Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,722 members, 7,813,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me (22687 Views)

Honda Civic 2008 Refuses To Start After Panel Beater Burn Some Cables. / Advice Me Before I Burn My Money. Benz Wahala / Okada Or Keke Napep, Which One Scares You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Lanretoye(m): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
blowjohn:
Schizophrenia.

U need to calm down with some haloperidol
face your studies.

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Henrydata(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
[quote author=fineboynl post=124179298]I don’t know if its just me.

The way fuel burns now eh is so alarming.
[/quote

You are absolutely correct, not just you.

Sometimes, I have this thought that someone steals the fuel in the generator at night

2 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by FangVin: 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ok
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by jhydayboy(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
I used to think that I'm alone in this, I bought fuel from one these popular filling station yesterday and my vehicle starts misbehaving after 2mins drive. The fuel dries up quickly

2 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by maxzzo1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
That was my initial thought, but I don't think is correct formally 5k fuel der near half tank but presently na 9litres (511) see d difference....b4 u move left and right na reserve light u go see.....may God help us

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Heffalump(m): 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:
I don’t know if its just me.

The fuels are poor quality with low Octane number

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Mummyfour(f): 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
Every driver I have met or know is complaining the same thing.
The problem with Nigeria is docility.
We just take everything the government and wicked people dish out to us and "leave it for God". The importers of this useless fuel know about it's quality as well as the Nigerian users.

We are paying more for rubbish

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by veeberry(m): 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
Change your plugs
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Morbeta11(m): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Kingdemu:
Subsidy removal don dey mek guys kolo cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have been expecting this thread.

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Bombolistic: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

I'm with you on this. I thought I was the only one that noticed this

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by muykem: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

Na the money dey burn fast not fuel.

2 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Bombolistic: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
veeberry:
Change your plugs

This is not plug issue
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by obinna58(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
somehow:

Max of 8 liters on a 2 hours drive.

Did you calculate the kilometres you drove?

A liter should give you 12.5km, so do the math.
A liter can as well give you 3km depending on the type of road

Stop calculating by km, u think say Nigeria na London city drive

3 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by 4gunners(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
YOUNGELDER1:

Like it’s crazy !

You’re not the only one . I bought fuel of 32k just 1 week ago, the fuel gauge has dropped now.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by egopersonified(f): 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
It's same thing ooo. It doesn't burn faster. It's just your mind playing tricks on you. I have always bought 40 litres every Sunday. I still buy same 40 litres.

2 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by gaddafe(m): 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

I also thought it was just me
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Mom007(f): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
RoadMozart:
Most times its the rubbish they sell in all these fuel stations.

I met a man that came to fix his range rover where I fix my car. His problem was that he filled his tank of 100 litres with fuel but when the mechanic emptied the contents of the tank, we all saw more than 25 litres of water. The dude almost went berserk.

These fuel people now dilute their fuel with water.
No one dilutes their fuel with water. Those that sell such fuel have a leakage in their underground tanks. I mean Nigerians are wicked, but not that wicked🙄

2 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Integrafamoo: 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

Too expensive and too volatile. I thought I was the only one

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Taiwo20(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:
I don’t think it’s water. Maybe water enters their tank.

But the fuel right now is up to something. Only God knows what they mix it with.

some dealers do mix water with fuel. based on experience
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Chetas81(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
Who's fault 😜
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by risos(m): 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Carry ur engine go makanik
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by abidem4real: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

Fuel burns so fast these days?! That's funny. Jagaban may be drinking from it. Clown!
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by bonnyhope: 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

Is because you don't buy enough
And your eyes always on guage when driving
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by bonnyhope: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
RoadMozart:
Most times its the rubbish they sell in all these fuel stations.

I met a man that came to fix his range rover where I fix my car. His problem was that he filled his tank of 100 litres with fuel but when the mechanic emptied the contents of the tank, we all saw more than 25 litres of water. The dude almost went berserk.

These fuel people now dilute their fuel with water.
While diuting it when they sell at high price
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by wirinet(m): 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:
I don’t think it’s water. Maybe water enters their tank.

But the fuel right now is up to something. Only God knows what they mix it with.

They mix it with ethanol. Ethanol mix perfectly with petrol. Depending on the cost of a litre of ethanol when compared to petrol, it might be economical to mix ethanol with petrol.

For your information ethanol burns faster than petrol.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by ConfidentialDoc: 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

You see a lot of cheap low octane adulterated fuel enter this country. Most are biofuels containing ethanol.
They evaporate, burn faster, and eventually kill your engine

3 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by bonnyhope: 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
SLOVFO:
It's not just you brother. It seems that I am refuelling my car almost every other day. And it's scary

Park the car and start using public transport
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by ConfidentialDoc: 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
wirinet:

They mix it with ethanol. Ethanol mix perfectly with petrol. Depending on the cost of a litre of ethanol when compared to petrol, it might be economical to mix ethanol with petrol.

For your information ethanol burns faster than petrol.

They destroy engines.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by olaztek(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
It's our psychology that's gaming us. We expect fuel price of #550 to run higher km than the previous price of #195.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by payloader(m): 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
Guys don dey kolo on colos. Subsidy removal don dey reset guys brain🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by wirinet(m): 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
obinna58:

A liter can as well give you 3km depending on the type of road

Stop calculating by km, u think say Nigeria na London city drive
No mind am, Aja go slow neva catch. He go know say 1litre no go do 100 metres.

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by 43Ronin: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2023
filling stations, marketers are busy buying kpo fire but pointing accusing fingers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Go For Passat Vw Or Toyota Camry? / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Nigeria’s Driver’s License Accepted In The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.