Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me (22693 Views)

Honda Civic 2008 Refuses To Start After Panel Beater Burn Some Cables. / Advice Me Before I Burn My Money. Benz Wahala / Okada Or Keke Napep, Which One Scares You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by habex005(m): 6:47am On Jul 08, 2023
I sell gas carburettor for your generator..
Send me WhatsApp on zero8zero26667822
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 7:11am On Jul 08, 2023
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Caseless: 7:36am On Jul 08, 2023
kernniejay:

I don't think that they dilute their fuel with water. What happens in most cases is that when rain falls, water gets into their underground fuel storage if it's not properlly sealed, their fuel pump will suck the mixture and nozzle will dispense both water and fuel into vehicles' fuel tank.
No filling station will intentionally dilute fuel with water, such will damage customers' car now and not only will they lose customers, their reputation will also go for it and they may be sued for a very serious criminal offence.
Desperate sellers might not think like this - they know Nigerians don't sue for damages and the court will slow you down.

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Netmuch(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2023
Na so Dem tell me too na oil money I dey find o
Kingdemu:
It's your transmission that is about to pack up. Buy 5L Abro transmission oil and do an oil change quick. grin
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by fineboynl(m): 8:10am On Jul 08, 2023
Twilight2:

Must times, we should appreciate others view and not always think we are always correct with our views.

Most filling station are adding water to their fuel, same happen to me this Monday, my new car đźš— that I was driving from Car stand, decided to buy fuel in Ikorodu to enable me drive home.

Bros when I got to Custom Headquarters at Ikeja, naxo my car no gree trotto, Bros I fear, make New Motor no go off for road for me ooo, Lagos get the way e take dey oo, them no dey pack for road.

Mechanic said it's the fuel, that is mixed with water, decided to buy fuel and also buy fuel cleanser, something like that, that's what that person's meant by saying 4L, boss is that the name? Bros till now the car never fail like that again.

I suppose drive go Delta, but bcs of that thing, I gat change mind, make I no go drive reach Shagamu, make e start to worry, that will be a journey I won't forget, Bros I'm in Delta now, went here with Agofure, can't kill myself.

But this fuel stations are not doing well.

Bros my car dey shrink for my eyes, e cun be like say na the motor dey chop fuel, I don tell my wife say, e be like say na the exhales (stand to be corrected) that is making the car to chop fuel, but I have confirmed it now. Fuel cost and not durable.
what kind of fuel cleaner did you buy?
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Twilight2: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2023
fineboynl:
what kind of fuel cleaner did you buy?

That's my bad, I really didn't take note of the brand, it was the mechanic that ask the girl at the filling station if she has fuel cleaner and she brought it, I was scared if my fuel pump was bad
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by DaRuud(m): 9:10am On Jul 08, 2023
I thought as much. The rate at which my fuel rundown is amazing , the fuel burn quick unlike before the subsidy removal

fineboynl:
I don’t know if its just me.

The way fuel burns now eh is so alarming.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by cowboyT: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
Angrygoat:
The fuel has almost damaged my pump. My car suddenly doesn't do slow again and I had almost 18litres left. I have called my mechanic to come and loose the pump and soak it inside diesel.
Soaking it in diesel?
what's the magic Pls.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Angrygoat: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
It might work better. Funny enuf i no start engine till 4 days of soaking it inside sun. Rain no allow sun beat am well.so far its working like it should and mpg slightly increased abt 5 percent
cowboyT:

Soaking it in diesel?
what's the magic Pls.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Munzy14(m): 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
Angrygoat:
The fuel has almost damaged my pump. My car suddenly doesn't do slow again and I had almost 18litres left. I have called my mechanic to come and loose the pump and soak it inside diesel.
Suffered this 2weeks ago..Bad fuel messes the pump.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 6:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
obinna58:

Lol 12.5km indeed
And here they’re complaining

Less than a 40 mins drive in lagos.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by obinna58(m): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2023
somehow:

Less than a 40 mins drive in lagos.
10-15mins drive
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by greatefa1011(m): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2023
Thank you guys. My wife quarrels me to take my car for service because of high fuel consumption by the car. I kept wandering where to start from. Because me Hani s and electricians go still check chop you even tell you to change parts that may be faultless.
Thanks for this observation.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
obinna58:

10-15mins drive

12km is more than 10-15mins in Lagos.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by obinna58(m): 6:39am On Jul 09, 2023
somehow:

12km is more than 10-15mins in Lagos.

you can jog 12km between 40-50mins, I can go 40, are you saying my legs are better in Lagos
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 6:59am On Jul 09, 2023
obinna58:

you can jog 12km between 40-50mins, I can go 40, are you saying my legs are better in Lagos

So no more traffic and potholes on our roads to reduce 12km to 3km per liter?

12km may likely take you up to 40 mins to cover in Lagos if you're on the road with these factors.

The map image here is without traffic and no major potholes known on this route.

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by obinna58(m): 8:06am On Jul 09, 2023
somehow:

So no more traffic and potholes on our roads to reduce 12km to 3km per liter?
Judge by majority and not by your location

somehow:

12km may likely take you up to 40 mins to cover in Lagos if you're on the road with these factors.

The map image here is without traffic and no major potholes known on this route.
No traffics no potholes and it’s still taking 40mins for 12km, stop letting google confuse you, it should be a fvking 5-7mins ride
Are you saying legs are now faster than cars
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 9:04am On Jul 09, 2023
obinna58:

Judge by majority and not by your location

No traffics no potholes and it’s still taking 40mins for 12km, stop letting google confuse you, it should be a fvking 5-7mins ride
Are you saying legs are now faster than cars

Are you checking what you're typing at all?

Do you crosscheck what you type with what you're responding to?

Does your responses not show contradictions to you the writer?
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by obinna58(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2023
somehow:

Are you checking what you're typing at all?

Do you crosscheck what you type with what you're responding to?

Does your responses not show contradictions to you the writer?
Point it out or were you thinking you can’t possibly burn a litter of fuel under 5mins?
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 11:47am On Jul 09, 2023
obinna58:

Point it out or were you thinking you can’t possibly burn a litter of fuel under 5mins?

Why exactly did you quote me from the start?
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by obinna58(m): 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
somehow:

Why exactly did you quote me from the start?
Really dude really??

I said majority, now major cities of a popular state is your counting here
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by somehow: 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
obinna58:

Really dude really??

I said majority, now major cities of a popular state is your counting here

Go and check my first comment you quoted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Should I Go For Passat Vw Or Toyota Camry? / Nigeria’s Driver’s License Accepted In The USA

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.