother.
Samantha124:

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by LexNuel(m): 10:27am On Jun 24, 2023
That’s why I like some yoruba weddings… All the wives in the family will cook to satisfy the guest they invited…. Sometimes it’s groom cook your food and serve your guest .. bride sef the same thing … if your side food finish.. you’re free to beg the other side with an understanding that’s it’s a privilege not a right.. chikena

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Jman06(m): 10:33am On Jun 24, 2023
The guy was even cool enough not to have slapped the hell out of her for slapping his mum. I can't guarantee that I would be that cool if I find myself in that scenario.

My wife can slap me and I'll forgive her but if she dares slap my mum or my elder sister, I'll slap her back multiple times.

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 24, 2023
Lol.. But the mother is also my gender... grin grin grin

I always caution my parents whenever they're wrong and they know it.

I'm not defending anyone, both of them were wrong.

And the guy was also not man enough to caution the both of them.
talented321:
You are defending her action because she is your gender, but i don't think you will like it when your sister-inlaw did the same to your mother.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Does Cheating Mean You Don't Love Your Partner? / Can Someone Please Explain Just What The Heck Is Wrong With Me? / Ehh? Confused...calling Me Late At Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.