Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,692 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge (13534 Views)

What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2011
jason123:

Point B
You are sounding and looking more stupi.d by the day. If you say this is corruption, then, I LOVE "CORRUPTION"! As long as the projects are executed! I am in support of political thieves, as long as they do their duty unlike the ones that steal and still don't do anything. Read what I said about Iweala some weeks ago (during the corruption saga), I said, I love her corruption as long as the country keeps improving.

We get your point, Fashola is corrupt because you want Rochas(the incorruptible) to be the President. Fine but stop regurgitating silliness on this thread. Lagosians are happy with their "corrupt" governor. Thank you!

So because he was able to show you something, then the rest of us should all keep quiet about the astronomical level of inflation, and cover corruption? And Nigerians wonder how and when corruption will end, when supposedly intelligent individual will cough out crass stupi.dity and extreme ignorance from their throat just to defend their god - Fashola.

I got news for, I dont give rat as$ about Rochas and whether he contest for presidency or not, and if you have any corruption allegation against him, spit it out, else you are just another sad ignorant folk. Whatever you said about Okojo Iweala corruption or not is your own sick cup of tea, how does that concern me? How does your post affects my thinking or my post? And how does it address the concern that this fashola bridge is broad day robbery of tax-payer, and a very bad example by fashola? How?

If you look carefully at the mirror u will observe the stu.pidity in your attack of my person. Was I the fellow who started this thread? Did I ask Fashola and his goon to stoop so low as to heavily inflate the contract hoping that all Nigerians are as stu.pid as you, and would simply ignore the figure provided something is presented to them? Such crass ineptitude as you currently displayed in your post is largely responsible for the decadence and rot in the system. Gradually gold like fashola are rotting, and all you could offer is that provided, there is something to show the rotting efforts! And you want to offer me advice? Shove it down you throat Oga!

And  dont brings your inanity and fashola as$ kissing to my direction next time, it is not appreciated; look for people your fellow fashola/tinubu as5 kisser like Eko Ile and co to share your fashola craze with.

Nonsense!

@topic,

Fashola and Tinubu and his ACN goons have gradually turned Lagos to thieving fiefdom, and pulling wools over Nigeria face in the name of executed is the latest way to cover their act. Na wa oo
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Gbawe: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2011
Nigerians sha !!! Always driven by bad belle, envy, hatred, bias, bigotry and every negative sentiment that taints opinion and cloud judgement . I guess many did not read the section below.

”Of the N50 billion long- term finanacing raised by Lekki Concession Company to execute the on-going works on the Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe Expressway, a substantial portion of which represents Foreign Direct Investment into Lagos State, N2.5 billion had been used to construct the new Falomo On–Ramp, that we will all be driving on soon.”

Essentially, because clueless folks need educating, I will break this down using mortgage modelling . If you have great credit and a large deposit (15-25%) when you want to buy a house , then you can gain the greatest rate available in the market (i.e 1-3% above base rate currently) from prime lenders like HSBC, Barclays, Santander et al. If your credit is bad and you have little or no deposit, then you go sub-prime and we all know that 10% above base rate may be par for the course in that sector.

Now, LCC raised the finance. They are essentially giving Lagos a loan under a PPP arrangement. We can deem the loan expensive , if we possess the facts to do this,  but we have no right to call it fraudulent considering that , if Lagos cannot raise the fund to carry out this construction, the only option is that the misery of Lagosians continue. Folks, put your thinking cap on . Haba !!! This is a BOT project i.e build, operate and transfer. The option open to Lagos is to accept the submission of LCC or watch idly while Lagosians continue to face abject misery. Some of you don't even bother to inspect facts anymore in your commitment to attack others senselessly . Lagosians themselves , the folks who actually face inhuman hardship, are happy to pay tolls that improve their lives yet some are here complaining senselessly . Many want Lagos developed aggressively yet do not wish to acknowledge the fiscal challenges that means Lagos , because of the huge cost of the scale of work required, needs a mix of financing (prime, sub-prime, expensive, relatively competitive et al) to achieve rapid development .

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/property-a-environment/19875-falomo-on-ramp-to-be-completed-in-three-months

The 115 meters long bridge is part of the on-going rehabilitation and upgrading of the Eti Osa Lekki-Epe expressway which is part of the 30 year privately financed public private partnership concession project. It is a built operate and transfer (BOT) project. The company is expected to execute the project, operate it for the period of 30 years and later hand it over to the state government. It is expected also to recover its investment within the period through tolls collection.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
bossinie:

I thought i answered you as shown below:

your Ques:[s]Are you part of the design and financing process?[/s]

My answer:Your question is like asking me if i need to be a banker to know the current bank lending rate??

No, but it means you don't know jack about this particular project and it's financing or what was actually done and if you do, let's see it or STFU.

your Ques:[s]Are you part of the financing team or banks?[/s]

My answer:No! but my naive brother,there are STANDARD PROCEDURES for obtaining finance loans

I did not ask you about standard procedures, I asked you about this particular project. Are you part of the financing team or banks? If you are not, then STFU.

your Ques:[s]Are you in possession of the financing documents?[/s]

My answer:Not relevant!

Is not not dumbness and madness to keep jumping up and down over what you don't have and know nothing about? Sounds insane obviously.

[your Ques:[s]Do you have the financing terms paperwork?[/s]

My answer:Arrant non-sense,maybe i should ask you defending them if you have the above documents??

You are the one making the baseless charges, not me. The burden is on you to back up your idiocy with with facts and if you don't have the necessary facts to support your nonsense, you can not intelligently offer any credible reasoning about this project beyond your dumb opinions.

your Ques:[s]Stick to what you know and leave your opinion just as opinion which you are entitled to.[/s]

My answer:What is now the essence of logical reasoning??

Logical reasoning is opinion based and it's yet to be defined as credible facts so STFU till you have documented facts to support your moronic opinions.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by jason123: 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2011
PointB:

So because he was able to show you something, then the rest of us should all keep quiet about the astronomical level of inflation, and cover corruption? And Nigerians wonder how and when corruption will end, when supposedly intelligent individual will cough out crass stupi.dity and extreme ignorance from their throat just to defend their god - Fashola.

I got news for, I dont give rat as$ about Rochas and whether he contest for presidency or not, and if you have any corruption allegation against him, spit it out, else you are just another sad ignorant folk. Whatever you said about Okojo Iweala corruption or not is your own sick cup of tea, how does that concern me? How does you post affects my thinking or you post? And how does address the concern that this fashola bridge is broad day robbery of tax-payer, and a very bad example by fashola? How?

If you look carefully at the mirror u will observe the stu.pidity in your attack of my person. Was I the fellow who started this thread? Did I ask Fashola and his goon to stoop so low as to heavily inflate the contract hoping that all Nigerians are as stu.pid as you, and would simply ignore the figure provided something is presented to them? Such crass ineptitude as you currently displayed in your post is largely responsible for the decadence and rot in the system. Gradually gold like fashola are rotting, and all you could offer is that provided, there is something to show the rotting efforts! And you want to offer me advice? Shove it down you throat Oga!

And  dont brings your inanity and fashola as$ kissing to my direction next time, it is not appreciated; look for people your fellow fashola/tinubu as5 kisser like Eko Ile and co to share your fashola craze with.

Nonsense!

@topic,

Fashola and Tinubu and his ACN goons have gradually turned Lagos to thieving fiefdom, and pulling wools over Nigeria face in the name of executed is the latest way to cover their act. Na wa oo

Oh shut your mouth. Being educated does not translate to common sense. You are not deceiving anyone but yourself. Anytime you see Fashola doing well, you go rabid yet YOUR own state governor has done NOTHING! Its only you I see praising a man who has not used more than 4 months in government, to govern Nigeria. For your info, I don't support Tinubu (check my comments about him)but YES(resoundingly) I support Fashola. Why? He(and a few others) is the only one bringing VISIBLE development in Nigeria[b] NOT[/b] newspaper development. He has built the Falomo bridge and there is nothing you can do about it. If other Governors and past presidents can OVER-inflate contracts but do the work, do you think Nigeria will be in this state by now? Obj pumped 16 billion Dollars to power Nigeria. Is that not over inflated? Did he fix our power problems? NO! GEJ is about doing another ID scheme coupled with the removal fuel subsidy. Do you think it will fix our logistical/Identification problems and Oil bunkering, respectively, in Nigeria? (we shall see).  

If you hate the bridge so much, don't use it! In fact, avoid the bridge and Falomo altogether. Problem solved!

Nigerians do not know the value of what they have until they lose it!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2011
jason123:

Oh shut your mouth. Being educated does not translate to common sense. You are not deceiving anyone but yourself. Anytime you see Fashola doing well, you go rabid yet YOUR own state governor has done NOTHING! Its only you I see praising a man who has not used more than 4 months in government, to govern Nigeria. For your info, I don't support Tinubu (check my comments about him)but YES(resoundingly) I support Fashola. Why? He(and a few others) is the only one bringing VISIBLE development in Nigeria[b] NOT[/b] newspaper development. He has built the Falomo bridge and there is nothing you can do about it. If other Governors and past presidents can OVER-inflate contracts but do the work, do you think Nigeria will be in this state by now? Obj pumped 16 billion Dollars to power Nigeria. Is that not over inflated? Did he fix our power problems? NO! GEJ is about doing another ID scheme coupled with the removal fuel subsidy. Do you think it will fix our logistical/Identification problems and Oil bunkering, respectively, in Nigeria? (we shall see).  

If you hate the bridge so much, don't use it! In fact, avoid the bridge and Falomo altogether. Problem solved!

Oga he can send a spaceship to the moon for all I care, if there is contract inflation and suspicion of corruption, we will mention it. That is what NL is all about. So if I fluster the feathers of your bird, I couldn't care less. If you are educated and have no common sense, what is that got to do with me? Or how does that diminish the fact that falomo bridge commissioned by Fashola is not worth the 2.5 Billion price tag touted? If you are so much in love and can't see the damage such looting does to the public perception of him, then consider yourself as one of those dishonest sycophants milling around him like as leeches; urging him on to ignominy, obscurity and early irrelevance.

Fashola is considered smart and above board, when he behave suspiciously, trust that it will make headlines. The jury is out on the bridge, and the word on the street is that he is no better than the rest of them goon. Personally what other governors are doing (including my own governor since you know him) is not the subject of this thread, every dog has its day. Today we are discussing Fashola 2.5 Billion staggering Naira bridge of a few meter. That's is topic! GEJ, OBJ and co will have their day. If you think Fashola is right to steal because others are doing so, say so, so that we know where you stand. Beating about the bush, and name dropping amounts to clutching straws.

We criticize and haggle every corrupt politicians, Fashola can never be an exception, and I could care less what sorry arse like yourself feel.
Fashola has enriched himself and his goon with this heavily inflated bridge. And it the hottest  gist on Nairaland. Fortunately, I have no plan to shut my mouth on this contract inflation by saint Fashola, perhaps you are going to make me!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
In a country where we have used $16b to purchase darkness under the PDP govt and another one uses 940m to RENOVATE 10 classroms

I can only but commend FASHOLA and ACN for a job well done
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by ektbear: 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

@ ekt bear

You miss the point (slightly) - this 'bridge' is LESS COMPLICATED than a flyover and is simply a ramp.

More examples - a 500m flyover in the Philippines costing  ~$4m for 500m, still comes to less than $1m per 100m.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=731740&publicationSubCategoryId=107

Then I'm not convinced that this an apples and apples comparison. 20%-50% contract inflation I can believe.

A factor of 20 or 30 means that either LCC and the Lagos State govt are utterly corrupt, Mobutu Sese Seko style. . . or that we are not comparing things properly.

Road projects in Nigeria are famous for their astronomically inflated costs.
May be true in general, but says nothing about this specific project. Road projects in Nigeria are also famous for not being completed, but this one was, for example.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Gbawe: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2011
jason123:

Man mi, you are usually a cool guy but I can understand your anger perfectly . Some folks are totally exasperating with their mischief driven by nothing but ethnic bias. Perhaps they prefer the model where Anenih gulps billions while nada gets done and Nigerian roads remain death traps. This is a BOT scheme for god sake !!! Lagosians will be happy to pay a small amount for a service that vastly improves their convenience . We can all see and use the bridge .

It is not some glorified scam or white elephant project , worthless to the electorate, that many Governors involve themselves with. It is amazing how some people don't understand how transparent their real motives are with their Crocodile tears on behalf of citizens, i.e Lagosians, who are actually happy to pay a small fee if the traffic chaos and madness they face daily can be reduced.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
The same people whose $16bn was used to purchase darkness.

Someone whose state uses 933m to RENOVATE 10 primary schools sef dey talk
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by OmoLisabi(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
[size=20pt]Fashola is Working, Lagos is Developing, South West is Progressing
Enemies are Crying[/size]
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by jason123: 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2011
PointB:

Oga he can send a spaceship to the moon for all I care, if there is contract inflation and suspicion of corruption, we will mention it. That is what NL is all about. So if flutter the feathers of your bird, I couldn't care less. If you are educated and have no common sense, what is that got to do with me? Or how does that diminish the fact that falomo bridge commissioned by Fashola is not worth the 2.5 Billion price tag touted? If you are so much in love and can't see the damage such looting does to the public perception of him, then consider yourself as one of those dishonest sycophant milling around him like as leech, urging him to obscurity and early irrelevance.

Fashola is considered smart and above board, when he behave suspiciously trust that it will make headline. The jury is out on the bridge, and the word on the street is that he is no better than the rest of them goon. Personally what other governor's are doing (including my own governor since you know him) is not the subject of this thread, every dog has it's day. Today we are discussing Fashola 2.5 Billion staggering naira bridges of a few meter. That's is topic! GEJ, OBJ and co will have their day. If you think Fashola is right to steal because others are doing so, say so, so that we know where you stand. Beating about the bush, and name dropping amounts to clutching straws.

We criticize and haggle every corrupt politicians, Fashola can never be an exception, and I could careless what sorry arse like yourself feel.
Fashola has enriched himself and his goon with this heavily inflated bridge. And it the hottest  gist on Nairaland. Fortunately, I have no plan to short my mouth on this contract inflation by saint Fashola, perhaps you are going to make me!
Ezeuche; I am not against criticism, if done responsibly. I also do not engage in defending the indefensible. You know me too well for that. The point is, if a contract is over-inflated but the job is done. I prefer that (so do many others) to an over-inflated contract with NOTHING done. Where should I start from? Ajaokuta steel mill? or Our power projects? Take a look at ALL the federal roads (including Benin-Ore road and the Niger brigde) and tell me what you see. Do you know how many times the contract to repair those roads have been awarded?? Now, tell me which is better? Even other state governors (including mine) do little.
Now, you have been witch-hunting Fashola as if you have seen better governance anywhere in the country. I'll not even go to your state governor (Orji). Even Rochas has not done anything tangible apart from welfare programs (which is good but not great and mind you, Imo state is the 5th richest state in Nigeria http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP). So no excuse! I have NEVER seen you critise other governors in the SE, NEVER (apart from Orji and that's because you have no choice)

He (Fashola) has done what other governors dream of doing. Your witch-hunt would do nothing to his image. And to solve your problem, DO not use the brigde. Simple!!! This will save you the head-ache!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
[size=14pt]@djustice[/size]

Here is another interesting thread for you https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-774228.96.html
People need to be told the truth about how the web of corruption operates.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by EkoIle1: 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2011
OmoLisabi:

[size=20pt]Fashola is Working, Lagos is Developing, South West is Progressing
Enemies are Crying[/size]

I wonder why they cry all the time.

Could it be because they know they are getting left behind and they can not do anything about?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2011
jason123:

It is heartbreaking to witness these "he is my thief" style arguments. It always makes the proponent seem like they are arguing from a prejudiced point of view. If you see corruption anywhere, shoot it down and stop attempting to justify by saying, "oh everybody does it, nutin spoil." embarassed
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
Beaf:

It is heartbreaking to witness these "he is my thief" style arguments. It always makes the proponent seem like they are arguing from a prejudiced point of view. If you see corruption anywhere, shoot it down and stop attempting to justify by saying, "oh everybody does it, nutin spoil." embarassed

Bros mi, WOn razist gan lori thread yii ooo

How is the commisioner on Murder and extra judicial killings doing?
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 7:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
^
I see you are "smokin d0p3 and sellin d0p3 str8 off d i-phone." A true Tinubu follower! Tinubu smokes do'pe and deals drugs too. embarassed
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by ektbear: 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
Hehe

Dude doesn't appear to be down with Rick Ross

"You young whippersnappers need to stop playing all that loud rap music!" grin
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by debosky(m): 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Then I'm not convinced that this an apples and apples comparison. 20%-50% contract inflation I can believe.

A factor of 20 or 30 means that either LCC and the Lagos State govt are utterly corrupt, Mobutu Sese Seko style. . . or that we are not comparing things properly.

In Nigeria anything is possible. grin

But seriously speaking, When the more complicated Lekki-Ikoyi bridge is completed and we have a final cost, we'll then be able to make a comparison between two projects in the same locality.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by jason123: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2011
Beaf:

Beaf, I am not against criticism. In fact, I support it; after all, its not like they (leaders) are doing us a favour. Its our money they are using but please, lets make it constructive. Following Point B's comments about Fashola, all I can sense is an intense desire to pull him down. I have NEVER seen this "Point B" criticize any other Governor. Even is critisism is somewhat, sarcastic and lacks a positive objective. Reading it, all I and other Nlanders can sense is negativity and envy.
Anyway, I support you on this. You have a valid point.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Rhino5dm: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2011
You should be last person to his show face on this thread. your state is renovating 10 primary schools at cost of a billion naira and your are here yapping dust.

comot jor! angry

Beaf:

^
I see you are "smokin d0p3 and sellin d0p3 str8 off d i-phone." A true Tinubu follower! Tinubu smokes do'pe and deals drugs too. embarassed
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by werepeLeri: 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
LOL - please i gat cutlass if you want to cut each others head.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2011
EFCC bera track down the contractors and trace the money. I'm sure a lot of interesting stuff will pop up. 2.5billion for a 100m pedestrian walkway is absurd.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
Beaf:

EFCC bera track down the contractors and trace the money. I'm sure a lot of interesting stuff will pop up. 2.5billion for a 100m pedestrian walkway is absurd.

EFCC bera track down the contractors and trace the money. I'm sure a lot of interesting stuff will pop up. 940million for RENOVATION NOT BUILD FROM SCRATCH of 10 primary school is absurd.

Fixed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Rhino5dm: 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2011
You want to see thieves . .  .Send the EFCC nah grin grin

Julius Berger Gets A/Ibom Bonanza: Akpabio To Spend N28 billion For 12 km Road. Akwa Ibom Governor,   Godswill Akpabio, on Tuesday awarded a spectacularly bogus road contract to German construction firm Julius Berger worth N28 billion.

In his own words at the contract-signing ceremony between officials of the construction firm and the state government, “The contract covers four lane roads of 12km from the Olusegun Obasanjo way to Oron road will have a fly over for the first phase.”

In a bid to justify the bogus contract which is calculated to launder Akwa Ibom funds into private use, an elated Akpabio said that Julius Berger was selected based on its track record, ability to mobilize to site, and speedy delivery of job.

Engr. Woltgang Goetsh, the Managing Director of Julius Berger, signed for the company while Akpabio signed for Akwa Ibom state government.

Going by the contract sum, the people of Akwa Ibom treasury will pay an average of N2.3 billion for every kilometre of the urban road.

Akwa Ibom remains the largest beneficiary of the 13 percent derivation funds from the federation account just as the indigenes of the state are the most impoverished as the state government embarks on white elephant projects that have no impact on the coastal oil communities and the common man.

Akpabio has consistently turned a deaf ear to calls for the establishment of an Oil Producing Areas Development Commission to spearhead the development of oil-bearing communities that have been neglected by federal and state governments for decades.   Such commissions exist in all Niger Delta states except Akwa Ibom, where littoral settlements with abundant oil and gas reserves are in the minority.

During his election campaign for his first term, Akpabio had pledged to set up the Commission, but he reneged on the promise because such a commission would reduce his disposable funds and demand some level of accountability and transparency.

It will be recalled that the Qua Iboe oil fields operated by ExxonMobil contributes over 40 percent of Nigerian oil output, with a capacity of close to a million barrels of crude per day sitting in Akwa Ibom soil.

In spite of hosting the largest oil production and exploration firm, the host communities have only environmental pollution to show for the hydrocarbon deposits in their domain.  When they cry out, they are ignored by Mr. Akpabio.

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Rhino5dm: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2011
See men dem! chei! thieve pass thieves. . . Yet the shameless PDP goons are here yarning opata.

Delta renovates 10 schools with N933.5m

Written by Alphonsus Agborh, Asaba

Friday, 30 September 2011

Delta State government has approved the sum of N933.5million for the renovation of 10 primary schools across the state.

The Commissioner  for Information, Mr Chike Ogeah,  disclosed this while briefing newsmen on the outcome of the state executive meeting held in Asaba, the state capital.

The schools, he said, included Abe Primary School, Warri; Idumu Junior Secondary School, Idumuje Unor;Ogere Primary    School,  Abraka; Akuroijo Primary School, Koko; Isele Asagba Primary School; Aggbaka Primary School, Warri, and Oghaha Primary school, Otor-oghagha.

Ogeah stated that the money was approved for the ministries of economic planning and finance to immediately embark on the renovation job, promising that the project would be done to specification.

According to him, government had reviewed the contract sum of the medical laboratory at Delta State University, Oghara campus, to enable it to complete the job on time.

He also said that government was renovating rural markets with 20 open stores, even as it supplied water facilities in Ogorode in Isoko North Local Government Area of the state.

The commissioner said “government had focused on e-government, e-education and[b] e-thieving[/b] grin grin shocked shocked shocked,” and plan to build training facilities for self employment.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/28987-delta-renovates-10-schools-with-n9335m

Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
jason123:

Ezeuche; I am not against criticism, if done responsibly. I also do not engage in defending the indefensible. You know me too well for that. The point is, if a contract is over-inflated but the job is done. I prefer that (so do many others) to an over-inflated contract with NOTHING done. Where should I start from? Ajaokuta steel mill? or Our power projects? Take a look at ALL the federal roads (including Benin-Ore road and the Niger brigde) and tell me what you see. Do you know how many times the contract to repair those roads have been awarded?? Now, tell me which is better? Even other state governors (including mine) do little.
I don't think you are blind; I just don't know where you see EzeUche is this thread. And talking about what you are, belief, think or not, is not my business. I do not post for YOU and honestly do not care how you feel about my post! You simply do not exist for all I care! So pls hold your horses about your feelings and preference, they are inconsequential to me. The bottom line is that no matter the size, corruption is corruption! That is how it should be seen!

Now, you have been witch-hunting Fashola as if you have seen better governance anywhere in the country. I'll not even go to your state governor (Orji). Even Rochas has not done anything tangible apart from welfare programs (which is good but not great and mind you, Imo state is the 5th richest state in Nigeria http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP). So no excuse! I have NEVER seen you critise other governors in the SE, NEVER (apart from Orji and that's because you have no choice)
The silliest thing about your post is that you made a lot of wrong assumptions! For starters you don't know me! Neither do you know which state I hail from let alone my state governor, so all your premises is flawed. You can only hazard which zone I am from; but even at that you might be wrong. But if thinking that I am EzeUche makes you sleep better at night, by all means be my guest.

And where is the witch-hunting of fashola coming from? Did I start this thread? Was I the first to notice how hugely inflated the contract to build the bridge commission by your hero - Fashola is? Was I the one who made him to look like a thief in the eyes of the Nairaland public? Was I the one who attached thieving drug baron to him? My friend, the man who bring ants infested woods home, invites lizards. Please look for your witch-hunter elsewhere! So you only notice me critize Governor Orji but no other South East governor. By the way how many SE governor are there to criticise? Pray say? How many other governors do I critize since you alluded that you have been following me everywhere like shadow, and that you know what I eat and drink. Joblessness or . . . ? At any rate, what you see me do or not, is not my business. It is your business, your headache! I dont care who tend to my excreata or vomit, if you are the one, it's a sad and thankless job you've got for yourself.  I am not here to defend myself or my posts. It's either you take it or or leave it; whichever way, I honestly dont care, as I am not posting to be liked or accepted. I don't need it or anything from this cyber community. I am on my own side!  Post your comments, I will post mine. But if you attack me personally, I have a good history of equally caustic response.

He (Fashola) has done what other governors dream of doing. Your witch-hunt would do nothing to his image. And to solve your problem, DO not use the brigde. Simple!!! This will save you the head-ache!

About the most intelligent comment you have made so far in line with your Bottom-kissing stance! Certainly, he has squandered N2.5 Billion of tax-payers money, and a lot of goodwill with it on a lousy bridge. Certainly other governors will copy from him (maybe Anambra Governor will regret not making a killing from the numerous bridges he built in his state). If Fashola can steal N2.5 billion (in conjunction with some Tinubu company ) surely, every other governors who dreams of doing such, will have a ready template! A new world is dawn upon us, where so called gold (Fashola) can rust and people call concerned voices witch-hunters. Anyway whatever make people like you sleep better at night!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by Beaf: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
If a mere walkway cost 2.5billion and the bridge itself cost less than a billion, no be problem be dat? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by arsenefc: 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2011
Beaf:

If a mere walkway cost 2.5billion and the bridge itself cost less than a billion, no be problem be dat? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Not if you are an ACN apologist.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by werepeLeri: 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2011
The darn thing is not even a bridge - it is a ramp.

Up Fashoooooooo
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by PointB: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^

Just imagine. But we must not say anything, because it is infallible fashola. The ACN touts and their herd mentality!
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by nduchucks: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
I'm afraid and disappointed that NL youths have been blinded by tribalism and regionalism to the extent that they view questioning the accountability of their heros as insulting and irrational. I weep for you people.
Re: Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge by werepeLeri: 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^^^

Almighty Fashola is a saint. He is not a Nigerian at all, and he is not a politician. You are not supposed to question what he does.

LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi / Occupy Nigeria, 10 Years After / Eight Suspects Arrested For Killing Police Officers In Delta – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.