Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? (20255 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by JayAchai(m): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
if someone like baba ADEBOYE doesn't have any chieftaincy title, then I don't think I need one as a Christian. because baba is my role model.

It is good to have a general like baba to be your role model. Just drawing your attention to the One who is baba's role model.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Mpanyi: 11:03am On Jul 02, 2023
Nothing wrong absolutely as long as there is no worship of idol in the process. A well-deserved chieftaincy title always makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by isycollins(m): 11:05am On Jul 02, 2023
It is not good as a Christian
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by hahn(m): 11:06am On Jul 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
If idol worshipping isn't involved, it's okay.

Worshipping Jesus is idol worshipping

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by clockwisereport: 11:08am On Jul 02, 2023
Igwe CYON

Nnemuruoha

Ide Jesu of Saint Mark's Parish

Olaoma Jesus

Ezinne

Okpata Ozuo ora 1 of Saint Joseph's parish

Igwe Chimereze of SS Peter and Paul

Only Catholics will understand
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by newzurban: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2023
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by ehissi(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2023
No
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 11:11am On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
You can’t collect a a chieftaincy title, but if you invited to England to accept a Knighthood from the king you will go.

We’ve been programmed to despise and reject our own traditions while we adore, worship and embrace another man’s culture as being superior.

Who did this to us?!?
they're fools. They don't even know there are priests who are Chiefs

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by erniok(m): 11:11am On Jul 02, 2023
Mpanyi:

Why should you follow Paul? If this was coming from a Catholic now, you guys will begin to quote scripture after scripture to the effect that it is only Christ we will look up to and nobody else.
Please edit 1 cor.11:1 so I'll have no need to quote it. In Roman catholic church because I'm a member of the catholic church, the culture is literally that of worshiping beings the scripture never recommended.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by mbaise1000: 11:12am On Jul 02, 2023
It will be good to understand who a Christian is and the definition of a Christian, A CHRISTIAN IS ONE THAT FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS AND LIFESTYLE AND FOOTSTEPS OF JESUS CHRIST, if whatever it is is what Jesus will not do, a Christian will not do it, it is written that when people wanted to make Jesus king by force, he declined them, I am saying this about some saying if it does not involve rituals, or whatever, even the titlee some who claim to be Christians are giving and selling in their churches are not normal.
If we want to serve God, we serve him in the way he want us to serve Him and not in the way we want to serve Him
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
If idol worshipping isn't involved, it's okay.

What's idol "worshipping"? What do you know about African history vis a vis the foreign religions?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2023
No nairaland member be chief? Una don fvck up. Just last week a notable political woman in Delta state received title "The Star of the King" that title will always manifest in her life henceforth. Better come and take title don't waste that money to travel abroad and fvck white hoes
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by phemmyfour: 11:14am On Jul 02, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
Is it wrong for a Christian to obtain a chieftaincy title?
If yes why?
Yes, if it doesn't require any ritual

If you can obtain academic titles, nothing stop you from obtaining chieftancy title if it's diabolically free.

Biblically, it's acceptable

Exodus 3:16
Go and get together the chiefs of the children of Israel, and say to them, The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has been seen by me, and has said, Truly I have taken up your cause, because of what is done to you in Egypt;
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by ChiefOkporghe: 11:14am On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
You can’t collect a a chieftaincy title, but if you invited to England to accept a Knighthood from the king you will go.

We’ve been programmed to despise and reject our own traditions while we adore, worship and embrace another man’s culture as being superior.

Who did this to us?!?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by ChiefOkporghe: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2023
wolesmile:
Here we go again.
Even those that brought the religion to us take traditional titles, with sacrifices made before their coronation.
They have dukes and duchess. They have Earls. Even their Lords and Ladies are their traditional titles. Even if most of us were not yet born when Elizabeth III was crowned, we all witnessed the sacrifices that went down in the course of her burial and crowning of the new king. After all, some parts, if not all, was transmitted live. And they called the king the head of the church.
But now we are more religious than those that brought the religion to us.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2023
Mpanyi:
Nothing wrong absolutely as long as there is no worship of idol in the process. A well-deserved chieftaincy title always makes sense.
no idol worshipping bro. It's a very great fortune that come with it
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Dancebreaker: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:

Who did this to us?!?
The brainwash nor be here. Very sad. And many of their MoGs are top in different secret societies.
But average darkie dey form more Christian than the pope. Oyinbo really mentally imprison most dudu people seriously. Pathetic, grin grin cheesy cheesy

When black man will free himself like Japanese, Chinese, Indians, and others, I don't know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by shortgun(m): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2023
A proud African man with traditional title bestowed upon me by the gods of my fathers. cool
Any day my pastor says I won't enter church because of my title or the many wives I intend to marry in the future I'll leave the church for him.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Henryfortune(m): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

Talk true, you meant to say he is your god? Role model is just your coded way of saying god since you know that if you say so, you don finish everything.

But he said what he said .... Why is hard for you to just accept others the way they are ... Being a role model to someone dose that make them God... If Rolando or Messi are my role model when it comes to persistency football achievement and wealthy dose that make them God or "my God" a model is like a standard to either attain a role model is someone you look up to in modeling your own life .. also wole Soyinka china Achebe are literally role model to any writing audience it's just endless pls

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by nazicartel(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
if someone like baba ADEBOYE doesn't have any chieftaincy title, then I don't think I need one as a Christian. because baba is my role model.
wetin concern you and Adeboye ?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by sisibuma: 11:20am On Jul 02, 2023
That's absolutely not. If you're bestowed with a chieftancy title take it. You see our culture has gone forever. Our forefathers believe so much on idols. And the same time they know God more than we current generation. They even live longer than us. But look at our present generation, what have we been able to achieve. Brother do not reject a chieftancy title given to you. That won't make you not to worship you Alfa and Omega.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:21am On Jul 02, 2023
ThinkSmarter:
It depends on the type of Christian you asked.
Catholics, Methodists, Anglicans, Presbyterians, etc will be okay with it.
But Deeper Life, Lord`s Chosen, JW.org, etc frowns at that.

Catholic church does NOT permit members taking Chieftaincy title, plz. sad

However, if a Member secretly goes to take a Chieftaincy title,
The church won't do him Anything. 🤨😒

But if the Fellow takes a 2nd wife, He will be Stopped from taking Holy communion. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Stevosty: 11:22am On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

Talk true, you meant to say he is your god? Role model is just your coded way of saying god since you know that if you say so, you don finish everything.
so you don't know the difference between a god and a role model or you are trying to be mischievous, papa Adeboye won't allow anyone to make him his or her god.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2023
sisibuma:
That's absolutely not. If you're bestowed with a chieftancy title take it. You see our culture has gone forever. Our forefathers believe so much on idols. And the same time they know God more than we current generation. They even live longer than us. But look at our present generation, what have we been able to achieve. Brother do not reject a chieftancy title given to you. That won't make you not to worship you Alfa and Omega.

Bros,
EVERY Chieftaincy title in Nigeria are attached to Traditional/diabolical rites,
Which the receiver Must perform. undecided

Don't deceive urself Plz. 😒

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by iramure(m): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
adeboye is not perfect, christainity is a man made religion. Just be kind to yourself and people around you. Let no man's lifestyle determine how you live yours.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2023
Taking chief title is bad but joining occultic Knight of Catholic church is good? Una dey ment
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Cjayboy: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2023
Let all men of good conscience focus on their way...
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by WayStage(m): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:

Who did this to us?!?
A thousand like for you brodo...
OP, this is the perfect answer.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
no idol worshipping bro. It's a very great fortune that come with it

Which Fortune? 😒

The Only Fortune is maybe, getting some Community Employment Slots For your children or relatives. 😕

NOTHING More!

Taking Chieftaincy titles is Akin to joining an Occultic society
because most of the Chiefs in most Chief/Elders council are very Diabolical. embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by mbaise1000: 11:30am On Jul 02, 2023
Fiscus105:
Which means christian cant be king? Yet we want idols to disappear from our society.

Any man of God that says christian cant be king or going into politics, is an enemy of Christianity.

And what will be your definition of a Christian?
If you know the TRUE meaning of a Christian you will know that there are certain professions and works and jobs even legal that are not for a CHRISTIAN.
A Christian will not accept any job that contradicts the teachings of Jesus Christ, for example, the law says don't kill, and Jesus says under no condition are you allowed to kill anyone, Jesus told us to forgive any offence committed against us no matter how many times, now the law allowed soldiers to kill people, now does the law of man nullify the law of God? Supercede the law of God? Don't you see a Christian is not supposed to be a soldier? Or will the soldier tell Jesus Christ on judgement day that his govt ordered him to murder?
Anu job or activity that puts you in the position of taking decisions that contradicts the will and commandments of Jesus is not for a Christian.
BTW, A CHRISTIAN IS ONE THAT FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS AND LIFESTYLE AND FOOTSTEPS OF JESUS CHRIST. it's not anymore that claims to be a Christian

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 11:34am On Jul 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Which Fortune? 😒

The Only Fortune is maybe, getting some Community Employment Slots For your children or relatives. 😕

NOTHING More!

Taking Chieftaincy titles is Akin to joining an Occultic society
because most of the Chiefs in most Chief/Elders council are very Diabolical. embarassed undecided

it's not community slots bro. The fortunes are beyond your comprehension, although it also depends on the type of monarch giving you the title. Some monarchs possess the powers of great Spirits of Kings while others are just mere political appointees without royal blood. So it depends on who's giving you the title
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? by PrinceMajestic: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2023
Fiscus105:
Which means christian cant be king? Yet we want idols to disappear from our society.

Any man of God that says christian cant be king or going into politics, is an enemy of Christianity.
people like this should not have an identity. Your existence is a shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Church Members Attack Elderly Woman In Lagos, Accuse Her Of Being A Witch (Pics) / If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? / Pastor Adeboye Invokes Fire On Cultists In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.