Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,041 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) (55355 Views)

3-year-old Boy Mauled To Death By Two Pit Bulls In South Africa (graphic Photo) / 4-year-old Indian Girl Killed In Leopard Attack (Picture) / Belgian Woman Banned From Zoo After 4-year 'affair' With Chimpanzee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by master2023: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Abeg let me no d breed of the dog o. If Na Caucasian male I quick carry my own enter slaughter house o.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by fineberry(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Na God save me one day, I entered my neighbor compound that has 5 or 6 Asians breads....I thought all the dogs were inside their cage oo.

The wey this animals would av bounce on me ehn.....since that day, I always call myself Daniel that enter den of dogs.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Styluss: 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
I hope the vete doesnt mean a vet doc? We dont need that to put that beast to sleep, 3 rounds of 2x2 backhead is enough to do the damage

fuckingAyaya:
Vete..... Wetin? Put the damn dog to eternal sleep outrightly.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by calabardick(m): 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
I'm sure it's pitbull
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by CloudResident(m): 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Oh No! This could have been avoided. My guess is the dog is either a rottweiler or Pitbull.
People should learn about dogs' before breeding them, especially their temperament.

Remember, there are no bad dogs. Only bad owners.
RIP to the innocent kid.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Ebony2King: 12:41am On Jul 19, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Been thinking of getting a dog, but with this, forget it.

Unless probably this harmless-looking breed... cheesy

That one fit bite ya son prick oo
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Ebony2King: 12:45am On Jul 19, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

This is not a dog’s handwork, this crime was committed by a man which I’m sure is the boy’s father, probably for ritual purpose sad

Why is Nigerian men this heartless The father of the this child should be investigated thoroughly.

Nonsense men!!!

Oh not again! 🤦‍♂️ This mad woman sef. He keeps giving her data?
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Ebony2King: 12:46am On Jul 19, 2023
GeneralPula:
Which kind Dog be that one?

It must be a pit bull or bull mastiff, or even a Rottweiler. Alsatians or Caucasian breed can’t do this
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by L0wk3y(m): 1:29am On Jul 19, 2023
Condolences to the Families of the bereaved. I can’t imagine what they’re going though.
That said please stop the breed shaming of dogs….I have 3 pitbulls myself( a 7yr old and her two 4 year old kids), and they all live inside my house, not even compound. Never had an issue all 7 years, all 5 people that have been bitten(2 car thieves, 1 overzealous neighbor and 2 #endsars looters), all were trespassers.
No dog breed is bad just like no human is bad, your upbringing is everything.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:58am On Jul 19, 2023
TMSMedia:
A 4-year-old boy has died after being attacked by his father's dog in Etche local Government Area of Rivers State, IGBERETV reports.

Rivers journalist, who disclosed this in a Facebook post on Monday, July 17, 2023, said the incident happened at Chokota in Igbo-Etche town.

Datuwo People shared photo on Facebook with the caption;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02zesYZ9E6ZWJLNheqHEmKkyKWcPtBL9q5qUhGq9T8nQb6NCA5kTumhkQ36W1Mhsxrl&id=100000472592186&mibextid=Nif5oz

https://igberetvnews.com/1448576/dog-mauls-owners-4-year-old-son-death-rivers-graphic-photo/
werey said mad dog. When Nigerian owners only know how to make their dogs behave like untrained wild animals
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by vickydevoka(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
Animal will always be an animal,
Come us or UK come see animals
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by ttobizz(m): 8:26am On Jul 19, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

This is not a dog’s handwork, this crime was committed by a man which I’m sure is the boy’s father, probably for ritual purpose sad

Why is Nigerian men this heartless The father of the this child should be investigated thoroughly.

Nonsense men!!!

This girl again
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by kernniejay(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oh No!! Not again!!!

Nonsense men!!!
A dog's reasoning is far better than yours.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Lovelydaisies: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2023
It's really sad.

The dog will have to be put down, having tasted blood.

But I do hope the dog was being well treated too. Anything could have made it snap but I think mistreatment and lack of veterinary visits may contribute to such a rogue behavior.

My neighbor beats his dog and you can hear it squealing loudly. Guy's got three young kids and I fear they don't encounter the same fate. Seriously.

Treat your dogs right if you must keep them : regular veterinary visits, good food and good treatment.

When too big, they should be in a cage, coupled with regular walks... Phew!

May the poor kid rest in peace and may the family find consolation in God.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by BABYBULLETIN: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
tyup:
Aww that's so sad and sending my condolences to the family of the boy.

I sincerely suggest they take the Dog to a veterinary therapist for evaluation and given necessary treatment so incidents like this isn't repeated. So sad
Dog should be shot dead,the owner send to jail..10yrs inprisoment
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Lama70(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
Animal will always be an animal,

I don't even know if I hate or fear dogs.

I think both will suffice here.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by Beey(f): 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
tyup:
Aww that's so sad and sending my condolences to the family of the boy.

I sincerely suggest they take the Dog to a veterinary therapist for evaluation and given necessary treatment so incidents like this isn't repeated. So sad
Such dogs are usually put down in my location. It’s the best thing to do because the memories will always haunt.No evaluation needed, just have the vet administer a lethal injection.
Re: Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) by EgunMogaji2: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
L0wk3y:
Condolences to the Families of the bereaved. I can’t imagine what they’re going though.
That said please stop the breed shaming of dogs….I have 3 pitbulls myself( a 7yr old and her two 4 year old kids), and they all live inside my house, not even compound. Never had an issue all 7 years, all 5 people that have been bitten(2 car thieves, 1 overzealous neighbor and 2 #endsars looters), all were trespassers.
No dog breed is bad just like no human is bad, your upbringing is everything.

You’re joking. But go on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Love My Dogs! / 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.