Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me (22692 Views)

Honda Civic 2008 Refuses To Start After Panel Beater Burn Some Cables. / Advice Me Before I Burn My Money. Benz Wahala / Okada Or Keke Napep, Which One Scares You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by wirinet(m): 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

They destroy engines.
They don't if mixture is not more than 1:10
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by bonnyhope: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
IamMobisola:
I bought 4k fuel today on an empty tank to go to the hospital, an hour drive away from my house. I got back home with an empty tank. 😓😓

Two hours drive to and fro without traffic 😪😪

That's just 8 litrs na
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by nairalanda1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:
If the current slowpoke occupying the villa had allowed Jonathan to remove this subsidy long ago, .

Oga, please don't use this comment, because you are making Jonathan look like a weak man.

At the end, Jonathan was the president. He had the power to remove subsidy. He had the power to tell Buhari and Tinubu to go and sit down, that they were not seeing what he was seeing, and then he would have removed the subsidy.

Also, I remember those days. Most Nigerians were opposed to subsidy removal. Also, crude was above 110 dollars per barrel...so the way Nigerians saw it, we were earning lots and lots of money, so why should we stop paying for subsidy.?

Some of us had our eyes opened to how bad subsidy was, but most people then refused to see.

Even then Jonathan, and before him, all of our leaders from Gowon to Obasanjo, were not brave enough to remove subsidy, and that also includes Buhari.

Even Tinubu is removing subsidy not because he wants to but because we are using 75% of our revenue to service debts. To find money for subsidy means we have to borrow more...which means we would soon be using 100% of our revenue,plus loans to pay for subsidy, and have nothing for budget, or any other things.

In other words, we are at point zero. We have no choice. And if Obi or Atiku took over, the same thing would have happened, because Buhari budgeted subsidy till end of June. And if we want to find money...the same story. That is why Obi and Atiku both side they would remove subsidy.

Again, this is not about excusing anyone. Or supporting any APC government. God knows, I don;t like either party, or LP. God knows I wanted Nigerians to vote out PDP and APC, and bring in new people...but right now, we don't have the money, even if we cut spending...to keep paying for subsidy.

And I effing wish it was not so. With all my heart.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by ConfidentialDoc: 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
wirinet:

They don't if mixture is not more than 1:10

Youre a marketer ?

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by nairalanda1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
obinna58:

A liter can as well give you 3km depending on the type of road

Stop calculating by km, u think say Nigeria na London city drive

Varies from car to car too. A Lexus won't consume at the same rate as a corrrolla, or a Peugeout.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by wirinet(m): 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Youre a marketer ?
No. I am just explaining that ethanol makes petrol burn faster.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by nairalanda1(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ten06:
The petrol that they currently import into the country now is fuel with low octane rating. It also contain so much impurity

I think it has always been that bad.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by olab059(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:
I don’t know if its just me.

The way fuel burns now eh is so alarming.

BRO!!!! It is not just you o! I thought I was paranoid or going crazy. My fuel has been finishing so fast. Abi have they made the fuel lighter to make more money off of it something.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by occfx: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

Talk true, who did we vote for if not jagaban. It will Favour who and who self
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by SLOVFO(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
bonnyhope:

Park the car and start using public transport

I do that sometimes...but this is rainy season. Having a car is not a luxury in this season but a necessity.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by bonnyhope: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
maxzzo1:
That was my initial thought, but I don't think is correct formally 5k fuel der near half tank but presently na 9litres (511) see d difference....b4 u move left and right na reserve light u go see.....may God help us

Don't worry

We will soon adapt
Nigerians are good at adaptation quickly
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by spencekat(m): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
bonnyhope:

While diuting it when they sell at high price

No mind am
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by ConfidentialDoc: 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
wirinet:

No. I am just explaining that ethanol makes petrol burn faster.

Ok thought you were a marketer.
Yes, ethonaol would do that. It's a no brainer.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
For me oo. I refuse to buy fuel indiscriminately from any gas stations unlike before subsidy removal. I buy fuel from NNPC Ltd now and i have peace of mind.
fineboynl:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Georgejeez: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
If you as a lady visit a guy , he put on gen for fan to blow you .

And you leave his house without allowing him to do the do .

Thunder when dem don remove subsidy from, suppose fire you before you reach house .

2 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by olab059(m): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
biggz82:
That's because the fuel has very poor octane number/rating

Abeg explain in layman terms.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by olab059(m): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
slowice:
Thought I was yhd only one who noticed... Had to even go for scanning omo grin grin

Was hunting for a fault to blame it on I no see I just weak
grin

This made me laugh

grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by blowjohn(m): 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
Lanretoye:
face your studies.

Take double the dose pls
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by HitlerWasRight: 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
RoadMozart:
Most times its the rubbish they sell in all these fuel stations.

I met a man that came to fix his range rover where I fix my car. His problem was that he filled his tank of 100 litres with fuel but when the mechanic emptied the contents of the tank, we all saw more than 25 litres of water. The dude almost went berserk.

These fuel people now dilute their fuel with water.

I knew it

My car engine that is less than 30k mileage is not firing as before .

And is stalling on idling .

Bastards

2 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by olab059(m): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
maxzzo1:
That was my initial thought, but I don't think is correct formally 5k fuel der near half tank but presently na 9litres (511) see d difference....b4 u move left and right na reserve light u go see[b][/b].....may God help us

LMAO! That reserve light dey annoy me ehn! I don't go out as much anymore.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Dandat(m): 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
Most pipo here will think its the price that's bringing this up but hell no i run a bet store i fill my tank 15litres every morning without light the whole day i will use it till 10pm and it will still remain little but since this hike the same 15litres won't take me to 10pm so basically something is wrong with the fuel now it might not be all the filling stations but something has changed

11 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by COMPAQ(m): 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:
If the current slowpoke occupying the villa had allowed Jonathan to remove this subsidy long ago, all this would have been a thing of the past. Our refineries would be working optimally by now. But politics of hate and bitterness won't allow them to see the future. Now, the fool rushed to remove subsidy without adequate plans. What an slowpoke!!
One thing I am sure if in all thses, those who supports oppressors because of tribalism or religion, will be the most hit. Karma is a damn bitch. If you sow the wind, you reao whirlwind.

Your post makes no sense because when Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy as you say, what adequate plans did Jonathan have in place!?

Where our refineries working then? The answer is No! So what difference would it have made then and now?

At least now, we even have Dangote refinery to come on stream soon.

2 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by COMPAQ(m): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

Story! There is no difference dude.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by olab059(m): 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
bonnyhope:

Is because you don't buy enough
And your eyes always on guage when driving

lmao! This made me laugh.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
I will advice you buy full tank to experiment this claim.
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by olab059(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
Dandat:
Most pipo here will think its the price that's bringing this up but hell no i run a bet store i fill my tank 15litres every morning without light the whole day i will use it till 10pm and it will still remain little but since this hike the same 15litres won't take me to 10pm so basically something is wrong with the fuel now it might not be all the filling stations but something has changed

Thanks for sharing this. I also base my complaint on the amount of liters I use, not on the money I am spending on the fuel. Journey that used to take me 5 liters is now taking me like 8 liters.

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
fineboynl:

bro it’s not just you. I’ve been wondering about this myself

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Poske95(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tekzyflex:

You are very correct!

Tot I was dreaming.....?!!!!!
Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by Passionate69(m): 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
The fuel don't burn fast, but the fuel you bought is not complete, this filling station adjust there pumps so that when you buy ten litre, you are actually buying eight [8] litres

4 Likes

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by highoctane: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
ojusin1:
Please can anyone share his/her personal experience using fuel factor X (FFX)? How efficient and economical is it?
Die it.
Fash it.
The best way to save your fuel is this.
Don't drive your car.
Don't even start it....

1 Like

Re: The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me by neeyor88: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
I been think sey my vehicle don get problem ni sha..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Should I Go For Passat Vw Or Toyota Camry? / Nigeria’s Driver’s License Accepted In The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.