Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? (20121 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by BigIyanga: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
if someone like baba ADEBOYE doesn't have any chieftaincy title, then I don't think I need one as a Christian. because baba is my role model.
So baba Adeboye is your jesus on earth..Even King Charles the head of Church of England was coronated.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Mpanyi: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
erniok:

You see, you are all over the place because of excitement.

The title saints are for all believers else brother Paul would have been writing to the dead when he wrote his epistles. That's why I said some traditionsnof the Roman catholic church is wrong.

Second, paul put a caveat: as I follow christ meaning once I stop observing all that he commanded, stop following me. Paul has never asked anyone to pray to him so I don't know what you are going on about. Imitating is have me as a role model which is entirely different fro worship. The dictionary should help you out on this because you seem confused about those terms: imitate and worship.

Now, I'd like the place in scriptures where joseph told his brothers they will worship him.

Funny. Because of excitement? Maybe I am, and I believe it's the Lord's doing. One way or another you confirmed what I said. You know Joseph's dream in Genesis 37. Also you don't tell me you don't know it's fulfilment in Gen 43:26. Meanwhile I am still waiting for answer to my question.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
In Christianity the only approved titles are "Christ" and "Apostles" both meant to serve the others like messengers no prominence. Matthew 20:25, 28

But in the world titles are for prominence and politics that's why Jesus forbids it even though he is the Christ he doesn't want to be addressed with that title {Matthew 16:20} because the Jews believe the Christ should be their political leader {John 6:15} so among his own disciples it's forbidden for anyone to be a chief among the nations according to him they must all be brothers {Matthew 23:8-10} in fact that's why Jesus turned down a title chief who really want to be one of his disciples Jesus ordered him to sell away all those prominence and become an ordinary man with no titles in the society! Luke 18:18-23 undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by erniok(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
Mpanyi:

Funny. Because of excitement? Maybe I am, and I believe it's the Lord's doing. One way or another you confirmed what I said. You know Joseph's dream in Genesis 37. Also you don't tell me you don't know it's fulfilment in Gen 43:26. Meanwhile I am still waiting for answer to my question.

I guessed as much. Your understanding of the scriptures and its times are very shallow. Go back and read the scriptures. Joseph never used the word worship neither was it implied. In fact, his brothers used the word reign. By implying bowing means worship, it means papa Abraham in Gen.23 was worshiping the people he bought Sarah's burial site from.

FYI, it's not the Lord's work you are doing. No. On the contrary it's ignorance on rampage.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by obama99: 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
If idol worshipping isn't involved, it's okay.

Anything other this is pure hypocrisy and pretence. You can't stay away from your culture and live in total oblivion in the name of religion, once they won't trouble your children and people when you die, when idolatry is not involved? Nothing is bad in it.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Mpanyi: 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
erniok:

I guessed as much. Your understanding of the scriptures and its times are very shallow. Go back and read the scriptures. Joseph never used the word worship neither was it implied. In fact, his brothers used the word reign. By implying bowing means worship, it means papa Abraham in Gen.23 was worshiping the people he bought Sarah's burial site from.

FYI, it's not the Lord's work you are doing. No. On the contrary it's ignorance on rampage.

I refuse to go in circle. Meanwhile I asked you question you have refused to answer but I leave you to your fate. With all due respect, I can see you are irredeemable. Take care
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by erniok(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
Mpanyi:

I refuse to go in circle. Meanwhile I asked you question you have refused to answer but I leave you to your fate. With all due respect, I can see you are irredeemable. Take care

You are the one with no knowledge but wants to have an opinion. You said bowing down which is a sign of honour is same as worship. If there's anyone irredeemable, you are.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by ciencee(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
Is it wrong for a Christian to obtain a chieftaincy title?
If yes why?
If you are a christian indeed what stops you from declining that chieftaincy title, it is pride..
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Dracula123: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
I know a woman whose father died and she was crying bitterly, not because he died but because he was a title holder and the rituals that must be performed before he is buried were just outrageous
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Napata77: 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
You can’t collect a a chieftaincy title, but if you invited to England to accept a Knighthood from the king you will go.

We’ve been programmed to despise, refuse and reject our own traditions while we adore, worship and embrace another man’s culture as being superior.

Who did this to us?!?
WELL SAID.

WE NO LONGER HAVE THE EXCUSE OF COLONIAL BRAINWASHING. IF YOU STILL HAVE THAT MENTALITY OF SELF-HATE TODAY, IT’S ON YOU. YOU ARE A FRIGGIN’ MORO.N.

THE COLONIALISTS LEFT OVER 60 YEARS AGO.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Napata77: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
Brendaniel:
Firstly let us look at what title exactly is, titles are just a form of recognitions, you can have an academic or Honorary title like Dr, Engr and so on while you can also get reconised by the government with titles like CFR, MON and so on, now ask yourself are these titles bad for a christian, I'm sure your answer will be NO

Now let's talk about the traditional titles, like I have explained up there, these titles are a form recognition however if the the traditional title has some form of allegiance to a deity or gods, then the title is not a good one.

So basically for a traditional title there are certain things to consider before taking them.

1. The process of getting the title, it must be a clean process devoid of evil.

2. The title should not pledge allegiance to any god or deity.

3. The title should not take you away or affect your service to God as a Christian like having responsities because of the title that takes your time you should be using to serve God away.

Basically, titles that meet the requirements for you as a Christian should not be a problem, if your country can give you a title for doing service to it, why can't your village give you title for your service to it as long as it is not anyway attached to any traditional worship and doesn't affect your Christian faith or work with God, it is like saying a Christian should not be a king of his community....

Modified

The problem with most traditional titles in Nigeria is that most traditions have a god or deity attached to it, for that reason it makes it difficult to see a title without that attachment, so as a Christian it might be very difficult for you to see a title devoid of this attachment which in turn makes it hard for you to get a title.

STUPID BRAINWASHED DUNCE.

ALL THOSE WESTERN TITLES LIKE KNIGHTHOOD, AND EVEN “MEMBER OF THE ORDER OF THE NIGER, MON” ETC, DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE MASONIC AND TIED TO THE OCCULT?

WILL YOUR COLONISED HEAD EVEN THINK OF THAT IF THEY INVITE YOU TO RECEIVE THOSE TITLES?

FRIGGIN PEABRAIN.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Napata77: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
JooEeL:
The depth of the damage on the mind of the average black man is unbelievably astounding

Honestly, the British did a real job on their heads. Conditioned to self-hate and worship the invaders’ culture.

Tufia.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Napata77: 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
hahn:

Worshipping Jesus is idol worshipping

Don’t mind the brainwashed Moro.ns.

What is more idolatrous than wearing a cross with the bloodied sacrificed victim on it, and walking around with it, and even praying to it?

No African religion practices such barbaric idolatry.

And then in their church they practice ritual cannibalism by ‘drinking his blood’ and ‘eating his body’.

These are all pagan, barbaric European cultural practices. But these mentally colonised Nigerians think it’s all very ‘holy’.

Because it is ‘white people’ doing it.

They are a disgrace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Ameduedwin: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

Depends on if chieftancy title is just a mere public gratitude being given in recognition of the righteousness of the Christian with no other meaning or ritual behind it. Which is where a plaque is sufficient, and i know my guy will throw it away, as he reaches his house

For a Christian knows to run away from the praises of men!

So, as usual, churchgoers may take it, but a christian knows he has the best honour greater than a chief, so he does not need a lesser title! It is even an insult.
do you know that chieftain title is basically to rule the people of the land, and every land have tradition, so because you are Christian you now throw away your tradition and to rule your people now become forbidden abi ? You have been brain Wash

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Napata77: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dancebreaker:

The brainwash nor be here. Very sad. And many of their MoGs are top in different secret societies.
But average darkie dey form more Christian than the pope. Oyinbo really mentally imprison most dudu people seriously. Pathetic, grin grin cheesy cheesy

When black man will free himself like Japanese, Chinese, Indians, and others, I don't know.

Honestly bro.

Indian man will worship his cows till tomorrow. If you don’t like it, it’s your business.

Chinese man will worship his dragon and crocodile till tomorrow. If you don’t like it, go back to London.

Japanese will practice his Shintoism till next millennium. If you don’t like it, go back to America or UK.

Africans will pray to God traditionally, using connecting deities, and Africans are told it is ‘heathen’ and they should accept and follow the European INVENTION called ‘Christ’.

And Africans obey.

DISGUSTING.

Spit!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Brendaniel: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
Napata77:

STUPID BRAINWASHED DUNCE.

ALL THOSE WESTERN TITLES LIKE KNIGHTHOOD, AND EVEN “MEMBER OF THE ORDER OF THE NIGER, MON” ETC, DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE MASONIC AND TIED TO THE OCCULT?

WILL YOUR COLONISED HEAD EVEN THINK OF THAT IF THEY INVITE YOU TO RECEIVE THOSE TITLES?

FRIGGIN PEABRAIN.

It's like you threw sanity away before coming to make this comment....
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Napata77: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Brendaniel:

It's like you threw sanity away before coming to make this comment....

Shut your slave lips there, you brainwashed knucklehead.

Slave to white people.

Do you see Indians and Chinese ditching their ancestors’ religion to follow Europeans?

Stupid Moro.n. Don’t use your fcking brain, you hear?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Theunbothered: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

Depends on if chieftancy title is just a mere public gratitude being given in recognition of the righteousness of the Christian with no other meaning or ritual behind it. Which is where a plaque is sufficient, and i know my guy will throw it away, as he reaches his house

For a Christian knows to run away from the praises of men!

So, as usual, churchgoers may take it, but a christian knows he has the best honour greater than a chief, so he does not need a lesser title! It is even an insult.

Why do the loudest Christians talk like they never went to school? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Theunbothered: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
You can’t collect a a chieftaincy title, but if you invited to England to accept a Knighthood from the king you will go.

We’ve been programmed to despise, refuse and reject our own traditions while we adore, worship and embrace another man’s culture as being superior.

Who did this to us?!?

Leave the tap dancing negros

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Theunbothered: 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
ThinkSmarter:
It depends on the type of Christian you asked.
Catholics, Methodists, Anglicans, Presbyterians, etc will be okay with it.
But Deeper Life, Lord`s Chosen, JW.org, etc frowns at that.

Those those ones are business churches, nobody is allowed to outshine the GO.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Brendaniel: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Napata77:

Shut your slave lips there, you brainwashed knucklehead.

Slave to white people.

Do you see Indians and Chinese ditching their ancestors’ religion to follow Europeans?

Stupid Moro.n. Don’t use your fcking brain, you hear?

The mistake I made earlier on was not checking your profile, but I have done that now and seen what I thought, the confirmation is complete...
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Redpeeldtf: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
Is it wrong for a Christian to obtain a chieftaincy title?
If yes why?

For you to ask this question, it shows you have no relationship with God else you would have asked him and he will answer you.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by STEVENcrack(m): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
Love not the world neither the things that are of the world..if any man loves the world the love of the father is not in him...

Christians rewad is in heaven
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by ofuonyebi: 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
AntiChristian:
Of course, Jesus was tittled "King of the Jews" despite no coronation!

wrong quotation of what the Bible ...the word of GOD said..
nobody gave JESUS CHRIST the title of King of Jews

it was the prophesy before JESUS CHRIST was birth
And the pharises who accused him before Pilate said HE JESUS CALLED HIMSELF KING OF THE JEWS
and Pontius Pilate only asked Him JESUS....is it true you gave yourself the title of king of Jews?

and JESUS anwered ....thou saith so.....QED!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by AntiChristian: 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
ofuonyebi:

wrong quotation of what the Bible ...the word of GOD said..
nobody gave JESUS CHRIST the title of King of Jews

it was the prophesy before JESUS CHRIST was birth
And the pharises who accused him before Pilate said HE JESUS CALLED HIMSELF KING OF THE JEWS
and Pontius Pilate only asked Him JESUS....is it true you gave yourself the title of king of Jews?

and JESUS anwered ....thou saith so.....QED!

So how is this different from what I said?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Emekmart: 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Everything is wrong for a Christian to take traditional title. Christianity and tradition are two different religion . You want to be a xtain be xtain , or if you want to go tradion, so be it
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by JooEeL(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Napata77:

Honestly, the British did a real job on their heads. Conditioned to self-hate and worship the invaders’ culture.

Tufia.

Like the silliness is outstanding.

Even when their lord and queen passed away last year, they saw online the Brits who honoured their long-standing customs in the rite proceedings.

And they are here asking whether chieftaincy bla bla or not. That the topic can even be raised is of its own an outrageous disaster of mental wear and tear.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Iwin2: 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:

Who did this to us?!?

I do hope we are not confusing honors with traditional tittles
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by AntiChristian: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
riczy:
Did he accept the title? John 6:15

I never mentioned anything about him accepting or rejecting the title!

He was titled sha!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by NoahHadNoArk: 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
Iwin2:

I do hope we are not confusing honors with traditional tittles

Tell us the difference
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by AntiChristian: 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
highoctane:

Was that title given to him by the Jews or by the Roman armies. To accord him honor or to spit the Jews?
Why did he refused to be accorded the honour of being called a 'Good Teacher' by which he replied No one is good except God.

Why all this epistle?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Boy Who Turned 12 On 12/12/12 Labelled Anti Christ / Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! / What Is That Song That Lifts Your Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.