Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge (13777 Views)

What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by arsenefc: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2011
2mch:

bridges are not cheap, especially quality bridges. Plus these contractors have to pay staff and make a profit. I dont think it is outrageous if it is a soundly built bridge. Construction workers are not cheap at all.

which workers are not cheap?

the ones that get paid per hour in the US/UK or the ones that make 5 dollars per 12-hour day in Nigeria?

How ever you look at it, the price is over-over-inflated. No be the same Falomo bridge? common.    .    .
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by debosky(m): 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
@ ekt bear

Like you said, a bridge spanning a relatively deep bay like in San Fransisco raised to a high elevation, involving bridge suspension systems and the like make it a very poor comparator to this 'flyover' equivalent on solid ground.

For reference look at how much flyovers are built for in India - 3 flyovers of lengths 800m, 340m and 375m (i.e. over 1.5km in total length) were built at a cost of $7.5m (2007 cost). This equates to about $750,000 for 150m of flyover compared to over $15m for a 115m section of flyover in Lagos.

http://www.dargroup.com/pdf/projects/PuneFlyovers.pdf

This flyover is ridiculously overpriced.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Demdem(m): 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
The bridge is a good initiative and definitely needed. However i admit that this bridge is a costly bridge no doubt.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by arsenefc: 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2011
It beats me why people like to compare Nigeria with the US. Instead of just shutting their fuccking mouth, they go ahead and make ridiculous comparisons with what is obtainable in the US, where they live.

So a ramp of N 120 M was constructed for N 2.5 Billion

Fashola is working, Lagosians are suffering, Eko-ile is licking, Ekt_Bear is rabble-rousing, Fstranger is questioning, Debosky is debunking, Alj-Harem is laughing, the rest are just watching cheesy

SMH
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by aljharem3: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
this fstranger na craze man grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by 2mch(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
Yes, construction workers in Nigeria are not cheap. The people that will supply that kind of labor will inflate the prices. This is Nigeria we are talking about! Anything imported is double the price not to talk of a bridge that was built in a limited time frame. Even foreign companies that come into Nigeria catch the bug and all inflate their prices. Nothing Fashola would be able to do about that, they know how the corrupt system in Nigeria works. Cunny man die, cunny man bury am. If you want cheap prices and bridges start with trying to make corruption illegal. This is business as usual in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
Demdem:

The bridge is a good initiative and definitely needed. However i admit that this bridge is a costly bridge no doubt.

In other words another glaring embezzlement of public money by Saint Fashola and his ACN goons. Na wa ooo.
Anyway, it is those who are carried away by his super star mien, and assumed incorrigibility that would be surprised that the man who deliberately gives Tinubu over N2 billion naira worth of tax-payers money is incapable of contract inflation.

Carry go, Oga Fashola (steal more), nothing do you; just plant more flowers! grin
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2011
Demdem:

Sounds like you are very sure and convinced that it cost too much.

1. This is a private deal and private entities are not only accountable to only their chair holders and not the state, but also, what's that got to do with this bridge belonging to the people of Lagos state at the end of the concession?

2. Since you are so sure that this bridge cost too much, do you have anything to show us in terns of figures and comparison with similar projects that you used?

It's perfectly OK to raise objections, but why not try to educate us with facts, figures and rational arguments that you based your objections on?

We are all here to learn, but what's there to learn if all we have is empty and baseless criticism not rooted in any knowledge?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by arsenefc: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

1. This is a private deal and private entities are not only accountable to[size=18pt] only their chair holders and not the state[/size], but also, what's that got to do with this bridge belonging to the people of Lagos state at the end of the concession?

2. Since you are so sure that this bridge cost too much, do you have anything to show us in terns of figures and comparison with similar projects that you used?

It's perfectly OK to raise objections, but why not try to educate us with your objections with facts, figures and rational arguments?

We are all here to learn, but what's there to learn if all we have is empty and baseless criticism not rooted in any knowledge?

It is not a solely Private venture.  What happens to the first "P" in PPP?

@Eko-Ile, I understand English is not your first language. And i also undertsand that private companies are accountable to people that HOLD THEIR CHAIRS. But what about their SHARE HOLDERS?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2011
2mch:

Yes, construction workers in Nigeria are not cheap. The people that will supply that kind of labor will inflate the prices. This is Nigeria we are talking about! Anything imported is double the price not to talk of a bridge that was built in a limited time frame. Even foreign companies that come into Nigeria catch the bug and all inflate their prices. Nothing Fashola would be able to do about that, they know how the corrupt system in Nigeria works. Cunny man die, cunny man bury am. If you want cheap prices and bridges start with trying to make corruption illegal. This is business as usual in Nigeria.

Another hypocritic pops up.

The point is that 'clueless' Jonathan have done better job caging contract inflation than the almighty fashola. This bridge should be probed. EFCC should shine their light on this. This is corruption on a massive scale! Fashola clearly cannot be ignorant of this massive looting; I bet he his a hand in it. The buck stops on his desk. Very disgrace and shameful, coming from Fashola! Lagos tax-payers are indeed suffering!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by aljharem3: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

this arsenafc  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

eko ile what happened to the first P in the PPP?

public private partnership
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by ektbear: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
Debosky: OK, so googling the term "cost of building a flyover", I also get this:

Work on the flyover will start at once, said Israr Saeed, director of the Traffic Engineering and Planning Agency. He said that work on the underpass is subject to the availability of funds. He said that an initial estimate put the cost of building the flyover and underpass at Rs2 billion.

The flyover will be a kilometre long and start and end 500 metres either side of Kalma Chowk on Ferozepur Road.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/123628/flyover-and-underpass-work-on-kalma-chowk-to-start-soon/

So that is $37 million per mile, assuming I've done my conversion between Pakistani Rupees and USD correctly.

Is this not a comparable project? Granted it also includes work on an underpass, which presumably increases the costs.

I think we need more data points before we can conclude that this single data point you provide (a project built for $8 million/mile in India) is actually representative.

Perhaps others can find and post other flyover projects, and calculate the cost. I'll check this thread again in a few hours.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by lordimpaq(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2011
That bridge has even caused more traffic.

frankly in my opinion, the traffic lights on the bridge are not needed because now, there's heavy traffic on Akin adesola which has spilled into Sanusi Fafunwa, Adeyemo alakija and Idowu taylor.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by 2mch(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2011
PointB:

The point is that 'clueless' Jonathan have done better job caging contract inflation than the almighty fashola. This bridge should be probed. EFCC should shine their light on this. This is corruption on a massive scale! Fashola clearly cannot be ignorant of this massive looting; I bet he his a hand in it. The buck stops on his desk. Very disgrace and shameful, coming from Fashola! Lagos tax-payers are indeed suffering!

At N944m/ 10 schools. hahahahhaha. Please kindly jump over Falomo bridge.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by aljharem3: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2011
PointB:

The point is that Jonathan have done better job caging contract inflation than the almighty fashola. [/b]This bridge should be probed. EFCC should shine their light on this. [b]This is corruption on a massive scale! Fashola clearly cannot be ignorant of this massive looting; I bet he his a hand in it. The buck stops on his desk. Very disgrace and shameful, coming from Fashola! Lagos tax-payers are indeed suffering!

Bros, stop talking rubbish here. the same Jonathan that was talking of IDs in 2010 worth 10 bn Naira and still has not done it. After which he as award extra 30-60 bn naira in 2 different contracts for the same scheme.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2011
arsenefc:

It is not a solely Private venture.  What happens to the first "P" in PPP?

Partnership is mostly the state fast tracking approvals and creating a non obstructive environment for the company to operate and deliver a quality project on time.  

Partnership doesn't mean state money and if you have any trail of state money involved, please let's see it before we debate anything. I really don't feel like getting into the usual redundant and pointless argument that as usual you can not support with anything.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2011
2mch:

lmao, that cracked me up
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by arsenefc: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

1. This is a private deal and private entities are not only accountable to only [size=18pt]their chair holders and[/size] not the state, but also, what's that got to do with this bridge belonging to the people of Lagos state at the end of the concession?

@Eko-Ile darling, how can i become a CHAIR HOLDER in LCC. And what kind of chair do they hold there?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by hercules07: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2011
The bridge built in Ilorin was officially priced at #2.3 billion Naira some years ago (unofficial figures quote a much higher price) and that was funded by the government.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2011
alj_harem:

eko ile what happened to the first P in the PPP?

public private partnership

You can find out simply by educating yourself,
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
arsenefc:

@Eko-Ile darling, how can i become a CHAIR HOLDER in LCC. And what kind of chair do they hold there?

I'm typing from my Iphone and that's the auto subjective spellers getting in the way.

Anyways, I care less. What's this got to do with you insinuating that PPP means public funds was spent on the project?

I still need you to deal with the quote below,

Partnership is mostly the state fast tracking approvals and creating a non obstructive environment for the company to operate and deliver a quality project on time. 

Partnership doesn't mean state money and if you have any trail of state money involved, please let's see it before we debate anything. I really don't feel like getting into the usual redundant and pointless argument that as usual you can not support with anything.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by arsenefc: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
Public–private partnership (PPP)[size=18pt] describes a government service or private business venture which is funded and operated through a partnership of government and one or more private sector companies.[/size] These schemes are sometimes referred to as PPP, P3 or P3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public%E2%80%93private_partnership

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2011
2mch:

So if one governor 'misappropriates'  N944 million, Fashola and Tinubu should combine to embezzle N2.5? Wonderful.
Is this sh.it from your arse of from your brain?

In any case we are discussing fashola's N2.5 billion naira bridge to no where.

This bridge should be probed!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by arsenefc: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
PointB:

So if one governor 'misappropriates'  N944 million, Fashola and Tinubu and Eko-Ile and Gbawe should combine to embezzle N2.5? Wonderful.
Is this sh.it from your arse of from your brain?

In any case we are discussing fashola's N2.5 billion naira bridge to no where.

This bridge should be probed!

Fixed!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by debosky(m): 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
@ ekt bear

You miss the point (slightly) - this 'bridge' is LESS COMPLICATED than a flyover and is simply a ramp.

More examples - a 500m flyover in the Philippines costing  ~$4m for 500m, still comes to less than $1m per 100m.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=731740&publicationSubCategoryId=107

Road projects in Nigeria are famous for their astronomically inflated costs.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by jason123: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2011
Point B
You are sounding and looking more stupi.d by the day. If you say this is corruption, then, I LOVE "CORRUPTION"! As long as the projects are executed! I am in support of political thieves, as long as they do their duty unlike the ones that steal and still don't do anything. Read what I said about Iweala some weeks ago (during the corruption saga), I said, I love her corruption as long as the country keeps improving.

We get your point, Fashola is corrupt because you want Rochas(the incorruptible) to be the President. Fine but stop regurgitating silliness on this thread. Lagosians are happy with their "corrupt" governor. Thank you!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by werepeLeri: 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2011
I like it when the opposition fight each other. LOL
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Bawss1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2011
^It must be a relief for the spotlight to shift from team GEJ to ACN cheesy
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2011
arsenefc:

This is the part that you dishonestly left out from the same wiki link just to justify your fallacy.

I[b]n some types of PPP, the cost of using the service is borne exclusively by the users of the service and not by the taxpayer.[/b]

Nice try.

Again, if you have any proof about state funds playing any part on this project, show us or stop wasting my time with your silly meanderings.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Demdem(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2011
PointB:

In other words another glaring embezzlement of public money by Saint Fashola and his ACN goons. Na wa ooo.
Anyway, it is those who are carried away by his super star mien, and assumed incorrigibility that would be surprised that the man who deliberately gives Tinubu over N2 billion naira worth of tax-payers money is incapable of contract inflation.

Carry go, Oga Fashola (steal more), nothing do you; just plant more flowers! grin
Eko Ile:

1. This is a private deal and private entities are not only accountable to only their chair holders and not the state, but also, what's that got to do with this bridge belonging to the people of Lagos state at the end of the concession?

It's perfectly OK to raise objections, but why not try to educate us with facts, figures and rational arguments that you based your objections on?

[b]Actually, am aint a structural/civil engineer however a registered one whom i trust so much seems to have his doubts having explained some basic things to me which to me is the basic "Nigerian Thing". He could be wrong in his assessment afteral he is human and not directly involved with the project.
sorry, cant bring in facts and figures becos i dont have any. Simply an honest opinion that still stands to be corrected with any facts and figures.
However, like i said earlier, its a good initiative and bridge definately needed./b]
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2011
Demdem:

[b]Actually, am aint a structural/civil engineer however a registered one whom i trust so much seems to have his doubts having explained some basic things to me which to me is the basic "Nigerian Thing". He could be wrong in his assessment afteral he is human and not directly involved with the project.
sorry, cant bring in facts and figures becos i dont have any. Simply an honest opinion that still stands to be corrected with any facts and figures.
However, like i said earlier, its a good initiative and bridge definately needed./b]

I do appreciate your candor and honesty. We all have opinions, but we are better served when we label our opinions as opinion and not like statements of facts.

I can not categorically tell you that you spend too much money on something without me giving credible comparisons to justify my statements against you and your judgment.

Again, I appreciate your post.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by bossinie: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

I asked some critical questions that you are either ignoring and refusing to answer or just too dishonest to support your own bogus reasoning with facts.

I'll ask again.

Seems to me you like to ask too much questions & listen-less to the answers to your ques. What a shame!!

Again, I'm not interested in your opinion or what you think you know, please give us documented fact at your disposable about this particular project.

Eko-Ile,you cannot be serious & what are you doing posting your own comments on a social network?? Seriously i think this "self-ignorance" is taking it's toll on u!!

Don't bother me or waste my time with your opinion.

Haaa haa ha! Do i sense frustration in your tone due to gross ignorance??

Ignorance is defined as lack of knowledge and till you produce accurate documented facts about this project, you are the gross purveyor of ignorance

For someone who is looking for proofs do you have any document to counter my claim??
If not you are the biggest 'IGNORAMUS' on NL
grin
I thought i answered you as shown below:

your Ques:[s]Are you part of the design and financing process?[/s]

My answer:Your question is like asking me if i need to be a banker to know the current bank lending rate??

your Ques:[s]Are you part of the financing team or banks?[/s]

My answer:No! but my naive brother,there are STANDARD PROCEDURES for obtaining finance loans(i know you do not know b,cos you are a 'self-imposed' ignoramus)

your Ques:[s]Are you in possession of the financing documents?[/s]

My answer:Not relevant!

your Ques:[s]Do you have the financing terms paperwork?[/s]

My answer:Arrant non-sense,maybe i should ask you defending them if you have the above documents??

your Ques:[s]Stick to what you know and leave your opinion just as opinion which you are entitled to.[/s]

My answer:What is now the essence of logical reasoning??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra: Man Arrested For Inducing Voters Says Money Meant For APGA Party Agents / PHOTOS: Buhari Delivers Speech At The Opening Of Paris Peace Forum / Oshiomhole Celebrates With Uselu Market Women, Call For The Sack Of PDP (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.