Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK (75242 Views)

Nigerian Doctor In UK Mocks Nigerian Women After His Gift From UK Woman (Pix) / Wife Of Nigerian Doctor Arrested For Having Sex With Her Student In The U.S / Emeka Okorocha, Nigerian Doctor In UK Ladies Are Crushing On (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 7:07am On Jul 19, 2023
Urheadmaster:
The same situation over here in Germany very hard to find a friend and worst of it all, only few people speaks English which makes it harder angry

Why are you angry? The official language in Germany is German. You have to learn the language and fit in o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by donprinyo(m): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2023
One thing about bed is that u lay on it just the way u made it. Your problem is not abroad but ur decision making.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 7:19am On Jul 19, 2023
Omoawoke:
Loneliness will kill all Nigerian girls in Canada , Uk and US

Insha allah

I remember when I first got to UK, no Nigerian girl looked at my face because I was a student. They didn’t give a shittt about me. The female friends I had weren’t Nigerians, not a single one. They were chasing guys already settled and those ones using them to play wayo

I moved to the US and same thing happened, when I finally finished school and became settled, they came like flies everywhere.

Girls should learn one thing, that single guy that you see still trying to get life settled, working hard to make progress will eventually become successful.
The guys in their 40s that you are clinging to went through same phase. Unfortunately many of them aren’t available anymore. They have been taken.
If you want to make it work, find a responsible guy that truly care about you and work together with him to make progress. Work together as a family, not every time you will meet ready made products

This is a mistake most make. I understand hypergamy is an issue, but consider that for a young man to leave Nigeria, get admitted into a good university on his merit aka legal migration, get some form of scholarship, study a relevant course, try as much as possible to learn the language etc. It means he has good heads over his shoulders. Such a person is responsible to a great extent and quite ambitious. It is not like he got there illegally or was caught for nefarious purposes. But hypergamy and fear of the unknown no go gree. Beecause truth is; these young men notice these things and decides to mix up with other nationals esp if there is a significant black population.

The situation is quite different if the lady has permanent residence or is older than the guy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2023
Rahkman:
Black women are not wanted by any race except black men .....talk about bottom of the food chain grin grin grin

Black men are also affected. There is no country outside a black dominated region where black men are prized or the top of the dating chain, except for the famed black preek. Most will want to taste or feel how a black man's preek is. They will not marry you. So stop thinking black men are prized. That said, humans are tribal and will always prefer those who look/think like them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Breadwinner(m): 7:25am On Jul 19, 2023
As a person who likes to study and understand how various human mind works, I believe sometimes women don't know that the solitude they believe they are experiencing is just absence of male headache, constant anxiety from worrying about not having enough money to get what they desire, random ehsss fine girl (as thugs or touts like to say when they see pretty Nigerian girls on the road especially alone) and much more mind disturbing a things like that. Why I say this is, if a good guy comes that is gentle, understands them, give them time to be themselves and do what they want, they will still feel solitude....#I am very interested in female responses to this my hypothesis.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 7:28am On Jul 19, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Laughable... just 2 days abroad I don dey smatch knack pretty white ladies up and down... I'm even tired of making friends because anywhere I go I make my presence know

You are the problem bring urself down and looking for ppl in ur class u might find someone that will appreciate u from outside ur class

The difference is that those women just want to fee how the penis of a black man is. Most will not want to marry you. That is the difference. Most importantly, women of all races desire relationships/companionship more than sexual intercourse. It is why they are demisexual. So having sex with different white girls does not mean you are into a long term relationship this woman desires.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Raalsalghul: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

This is a mistake most make. I understand hypergamy is an issue, but consider that for a young man to leave Nigeria, get admitted into a good university on his merit aka legal migration, get some form of scholarship, study a relevant course, try as much as possible to learn the language etc. It means he has good heads over his shoulders. Such a person is responsible to a great extent and quite ambitious. It is not like he got there illegally or was caught for nefarious purposes. But hypergamy and fear of the unknown no go gree. Beecause truth is; these young men notice these things and decides to mix up with other nationals esp if there is a significant black population.

The situation is quite different if the lady has permanent residence or is older than the guy.

It's not being responsible or ambitious that will settle the bills or give them soft life Oga Gerrard59. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 7:32am On Jul 19, 2023
robinsoncrosoe:
Somebody's son will now marry a left over and an over used commodity

Am sorry life happened to her that way but her chances of finding a high value man is around 20%

Ups and downs of life

Women always want to marry someone at their level or above their level

What stopped her from picking a Nigerian man when she visited and marrying him. A man would have come down to pick a wife.so many Nigerian men would have given a limb to marry u.am not saying it will always turn out good,but the Nigerian man would have worshipped u for uplifting him in the time being.

According to kelvin Samuels,u may die alone

If you knew the bold, why request she go to Nigeria to pick a man to marry? Most of the men she grew up/studied with in Nigeria go don marry as those are the men she can trust if she decides to marry a man and move over to the UK. But a random man living in Tinubu's current Nigeria? It is a risky venture.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by isabi2lof: 7:36am On Jul 19, 2023
Ebubu2:
calm
down. Find ur man’s reason for cheating and satisfy him, he won’t be cheating.

Anyone that cheats doesn't have any genuine reason, no matter how you satisfy a man as a woman, if he lacks self control, forget it , human beings are insatiable..

If my man cheats on me , do you think I will give a fvck about it , the answer is no , I live my life one day at a time , some people do tell me that I don't use to bother about anything in this life , I will just look at them at smile 😊..

If I care for you enough, just know that , my mind is the one disturbing me to reach out to you , cos on a good day , I no too dey send anybody, my mama sef don talk tire ..
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by maasoap(m): 7:36am On Jul 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Go back to Nigeria then.
You are insensitive to her plight, to the plight of many Nigerians looking for greener pastures abroad. But I get it, you believed that they already have the opportunity that you are dreaming of and that they shouldn't complain about anything else. Instead, they should be grateful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by henrisco: 7:37am On Jul 19, 2023
I understand your plight. Reach out to me for a possible discussion
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by ashawopikin(m): 7:38am On Jul 19, 2023
And yet, you don't want to come back to Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by maasoap(m): 7:42am On Jul 19, 2023
Ebubu2:
Abroad is always lonely but you’ll have money to assist home.

Choose your death.

Average life but family around you who may not be doing so well.
Or abroad life with extreme loneliness, depression, looking at the window most times but family do well courtesy monies you send back home.

If you say damn it and want to return Nigeria and bring a wife back to abroad, your mind fears divorce scandal and what you stand to lose so you continue lonely like that.

You made a lot of sense, very apt description of the whole debacles. Hard choices, dilemma
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by tonididdy(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2023
Ok this loneliness episodes are becoming stale as I cannot never relate to it.

I also live overseas and trust me, you really can never be lonely overseas unless you are a premium saddest.
There’s so much to do outdoors for fun and unless it’s just the UK but in another abroad, Nigerians love to make friends and visit each other houses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by maasoap(m): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Masturbation loading
Lol. Over there, they don't see masturbation as a big deal. She can't say she's not already into that but it is not a substitute for companionship. She's particularly concerned about human relationship to deal with loneliness.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by 2hrt(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2023
Calitoscassius:
I have never experienced any of these, maybe co's i was born and bred in London E17.

Op, go to pubs, nighclubs, attend colleagues birthday paties, try wetherspoon pubs, yes it can be lonely in the UK sometimes for people who came to live here. Even the people who were born here experience so much loneliness that is why most drink alchohol daily or smokes something. Some work allday and night just to overcome loneliness, some have kids so as to overcome loneliness, Op if you want to have kids to overcome loneliness i will be happy to hook up with you. I am not looking for relationship but i am desparate to have a chilld or children.. i have met many nigerians doctors, psysiotherapists and nurses here in England they appear to be lonely too, even when i invite them to the pub for drinks they don't turn up., one IGBO man a doctor from Enugu i met in Tescos i gave him my number but everytime i call him he is talking about cooking soup or making garri or working grin i even wanted to introduce him to one of my white woman colleague from work but he couldn't even be bothered to turn up, he keep saying that he will bring his former girlfriend from nigeria, even his former nigerian girlfriend seems to have moved on, i was like guy women plenty here in our island here, why would you wanna bring a girlfriend from Enugu? He is always on watsaap with his Enugu friends, i said to him mate! Forget dem people and start blending in with people over here, start making new friends even in his work, start forking your doctor friends. Problem also is, he doesn't drink alcohol, more than half of Brits goes to the PUB, Pubs are part of British culture.

He didn't even understand the terms of his 2 years work visa, when he told me he might move to london, his visa is tied to his NHS work on our island grin he cannot just leave, he even said he might move to America from here, i was like yea! Right! How are you gonna do that with your 2 years UK work visa tied to your NHS job? He complains that the hospital where he works are making him work too hard it feels like slavery. I said to him, well... that is what your visa says, "work visa" grin so work!!

He tells me he went to church to look for other nigerians, (me i am not religious, i don't believe in God) i even organised white girls for him but he is afraid to fork them saying it is a sin grin. eventually i deleted his number.

One other nigerian woman i know was so lonely one day i visited her in her room, without notice she just took her cloths off and said Kings would you like to fork me? grin grin i was like come on! She has already told her landlord and flat mates that i am her cousin, i cannot fork her now.

There are so many women or men to choose from over here, if you want to be noticed you must put yourself out and be ready for lots of relationships disappointments. No body dey look anybody face, people will not come in your room or house to make friends with you, you have to invite them to come and be ready to be invited too, smile, don't carry your problems on ya head and minds always white people have their own problem which are even more than yours

Don't look forward to christmas day grin co's christmas day is spent indoors in freezing cold winter with families eating, drinking and watching TV shops are not open, no transportation, everything is shut on christmas day.

Op, i mean it, you and I can hook up and make babies even though i have few children already. Just email me, cheesy Good luck.

Bro I don email you abeg
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2023
Urheadmaster:
The same situation over here in Germany very hard to find a friend and worst of it all, only few people speaks English which makes it harder angry
If my type enter that place, to make friends will be easy as ABCD, una no get Moral at all
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Pinkybush: 8:09am On Jul 19, 2023
Come back to Nigeria and marry me. But you must be submissive
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 19, 2023
Omoawoke:
Loneliness will kill all Nigerian girls in Canada , Uk and US

Insha allah

I remember when I first got to UK, no Nigerian girl looked at my face because I was a student. They didn’t give a shittt about me. The female friends I had weren’t Nigerians, not a single one. They were chasing guys already settled and those ones using them to play wayo

I moved to the US and same thing happened, when I finally finished school and became settled, they came like flies everywhere.

Girls should learn one thing, that single guy that you see still trying to get life settled, working hard to make progress will eventually become successful.
The guys in their 40s that you are clinging to went through same phase. Unfortunately many of them aren’t available anymore. They have been taken.
If you want to make it work, find a responsible guy that truly care about you and work together with him to make progress. Work together as a family, not every time you will meet ready made products
Una no know how to woo women, if na me at that student level, I go de knack many of them in that UK and US
E de for mouth, u no get sweet mouth Oga
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by AbleGodsolution(m): 8:12am On Jul 19, 2023
odenkirk:
she is not lying. too much loneliness in the uk, there is one girl from england that disturb me so much with video calls she is always alone in her room. i had to block her cuz i cant find time to be wasting wth her on video calls. me wey work 8-6pm
connect me with her Abeg 🤲
I get time
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2023
HacheNoire:
UK is better. Canada is worse. That country should be renamed “Boring”

You will run into depression without knowing you are depressed.
If I enter that country, to make friends will be easy as ABCD, I go de knack like say tomorrow no de, una no get sweet mouth, try get better sweet mouth.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2023
uthompson2001:
I have lived in uk and now canada, the issue is Nigerian women have made it difficult for young eligible men to approach them. The solution is being more extroverted, i am sure your routine is home-work-church and mall. This doesnt help when trying to meet new people. even if you are abit introverted, try and create activities for yourself that promote interactions with others and do not limit yourself to only nigerians. Good luck n hope this helps.
Why will you go outside the country and still be chasing Nigerian women?? omoo una de fall hand

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 19, 2023
obaidan:

Sadly they still tell average blavk guys, you are not my type....person wey no be anybody type dey brag about having a type
Na una still de chase after black women abroad,,
If I mistakenly comot dis country, nothing concern me with black women again

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by buJu234: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2023
African ladies especially if u're dark in color..

please b4 leaving ur country for the west.. try and get married or worst case a trusted guy in Africa b4 relocating.

your chances of getting married over here to a real guy is very slim.. not impossible sha

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 8:40am On Jul 19, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Highly intelligent systems are independent and isolated. It is a choice, and I do not see why she complains.

She chose loneliness in UK over social engagement in Nigeria. Some of us prefer Nigeria because it is home instead of being disconnected, isolated and lonely in some ready-made countries.

Agreed. If Nigeria becomes as developed as South Korea, the country will lose some of its social engagement. Lagos is an example.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 8:49am On Jul 19, 2023
cococandy:
They don’t wanna talk about it.

The pipeline from being the preference of a black man to baby mama is a straight line.
Or at least here in America. Yet they don’t see how they are the common denominator

In your opinion and observations, why is that so? I don't fancy a baby mama situation. I rather remain single. Having children in a two-parent household remains the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by HacheNoire: 8:51am On Jul 19, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

If I enter that country, to make friends will be easy as ABCD, I go de knack like say tomorrow no de, una no get sweet mouth, try get better sweet mouth.

Travel and see. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2023
Raalsalghul:

It's not being responsible or ambitious that will settle the bills or give them soft life Oga Gerr.ard59. grin

Then, what do they want?

I have seen the benefits of playing the long game and delayed gratification. So, why not do the same as first generation immigrants? Na one of the reasons I no dey interested in marriage. Soft life when the foundation is not balanced does not make sense.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by obrian888: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2023
My sister is a nurse, she relocated to the UK 2 years ago, she is a very wonderful person to make friends with just hook up with me and i will give you her control. she will be glad to have you as a friend since you are in the same profession, i look forward to hearing from you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Gerrard59(m): 8:56am On Jul 19, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

Na una still de chase after black women abroad,,
If I mistakenly comot dis country, nothing concern me with black women again

I have read your posts. Your type no dey stay long before we read your news for Instablog for sexual abuse or harassment. E no dey tey. Yen yen yen I can't be with a black woman. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by Osanoghodua1: 9:09am On Jul 19, 2023
Start praying for 5yrs daily, loneliness will disappear..Get involved in humanitarian works help people, have a foundation, have a community you do support. Join a church and a social fellowship like Rotaract.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Shares Her Battle With Loneliness In The UK by cococandy(f): 9:24am On Jul 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

In your opinion and observations, why is that so? I don't fancy a baby mama situation. I rather remain single. Having children in a two-parent household remains the best.

I’m with you on that as well. I think a healthy family with two loving parents is best. The only time I think one parent household would be better is if the two parent one is fundamentally and unfixably broken.

Why is the that so?

There are so many social determinants stacked against the black community in America. The reason I blame the men is that instead of understanding that they are in it together with their women, they hate the women for things that are entirely not their fault and think going to white women will solve the issue. Then of course it doesn’t. So they bounce and circle the block. Only to do it again. all over again. They often don’t take the opportunity for self reflection and re-strategizing.

This is not say BW are blameless but statistically when things go sideways, they are the ones who often stay to “hold down” the forte. BM don’t give them the same grace when things go sideways

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ladies! How Many Of You Do This??(picture) / Lawyer Shares Before And After Photos Of Herself / Bridal Squad Puts Backsides On Display, As Groomsman Checks Them Out (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.