Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque (35820 Views)

Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO / Zuma Riot: Mum Throws Her Baby From A Burning Building After It Was Set Ablaze / Pillowcases Full Of Snakes Keep Getting Dumped Outside A UK Fire Station (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by HonNL: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Swedish police said they have granted a permit for a protest where the organiser plans to burn a Koran outside Stockholm's main mosque on Wednesday, the start of the Muslim three-day Eid al-Adha holiday.

The police said in the written decision that the security risks associated with the burning "were not of a nature that could justify, under current laws, a decision to reject the request."

The green light came two weeks after a Swedish appeals court rejected the police's decision to deny permits for two demonstrations in Stockholm which were to include Koran burnings.

Police had at the time cited security concerns, following a burning of the Muslim holy book outside Turkey's embassy in January which led to weeks of protests, calls for a boycott of Swedish goods and further stalled Sweden's NATO membership bid.

Muslims are outraged by the destruction of their holy text and similar acts have in the past sparked violent protests.

Police argued the January protest had made Sweden "a higher priority target for attacks".

Turkey, which has blocked the country's NATO bid due to what it perceives as Stockholm's failure to crack down on Kurdish groups it considers "terrorists", took particular offence that police had authorised the January demonstration.

Police then banned two subsequent requests for protests involving Koran burnings -- one by a private individual and one by an organisation, outside the Turkish and Iraqi embassies in Stockholm in February.

The appeals court in mid-June ruled that police were wrong to ban those, saying "the order and security problems" referenced by the police did not have "a sufficiently clear connection to the planned event or its immediate vicinity."

- 'Burn it' -
In granting the new protest permit, police said that "in light of this judgement," the "security risks and consequences" it expected in connection with the protests were not enough to warrant them denying the request.

The request for the Wednesday demonstration was made by the same private individual who had his previous request blocked.

"I want to protest in front of the large mosque in Stockholm, and I want to express my opinion about the Koran... I will tear up the Koran and burn it," Salwan Momika, 37, wrote in the application, a copy of which was obtained by AFP.

Speaking to newspaper Aftonbladet in April, Momika -- who fled to Sweden from Iraq -- said his intention had not been to sabotage the Swedish NATO bid, and had considered waiting to stage his protest until after Sweden had joined the alliance.

"I don't want to harm this country that received me and preserved my dignity," Momika told the newspaper.

Police said Wednesday they had called in reinforcements from across the country to maintain order.

An AFP correspondent said several police cars were already parked near the mosque early Wednesday.

Swedish police had granted a permit for the January protest, which was organised by Rasmus Paludan, a Swedish-Danish activist who has already been convicted for racist abuse.

Paludan also provoked rioting in Sweden last year when he went on a tour of the country and publicly burned copies of Islam's holy book.

Swedish politicians have criticised Koran burnings, but have also adamantly defended the right to freedom of expression.

SOURCE

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by God1000(m): 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
This is one of the reasons turkey is blocking their bid to join NATO.

As a Christian, I don't support the burning of quran

219 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by FalseProphet1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
sad

3 Likes

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Righthussle: 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
I wish the protesters will burn the Bible, the Koran and the Torah. All these books encourage violence, senseless killings, slavery and gender discrimination with fake promises that only greedy fools believe.

For useless people mentioning me to say rubbish, I wish you were one of the little boys your god instructed Moses to kill or your mother was one of the little girls that your god instructed his killer squad to keep for themselves in numbers 31.

61 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Dshocker(m): 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
Nigeria Northern Muslims will not like this...

193 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by WiszyFraud: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
Did you know??

We are troubled by lying to those who trust us blindly.

lipsrsealed

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by ipobarecriminals: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
grin fl@theads cool muzlimz should go and do same in Kano/Sokoto make we see

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Chidexthebest: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
Nice one

6 Likes

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by iHateFraudsters: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
Wetin man no go hear
Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
THE BIBLE IS WELL RESPECTED AND THE ONE AND ONLY BOOK THE DEVIL SO MUCH RESPECT TOO.

INFECT LET ME INVITE OUR NAIRALAND PREACHERS AND EVANGELIST TO CONTINUE THE PREACHING.

I WAS SAYING IT THE OTHER DAY THAT THE GOV AND ARMY SHOULD PROTECT THE CHRISTIANS IN THE NORTH,

WITH THIS NEWS,I PRAY FOR THE INNOCENT CHRISTIANS IN THE NORTH

ONLY JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR.

WEALTH IS GOOD.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Felix6: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
FalseProphet1:
sad
ANOTHER ONE' WAITING FOR RIOT TO START IN KANO.

4 Likes

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Brendaniel: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
The earlier Europe and other parts of the world start rejecting Islam the better, Islam and LGBTQ folks are in the same category of behavior

When they are few they demand for special rights, when they are plenty they take away your rights

God1000:
This is one of the reasons turkey is blocking their bid to join NATO.

As a Christian, I don't support the burning of quran

Oga the guy burning it did not claim to be a Christian neither is he from Sweden, he is from Iraq, so please don't lump Christianity with his action, Islam has so many problems different people are angry and concerned about, So don't try to make it look as if anyone against Islam must be a Christian.

238 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by 9jvirgin(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
I fear who no fear the most violent religion ever known to mankind.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by easyfem(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
over to muslim brother ..........awon set wahala wahala

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by ivolt: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
God1000:
This is why turkey is blocking their bid to join NATO
NOPE!
Turkey is blocking Sweden because of the Kurdish activists granted assylum in the country.
It has nothing to do with religion.

Have you ever asked yourself why no single muslim country, not even the full sharia ones
has ever condemned China on religious grounds? Not even a single protest to burn Chinese flags?

I mean, China bans its muslim population from fasting, sends muslim to re-education camps
and regularly demolish and redesign mosques using the CCP and atheistic confucian architecture styles,
yet not even a shred of complaints from muslim countries?

Countries act based on interests, not basal emotions.

338 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by JasonNOTStatham: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
lipsrsealed We don't want to hear bombing news soon.

7 Likes

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by millionboi2: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
Why
Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Perfectnumber6(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
Burn all Muslims too .. fucking retards

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by drlateef: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
God1000:
This is why turkey is blocking their bid to join NATO

They will not give permit to burn Torah in front of synagogues. They refused the permit. Which shows they are a biased society.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
Head slamming mohammadian terrorists...

Anywhere u see those head slammers u see problem...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest...

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by SemperFid: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
If you don't destroy Islam now, it will wreck you. Islam is a cankerworm. Give no room to ret@rded fucktards

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Sitwalkstand: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
It's their country.

they are free to do any damn thing. If you are not happy go back to Pakistan or Afghanistan.

Afghanistan wont eevn allow any church. Saudi police will shutdown any open church.

You are in a free country where they allow you build mosque and you want to muscle their freedom.

Don't tell me they need to respect people's religion. They don't believe in your religion.

Instead of killing people. go back to your country

To tell you how animalistic they are.

They will soon start burning things in Kano and kaduna sponsored by that midget

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by JasonNOTStatham: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
lipsrsealed police be careful before Dem burn ona, say na blasphemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by goodnessme1(f): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
phr0nesis:
Na Christians for Northern Nigeria go come bear this wahala

If we didn't make Onitsha/Aba 2006 to happen,by now Northerners would have started attacking Easterners in their regions like before.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by YorubaNinja: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
Yay! cool

Burn the useless Quaran and all those Mohammed, headslamming Bastards! They're all nuisance to our world peace! angry

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by phr0nesis(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
Na Christians for Northern Nigeria go come bear this wahala

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Curdlebug(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
Nawa ooo
Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by ipobarecriminals: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
sad cool shocked grin shocked shocked

46 Likes

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by salbis(m): 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
Some innocent persons may bear the brunt now. Nigerian security agents should watch out, most especially northern Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Mightymanna(m): 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
They need to Burn hundred millions of Muslims that memorize the Quran too.

The Religion of God will prevail all over the world even though the disbelievers may hate it, in the Near future Islam will be the dominant religion in Sweden in Europe insha Allah

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by paranorman(m): 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
I guess this is the only way he can get the attention he is looking for, really.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque by Greenfaces: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
THEY WILL COLLECT WOTOWOTO

You waste your time burning Qur'an (even though one or two of them will loose a head). The real location of the Qur'an is the mind of muslims. I don't need a Qur'an book presently to recite a large portion of it. And I'm not even the hardworking serious type of muslim. Just an average person who grew up in the south south. If all the Qur'an in the world is taken away today, it will be reproduced again overnight

29 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"He Is Better For Us, has More Experience" - Putin Picks Biden Ahead Of Trump / 82-year-old Nangolo Mbumba Sworn In As Fourth Namibian President / Mass Shooting At Medical Building In Tulsa, Oklahoma. 3 Dead, Suspect Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.