Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK (41100 Views)

Jade Slavin To Find Love Because Of Her Height (photos) / 12 Signs Of True Love In A Relationship / Man Born Without Thighs Finds Love In Woman He Met On Facebook In New Mexico (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Emperormartin(m): 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mayeldah:

Just smile at someone today and be friendly... and love will locate you. We can be friends if you are open minded.
Lol... Motivational speaker has dropped quote
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by spiritedtete: 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Meerahbel:
To be honest, I pity the sinster in Lagos finding a husband in Nigeria is like finding a pin in the ocean.

You think there is equality between men and women ehehehe. All genders have there advantages and disadvantages. A man is not looking for a woman who wants marriage. He is looking for a wife.. "you don't look for me to marry me.. I look for you and check if you can be what I want in a wife". It is way delusional to think there is equality in both gender.

Who started equality properganda(America)... give birth to lost cultures.. gave birth to LGBTQ Community and now will give birth to child sex. And this will always lead to mental illness

11 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by RedpillAnalyst: 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nasri100:
Humans continue to delude themselves with this sacrificial vs exploitation idea of love.

Love is between a mother/father to their wards.

Any other thing is a scam.

You are right sir!!!

It is important to live in that delusion. The idea of some magical love tricks human race to procreate and the idea of getting soul mate, love or sex also spur economic growth and innovations.

If all men are told all women do not have reproductive organ anymore that the creator took it away last night.

Many men will stop working hard.

This goes to say men oftentimes don't want love they just want to secure a /sex/ual partner and women don't want love they just want ATM and quality lifestyle.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by finallybusy: 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
Last last, you will find the way or learn a cheat code. Tinder dey.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Osagbovo2(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
I stand to be corrected .. Leicester City is one of the best axis in the UK to search for love .... i have come across over 15 Nigerians who found their life partner in my city hence i disagree with the op's insinuation .
Many Thanks

5 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by qtx(m): 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
uche87:
Virtually every week, a Nigerian abroad comes out on social media to lament the scarcity of partners for meaningful romantic relationships. In recent times, we have had a more frequent outcry from women. Not just average women but beautiful and classy ones. What do you think is the problem? Are the men going extinct? Let's dive into this topic from a UK experience.

Have you ever felt lonely despite being in a very crowded space? It is a weird feeling. Everybody wants to help and at the same time, nobody wants to help. This is what dating in the United Kingdom seems like.

Here are some reasons why it might be challenging finding a partner abroad:

(1) Culture shock:

The United Kingdom is a multicultural society. You get to meet Indians, Africans, Chinese, Pakistanis, Europeans, and generally people from different works of life. Their belief systems, behaviours, and different approach to issues are different. People naturally avoid what they find strange and this could affect romantic relationships.

(2) Ethnic Division

In most cities in the UK, people don't mix especially outside work. The people have doctorate degrees in 'minding their businesses'. The Chinese roll with the Chinese, Indians to Indians and Nigerians roll with their own. People just feel more comfortable with their own.

(3) Too fast, too busy:

Life in the UK is just too busy and fast especially if you are a fresh immigrant. You might have to deal with the rigours of work and school as they run concurrently. These two engagements might make a whole year look like 6 months. Oftentimes, romantic relationships take a secondary position. Some people would pick shifts over romantic dates because that is what pays the bills.

(4) Historical concerns:

Before the tier 4 visas became popular, most Africans saw the locals as keys to their stay in the country. Relationships have always been a means to an end in the UK. A selfish end so to speak. The nefarious activities of internet fraudsters have always complicated interracial relationships. For this reason, most tier 4 visa holders or citizens are wary of new entrants.

A lady who holds a British passport or Tier 2 visa might doubt the love interest of a suitor holding a tourist or student visa. There is widespread distrust in the country and nobody wants to be used as a ladder to step up. Consequently, some potential good men slip under the radar.

(5) Stereotype:

Nigerians don't have the best reputation in the UK. This is related to the previous point made. This has led to hasty generalisation and unwarranted assumptions. On dating sites/apps, some people will not talk to you because you are a Nigerian. This might be due to an adverse experience or an ordeal told by a friend, or family member about their experience with a Nigerian.

(6) Ego:

The UK has so many successful women. Most of them become big-headed as career success and financial breakthroughs come. They tend to desire men in or above their social/economic class. But African men in their supposed class fear women like them because of issues around control. Men don't want to travel on a ship with two captains. Before you know it, one woman is still single at 40 despite her beauty and achievements.

(7) Small population of Nigerians:

Despite the Japa Syndrome, Nigerians are in the minority in the UK. Out of a population of over 67 million people, Nigerians account for just 0.5% which is 271,390 in England and Wales. Most Nigerians come to the UK married. These two factors limit the available options on who to date. Even if you want to consider someone outside your ethnic background, they might not be interested in you.

(cool Racism

Due to the sensitivity of this topic, I will not dwell too much on it. It has been criminalized, but it is still what it is. Coloured people are not really in demand except for people who just want to briefly explore. Call that jungle fever!

(9) Lack of intentional efforts:

In the UK, you have to consciously work towards getting married. Attend social gatherings, meet people, shoot your shots, join dating apps, join churches, approach people for relationship referrals, and never give up when you hear a 'no'. You might just be lucky the next time you try.

(10) Marriage isn't a big deal:

People in the UK are not so big on marriage compared to their counterparts in Africa. I have a colleague who has been engaged for years; nothing is happening and nobody is under pressure. In Nigeria, people will ask questions like "Are you Froddo in the 'Lord of the Rings'?"
Generally, people just live together as partners for years and have kids together without being married. An African might frown at this on cultural and religious grounds.

(10a) Accent:

Relationships start with active and good communication. In the UK, some accents are just too complicated to understand. This makes verbal communication stressful. Most people become easily uninterested in those that don't speak like them.

(10b) Indiscriminate sex:

Due to loneliness and cold weather, most people just want to have fun with no strings attached. They want to experience that crazy feeling of intimacy for the moment. Since society doesn't attach importance to 'body counts', people jump on as many beds as possible. This is paramount amongst single parents. Single mothers just want to drink alcohol on Friday nights and have sex without entanglements. They tend to enjoy their sexual freedom and conclude that serious relationships might take that away. If care isn't taken, a woman might wake up to realize that she has had more sexual partners than a full-time prostitute at the end of the year. Sex is easy, love is hard.

These are some of the reasons I have been able to come up with. I'm pretty sure they could be extended.

Conclusion

It is possible to find love in the UK, although it is tricky. The key is being very intentional about the love search. From my personal research and experience, I believe the most effective way is through referrals. When you meet nice people, tell them to introduce you to their like-minded single friends or family members. Make your intentions clear. This is equivalent to getting references for a job application. Additionally, expand your social circles, and join African churches with huge members. Some pastors take it upon themselves to matchmake people and it works. Dating apps might not be the most ideal place to seek a meaningful relationship, but we never say never.

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from England.
Nothing is impossible, if only you will beleive.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by ednut1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
If you could not find love in Nigeria why do you think its you must find one in UK?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by MrBroke(m): 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Sex and relationship is very easy to get anywhere if you play your card right but love is an illusion. You are only loved for what you can offer and it is vice versa.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
JovialRPiller:
Them tell you say na love I day find go there?
OP wey no know, tell am..

OP wey suppose knee down ask God for the fruit of understanding and discernment dey siddon cap the capable...

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by jaxxy(m): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Most of ur excuses happen everywhere not just UK except for a few. People still get married in the UK and other places despite these general excuses.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Zupay: 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
ednut1:
If you could not find love in Nigeria why do you think its you must find one in UK?

Me, I found mine here in the Uk.....getting married in October. grin

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by femmoy(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
luminouz:

Oraimo cord, soaked in owanmbe soup

No wonder,you speak at the capacity of your brain. What a shame.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by ednut1(m): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Zupay:

Me, I found mine here in the Uk.....getting married in October. grin
you are a guy na. Na ladies i dey talk about o
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Crownhome(m): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
JovialRPiller:
Them tell you say na love I day find go there?
SAY IT LOUDER
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Adakintroy: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
End time!.

Many will run to and fro.

What you are running from and complaining about they too are running from and complaining about.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by luminouz(m): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
femmoy:

No wonder,you speak at the capacity of your brain. What a shame.

Lol...
Seems you ate agbado this morning. Calm down!! grin
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by femmoy(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nasri100:

If you think in this era that love is the reason mother and father have sex before having kids then maybe you are not very exposed.

People have sex randomly and have kids.

Besides, i think Maybe you don't understand what you quoted.

Love is between a mother/father to their wards. Mother love kid(s). Father love kid(s)

Anything else is exploitation and sacrificial

I totally understand your write up,you don't have to explain further. You try to understand my question which is what brings the parents of the ward together in the first place?

If in your opinion it's the bolded,then I can clearly say that's carelessness.

Don't quote me anymore. This isn't a debate so keep your opinion to yourself.
Reality always tell on people like you.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Tonnierichy(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
wittywriter:
Lolz
I wonder why people look for love in others...why not start with Self-Love...others will fully reciprocate then go ahead and make your best choice from the lots that will be available from your self love actions.

Since its for legit reasons why not go for virtual numbers like having a virtual office...there are such service providers online(use google) for such needs...stay legit.

Well thats what ive been using since 2010

Wittyness
For your mind now, you don contribute to the topic. You no kukuma read am.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by femmoy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
luminouz:

Lol...

You're jobless. Go get busy.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Tektronics12: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nigerians act like Wretched people thats why. If you dress nice, wear good designer used clothes/new clothes, think big and act big. Defo, you be fine..
uche87:
Virtually every week, a Nigerian abroad comes out on social media to lament the scarcity of partners for meaningful romantic relationships. In recent times, we have had a more frequent outcry from women. Not just average women but beautiful and classy ones. What do you think is the problem? Are the men going extinct? Let's dive into this topic from a UK experience.

Have you ever felt lonely despite being in a very crowded space? It is a weird feeling. Everybody wants to help and at the same time, nobody wants to help. This is what dating in the United Kingdom seems like.

(1) Culture shock:

The United Kingdom is a multicultural society. You get to meet Indians, Africans, Chinese, Pakistanis, Europeans, and generally people from different works of life. Their belief systems, behaviours, and different approach to issues are different. People naturally avoid what they find strange and this could affect romantic relationships.

(2) Ethnic Division

In most cities in the UK, people don't mix especially outside work. The people have doctorate degrees in 'minding their businesses'. The Chinese roll with the Chinese, Indians to Indians and Nigerians roll with their own. People just feel more comfortable with their own.

(3) Too fast, too busy:

Life in the UK is just too busy and fast especially if you are a fresh immigrant. You might have to deal with the rigours of work and school as they run concurrently. These two engagements might make a whole year look like 6 months. Oftentimes, romantic relationships take a secondary position. Some people would pick shifts over romantic dates because that is what pays the bills.

(4) Historical concerns:

Before the tier 4 visas became popular, most Africans saw the locals as keys to their stay in the country. Relationships have always been a means to an end in the UK. A selfish end so to speak. The nefarious activities of internet fraudsters have always complicated interracial relationships. For this reason, most tier 4 visa holders or citizens are wary of new entrants.

A lady who holds a British passport or Tier 2 visa might doubt the love interest of a suitor holding a tourist or student visa. There is widespread distrust in the country and nobody wants to be used as a ladder to step up. Consequently, some potential good men slip under the radar.

(5) Stereotype:

Nigerians don't have the best reputation in the UK. This is related to the previous point made. This has led to hasty generalisation and unwarranted assumptions. On dating sites/apps, some people will not talk to you because you are a Nigerian. This might be due to an adverse experience or an ordeal told by a friend, or family member about their experience with a Nigerian.

(6) Ego:

The UK has so many successful women. Most of them become big-headed as career success and financial breakthroughs come. They tend to desire men in or above their social/economic class. But African men in their supposed class fear women like them because of issues around control. Men don't want to travel on a ship with two captains. Before you know it, one woman is still single at 40 despite her beauty and achievements.

Despite the Japa Syndrome, Nigerians are in the minority in the UK. Out of a population of over 67 million people, Nigerians account for just 0.5% which is 271,390 in England and Wales. Most Nigerians come to the UK married. These two factors limit the available options on who to date. Even if you want to consider someone outside your ethnic background, they might not be interested in you.

(cool Racism

Due to the sensitivity of this topic, I will not dwell too much on it. It has been criminalized, but it is still what it is. Coloured people are not really in demand except for people who just want to briefly explore. Call that jungle fever!

In the UK, you have to consciously work towards getting married. Attend social gatherings, meet people, shoot your shots, join dating apps, join churches, approach people for relationship referrals, and never give up when you hear a 'no'. You might just be lucky the next time you try.

People in the UK are not so big on marriage compared to their counterparts in Africa. I have a colleague who has been engaged for years; nothing is happening and nobody is under pressure. In Nigeria, people will ask questions like "Are you Froddo in the 'Lord of the Rings'?"
Generally, people just live together as partners for years and have kids together without being married. An African might frown at this on cultural and religious grounds.

(10a) Accent:

Relationships start with active and good communication. In the UK, some accents are just too complicated to understand. This makes verbal communication stressful. Most people become easily uninterested in those that don't speak like them.

Due to loneliness and cold weather, most people just want to have fun with no strings attached. They want to experience that crazy feeling of intimacy for the moment. Since society doesn't attach importance to 'body counts', people jump on as many beds as possible. This is paramount amongst single parents. Single mothers just want to drink alcohol on Friday nights and have sex without entanglements. They tend to enjoy their sexual freedom and conclude that serious relationships might take that away. If care isn't taken, a woman might wake up to realize that she has had more sexual partners than a full-time prostitute at the end of the year. Sex is easy, love is hard.

These are some of the reasons I have been able to come up with. I'm pretty sure they could be extended.

Conclusion

It is possible to find love in the UK, although it is tricky. The key is being very intentional about the love search. From my personal research and experience, I believe the most effective way is through referrals. When you meet nice people, tell them to introduce you to their like-minded single friends or family members. Make your intentions clear. This is equivalent to getting references for a job application. Additionally, expand your social circles, and join African churches with huge members. Some pastors take it upon themselves to matchmake people and it works. Dating apps might not be the most ideal place to seek a meaningful relationship, but we never say never.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by luminouz(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
femmoy:

You're jobless. Go get busy.

E still dey pepper you? Na joke I dey na grin
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Worldtaker: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
When I was in the UK, mehn you gotta to have tight game. Mehm, but there are many chicas everywhere. In the US, you can still align because of the black American girls. But my experience in Canada is like a family country, which can be boring at times. But dem men, in the UK, we got many parties, local parties, naija nigga parties. Nice joint where to find delectable babe. But it takes time for love to grow there niggas. But my uncles, friends and niggas all marry. Some from their home town, others from the UK itself

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by chatinent: 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
The love scam thing there is really outdated. They know you looking for papers!
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
It’s when some of these ladies reach here they would then appreciate Nigerian men more.

All those free outing ends at Muritala Mohammed. Foreign men hardly date Nigerian ladies which is quite strange cos you’d think they’d be head over heels over you cos of the “glutes”.

One thing I’d like to add is that regardless, it’s easy to approach women here. You might not just have the time to do a lot of it. I went on multiple dates with a teacher in a school I do cleaning. (This can never happen in Nigeria)

Like OP said, Nigerians need to do better to have a good image, treat people well and don’t be too desperate. The Jamo girls I meet would say the Nigerian men here are the ones spreading STDs and just with them for papers.

They do like us to be honest but that stereotype lingers (fraud and papers). Met a Brit Nigerian girl we had a nice time but I didn’t want to date her and she was confused. Not everybody will chose papers over peace of mind. She was just too wild hence I aborted the mission to date her.

Personally, I am leaning towards the Jamaican girls. They have been the sweetest beings I have met in my life. They treat you nice and cook like goddesses. My advice is that don’t mess with their emotions because they just normally have a dead beat Dad, women are better off than men in Jamaica. Again, not all but most.

If you are a funny guy particularly in the Uk, you can have any girl you want. I’d say that again “ANY”

Nigerians, please be a good example wherever you are until you change citizenship abeg.

God bless Africa

uche87:

(1) Culture shock:

(2) Ethnic Division

(3) Too fast, too busy:

(4) Historical concerns:

(5) Stereotype:

(6) Ego:

(cool Racism

(10a) Accent:

Conclusion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by irumole1975: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
RECTEM:
Oga fuel is now N617, but you still want to discourage us. Thunder fire love. I must japa and I don't need love to marry. I go marry anybody and when we have kids we will love our kids and that will sustain the marriage. Se fini.

Most of you are just bitter and very unfortunate on this japa issue. I read that post like two times trying to see where OP discouraged u from japa and I couldn’t find it. like who care if u japa or not? How does that help OP? You people really need to take it easy. No one cares

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by pacespot(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin me too I like that indiscriminate sex part, i dont like entaglement too much where someone is just holding you down into some kind of relationship.

Does it mean that sex is cheap in UK, but love isn't?
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Orderabove(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
RECTEM:
Oga fuel is now N617, but you still want to discourage us. Thunder fire love. I must japa and I don't need love to marry. I go marry anybody and when we have kids we will love our kids and that will sustain the marriage. Se fini.
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
For people wey wan find love. In Nigeria, I did not see love, is it in the UK I am expecting to see one? shocked

I just want to make plenty of money as much as possible and enjoy my life. cool
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Lisaint(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Onefornaija18:
nawao

I NEED USA PHONE NUMBER for legit reasons.

I am in Abuja and I need a USA number to enable me receive NORMAL calls from America.
This will help with my business.

I also want a number to verify my account on OfferUp, and other online stores in the USA.

I NEED SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

I am read to pay.

Scammers should stay off, please.
I am vigilant.

zero 9.0.50.99.81.30 (Whatsapp only)

I will be glad to be your deal hunter
Sire
Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Nasri100(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
femmoy:

I totally understand your write up,you don't have to explain further. You try to understand my question which is what brings the parents of the ward together in the first place?

If in your opinion it's the bolded,then I can clearly say that's carelessness.

Don't quote me anymore. This isn't a debate so keep your opinion to yourself.
Reality always tell on people like you.

Why are you fighting with yourself? grin

Don't quote you anymore? You did first. I don't know you. You came on my mention and start jacking about not quoting you anymore. Who the hell is this?

What carelessness are you on about? What reality are you on about?

You talk so much jargons and very disjointed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK by Nasri100(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
luminouz:

Lol...

The femmoy lady is just all over the place and emotional

She had me on mention then next thing shes warning me not to quote her anymore before i even explained myself.

What the hell?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Everyone She Dates Becomes Poor! / Please Help! My Boyfriend Irritates Me / What's The Craziest Thing You've Ever Done For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.