Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) (55431 Views)

3-year-old Boy Mauled To Death By Two Pit Bulls In South Africa (graphic Photo) / 4-year-old Indian Girl Killed In Leopard Attack (Picture) / Belgian Woman Banned From Zoo After 4-year 'affair' With Chimpanzee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by chival(f): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
tyup:
Aww that's so sad and sending my condolences to the family of the boy.

I sincerely suggest they take the Dog to a veterinary therapist for evaluation and given necessary treatment so incidents like this isn't repeated. So sad
Dogs that kill have to be put down(killed). That's common practice. It will be a gross anomaly if that dog is still alive right now.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Culer:
The f**k you talking about?!
Pitbulls maul children for sports.

Lol.

Pitbulls don't maul children for sports. Specially not kids the dogs grew with.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Teymanhenry(f): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
This is not the handwork of a dog. Where are the bruises on the neck? Why is the cuts so straight and inch-perfect? Finally, why hold the boy like he is a slaughtered goat? Imagine, he is trying to put the boy in a carton

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Jetro033: 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
/quote]are you serious, How are men nonsense? Can you live without men for just one week? You better change your life to better standard.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
May God rest your innocent soul, poor boy.
I wonder why we will continue to copy the lifestyle of white people. Dress like oyinbo, talk like oyinbo, go school for oyinbo land, eat like oyinbo, keep killer dogs as pets.
Who do us this kind strong thing?
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by chival(f): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
Pootle:
most nigerians dont take their dogs to the vet...and health issues happens you dont know neither can you detect, its a crime to jus leave the pet without feeding or taking proper care of them, if you know you cant take good care of them then dont have them undecided
You have a point. However, dogs have been known to maul humans, especially certain breeds of dogs and it is not restricted to Nigeria. Horror stories of dog attacks abound online.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Jetro033: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
/quote]are you serious, How are men nonsense? Can you live without men for just one week? You better change your life to better standard.[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Drbarmes(m): 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
tyup:

I sincerely suggest they take the Dog to a veterinary therapist for evaluation and given necessary treatment so incidents like this isn't repeated. So sad
see talk o. kill the mad dog
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Newnas(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

This is not a dog’s handwork, this crime was committed by a man which I’m sure is the boy’s father, probably for ritual purpose sad

Why is Nigerian men this heartless The father of the this child should be investigated thoroughly.

Nonsense men!!!
You lack sense!!!
No pun intended. No cap.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Omanambala(m): 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
Why the Bleep are you showing us the picture.....barbaric fhools!
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by GanagiBitrus: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buddha3:

Those "harmless looking breeds" are even more vicious and destructive than most of the big canines people domesticate.
Can they maul a person to death?
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by GanagiBitrus: 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buddha3:

Those "harmless looking breeds" are even more vicious and destructive than most of the big canines people domesticate.
Are you saying there are no non-aggressive dog breeds?
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by bjtinz: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
They didn't mention what species it pitbulls for instance have been known to turn on their owners

What a devastating loss. May the poor boy RIP. Condolences to the family
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Are you saying there are no non-aggressive dog breeds?

Every dog has the potential for violence and aggression. The trick is in its upbringing. It's basically why a lot of dog owners employ the services of dog handlers.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by fitinwell: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dshocker:
Having a higher breed of dog, like the Dobermann, Rottweiler, or a Pitbull, and you refused to feed them at the stipulated time means you are putting your life and those around you at risk.

And those 3 dogs i listed above can overpower any man, you are no match for their strength.

Possible someone drugged that Dog
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by goodnewscliff(m): 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jakpon:
End of discussion
aint humans worse than animals Aint we killing ourselves every fu**ucking day??
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Codes151(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
as a dog lover, i can never have a dop untill i am done havng kids and all are way above 8, then i can get a dog as a puppy first.... even if i did have a dog before,,, never never, it will have its own space away from my family... it will own the night only.

such a bad thing sha
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by MrLight10: 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
The dog must have contacted Rabies virus, and has reached a furious stage. That's makes it furious and bites without discrimination
RIP😭
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by GanagiBitrus: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buddha3:

Every dog has the potential for violence and aggression. The trick is in its upbringing. It's basically why a lot of dog owners employ the services of dog handlers.

I other words, you advise me to stay away from keeping dogs unless I employ services of dog handlers.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Shikena(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yes, he is responsible for the child's death!

essentialone:
Whoever owns that dog, deserve to be killed. Imagine the rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Awise09(m): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

This is not a dog’s handwork, this crime was committed by a man which I’m sure is the boy’s father, probably for ritual purpose sad

Why is Nigerian men this heartless The father of the this child should be investigated thoroughly.

Nonsense men!!!
You to be check by doctor.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by onatisi(m): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
there are no bad dogs but bad dog owners, many people just buy dogs without knowing anything about dogs, some people will even say that they want their dogs to be mean and therefore not socialize it with human beings, some intentionally starve their dogs just to make it aggressive all these usually contribute to dogs getting out of control.
early socialization is very important in dog training, having a dog without proper socialization and training is just a recipe for disaster.
dogs are man best friend BUT ONLY AND IF ONLY THEY ARE PROPERLY TRAINED AND GROOMED. DON'T ALLOW YOUR DOG TO TRAIN ITSELF . JUST BUYING A DOG AND NOT TRAINING IT IS JUST LIKE HAVING A NIGHT GUARD WITH A GUN IN YOUR HOUSE WITHOUT SHOWING HIM WHO THE ENEMY IS , WHEN TO ATTACK AND WHEN TO BE COURTEOUS

if you dont have time for a dog please please please dont buy one , most especially all those high breed dogs .
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by HacheNoire: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
What happens when hen you buy dog breeds that you know nothing about.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by HacheNoire: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dshocker:
Having a higher breed of dog, like the Dobermann, Rottweiler, or a Pitbull, and you refused to feed them at the stipulated time means you are putting your life and those around you at risk.

And those 3 dogs i listed above can overpower any man, you are no match for their strength.

Its not about feeding. Those dogs have domineering instinct. They require time to train, nurture, and curtail.

That dog definitely must have exhibited some traits which the owner ignored.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by grandstar(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
Timoleon:
God abeg o

How do you live with yourself as the owner of that dog knowing your son’s death was totally avoidable? What’s the point of having a vicious dog in a house with a kid?

For many like this father out there, don’t let your love for dogs jeopardize the lives of your family members. Keep big dogs away from your home especially if your kids are still little.

The problem really is that incidents like these are so rare that it makes news when it happens.

Anyway you look at it, this is sad. The poor man should quickly go bury his son.

The dog should be put to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Hotwest: 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dshocker:

what are you saying. With better weapon in your hand removing fear of d first bite u can wound and kill them normally... imagine me with a short iron reinforcement rod of 20mm...d dog is gone with a hard hit on d head
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by forexprophet(m): 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
We know your type. Having been rejected by different men because of bad character and lack of home training. They will now start transferring frustrated aggression on men .
Have forgotten that your father is also a Nigerian man? Don't use your father's bad behaviors to judge other men.

You are a SHE-GOAT!!!

Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

Nonsense men!!!
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by wonder233: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Woke politically correct ozuo. Hypocrisy of "loving" animals so dearly, even more than humans. You think per chance, a woke foreigner will see your comment and be so impressed and offer you a visa?
Phool!
tyup:

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Bridget95(f): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
It must be Pit bull. That beast is something else
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Allisgud: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ekuke dog can never do that, mostly when u trained it from puppy level
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Electorate: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

Nonsense men!!!

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by ogaemma: 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
I hope the dog is not a Rottweiler.
In Germany Rottweiler is referred to as butchers' dogs.
Don't keep Rottweilers at home, they have short memory.
They can even attack the very owner the moment they lost their memory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State / 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.