Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me (29411 Views)

My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by yeldey: 1:56am On Jul 26, 2023
The family might want to use you get there daughter to travel abroad, study them very well, and be sure your wife love you.

You can start the processing of travelling out before your marriage.

Once it click get married and leave but try everything to somehow cut your wife from the parent but take good care of the parent.

Baba you dey intelligent, same thing I thought.

The fiancee might be part of the game sef lol.

Ditch them regardless of how much you have spent, I bet they will come back begging you.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

For the fact you even helped her siblings to secure jobs in ur organization shows the family is even a struggling one. Them wan you use you balance themselves.

I just don't know why guys of this generation are not even smart sef.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by yeldey: 2:00am On Jul 26, 2023
Kobicove:

He's most likely a sales rep

Sales Rep no need understand English, just dey rugged on the field to meet up with the digits.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by yeldey: 2:09am On Jul 26, 2023
RomanGreen:

🤣🤣🤣 No mind the guy, them no dey advise this kind person. Na waste of time to advise someone like him. He can only learn the hard way, make una no worry jare.

Parents that see their daughter as a cash cow is where you are putting head. The girl doesn't touch her salary bla bla bla is already a huge flag. What then does she do for herself, why do these men keep disgracing us like this. The OP is a complete weak man

A completely weak man, infact the story is very irritating.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Kobicove(m): 2:39am On Jul 26, 2023
jacobnel:
Even if naa messenger, nothing concern you. The most important thing he is putting food on his table.Amebo

Busybody what's your business with my comment?

I was not responding to you!

...and before you assume that my initial comment was made out of envy, for your info I was previously a C-suite officer in a multinational that's why I could correctly guess OP's position in the company.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by harmony75: 3:11am On Jul 26, 2023
This does not make sense this family are just foolish they're selfish who says both of you cannot still travel if the lady loves herself and loves you as you said her family cannot come up with such stupid decisions??!! If the lady cannot put her feet down and stop her family from embarrassing themselves then you need to look elsewhere!!! This family demands does not make sense @all is abroad running away?!
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Jannyfranc: 3:40am On Jul 26, 2023
Be sure your inlaw is not using you to send their daughter abroad,once she is there,her story will change.If your girl is on the same page with you ,get her pregnant ,then do court wedding with her,after that,is the mother that will beg you to come and marry her.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by coolcare(m): 4:02am On Jul 26, 2023
This idea of traveling first before marriage is not the issue. The issue is are you both going together. If yes no issues, if no that's a red flag.

Just do what you can with open mind. Don't force anything. If the girls truly love you she will fight for your love and if she doesn't love you she wylet thing slide.

You need to understand your girl as well on how she give credence to money
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by abodiyo(m): 4:07am On Jul 26, 2023
You are playing with fire. Your wife is not a woman but a girl, she is under manipulation.
No pastor, imam , village head, parent interfare with my decision
What you are hiding from your parents the will console you when your in laws mess your life up
I sent you a private message, reply pls
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by oshorstan(f): 5:39am On Jul 26, 2023
I pity for you.
You want to enter into a family where you will be manipulated by your MIL. I hate it when Women rule a family, I won't tolerate it. Please don't be in a haste to marry her, don't be in a haste to travel. I feel the Mother is selfish, and will likely want to use u. I see u as a good Man, but don't be nice to any of them. If your Wife brother goof , knack am query. If your wife to be dances to their song, end the relationship. Lastly, DONT BEG YOUR GIRLFRIEND MAMA..DONT TRY IT!!!

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Starz825(m): 6:03am On Jul 26, 2023
Gloriagee:
Which multinational company employed you with all your gbaguns? Sha, e no concern me but for this relationship, I will advise you not to rush things. I will also not advise you to marry someone whose family thinks she can do better than you.

...your rhetorical question up there is needless tho...

the only mistake I could observe was where he used there instead of their....

communication is the most important and he did just that!!

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Starz825(m): 6:06am On Jul 26, 2023
Reinamaria:
No matter what they do, or how they might try to frustrate you, do not leave her.
As long as she loves you, and is willing to fight for you.
It's not them you're marrying, it's your lady.

It is not easy to come by someone you're so compatible with these days.
Someone that understands you as much as you understand her.
It's like you were made for each other.
I believe you will be happy married to her.

What about her father?

that's the deal ....you said it all...

not easy to come by someone you're so compatible with these days!!

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by mrblessed(m): 6:18am On Jul 26, 2023
The concept of a humble lion lives only in the imagination of the unwise. If they succeed in controlling you today, they will control you forever.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by ibinaboonline: 6:30am On Jul 26, 2023
How can she not love you when doing house chores have become a thing of the past since she met you? You've made it very clear to her parents that you are a simp. They obviously don't want you to marry their daughter, so, do whatever you decide with your eyes wide open.
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by ibinaboonline: 6:36am On Jul 26, 2023

Seconded
Reinamaria:
No matter what they do, or how they might try to frustrate you, do not leave her.
As long as she loves you, and is willing to fight for you.
It's not them you're marrying, it's your lady.

It's like you were made for each other.
I believe you will be happy married to her.

What about her father?

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by pongwa(m): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2023
sammirano:
A bad wife is better than a bad inlaw
"iyawo buruku se ni amo ana buruku o se ni"
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Taiwo20(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2023
This guy is gone. Foundation really matters. Tread carefully
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 26, 2023
DonroxyII:
Step Aside Let them solve their Family Problems Themselves ... It None of Your Businesses at this Stage ... If They are Bent ... reverse psychology them all So as for them to Behave ...

Tell Your Fiancee to go solve her problem while You Only Act Advisory Role Only ..... Tell Her to Respect Her Parents wishes ... she will go home & break down Psychologically ... Na dem go dey beg you to come & Carry Ya wife ..

You no sabi how Brain work... you will simply use their daughter to wreck Havoc on that family, Na dem go dey beg You ... dem dey Craze ni ...

The Quality of a Man is to Know When to Accelerate & When To Break....Maajaa-Maasaa Laa Ma Akinkaju(Diplomacy is What Defines a Smart Hardworking Man):

Forget about the Money You Spent ...

A Boy Gets Emotional Over Money Spent On a Woman.....

A Bigboy Laments & Nags Over Monies Spent On a Woman .....

A Man Just Dust it Off as Cost of Investments Which is 50-50 Returns .... There is no little or big to spend on Love ... Just don't spend what you don't have !

Marriage is between a Man & a Woman ...

Your Fiancee is not yet a Woman, she is just a Big Girl Under the Claws of Her Parents......

You need to also Mentally Develop Your Manhood by Telling Your in-laws You are In Support of What They Want for their Daughter Because You Can't Forcefully Steal their Daughter from under their Nose ... she ain't your wife yet ...grin ... .... While You keep side options ... No Man put all eggs in One Baskets ...just watch their silliness from Afar ... grin

Bro, Comot Yasef from other People Family Issues ... when they Sort Finish, They Can Call You if not ... Move Onto Option B.

Life is Business, No need for too Much emotions.... the Street noh too Dey Smile ... your Doubt can easily be cleared by anyone grin

Laslas, Pray to Almighty God for Solutions, You Shall be Manifested Upon Based On Your Maturities & Politics Skills !

Na simple things na !
You are a man full of wisdom and you sabi write too.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by henrimoto(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2023
DonroxyII:
Step Aside Let them solve their Family Problems Themselves ... It None of Your Businesses at this Stage ... If They are Bent ... reverse psychology them all So as for them to Behave ...

Tell Your Fiancee to go solve her problem while You Only Act Advisory Role Only ..... Tell Her to Respect Her Parents wishes ... she will go home & break down Psychologically ... Na dem go dey beg you to come & Carry Ya wife ..

You no sabi how Brain work... you will simply use their daughter to wreck Havoc on that family, Na dem go dey beg You ... dem dey Craze ni ...

The Quality of a Man is to Know When to Accelerate & When To Break....Maajaa-Maasaa Laa Ma Akinkaju(Diplomacy is What Defines a Smart Hardworking Man):

Forget about the Money You Spent ...

A Boy Gets Emotional Over Money Spent On a Woman.....

A Bigboy Laments & Nags Over Monies Spent On a Woman .....

A Man Just Dust it Off as Cost of Investments Which is 50-50 Returns .... There is no little or big to spend on Love ... Just don't spend what you don't have !

Marriage is between a Man & a Woman ...

Your Fiancee is not yet a Woman, she is just a Big Girl Under the Claws of Her Parents......

You need to also Mentally Develop Your Manhood by Telling Your in-laws You are In Support of What They Want for their Daughter Because You Can't Forcefully Steal their Daughter from under their Nose ... she ain't your wife yet ...grin ... .... While You keep side options ... No Man put all eggs in One Baskets ...just watch their silliness from Afar ... grin

Bro, Comot Yasef from other People Family Issues ... when they Sort Finish, They Can Call You if not ... Move Onto Option B.

Life is Business, No need for too Much emotions.... the Street noh too Dey Smile ... your Doubt can easily be cleared by anyone grin

Laslas, Pray to Almighty God for Solutions, You Shall be Manifested Upon Based On Your Maturities & Politics Skills !

Na simple things na !
@humblelion 1987. Go throw this comment 10x.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by litaninja(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2023
Dem go use your head wella. You Neva jam.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by geezyk(m): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2023
You can have a bad wife, but bad in-laws are the worst. They've started showing their true colors even before marriage and you still want to proceed with it. I just dey pity you.

Better leave that woman and find another woman with a better family background. Na my 2cents I borrow you so oo.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by lucky4west: 11:01am On Jul 26, 2023
they want you to sponsor their girl abroad and they wont allow her marry you, you are a mugu take it or leave it...the girl is waiting for you to do just that...they see her as their major investment in life, better count your losses and leave...seek for direction from God she may not even be the woman meant for you....take the hard decision now and rest or keep having issues with your by force in-laws all the days of your marriage
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DonroxyII: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
You are a man full of wisdom and you sabi write too.
Lol, Lumi Wife ... Na God ooo grin

Good Morning to You cheesy
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 26, 2023
DonroxyII:
Lol, Lumi Wife ... Na God ooo grin

Good Morning to You cheesy
I reject it, will never be involved with such a wicked soul, you really don't know that boy. You sef na everybody you Dy carry me give 😂
Good morning the only don of Nairaland
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Truth234(m): 11:08am On Jul 26, 2023
Kobicove:

He's most likely a sales rep

A sales rep that is in charge of company's project? Bros believe it or not, somethings are GRACE!
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Whois(m): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2023
Why are you in a hurry for wedding that can be done in 30mins. On a more serious note you're not getting married only to her but her family too and it seems they feel she can do better hence their condition undecided

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeanJIkI2ooFUEq0iSrOGjU4NbnhSkwF4bJdemG3QCDMYH8pA/viewform?pli=1

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DonroxyII: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
I reject it, will never be involved with such a wicked soul, you really don't know that boy. You sef na everybody you Dy carry me give 😂
Good morning the only don of Nairaland
Is this Iyaebe ?
No No No, Panso is what I want for You grin ..

grin
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 26, 2023
DonroxyII:
Is this Iyaebe ?
No No No, Panso is what I want for You grin ..

grin
😂 that one pass my power, he deserves a very wild and experienced lady, I no sabi anything.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2023
DenreleDave:

What a family!!!!!!

You sef don do too much for someone you are yet to marry. The parents feel they will still be Okay because you have invested so much in thier daughter and they have nothing to lose. If you dont make a fast move, the lady will leave you.

ladies cant go against parent for a long time like a man, all it takes for her is to see another man probably from her state that will what you are doing for her and she will forget you.

Involve your parents. Let adult to adult discuss

Spot on,,, you get it right, she'll never argue with her parents for long.... that's what she will do if eventually she see someone from her state.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by OvertheTop(m): 11:34am On Jul 26, 2023
Kobicove:
The girl's family probably see her as their ticket out of poverty if she's able to relocate abroad with her nursing qualification.

This dream will be cut short if you marry her and keep her here in Nigeria, this is the reason why they are resisting...

My advise is that you slow things down or abandon mission all together!

Must He be the Person that will Sponsor her Abroad?
He is carrying a load too much to Bear.

....Premium Tears Loading
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DemonSlayer: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

Correct super story!

If not, then it's just surprising to me how dumb people get to be successful. This life no balance sha.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Hushpuppies(m): 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2023
Let me tell you what my marriage instructor told me years back. He said and I qoute.

"when you want to marry and your inlaws are looking for their selfish interest......... You also should look for your own selfish interest".

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by iInjureHerYansh: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2023
Hope it's not your money that will be used to sponsor her abroad sha. If it is then I'd advise you clap for yourself 👏

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos / Couple Celebrate 82 Years Of Marriage / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.