Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We (3193 Views)

Baghdad: Man Divorces His Wife At Wedding Reception Over Her Choice Of Song / Man Divorces Wife During Honeymoon After Seeing Her First Time Without Makeup – / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 10:45am On Jun 24, 2023
You will not be in the mother's shoe for now. You will only be at the bride shoe.
Samantha124:
Lol.. But the mother is also my gender... grin grin grin

I always caution my parents whenever they're wrong and they know it.

I'm not defending anyone, both of them were wrong.

And the guy was also not man enough to caution the both of them.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by williamssamuel1: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2023
[quote author=Akinjide2001 post=123998330]A marriage of only two days has come to an end as the newlywed husband has filed for a divorce, citing his wife’s disrespectful behavior towards his mother.

This story was shared by Nigerian zoologist Abdullah A Abdullah, who sought advice from netizens.

According to Abdullah’s account, the husband’s decision to seek a divorce was triggered by an incident that occurred during their wedding reception.

At that time, some guests from the groom’s mother’s side arrived when the available food was running out. The only remaining delicacy was a portion of food that the bride had set aside for her own parents.
The mother-in-law approached her daughter-in-law and discreetly requested some of the food to share with the newlyweds, as it seemed unfair for them to have nothing after traveling from afar.

However, the bride firmly refused, insisting that the food was meant solely for her parents.

Despite the mother-in-law’s pleas, the bride took back the food and poured it into the cooler. This action prompted the mother-in-law to slap her son’s wife, who retaliated in response. Although the husband learned about the altercation, he decided not to create a scene during the wedding reception. However, two days later, he filed for a divorce.

Abdullah mentioned that the divorce case is currently ongoing, and despite his mother’s appeals for forgiveness and reconciliation, the husband remains adamant in his decision.

The truths is, before will blame the mother in law, we should ask ourselves, is it right for someone to travel from a very far distance to a wedding without eating, how we you feel as a mother, the blame we be put on you and your family, including your son, in very occasions, serving guest is the most important, it as to be first before any other thing, now why the wedding? wedding is meant for people to come and eat and go, (based on our Africa tradition) does the wedding mearnt for the bride parent to eat? if that is the case yes, but since the food is insufficient, then, the bride parent had to be patient, because for now they are already one family, they could easily tolerate it, more than that of the visitors. Based on my own submission, for a mother in law to slap the bride, there is more to what happened, maybe the bride says something that is painful and unbearable to her, because before she ask for the food she pleaded for it, just like a favor, and even after the wedding the mother in law had plead, for her son not to divorce the wife, anger is what led to the dissolution of this marriage, and as for the bride, for retaliating back is what destroy her marriage, no man on earth can bear to see his mother been slap, either by wife or anybody
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by williamssamuel1: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2023
EriMma1:
To hell with him!
Why would the mother request for food meant for her parents to feed unserious guests who came late for the event? If the so called guest wanted to eat so badly, why didn't they come early to the party before food runs out since na food carry them come party.

If no be trouble she dey look for, why that particular food meant for the in-laws? That is a disrespect to the brides parents. It means they are not as important.

If the reverse was the case, they'll say the brides family are being disrespectful to the grooms parents for asking that their food be served to guests. Now she went ahead to slap a celebrant on her day just because of food and guests that will come and eat your food for free. She and her son are not serious. Make them let person hear word biko.

The bride should not beg them one bit! Some people just think they are doing you a favor by marrying you. I don't blame them, na some mumu ladies go dey do like say Dem wan die if Dem no see husband. Shey this one now na husband? Na marriage? Where my family will not be respected? Ta!

Let the bride breeeffffff, don't suffocate them. Lol..

The truths is, before will blame the mother in law, we should ask ourselves, is it right for someone to travel from a very far distance to a wedding without eating, how we you feel as a mother, the blame we be put on you and your family, including your son, in very occasions, serving guest is the most important, it as to be first before any other thing, now why the wedding? wedding is meant for people to come and eat and go, (based on our Africa tradition) does the wedding mearnt for the bride parent to eat? if that is the case yes, but since the food is insufficient, then, the bride parent had to be patient, because for now they are already one family, they could easily tolerate it, more than that of the visitors. Based on my own submission, for a mother in law to slap the bride, there is more to what happened, maybe the bride says something that is painful and unbearable to her, because before she ask for the food she pleaded for it, just like a favor, and even after the wedding the mother in law had plead, for her son not to divorce the wife, anger is what led to the dissolution of this marriage, and as for the bride, for retaliating back is what destroy her marriage, no man on earth can bear to see his mother been slap, either by wife or anybody
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2023
williamssamuel1:

.the mother has no right whatsoever to slap the bride whether out of anger or not. That is abuse and should not be justified in any ways.
She should learn to control her anger.

If you ask for favor and are denied, don't forcefully take it. It's violence and violence is a punishable offence. Period.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by tuzle(m): 11:21am On Jun 24, 2023
Gadafii:
Good, but mother inlaw was at fault too

You are inviting people to your wedding, you should have made proper arrangements for their refreshments and all, asking your daughter in law for the food she kept for her own people is wrong, what should her own people eat when they arrive, the mother in law ought to know that, she could have pleaded with her people or find alternatives instead of slapping her on her wedding day, I don’t tolerate the wife slapping her back but the mother in law shouldn’t have slapped her

Next time when her son is getting married again she should learn or endeavor to make provision of food and refreshments for the people she’s inviting else, wedding may even scatter on that day
it depends o, if they are travelling from a far place, most will just give the bride the money for all the cooking, so u are expected to take care of the groom family.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by ogbe88(m): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2023
EriMma1:

No o.. before nkor? Make them act like mumu so you can call them good girl, abi?

Keeping food aside for family members na normal thing and everyone does it. So, no be today. If they now decide to release small to feed guest on request, it's up to them but no be by force. If you no see food, you no see food be that. If you want chop for party, come early. Coming early sef no even guarantee say you go see food chop. So chilax.
Go work on your character.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 24, 2023
A wrong is a wrong, it doesn't matter if you're a mother, father, husband, wife, sister, brother, or a child.

A wrong is a wrong.
talented321:
You will not be in the mother's shoe for now. You will only be at the bride shoe.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
Na only me nor believe this story 😂😂
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
Two wrongs don't make a right, for example if somebody kill your family member or love one and you retaliate back by killing that person, you are fighting for your right but you have taken the law into your hand so you gats face the consequences of your action. The mother was wrong for slapping her but as the bride retaliate back by slapping her too has spoil everything.
Samantha124:
A wrong is a wrong, it doesn't matter if you're a mother, father, husband, wife, sister, brother, or a child.

A wrong is a wrong.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Merry100: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
GreatVocalist:

A woman raised her hands and slapped an elderly woman, and you're justifying it?

If she had calmed down and gently walked away, then filed for a divorce the next day, it would have been better.

I don't agree with what the bride did. Her reaction shows that she lacks manners and self-control. However, the truth is that some mother-in-laws deserve such daughter-in-laws. The woman met her match, mother-in-laws like this only know how to take advantage of their humble and respectful daughter-in-laws. Was it necessary for the mother-in-law to slap the bride? What has slap ever solved?
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
GreatVocalist:

You go get anger issues o. Person wey go marry you ehn, I pray for grace o.

Yes I do and I'm not denying the fact that I have anger issues but I'm working on it and learning to take things calmly now than before. Na small thing dey vex me.

Person wen go marry me go enjoy if him behave. That's all!
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
GreatVocalist:

A woman raised her hands and slapped an elderly woman, and you're justifying it?

If she had calmed down and gently walked away, then filed for a divorce the next day, it would have been better.

I'm not justifying the brides action but expressing anger at the grooms reaction. He should have scolded the both of them for behaving childishly over food and let it all slide than divorcing the wife. Not a wise decision cos na him los, big time.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
GreatVocalist:

All right.

We all have our flaws, working on mine too. I hope you successfully put that temper in check.

Yeah sure. Every weakness can be controlled.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
GreatVocalist:

His decision was hasty, but we can't leave out some possibilities.

What if it wasn't her first time exhibiting such behaviour? What if he saw the red flags, but he couldn't keep his emotions in check? What if he talked to her about this behaviour before, he endured until this final straw? What if.. just what if the incident is a blessing in disguise for him?

Oh.. a blessing in disguise for him? I see... Anyways, there were no "what ifs" according to you in the OP, so probabilities rule out.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
That's why I'm saying the guy should've cautioned the both of them because they were both wrong.

But come to think of it, he did his wife a big favour by divorcing her, because she wouldn't be able to enjoy her marriage with that monster-in law.

If it was my mother, I'd have kicked her out of the wedding reception... You don't get to destroy my marriage while you're happily married.
talented321:
Two wrongs don't make a right, for example if somebody kill your family member or love one and you retaliate back by killing that person, you are fighting for your right but you have taken the law into your hand so you gats face the consequences of your action. The mother was wrong for slapping her but as the bride retaliate back by slapping her too has spoil everything.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
If the groom is my brother and he still went ahead and marry that girl i will end my relationship with him, because it is a disgrace to the family.
Samantha124:
That's why I'm saying the guy should've cautioned the both of them because they were both wrong.

But come to think of it, he did his wife a big favour by divorcing her, because she wouldn't be able to enjoy her marriage with that monster-in law.

If it was my mother, I'd have kicked her out of the wedding reception... You don't get to destroy my marriage while you're happily married.

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
[quote author=GreatVocalist post=124005625]
Of course, I don't approve of the mother-in-law's behaviour, but one shouldn't cancel a wrong with another wrong. That's exactly what the lady did, and the lady I mentioned tried to justify that. Says a great deal about her own character.[/quote]

You see how you go upsetting people and expect them not to react harshly. Wetin come dey bring this nonsense statement now? Mr characteristics? We already agreed that I need to work on my anger issues and you come here like the slimy creature that you are to say this about me? Mtchew! I don't have time for people like you. Na me waste time dey yarn with you thinking you're.... Mtchewwww .
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by bigseank(m): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
I saw this thing real life when i was little, but it happened differently. Till now that lady still hates her MIL almost close to 2 decades. She was very cultured and didn't slap her MIL back. I can still picture her crying profusely and the groom and her own father begging and begging her, this was even before the church service.

The father of the bride first para-meter and threatened to call off the whole wedding, Everybody kneeling down begging him. The groom too really para that day and told the mother he was cutting her off. It fractured the relationship between the families, but I think that incident made the groom really love the wife till this date.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Dracula123: 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
EriMma1:

Disrespect to who ?

The mama that disrespected the girls parents by trying to covet food meant for them nkor?
If na you, you go gree make them treat your palle and malle like that? For your own occasion? No now.
Let's say the truth where it is.

The woman has no right to slap the bride and you can't blame the bride for slapping her back because she acted on impulse and anyone would do same.

A quick question....if your mother slaps you, will you slap her too?
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2023
The mother is the one who is a disgrace fighting over food at her son's wedding... She would make a monster-in law... She's very selfish and by the time her son realises it, it'll be too late... The mother would be long gone and he'll be in his old age and single.

If I was the wife, I wouldn't even wait for the wedding reception to end, I would've ended things on the spot and left.

As we grow older as siblings, it's natural to go our separate ways in order to have our own space, so you ending your relationship with your brother wouldn't mean anything, after all, you have no right to choose who he must get married to.

But don't be surprised when one day you contact him asking for help and he refuses to help.

Mind your own business and he'll mind his.
talented321:
If the groom is my brother and he still went ahead and marry that girl i will end my relationship with him, because it is a disgrace to the family.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by sukar886: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2023
EriMma1:
To hell with him!
Why would the mother request for food meant for her parents to feed unserious guests who came late for the event? If the so called guest wanted to eat so badly, why didn't they come early to the party before food runs out since na food carry them come party.

If no be trouble she dey look for, why that particular food meant for the in-laws? That is a disrespect to the brides parents. It means they are not as important.

If the reverse was the case, they'll say the brides family are being disrespectful to the grooms parents for asking that their food be served to guests. Now she went ahead to slap a celebrant on her day just because of food and guests that will come and eat your food for free. She and her son are not serious. Make them let person hear word biko.

The bride should not beg them one bit! Some people just think they are doing you a favor by marrying you. I don't blame them, na some mumu ladies go dey do like say Dem wan die if Dem no see husband. Shey this one now na husband? Na marriage? Where my family will not be respected? Ta!

Let the bride breeeffffff, don't suffocate them. Lol..
Deceivers , if na you , u will give her the food, stop deceiving young girls, what she did is bad, she would have atleast share the food in to two, no matter how small, now marriage has ended after two days
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by talented321: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2023
You don't know me so i don't blame you for this write up. Women maybe hard for others to find but as for me i am always running away from women. Woman to marry can never be my problem in this life. So if you mumu
Samantha124:

But don't be surprised when one day you contact him asking for help and he refuses to help.

Mind your own business and he'll mind his.
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
Why are you now making this about you?🤣🤣🤣

It's like you're starting to take it personal and using insults..😂😂😂
talented321:
You don't me so i don't blame you for this. Women maybe hard for others to find but as for me i am always running away from women. Woman to marry can never be my problem in this life. So if you mumu
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
sukar886:

Deceivers , if na you , u will give her the food, stop deceiving young girls, what she did is bad, she would have atleast share the food in to two, no matter how small, now marriage has ended after two days

As e no come be me nkor? If me I'll give her the food, some one else may not give her and it doesn't justify her actions. By the way, People react differently to issues and even though I wouldn't react the way she did, it doesn't change the fact that what the mother inlaw did was wrong. You asked me for something I no give you, you come slap me, as your two year old baby now...
Re: Man Divorces Wife 2 Days After She Fought With His Mother Over Food ‘on Their We by EriMma1: 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
Dracula123:

A quick question....if your mother slaps you, will you slap her too?

Na my mama be that but let her not go and try it with someone that is not her child because if them whoze am slap, e no concern me cos na she carry herself go drag for mud with small pikin. At least your own daughter will still consider say na my mama be this but an outsider no send you o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? / Join Whatsapp Group To Link Up With Guys And Ladies Of Your Choice / Are You Gamophobic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.