Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness (26675 Views)

Debbie Is Too Shy But After I Knacked Her, The Shyness Disappeared / Why Are Some Men Shy Around Women? / I’m Shy Around My Girlfriend’s Friends. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Stevosty: 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2023
Maybe most of your siblings are girls, the more reason you need to relate with boys more, play football, have a close male pal, go watch football interesting to you or not, just try to be around guys the more.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by DrDunamis(m): 11:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Effizybozz:
As I guy I'm always shy around my fellow guys cry I don’t know why, im trying to overcome the shyness is not just working I act a little bit feminine but not all that girly tho, I’m always shy that they will monk me or say something I wouldn’t like…

How do I overcome this shyness, it actually ki!!ing Me, im an introvert because of this. There are some guys I’m not comfortable around them, when I’m with them I want them to go, secondly if I see group of guys, I will be shy to pass there… if I walk into a place sometimes and I see lots of guys I will be shy at first, then when I look at their faces, the shyness will reduce a bit

What do I do? Is it normal.. I need advice please from

Matured minds only

Start preaching the gospel and doing evangelism.
Then also you should pray to recieve the Holy Spirit as He gives boldness and courage
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Algold: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2023
Effizybozz:

Lmao, I’m not that feminine, just a little bit. The way I talk maybe, you know when someone say why you Dey do like woman… that always send chill down my spine, I hate hearing it kiss undecided

Add bass to your voice when talking to your fellow guys. Stop saying using good morning, good afternoon and good evening or how are you?, when greeting fellow guys.
Use words like...
Baba how far na
How your side.
Big man wetin sup
Your reply should be
Baba I just dey
Nothing much...
Always make eye contact...
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Thurmieee: 12:37am On Jul 16, 2023
Find some guys go smoke loud with them
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by KingGe: 1:54am On Jul 16, 2023
You are unique in your form; what you think is your problem may be someone else prayer point.

Btw change is constant
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Ed12(m): 4:26am On Jul 16, 2023
If you masturbate, stop it..

If stay indoor alone for too long, stop it...

If you press phone for too long.. minimize it....

Come back to reality

Be deliberate about changing.. communicate more with people, if you don't know how, learn it...

Just make sure you are not mistaken inferiority complex for introvert..

3 Likes

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by naturefellow(m): 5:03am On Jul 16, 2023
Effizybozz:

I actually don’t fancy things like watching football that what 90% of guys do, I only fancy adventure, movies, wrestling and the likes…
look for guys you can connect with on this level. Make your own crew, then do stuff together. This is one way to build confidence.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by naturefellow(m): 5:04am On Jul 16, 2023
Ed12:
If you masturbate, stop it..

If stay indoor alone for too long, stop it...

If you press phone for too long.. minimize it....

Come back to reality

Be deliberate about changing.. communicate more with people, if you don't know how, learn it...

Just make sure you are not mistaking inferiority complex for introvert..
great point. I like you!
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Agbalanze(m): 5:55am On Jul 16, 2023
Let's not beat around the bush.. it's either you are a nerdy or a gay.
But nerds are shy at both sexes be it male or female.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Pardubice: 6:41am On Jul 16, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

Why not just embrace the feminine part of you.. there is no sin in that...

Ask Samueltemi337 Miracrood2 and poweredcom

Advise from the pit of HELL.
U be satanic agent
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Oceanjagaban: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2023
Simple question no vex....abi them don knack your yansh before?
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by fabuluos(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2023
It's social anxiety,assuming you are shy around girls too.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 16, 2023
Effizybozz:

Wow, easier said than done
Sometime I want to hug around guys, but that courage won’t be there, I will think they will laugh at me or call me boy/girl or whatever and it killing me very much.
What's all this sef... At first read I thought maybe ur just a very shy person who's slow to interacting or socializing but then u want to start hugging guys around? Don't get me wrong. No crime hugging someone spontaneously if the situation arises but to premeditate on it and even fantasize about how to do it is what I can't understand about u. If this is ur way of coming out the closet then I can't judge ur sexuality or sexual preference. Just stop confusing urself. Do u really like women and do beautiful and sexy women make ur blood rush or is it guys that does it for u? Do u find urself sexually aroused around the guys u so wish to hug? Or are u just a naturally shy guy that feels intimidated by other bolder guys and wish u were as bold? Who knows u might just be suffering from inferiority complex or Are u shy around women too? What arouses u sexually? Do u love fvcking pussy like the rest of us or it's disgusting to u... Sorry I had to ask all these because ur situation isn't crystal clear undecided
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by MySolace: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Gay Modafukkaa
He musnt b a gay... Such person even hate gays and get seriously offended wen u regard dem as one.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by poweredcom(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2023
PepeXKermit:

it had to be a woman who typed this rubbish. una always use emotions to think. its your same gender that encourages and enforces all these LGBTQ rubbish. A full blown man you are telling to embrace his feminine side. What exactly do you think the implication of that is?

True you see that Candidlady of a phool she is a demonic person on nairaland and she is a big time troll with no sense up there

I wonder what is her problem in this life
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Effizybozz: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2023
Runnerzz:

What's all this sef... At first read I thought maybe ur just a very shy person who's slow to interacting or socializing but then u want to start hugging guys around? Don't get me wrong. No crime hugging someone spontaneously if the situation arises but to premeditate on it and even fantasize about how to do it is what I can't understand about u. If this is ur way of coming out the closet then I can't judge ur sexuality or sexual preference. Just stop confusing urself. Do u really like women and do beautiful and sexy women make ur blood rush or is it guys that does it for u? Do u find urself sexually aroused around the guys u so wish to hug? Or are u just a naturally shy guy that feels intimidated by other bolder guys and wish u were as bold? Who knows u might just be suffering from inferiority complex or Are u shy around women too? What arouses u sexually? Do u love fvcking pussy like the rest of us or it's disgusting to u... Sorry I had to ask all these because ur situation isn't crystal clear undecided

It a typo error, I mean hanging out not hunting
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Caseless: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2023
Effizybozz:

I actually don’t fancy things like watching football that what 90% of guys do, I only fancy adventure, movies, wrestling and the likes…
boost your confidence and make sure you go after girls you feel are higher than you and in doing so, even your fellow men would respect you.

Try not to look timid. Say what you know, learn what you don't know and keep quiet when you don't have what to say - speak intelligently. Go out to gym.

Don't join bad gangs in an attempt to be less shy.

Above all, look into people's eyes when talking to them - it gives you edge over them and you can overcome your "shy" attitude.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Effizybozz: 11:35am On Jul 16, 2023
thanks y’all for the advice, I appreciate them all, even when I thought the comment section will be a mess, but it wasn’t. God bless y’all 🙏
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by abercrombie(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2023
Effizybozz:

Another man down??
Get over your self boy grin cool
DM me bro,there are things i can help you out with okay
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Goodluckzzz: 11:58am On Jul 16, 2023
Mirror how guys behave so you don't look odd. Talk and walk like them.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Mrfeel: 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

Is shyness a feminine thing?
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Mrfeel: 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
Puss360:
Be who you are.. If you are feminine, continue that way....
Never ever try to be what you are not....
If you are shy around guys, just work on your self-esteem... Don't to mingle with guys...
Being alive is a single race...
So why leave your lane??
You said you are "a bit" feminine, even if you are very feminine, there will still be people both guys and girls that like you as a frnd...
What does it mean to be feminine?
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Puss360(f): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mrfeel:

What does it mean to be feminine?
Read well, he said he sometimes have a bit femininity in him..
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Mrfeel: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
madscientist88:
have you been molested by an adult male as a child before?(a homo'sexual),what you are exhibiting is a sign of trauma and lack of self confidence which is often seen in people who have been raped before or bullied and gender shamed.you obviously need to see a councilor, another reason could be that you just find men attractive for some reason.

Finding it hard to blend with other guys has nothing to do with these things you mentioned , a lot of kids who grew up in a fenced house with very few friends under strict daddy and mommy rules always act that way around kids who grew up in the streets and had all the exposure to do whatever they like and say whatever they want
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by Mrfeel: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Puss360:

Read well, he said he sometimes have a bit femininity in him..

Cause it's stereotyped feminine
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by iExplore(m): 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

@ Op, you must rebuke any thought of this. I know she's just joking though.

You need to hit the gym to build up not just your body, but also your self confidence. Trust me, it works like magic
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by beyondPen(m): 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2023
Its normal to be shy around guys.

Its upbringing especially when your dad is all macho and dont have that total male dominance and it isnt exuding in you.

I was like that but how i overcame mine was:

As time got by i got my own pack.
Every male in life should get their own packs who will correct them, insult them, defend them, cheat them and even act as wingmen to them so they can get ladies and give them confidence until you dont need them again.

This is how you overcome it.

Or register for a martial art class preferably boxing
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by vislabraye(m): 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2023
Effizybozz:
As I guy I'm always shy around my fellow guys cry I don’t know why, im trying to overcome the shyness is not just working I act a little bit feminine but not all that girly tho, I’m always shy that they will monk me or say something I wouldn’t like…

How do I overcome this shyness, it actually ki!!ing Me, im an introvert because of this. There are some guys I’m not comfortable around them, when I’m with them I want them to go, secondly if I see group of guys, I will be shy to pass there… if I walk into a place sometimes and I see lots of guys I will be shy at first, then when I look at their faces, the shyness will reduce a bit

What do I do? Is it normal.. I need advice please from

Matured minds only

Are you also shy around women or it's only men ?
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by excelchips(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
Your issue might be more of psycological. Being shy and introvert as the same time might signal some fundamental issues you might not recognise. These signals you are referring to are just the secondary/result which are visible to you. I will advise you seek professional advise. I have seen people with similar conditions finally diagnozed mental health issue. You just need to understand yourself and seek professional advise where possible. I believe it is manageable and can be overcome. There is no reason being shy around guys like you and being introvert can be good up to certain again but you have to outgrow it. Life is dynamic and should be lived to the fullest.
Re: I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness by madscientist88(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mrfeel:

Finding it hard to blend with other guys has nothing to do with these things you mentioned , a lot of kids who grew up in a fenced house with very few friends under strict daddy and mommy rules always act that way around kids who grew up in the streets and had all the exposure to do whatever they like and say whatever they want
thats your opinion,what does it have to do with what i said?you have a valid opinion as one reason to why that could happen,but mentioning me and nullifying what i said to make your point is just, outright boorish,its what an ilitrate would do tbh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? / Reasons Should Not Make A Woman Cry / 6 Things You Should Never Eat Prior To A First Date.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.