Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness (26758 Views)

Debbie Is Too Shy But After I Knacked Her, The Shyness Disappeared / Why Are Some Men Shy Around Women? / I’m Shy Around My Girlfriend’s Friends. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by doneback04: 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2023
You have said it all now when you see them look straight into their eyes grin grin
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by chubinwa(m): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
Am sure this is inferiority complex. Just work on your confidence. Me too, I have similar issue like yours
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by blingxx(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

Why not just embrace the feminine part of you.. there is no sin in that...

Ask Samueltemi337 Miracrood2 and poweredcom

You pple and this your lgbt nonsense

2 Likes

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by StemCellTherapi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:
As I guy I'm always shy around my fellow guys cry I don’t know why, im trying to overcome the shyness is not just working I act a little bit feminine but not all that girly tho, I’m always shy that they will monk me or say something I wouldn’t like…

How do I overcome this shyness, it actually ki!!ing Me, im an introvert because of this. There are some guys I’m not comfortable around them, when I’m with them I want them to go, secondly if I see group of guys, I will be shy to pass there… if I walk into a place sometimes and I see lots of guys I will be shy at first, then when I look at their faces, the shyness will reduce a bit

What do I do? Is it normal.. I need advice please from

Matured minds only

Just Pray about it.

Tell God to give you the spirit of boldness.

The bible says he has not given us the spirit of fear but the spirit of power, of love and of a sound disciplined mind - 2 Timothy 1 vs 7

A sound mind from God is a mind of bravery and courage.

Ask for the HOLYSPIRIT.

When the HOLYSPIRIT comes upon you, you would be very bold to face anybody. Believe me when I say so.

Do u know why?

The bible says in Acts 4:31-37

"And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with BOLDNESS.

The HOLYSPIRIT brings BOLDNESS to your entire life.

Your Prayer Point from tonight should be this...

"Oh Lord God my father, please baptize me with the HOLYSPIRIT".

Keep praying this prayer everyday.

The HOLYSPIRIT will come and enter you and when he does you will know and you will come back to this thread of yours and laugh grin

Remain Blessed.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Germi9: 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

You are still a kid sha but don’t worry you will outgrow the menace.sometimes I’m shy too as old as I’m grin
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Gay spotted. Motherfu.cker

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2023
Candidlady:
LMAO
Mrbrown
Igave him the best advice
He got feminism in him why hide it like it is a curse
Flamemignon1:
What's the funny gif for? Everyone literally have both masculine and feminine energies within them,nobody is a 100% masculine or 100% feminine

I FULLY DISAGREE WITH THE ABOVE.... there is no such thing as 50/50 men with feminine side. there is just 100%men or women that have traits that could be associated with a different gender,... and that doesnt make them any less 100% men or women.

IMHO, there is no such thing as feminine/masculine energy, there is just ENERGY, and energy doesnt have a gender. NO energy/character/emotion can be attributed to one gender. just because women are more emotional than men DOES NOT mean that being emotional is a feminine energy, it just means it is an energy that most women prioritize in their lives, but it certainly doesnt mean that if men do it too, there is a female side inside them that they are tapping into, lol!

here is the absurdity in this issue: supposedly, a man in touch with his "feminine" side, is a man who has traits mostly associated with women (aka highly emotional person and/or somebody who spend hrs getting ready and/or somebody who takes care of their appearance a bit too much and/or someone who has a caring job mostly associated with women, like nurse, babysitters, secretary etc)... such men are quckly called METROSEXUALS.... but a man associated with his "masculine" side aka a man who has the type of traits associated with men (like wanting to win all the time, being aggressive, showing strength and being loud during arguments etc), they will automatically call it TOXIC MASCULINITY.
so you see, thanks to these yeye feminist movements trying to rule the world and change the way we human function (and turn all men into biatch ass %&$#@), a man being a man is bad, a man being a woman is good; female traits are good, male traits are toxic; this state of mind is so deluded, i do feel sorry for men who believe in this ARRANT NONSENSE!

- a man who is highly emotional is AN EMOTIONAL MAN, nothing to do with feminine side BS.
- a man who is caring a bit too much about the way he looks/appears, is just A CARING MAN, nothing to do with this metrosexual arrant nonsense!
- an aggressive/violent woman is an AGGRESIVE/VIOLENT WOMAN, nothing to do with masculine energy.

pls dont confuse the above with gay/trans people out there who identify as women and/or act as women. these are homo energy (aka men who aint 100% mascuine and/or women who aint 100% feminine)...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by kenedyx: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Wow, easier said than done
Sometime I want to hug around guys, but that courage won’t be there, I will think they will laugh at me or call me boy/girl or whatever and it killing me very much.

I know it may feel like asking for a whole lot at first, but believe me when you start getting it right, you will realize overall it was just a small adjustment and you ARE still YOU but just more masculine.

Again, take it one step at a time, dress manly, if you're in doubt wear more black clothing, or you can copy the style of any man you admire his dress sense. Talk less, especially when you don't have a particularly strong opinion about a topic.. it gives you an air of mystery.

Or better still, find a mentor then watch and learn. But be careful with this, no go meet cultist oo.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Mathain19(m): 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
Aromatic Schnapps gat you covered...
Trust me on this
Just one shot, everybody is now your mate...

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Willy2432: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2023
Namaster:
Start going to the gym. Or do body weight exercises. It's madness to be shy around men. Especially in this Nigeria where a lot of men are dirty, potbellied and dress like crap.

Exactly my point
Do 50 press up morning and evening and see how it will boost ur confidence she✌️
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Effizybozz: 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2023
masterflowx:

You're just doing things like women, you also write things like women. 🤣

Lmao, how do women write grin grin
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Johnbmc(m): 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
You should also like Zeeworld i guess
Effizybozz:

I actually don’t fancy things like watching football that what 90% of guys do, I only fancy adventure, movies, wrestling and the likes…
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by okerekingsley90: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:
As I guy I'm always shy around my fellow guys cry I don’t know why, im trying to overcome the shyness is not just working I act a little bit feminine but not all that girly tho, I’m always shy that they will monk me or say something I wouldn’t like…

How do I overcome this shyness, it actually ki!!ing Me, im an introvert because of this. There are some guys I’m not comfortable around them, when I’m with them I want them to go, secondly if I see group of guys, I will be shy to pass there… if I walk into a place sometimes and I see lots of guys I will be shy at first, then when I look at their faces, the shyness will reduce a bit

Matured minds only

You aren't normal. You need Jesus
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Demurray: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Matured minds only
You age is the most important, so let start from there if you are really looking for solution
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by PepeXKermit: 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

it had to be a woman who typed this rubbish. una always use emotions to think. its your same gender that encourages and enforces all these LGBTQ rubbish. A full blown man you are telling to embrace his feminine side. What exactly do you think the implication of that is?
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Johnsown1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
Start mixing up with guys so that they will influence you to act like man. If someone says something that will send chill down your spine, learn how to hold yourself and respond amicably
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Flamemignon1(m): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

I FULLY DISAGREE WITH THE ABOVE.... there is no such thing as 50/50 men with feminine side. there is just 100%men or women that have traits that could be associated with a different gender,... and that doesnt make them any less 100% men or women.

IMHO, there is no such thing as feminine/masculine energy, there is just ENERGY, and energy doesnt have a gender. NO energy/character/emotion can be attributed to one gender. just because women are more emotional than men DOES NOT mean that being emotional is a feminine energy, it just means it is an energy that most women prioritize in their lives, but it certainly doesnt mean that if men do it too, there is a female side inside them that they are tapping into, lol!

here is the absurdity in this issue: supposedly, a man in touch with his "feminine" side, is a man who has traits mostly associated with women (aka highly emotional person and/or somebody who spend hrs getting ready and/or somebody who takes care of their appearance a bit too much and/or someone who has a caring job mostly associated with women, like nurse, babysitters, secretary etc)... such men are quckly called METROSEXUALS.... but a man associated with his "masculine" side aka a man who has the type of traits associated with men (like wanting to win all the time, being aggressive, showing strength and being loud during arguments etc), they will automatically call it TOXIC MASCULINITY.
so you see, thanks to these yeye feminist movements trying to rule the world and change the way we human function (and turn all men into biatch ass %&$#@), a man being a man is bad, a man being a woman is good; female traits are good, male traits are toxic; this state of mind is so deluded, i do feel sorry for men who believe in this ARRANT NONSENSE!

- a man who is highly emotional is AN EMOTIONAL MAN, nothing to do with feminine side BS.
- a man who is caring a bit too much about the way he looks/appears, is just A CARING MAN, nothing to do with this metrosexual arrant nonsense!
- an aggressive/violent woman is an AGGRESIVE/VIOLENT WOMAN, nothing to do with masculine energy.

pls dont confuse the above with gay/trans people out there who identify as women and/or act as women. these are homo energy (aka men who aint 100% mascuine and/or women who aint 100% feminine)...
In a non genderlized world where feminity isn't related with weakness and emotions and masculinity isn't related with strength and stoicism, everything you said would've made so much sense but not this world, humans are obsessed with labels thereby making every trait genderlized according to societal norms. Some black Americans see smoking shisha,being loud as a feminine trait, gender is all nurture not nature,it can be inspired by nature but it's not nature hence why men aren't gatekeepers of masculinity neither are women gatekeepers of feminity

There's nothing like "a homo energy" as gender mannerisms are different from human sexuality,as someone who is an ardent tourist,I have seen feminine straight men and masculine gay men,just because a man is feminine isn't telling on his sexuality and saying he will be gay,same way just because a man is masculine doesn't mean he will be straight
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by stasius: 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
You will be fine. Talk to a psychologist. A good one. Not quacks.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by NkanuSon: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
Ok thanks
occfx:

Some things are difficult to explain but the same reason why you are not happy after the act is a psychological problem but you feel more fulfilled doing the same thing with a babe you have been crushing on. Masturbationnn makes you withdraw from the system and if you are not careful you will isolate yourself by yourself. The zeal to socialize and make friends will die and you won't even care if you don't have a babe.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Uptheante(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
Puss360:
Be who you are.. If you are feminine, continue that way....
Never ever try to be what you are not....
If you are shy around guys, just work on your self-esteem... Don't to mingle with guys...
Being alive is a single race...
So why leave your lane??
You said you are "a bit" feminine, even if you are very feminine, there will still be people both guys and girls that like you as a frnd...
See how you are giving him advice that you can't give your son or brother if they were in his shoes
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Bizzyman: 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Matured minds only
I know what's the problem is. You are suffering from a sense of self inadequacy. You feel others are better than you. You are wrong.

You are unique, one of a kind and no one else in the world can take your place. You deserve every right to be here. You are Godmade.

You need to reprogram yourself, your brain, your mind and belief system.

Your self approval battery is very very low. If you need help DM me on WhatsApp 08067438374.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Menclothing: 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
You need to make friendships with naughty guys
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Puss360(f): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
Uptheante:

See how you are giving him advice that you can't give your son or brother if they were in his shoes
Noo.. if it were my son or brother I will kuku kill dem na... Abeg rest

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by MrBroke(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2023
All i can i do is grin
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Radson: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

Look at this Child!

I rebuke every demon tormenting you in Jesus name
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
Flamemignon1:

In a non genderlized world where feminity isn't related with weakness and emotions and masculinity isn't related with strength and stoicism, everything you said would've made so much sense but not this world, humans are obsessed with labels thereby making every trait genderlized according to societal norms. Some black Americans see smoking shisha,being loud as a feminine trait, gender is all nurture not nature,it can be inspired by nature but it's not nature hence why men aren't gatekeepers of masculinity neither are women gatekeepers of feminity

There's nothing like "a homo energy" as gender mannerisms are different from human sexuality,as someone who is an ardent tourist,I have seen feminine straight men and masculine gay men,just because a man is feminine isn't telling on his sexuality and saying he will be gay,same way just because a man is masculine doesn't mean he will be straight

dont get me wrong, homo energy has nothing to do with how men look, but rather how they FEEL INSIDE. thus why some homos/crossdressers/transgender that look 100% like men would feel inside that they are not 100% men, thus why these same men act/walk/talk like women (they actually believe that a part of them is feminine)... AKA the only time that i believe that some men have a feminine side in them.
so my point is that: NO straight heterosexual man has a feminine side in them, they just have traits mostly associated with women, while gays/crossdressers/transgenders do believe that a part of them is feminine thus why they do act/walk/talk/live (and/or even dress) like women.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by odenkirk: 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Matured minds only
i take god beg u to stop masturbation
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by jimcaddy(m): 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
I'm also like that especially in my age group. I think it's one major factor introverts face. Gosh I was even too shy to talk to babes back in school. It's crazy and I think low self esteem also plays a part.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by toprealman: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Matured minds only
Focus on other things, nothing is wrong with you.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Matured minds only

If you want to be feminine it’s fine if you want to be a dude, it’s fine

If the latter is what you want, you need an alpha male mentor you and in weeks you’ll be good. Act now

I for help you but my hands dey full now
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Emersonvibes10(m): 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
I can relate to this bro 💯... Try alcohol it helps me increase my confident level at least. Not until you get drunk just dy tipsy u go dy alright to mingle and talk to anybody. If you come join am with loud fuk shit bro
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by yewit37486: 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:

Lmao, how do women write grin grin

Don't mind those being unhelpful, insulting or trying to bully you on this thread, just ignore them and pick out the good parts of the advise you've been given.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? / Guys Why Do You Send Pm's???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.