Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness (26726 Views)

Debbie Is Too Shy But After I Knacked Her, The Shyness Disappeared / Why Are Some Men Shy Around Women? / I’m Shy Around My Girlfriend’s Friends. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by sonnie10: 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2023
Take an active role in any setting, it could be church, community, social club or volunteer somewhere.
That will give opportunity to interact with people outside your immediate circle and build your confidence in leadership.
Proactively look out for these opportunities and make them feel your presence.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Kingcalls: 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2023
Gay tendencies

2 Likes

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Biola67: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
Family problem
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by ednut1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
Future trans 🥲

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Biola67: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
Go drag like 2 for trenches. You go reset
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by ObaaOfYorubaLan: 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:
As I guy I'm always shy around my fellow guys cry I don’t know why, im trying to overcome the shyness is not just working I act a little bit feminine but not all that girly tho, I’m always shy that they will monk me or say something I wouldn’t like…

How do I overcome this shyness, it actually ki!!ing Me, im an introvert because of this. There are some guys I’m not comfortable around them, when I’m with them I want them to go, secondly if I see group of guys, I will be shy to pass there… if I walk into a place sometimes and I see lots of guys I will be shy at first, then when I look at their faces, the shyness will reduce a bit

What do I do? Is it normal.. I need advice please from

Matured minds only

Do you have a girlfriend? Hope it's not what I'm thinking that's making you shy

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Farid24224(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2023
Onucs:
Is this dude serious?

How would a guy be shy around guys?

Jeez, what am I saying. This is the 21st century, shit's glaring. Damn!
Another man down lipsrsealed

E shock you abi...

Me too, me brain ain't braining!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Flamemignon1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
madscientist88:
have you been molested by an adult male as a child before?(a homo'sexual),what you are exhibiting is a sign of trauma and lack of self confidence which is often seen in people who have been raped before or bullied and gender shamed.you obviously need to see a councilor, another reason could be that you just find men attractive for some reason.
This is so spot on but I don't think he's gay,just feminine. As someone who've travelled the world,I've seen gay men that bears the mannerisms and norms of masculinity infact no one knows they are gay until you ask,they are dominant, confident and masculine and I've seen straight men like him who are feminine.....at the end of the day,no one is a 100% masculine and 100% feminine

3 Likes

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Adewale1603(m): 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
It's normal stuff to introverts. How old are you? With time, you will get over it. When you get more matured and experience, you will get all over these and others. As you're getting more mature, you'll begin to gain more confidence or boldness as time goes by, you wouldn't even see this as an issue again, you will be bothered and occupied on your future goals, ambitions and how to make money

2 Likes

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Slynation(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
Use am cash out...na una dey ball now, be like bobrisk, jayboogie and James brown...!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by isaiahethan: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:
As I guy I'm always shy around my fellow guys cry I don’t know why, im trying to overcome the shyness is not just working I act a little bit feminine but not all that girly tho, I’m always shy that they will monk me or say something I wouldn’t like…

How do I overcome this shyness, it actually ki!!ing Me, im an introvert because of this. There are some guys I’m not comfortable around them, when I’m with them I want them to go, secondly if I see group of guys, I will be shy to pass there… if I walk into a place sometimes and I see lots of guys I will be shy at first, then when I look at their faces, the shyness will reduce a bit

Matured minds only

Bobyrisky brother
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by checky619: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Matured minds only

Hit the Gym 3 months straight... Thank me later
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by todugo(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
Dude must be suffering from low testosterone and an introvert at the same time. Bro, go do testosterone test to check how low it is.
After words the doctor should place you on some testosterone therapy to bring it up to normal level.
Being shy around your fellow man is NOT right. Don't listen to any one telling you to embrace it. Shit is not normal. This is how some people with this issue graduate from that to transgenders, all because of listening to people who said it was ok.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by AskNgige2: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
Leave guys and go Hustle..

Pple like u are deadly..

Using shy method to kill guys
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Farid24224(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Namaster:
Start going to the gym. Or do body weight exercises. It's madness to be shy around men. Especially in this Nigeria where a lot of men are dirty, potbellied and dress like crap.

Ah... Ahhhhh

Be calming down na...
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by NkanuSon: 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Sorry to ask but how does masturbation affect our self esteem??
occfx:

First stop masturbationnn... Get high some times with weed or alcohol though risky because you could become an addict. Again, make friends with beautiful girls... The risk of approaching girls will make you powerful over guys. Finally, hit the gym, your confidence will improve. If God decides to bless you with dough... Thats the final of the final. I take alcohol and go anywhere I want to go, meet any one I want to meet but it's not healthy.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Danmisra(m): 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2023
If really you are an introvert you will hate crowd not shy away. Extrovert say you are shy ,you are not shy , you just like spending time alone that's it. I will advice you to read the book titled" the quiet " you will understand yourself more than ever and appreciate your uniqueness. The issue of friends start by getting closer to your family friends and those closer to your siblings. Introverts are like that everywhere. But then when you master yourself, you will become respected, productive, and responsible because by design your more creative and productive than most people. Just read books on introverts and social life and start mingling gradually. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Herbiodun09: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Matured minds only

Make i no talk cheesy
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by occfx: 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2023
NkanuSon:
Sorry to ask but how does masturbation affect our self esteem??

Messes up with your psychology.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Obidense: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2023
My nigga you need weed… smoke weed or eat edibles and thank me late.

I wish you could listen to my advice
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Effizybozz: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
jeromestarks:

You irritate me.

You don’t know me, you haven’t even seen me and you say I irritate you?? Continue to be irritated my dear grin grin infant choke on it. Ozuor

2 Likes

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Germi9: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
how ol are you cos there are lots of kids here on NL
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Oasis777: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
Diddycsbsb:
Ju man.... You need blending,. With little drilling and the Joncing go comot for your body.. That's all..
my guy tell am o
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Englishisamust: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
Danmisra:
If really you are an introvert you will hate crowd not shy away. Extrovert say you are shy ,you are not shy , you just like spending time alone that's it. I will advice you to read the book titled" the quiet " you will understand yourself more than ever and appreciate your uniqueness. The issue of friends start by getting closer to your family friends and those closer to your siblings. Introverts are like that everywhere. But then when you master yourself, you will become respected, productive, and responsible because by design your more creative and productive than most people. Just read books on introverts and social life and start mingling gradually. Goodluck

By which author?? is it susan cain??
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by jeromestarks: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

You don’t know me, you haven’t even seen me and you say I irritate you?? Continue to be irritated my dear grin grin infant choke on it. Ozuor
You even sound like a gay. Nonsense!
Calling a fellow guy "my dear". No wonder you're shy around guys. You're a woman in man's skin. Shame on you.
Please avoid me. I'm not gay.
Stupid something. god forbid gayism.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by VicM6: 6:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
mtcheew, why shall i shy, am i not a people.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by NkanuSon: 6:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
Can u be a bit specific with examples
occfx:

Messes up with your psychology.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Effizybozz: 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
Adewale1603:
It's normal stuff to introverts. How old are you? With time, you will get over it. When you get more matured and experience, you will get all over these and others. As you're getting more mature, you'll begin to gain more confidence or boldness as time goes by, you wouldn't even see this as an issue again, you will be bothered and occupied on your future goals, ambitions and how to make money

Oh so soothing! Bless you bro
I appreciate this words
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by hashtagged(m): 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Matured minds only

Read your Bible it would give you all the boldness you ever need

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
No doubt james brown and bobrisky is in you

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
All will be well bro.

Medically type anxiety self help on Google and follow through with the program freely available on platforms like YouTube.

On your own take a mental track of the thoughts you have when you are around these people. Write those thoughts down. Write the exact opposite in a separate place, and start affirming the opposite, even if it's not your reality at the moment. Your words influence your thoughts and then influence your outlook about life. If you are a Christian then add Christian affirmation.

Breathing techniques is very helpful, you can research diaphragmatic breathing, and do these just before facing stressful situations or instances that trigger these.

The most powerful way I know for Christians is to feed on the word of God daily, even multiple times a day, that it becomes as essential as eating and cooking to you, you do not go a day without looking it. The bible will make you wise, bold, humble, respectable and strong. It's shapes your character and conversation.

All the best my brother.

PonziHater

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Smashes His Girlfriend’s iPhone During An Argument / If You Can't Last 2minutes Or Watery Sperm, Try Bitter Kola + Watermelon Seed / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.