Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? (20257 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by obonujoker(m): 10:31am On Jul 02, 2023
We brought nothing into this world, we are taking nothing out.

What's matters is the soul
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

Depends on if chieftancy title is just a mere public gratitude being given in recognition of the righteousness of the Christian with no other meaning or ritual behind it. Which is where a plaque is sufficient, and i know my guy will throw it away, as he reaches his house

For a Christian knows to run away from the praises of men!

So, as usual, churchgoers may take it, but a christian knows he has the best honour greater than a chief, so he does not need a lesser title! It is even an insult.

You r right
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2023
Georgejeez:
Of course , yes
Once I make small money I collect Chieftaincy title , then God will just call me , I open Church .
I will then be the first G.O who is a Chief .

Imagine I being called to come and preach on the alter and the intro will be like " People of God , stand up on your feet as we make welcome our Spiritual father , Gods general and Founder of this great Church ,,, help me make welcome to the pulpit ,,,, Chief,Arch Bishop , Dr ........... ............ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
E go too sweet

How this Ur talk mk sense now?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2023
odigbosky:
No

I hope someday to recieve a title from my monarch the Oba of Benin. I and my family will gladly dance before our King and reaffirm our loyalty to him. To serve him all the days of our lives
It shall come to pass for you bro.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by emekajacobogbon(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2023
What's involved makes the difference.
Honor should be given to whom it's due
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by RepChrist: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2023
The world has never been the friend of Jesus , no True christian will be in alliance with the world system. A Christian will not take Chieftaincy title. Jesus example teaches us better. To compromise to the point of taking Chieftaincy title is to confirm allegiance to the world and his ways .

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 10:36am On Jul 02, 2023
Who want to take Chieftaincy title in Delta state? Strictly within Urhobo and Isoko regions, P.M me, it's a done deal.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by IVORY2009(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2023
Ippop

Scammer grin grin

Paypal scammer that has been using US Whatsapp number, and he has defrauded so many people here on nairaland
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by jayAjoku(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2023
Ask yourself if your ancestors and Forefathers were asking this kind of stupid question

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Judolisco(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2023
No it's not.... We ar in d world but not of d world
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by peacettw: 10:37am On Jul 02, 2023
Absolutely not
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by erniok(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

Talk true, you meant to say he is your god? Role model is just your coded way of saying god since you know that if you say so, you don finish everything.
Why you want to twist his words is beyond me. When Paul wrote :follow me as I follow christ, was he a god also to the early believers?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by odigbosky(m): 10:39am On Jul 02, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
It shall come to pass for you bro.

Amen
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Kukutenla: 10:41am On Jul 02, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
Is it wrong for a Christian to obtain a chieftaincy title?
If yes why?
No
Why do you ask
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by JooEeL(m): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2023
The depth of the damage on the mind of the average black man is unbelievably astounding

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by zrocky: 10:46am On Jul 02, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
Is it wrong for a Christian to obtain a chieftaincy title?
If yes why?
chieftaincy is traditional or will I call it pegan title that come with a alot of demonic ritual. As a Christian you have no business with pegan ritual

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by zrocky: 10:50am On Jul 02, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
No although it depends, I know Reverend fathers who are traditional title holders, infact one of them is a double chief who received titles from 2 notable Monarchs. Its not wrong, 99% of all our Delta chiefs are Christians and few Muslim too. In our zone as you're being given the title you must entertain the king and the Spirits of Kings and dance for them 3 times before finally dancing out with your people in celebration as a true Chief and on Sunday Thanksgiving is done in church to celebrate and appreciate God for a successful Chieftaincy title ceremony.
you dance for the spirit of the kings. Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Davidgregs(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

Talk true, you meant to say he is your god? Role model ias just your coded way of saying god since you know that if you say so, you don finish everything.
I don't know why you chose to think through your anus this sunday morning. There is a big difference btw a role model and a god. A role model is someone you look up to and want to be like. While a god is what you worship, learn the difference and stop spewing trash on people's post.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by chuksanambra: 10:52am On Jul 02, 2023
Paul Enenche got a Chieftaincy title.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2023
orisa37:
NO.
IT'S A CHANNEL FOR TEACHING RUTHLESSNESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS, THE GOOD CULTURE OF THE GRAND ORDER DOMINION.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS
YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM IF YOU DON'T JOIN THEM. SO JOIN THEM TO TEACH THE CULTURE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

You typed in block letters yet made absolutely no sense.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by vdestro: 10:54am On Jul 02, 2023
Davidgregs:
I don't know why you chose to think through your anus this sunday morning. There is a big difference btw a role model and a god. A role model is someone you look up to and want to be like. While a god is what you worship, learn the difference and stop spewing trash on people's post.

Yes we know the difference but we also know when you are confessing in coded ways.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Dittodat: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2023
Rubbish.
Even the Oyinbos that forced Christianity on you have titles. The king, Queen and other royals have titles.
Nigerians always doing over sabi. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by olowo1930: 10:56am On Jul 02, 2023
Do only God's Will .leave title for title holders. As we are going to die and return to our make. Just make heaven. Forget about all what will make you loss eternity.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by vdestro: 10:56am On Jul 02, 2023
erniok:

Why you want to twist his words is beyond me. When Paul wrote :follow me as I follow christ, was he a god also to the early believers?

When paul said "follow me", we knew what he meant. So also do we know what he means by his coded talk.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Kingosytex(m): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
You canโ€™t collect a a chieftaincy title, but if you invited to England to accept a Knighthood from the king you will go.

Weโ€™ve been programmed to despise and reject our own traditions while we adore, worship and embrace another manโ€™s culture as being superior.

Who did this to us?!?

The level of manipulation is just too much. Polygamy is evil while gayism and lesbianism are good.
How these white people take dey manipulate Africa like dis sef? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 02, 2023
I'll never understand why moderators on nairaland push stupid threads to the front page every bloody sunday!

Is there a grand plan of some sort to pitch adherents of a particular faith against others? Or are you people just bent on ridiculing the Christian faith by any and all means necessary?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Fiscus105(m): 10:59am On Jul 02, 2023
Which means christian cant be king? Yet we want idols to disappear from our society.

Any man of God that says christian cant be king or going into politics, is an enemy of Christianity.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by erniok(m): 10:59am On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

When paul said "follow me", we knew what he meant. So also do we know what he means by his coded talk.
Well, I just don't know about him but I have some godly men as role models yet they are not gods to me. If I had written same as he did, you'd possibly had said same thing.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Mpanyi: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2023
erniok:

Why should you follow Paul? If this was coming from a Catholic now, you guys will begin to quote scripture after scripture to the effect that it is only Christ we will look up to and nobody else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? / Pastor Adeboye Invokes Fire On Cultists In Nigeria / Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.