Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) (55436 Views)

3-year-old Boy Mauled To Death By Two Pit Bulls In South Africa (graphic Photo) / 4-year-old Indian Girl Killed In Leopard Attack (Picture) / Belgian Woman Banned From Zoo After 4-year 'affair' With Chimpanzee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Larsvegas: 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
People keep endangering their lives just for the love of dogs
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Pootle: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
most nigerians dont take their dogs to the vet...and health issues happens you dont know neither can you detect, its a crime to jus leave the pet without feeding or taking proper care of them, if you know you cant take good care of them then dont have them undecided
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by DeOTR: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
TMSMedia:
A 4-year-old boy has died after being attacked by his father's dog in Etche local Government Area of Rivers State, IGBERETV reports.

Rivers journalist, who disclosed this in a Facebook post on Monday, July 17, 2023, said the incident happened at Chokota in Igbo-Etche town.

Datuwo People shared photo on Facebook with the caption;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02zesYZ9E6ZWJLNheqHEmKkyKWcPtBL9q5qUhGq9T8nQb6NCA5kTumhkQ36W1Mhsxrl&id=100000472592186&mibextid=Nif5oz

https://igberetvnews.com/1448576/dog-mauls-owners-4-year-old-son-death-rivers-graphic-photo/
This is expected if you're keeping a wild animal at home, calling it a dog.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Natbrowny: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
Starboytwo:
Sad

Which kain dog be that? It’s suppose to know its owners son now?

Some of these dogs people put at homes are wild animals. U cant change their instinct. Even local dogs dey attack goats n sheep for night. D taming of animals dey get levels

2 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by BABYLUVLY(f): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
I was supposed to get an apartment 2 weeks ago, very beautiful place. Well built. The landlord has a big dog. I live alone with my 2 year old son. I told them I can't risk that.

RIP to the little boy. The parents would have avoided that.

4 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by deavicky(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
I nodey eat dog but this dog, I go fry am alive eat.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Vulcan24(m): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
We have said it several times, dogs needs license to be reared !
Pets and domestic animals are to be regulated by the govt and not allowed in public places except by specially trained hands
How do you reconcile all these barbaric and insane deaths of young children in the hands of senseless adults

3 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by deavicky(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Pootle:
most nigerians dont take their dogs to the vet...and health issues happens you dont know neither can you detect, its a crime to jus leave the pet without feeding or taking proper care of them, if you know you cant take good care of them then dont have them undecided
this is why I love my chihauhau. Even fawl they chance am sometimes.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by jerk: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Thank God I don't like dogs. One of my children said he wants a cat while the other said a dog.
I rather buy cat if I must buy a pet for them but I don't want any of them.
One day the cat will carry snake enter house to chop.. I want none of them.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Been thinking of getting a dog, but with this, forget it.

Unless probably this harmless-looking breed... cheesy

Those "harmless looking breeds" are even more vicious and destructive than most of the big canines people domesticate.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by kendrick93(m): 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
Man I hate dogs especially those rott and bulls angry

And wtf the guy carrying the child in that manner angry
Some people no just get sense

2 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by deavicky(m): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

I don't know if you read the story well that the dog killed a human being and not a chicken.....

Anyway, I do have 2 x 4 or pegs at my car's boot with a nice Monday hammer....let me not tell you what they can do for me anyway...
all u need 8s to chain the dog to an iron pole then pure am diesel and ignite it let it burn slowly alive.

2 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by juman(m): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Investigate what happened to the dog that made it attacked the boy.

After then kill the animal.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Pootle: 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
deavicky:
this is why I love my chihauhau. Even fawl they chance am sometimes.

grin grin with their big eyes
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dshocker:
Having a higher breed of dog, like the Dobermann, Rottweiler, or a Pitbull, and you refused to feed them at the stipulated time means you are putting your life and those around you at risk.

And those 3 dogs i listed above can overpower any man, you are no match for their strength.

Pitbulls are genetically wired to love and protect children. There are very rare cases of pitbulls going berserk and pouncing on children. Rottweilers and Dobermans on the other hand, are enough to cause you concerns, even as an adult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by cococandy(f): 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
This is heart crushing

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by NOwazobia: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
tete7000:

You definitely need psychiatric evaluation, and I meant every word I typed.
She is an idiot seeking attention, and you guys are giving it to her.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
deavicky:
all u need 8s to chain the dog to an iron pole then pure am diesel and ignite it let it burn slowly alive.

Thank you for this piece ,....but such a dog can only be handled from a distance...

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Felaincarnated: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dog wey sopoz dey big pot
tyup:
Aww that's so sad and sending my condolences to the family of the boy.

I sincerely suggest they take the Dog to a veterinary therapist for evaluation and given necessary treatment so incidents like this isn't repeated. So sad
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by omooba969(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
Wahala wahala wahala! shocked
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Dshocker(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buddha3:

Pitbulls are genetically wired to love and protect children. There are very rare cases of pitbulls going berserk and pouncing on children. Rottweilers and Dobermans on the other hand, are enough to cause you concerns, even as an adult.

You are saying the opposite...

Why do you think that Canada banned Pitbulls, some part of the UK & US also banned it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Reference(m): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
The man should be arrested and prosecuted.

2 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Lexiskillz09: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

This is not a dog’s handwork, this crime was committed by a man which I’m sure is the boy’s father, probably for ritual purpose sad

Why is Nigerian men this heartless The father of the this child should be investigated thoroughly.

Nonsense men!!!

Cry more 😢. The man is a free man
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Counterfeit: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
The dog should not be allowed to Rest in Peace nor Rest in Pot, it should be thrown inside the Crocodile pit.

tyup:
Aww that's so sad and sending my condolences to the family of the boy.

I sincerely suggest they take the Dog to a veterinary therapist for evaluation and given necessary treatment so incidents like this isn't repeated. So sad

2 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Culer: 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buddha3:

The f**k you talking about?!
Pitbulls maul children for sports.

3 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Regie2bless: 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
TMSMedia:
A 4-year-old boy has died after being attacked by his father's dog in Etche local Government Area of Rivers State, IGBERETV reports.

Rivers journalist, who disclosed this in a Facebook post on Monday, July 17, 2023, said the incident happened at Chokota in Igbo-Etche town.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02zesYZ9E6ZWJLNheqHEmKkyKWcPtBL9q5qUhGq9T8nQb6NCA5kTumhkQ36W1Mhsxrl&id=100000472592186&mibextid=Nif5oz

https://igberetvnews.com/1448576/dog-mauls-owners-4-year-old-son-death-rivers-graphic-photo/
dog wey he dey use he money feed, this is very sad. This is what u get when u choose to go for aggressive dogs, as a dog owner u need to train ur dog to have dat natural affection for the family not only the owner.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Harmless1b(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ya ju nkita Anya, otaa onye nwe ya..

rip kid.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Regie2bless: 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
TMSMedia:

things like dis, dem go first chain the dog to stationary object like tree, then rush go filling station go buy fuel, 3k. Empty the fuel for the dog body and do d needful with ur matches

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dshocker:

You are saying the opposite...

Why do you think that Canada banned Pitbulls, some part of the UK & US also banned it.

Pitbulls are not banned in the US and UK. However, in certain regions of the UK, specific legislations are being considered to further tighten the regulations around owning the breed, including making foundational laws that only for the dog to be handled by persons not less than 16years old. And Canada still very much allows ownership of the dog.

Again, pitbulls are genetically wired to be affectionate towards children and when well trained, they make excellent lovers of children. Don't take my word for it, all of this is public information even you can access.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by mdimefields: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
In 2014, I witnessed the same thing. A German Shepherd cross breed almost ate up a boy of same age, if not for quick intervention of people around. We rushed the boy to hospitals. I'm dead scared of keeping dogs as pets, I'd rather pick a cat over dogs.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by CJStarz: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
Do you hate your dad?

Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

This is not a dog’s handwork, this crime was committed by a man which I’m sure is the boy’s father, probably for ritual purpose sad

Why is Nigerian men this heartless The father of the this child should be investigated thoroughly.

Nonsense men!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State / 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.