Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,917 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me (22680 Views)

Honda Civic 2008 Refuses To Start After Panel Beater Burn Some Cables. / Advice Me Before I Burn My Money. Benz Wahala / Okada Or Keke Napep, Which One Scares You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by nedekid: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:
I don’t know if its just me.

The way fuel burns now eh is so alarming.
Very very correct. Even the fuel has a little odour. I think it is low grade leaded fuel.
I noticed little black smoke yesterday when the vehicle was left to idle with Ac on for a while. Touching the inside of the exhaust showed black sooth. Ie incomplete combustion, poor fuel economy.
Mechanic is meant to remove my throttle mouth first thing tomorrow morning. I will then send my assistant to take it to ladipo, I hear they charge 5k to service it.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by ConfidentialDoc: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
nedekid:

Very very correct. Even the fuel has a little odour. I think it is low grade leaded fuel.
I noticed little black smoke yesterday when the vehicle was left to idle with Ac on for a while. Touching the inside of the exhaust showed black sooth. Ie incomplete combustion, poor fuel economy.
Mechanic is meant to remove my throttle mouth first thing tomorrow morning. I will then send my assistant to take it to ladipo, I hear they charge 5k to service it.

Those carbon deposits ruin engines.
Heaven help us.

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by nedekid: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jeyun:
Na condecent una dey buy, that is the by products of Modula refinery, most filling stations are now going for it to make much profit now that the original product is high. They load their tankers in the depot take it to the Stations those who can afford it the original product sell 15,000 litre to them take the tanker to the bush load it with 15,000 litre of condecent and send it back to the society to run their cars. If u are driving a brand new car v8 your name Na sorry after few months. Before now Na for North u go see mostly but since fuel subcidi e dey everywhere now.
I said it. Leaded fuel.
My madam de use v8 and I de use v6. Her working place no to far, ie about 5 kilometers away. Me, for my Waka, I burn atleast 12-15k daily!
Tomorrow morning, mechanic de come commot my throttle mouth, take am go ladipo for service, because I notice black sooth for the silencer. Ie incomplete combustion likely due to poor quality petrol.

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by RoadMozart(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
HITsquad:
See as you dey 100% mean dey talk this thing lol.

And also presenting yourself as a witness. Another mumu person go see am now go tell others...

This is exactly how rumors are spread guys... From one just one guy like this my guy here.

Cars don't run on water man. The car engine would be murdered if even only 5% of the amount of water you mentioned here finds its way to the fuel tank!
Pray you don't experience it.....
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
acorntree:

How did you arrived at 12.5km per litre Bec I used it to calculate for my daily fuel and it was accurate despite the fact that my car is even old

From other people's experiences including mine.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Jeyun: 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
nedekid:

I said it. Leaded fuel.
My madam de use v8 and I de use v6. Her working place no to far, ie about 5 kilometers away. Me, for my Waka, I burn atleast 12-15k daily!
Tomorrow morning, mechanic de come commot my throttle mouth, take am go ladipo for service, because I notice black sooth for the silencer. Ie incomplete combustion likely due to poor quality petrol.
then select the Stations u buy petrol from. Total stations most times sells treated fuel but this particular total station at lasu road after igondo roundabout to iyanoba they don compromise. Petrocam for me Na no no. They dey mix full 30,000 litre form depot with condecent 15,000 original fuel 15,000 condecent fuel making it one truck 30,000 much profit for them now. Na wetin my friend Papa filling station for porthacort road that year for ahuoda East dey do, I buy 190 Benz under 2month after I graduate 2007. money too much for condecent that's why they no go fit stop Modula refinery finish. Just mind the kind of station u refill from.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Clazzone(m): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
I have been wondering too, inshort I have parked my car at home for a week now
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Clazzone(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
You are very correct
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by ubest1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
The fuel burn same ur purchased power makes it look so, before 5k @ 185 per liter is 27 litres compare to now 9liters
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Rotji(m): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
theophorus:
You buy Fuel 550 you no know say He go quick finish?
If na 50# you buy litre, you no go care but you see that 500+ ehn?

Well, to clear you doubt just dey buy from only mega stations.

They are all the same, a distance that use to take 10 liters of PMS now requires 25 liters. It's crazy and I observed this started happening immediately subsidy was pronounced removed
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by lightwind(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
I thought i am the only one noticing that 🙁
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by nedekid: 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jeyun:
then select the Stations u buy petrol from. Total stations most times sells treated fuel but this particular total station at lasu road after igondo roundabout to iyanoba they don compromise. Petrocam for me Na no no. They dey mix full 30,000 litre form depot with condecent 15,000 original fuel 15,000 condecent fuel making it one truck 30,000 much profit for them now. Na wetin my friend Papa filling station for porthacort road that year for ahuoda East dey do, I buy 190 Benz under 2month after I graduate 2007. money too much for condecent that's why they no go fit stop Modula refinery finish. Just mind the kind of station u refill from.
Quite educating info. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by manforgu: 8:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
The cause of this is simple, marketers now buy napthaline from these modular refineries and do a 50/50 or 60/40 mixture with the real imported PMS thereby getting a lighter PMS before selling to customers. This napthaline is highly volatile and burns faster than fuel.
The guy above me has said it all. That's the game.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by mabeni(m): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
RoadMozart:
Most times its the rubbish they sell in all these fuel stations.

I met a man that came to fix his range rover where I fix my car. His problem was that he filled his tank of 100 litres with fuel but when the mechanic emptied the contents of the tank, we all saw more than 25 litres of water. The dude almost went berserk.

These fuel people now dilute their fuel with water.
not possible. Water can never be used in diluting fuel.

I will return repeat, it's not possible
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Ovieemmanuel: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:
If the current slowpoke occupying the villa had allowed Jonathan to remove this subsidy long ago, all this would have been a thing of the past. Our refineries would be working optimally by now. But politics of hate and bitterness won't allow them to see the future. Now, the fool rushed to remove subsidy without adequate plans. What an slowpoke!!
One thing I am sure if in all thses, those who supports oppressors because of tribalism or religion, will be the most hit. Karma is a damn bitch. If you sow the wind, you reao whirlwind.
you are right and we are all fooling our self claiming one Nigeria. The last election has shown otherwise
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by ArewaNorth: 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:
I don’t know if its just me.

The way fuel burns now eh is so alarming.

Na expensiveness dey scare u Jare....Go full your tank and see if it will burn fast....
grin grin grin
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Compliant(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
Was thinking this is just me, bought fuel of 30,000 last Saturday and each time I look at the gauge, is like the thing is just moving downward faster than normal.

Someone even suggested that the best time to buy fuel and the filling station is in the morning before sun comes out
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Blackdisciple(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
Kingdemu:
Subsidy removal don dey mek guys kolo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who ever voted or manipulated this Dreaded APC to continue will also face it too I mean those Ince ad-hoc staffs, NYSC etc grin grin
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by easytig(m): 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
[This is shocking and sad,we are now using our hard earned money to buy adulterated fuel at an exorbitant rate,it's just a matter of time for people 's engines to start giving way.

No quality control in this shithole
quote author=manforgu post=124279735]The cause of this is simple, marketers now buy napthaline from these modular refineries and do a 50/50 or 60/40 mixture with the real imported PMS thereby getting a lighter PMS before selling to customers. This napthaline is highly volatile and burns faster than fuel.
The guy above me has said it all. That's the game.[/quote]
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Snowx: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hahaha

He nor dey burn

Na the suffering dey make you think say he dey burn and the huge amount spend on buying a little

Una never see anything

The shege go go round...as in he go do to and fro
Then do looping join

Next time una nor go step into the polling unit with tribalism and sentiments

They know the truth...it MUST go round and the mofos will regret been sentiment and tribalistic
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by ACE1010: 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
It's so so scary. It's a low density fuel
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by obinna58(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
somehow:

Except your engine is bad, you bought a bad fuel, issues with oxygen, you're using a V8 or V12 engine, why should an I4-v6 engine give you just 3km per liter?
Potholes, bumps, traffics, minor hills, anything requiring you to match your brake and rev engine
In Nigeria v4 v6 engine hardly goes beyond 5-6km on a liter of fuel forget they told you it can go 10-12km
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by GistFullGround: 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
NEVER use any car that is 2.5 Liters & above!
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
obinna58:

Potholes, bumps, traffics, minor hills, anything requiring you to match your brake and rev engine
In Nigeria v4 v6 engine hardly goes beyond 5-6km on a liter of fuel forget they told you it can go 10-12km

Remember that you're not the only one driving on these bad roads.

At least 2 people already attested that their vehicles do 12.5km per liter on this thread.

Maybe something is wrong somewhere.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by tnerro1(m): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
Buy from reliable stations, I only buy from A A RANO, their pumps are correct and the fuel is good. This is not the time to dash fuel stations ur money oooo
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by tosyne2much(m): 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
It still burns the same way

It's all human psychology due to the unbearable increase in price
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Harrynight(m): 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
We should rather talk about the rate at which a liter reduced in quantity
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by IjeBos(m): 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
Why not just measure the miles/gallon. Fill the tank. Drive it. Calculate how many miles you drove. Refill it and see how many gallons you used to refill it. Divide the miles you drove by the amount it took to refill it. Will tell you how much gasoline you are using.

Also to increase mileage, get a tune up (oil, plugs, air and fuel filter), make sure your tires aren't underinflated and keep a constant speed (braking and then having to accelerate burns fuel).
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by maryalloy(f): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
I was just telling someone exactly this Morning
The fuel be like na breeze dey blow am
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Equitty15(m): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
Lool..same here..na so me and my fiance dey suspect our neighbor
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by obinna58(m): 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
somehow:

Remember that you're not the only one driving on these bad roads.

At least 2 people already attested that their vehicles do 12.5km per liter on this thread.

Maybe something is wrong somewhere.
Lol 12.5km indeed
And here they’re complaining
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Twilight2: 5:21am On Jul 08, 2023
kernniejay:

I don't think that they dilute their fuel with water. What happens in most cases is that when rain falls, water gets into their underground fuel storage if it's not properlly sealed, their fuel pump will suck the mixture and nozzle will dispense both water and fuel into vehicles' fuel tank.
No filling station will intentionally dilute fuel with water, such will damage customers' car now and not only will they lose customers, their reputation will also go for it and they may be sued for a very serious criminal offence.

Must times, we should appreciate others view and not always think we are always correct with our views.

Most filling station are adding water to their fuel, same happen to me this Monday, my new car 🚗 that I was driving from Car stand, decided to buy fuel in Ikorodu to enable me drive home.

Bros when I got to Custom Headquarters at Ikeja, naxo my car no gree trotto, Bros I fear, make New Motor no go off for road for me ooo, Lagos get the way e take dey oo, them no dey pack for road.

Mechanic said it's the fuel, that is mixed with water, decided to buy fuel and also buy fuel cleanser, something like that, that's what that person's meant by saying 4L, boss is that the name? Bros till now the car never fail like that again.

I suppose drive go Delta, but bcs of that thing, I gat change mind, make I no go drive reach Shagamu, make e start to worry, that will be a journey I won't forget, Bros I'm in Delta now, went here with Agofure, can't kill myself.

But this fuel stations are not doing well.

Bros my car dey shrink for my eyes, e cun be like say na the motor dey chop fuel, I don tell my wife say, e be like say na the exhales (stand to be corrected) that is making the car to chop fuel, but I have confirmed it now. Fuel cost and not durable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Go For Passat Vw Or Toyota Camry? / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Nigeria’s Driver’s License Accepted In The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.