Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me (29371 Views)

My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Sirchiboy: 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?
Sorry bro.
You need to pray over it
Please is there vacancy in your company?
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by tboydbrave(m): 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Baba no vex but u need to leave her soonest. They want to use u. That they want her to travel before marriage is a big red flag. Don't allow emotions override your logic here boss. They don't want you too together. They know once she travels her mindset go change.
N if you go ahead to marry her,dem go frustrate the two of u. Beyond imagination. It's hard yes. But u need to cover your heart n use your head. She loves u na for mouth oo. Never trust women fully. They change like the weather.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by GboyegaD(m): 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
The major support you need is your fiancee's. Once she aligns with you, her parents will align. Will advice more later in the day.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by sterlingD(m): 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
To the OP suspend everything wait, watch and observe in between put all the factors on a scale weigh everything thoroughly(Think with your head thoroughly) before you make and take any decision.The issue is dicey as it is

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by kennyjam: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
It's well...
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Error401: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Stop the marriage plans. You are being used to achieve her dreams else the parents are wealthy enough to sponsor her trip. Can you anwser honestly? Can her family fund her traveling expenses?
Humblelion1987:

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Goodman2023: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
henrimoto:
Humblelion, Stand by your fiancee to fight through this phase. The mother is the problem here.

Don't appear to be eager about the wedding before the mother and the family. Tell the mother you have heard her, call off every preparation for the wedding for now but let your fiancee know what your game plan is.

Calm down, na man you be. Just act like you are not interested in the marriage again, make your fiancee dey play her own part by troubling her mother/family.

Humblelion! Humblelion!! Make you no go beg your fiancee mother o. No go beg am o.

The mother is the problem in public...and they are together in private...whose desire it is to travel abroad ? The mother or the girl ? ...they play

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
Red Flag. And let me lend you one of yoruba idiom which say to marry uncultured wife is better than get evil in-law. A word is enough for the wise.
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by malvisguy212: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

don't agree. marry her here before abroad things later.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Gboom: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Mr. Man work on yourself very well or don't make mistake of sponsoring that your supposed fiancé abroad even if she becomes your wife.
The way I'm looking at it, it seems that girl is like the hope of her parents financially, if you marry her by force be ready to carry the burden of her parents or else you will have a lot of headaches in that your potential marriage because her mother will manipulate her against very well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Saintinoo(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
[quote author=Humblelion1987 post=124646296]Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight? [/quote
]

Had I not gone through this phase, I would have just read and pass. Op, if this story is true , then I put it to you that you suppose sweet woman and her family are trying to manipulate you.

Listen, If you find yourself over loving a girl and thinking of marriage in a short while, she is not worth it. I have been there before.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by adexpa(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Take some steps backward and relax about the whole thing, reduce your fantasies about the same birth day and liking the same food. Relax and look at the whole scenario before you deep yourself into a pit you will never get out of. It looks like you're been driven by emotion, and that might be dangerous for you. The wife family will frustrate your marriage through your wife with unnecessary demand even if you're able to bribe your way into marrying her. Relax and reset the whole thing, stop pressing for marriage. You will find another good woman the way you met her too. The current person will always be better until you meet another person. Allow yourself to see beyond your immediate environment. You can always start again and move faster with another person if situation call for it. Relax

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by vicshub(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Honestly bro. I got married in may this year and I can tell you for sure that you are not only getting married the girl, but also her family. If they don't want you now, just jump the gun for the sake of your children. If not, you will live your life to satisfy them only. That's not a life you can sustain. If she is also not ready to make sure you both get married legally before she travels abroad, then you are just a means to an end. Pray and be wise.

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nwanna2588: 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
One thing I never accept is third-party interference. If as a man I cannot dictate what goes on, we end it there.
Stop being sequacious and tell them how you want to run your family. Already, you have accepted the culinary works in the other room. This goes a long way to tell how lax you are.
If you cannot do it nobody will do it for you

6 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by almarthins(m): 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ajione:

The family might want to use you get there daughter to travel abroad, study them very well, and be sure your wife love you.

You can start the processing of travelling out before your marriage.

Once it click get married and leave but try everything to somehow cut your wife from the parent but take good care of the parent.

Make him no try am at all.
If that girl get visa while they are not married, this guy go lose out because the same mama go dey manipulate her to go up higher in the game.

Guy no process any visa, just sit down dey look. No fight anybody, no talk again. Dem go soon get sense.

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by EmmyMaestro(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2023
Even if she travels abroad, they will still come up with another excuse to give you. if they don't want you to marry their daughter, let them just tell instead of subjecting you to the twelve labours of Hercules because even if you eventually marry their daughter, they will still be faustrating you.

In the words of false prophet, " this I have seen "

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Tobijays: 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

apart from her you can’t meet a lovely person that will tick your boxes ? When no be say you get diseases for body! Alaye remove her siblings from that job and stop taking care of anyone until you are married! Trust me better girls dy that will give you no issues but y’all prefer trouble. Remove yourself from that tangle because it will never end well

5 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by ednut1(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2023
All these stories from new accounts. You sure say no be one paid writer dey do all this lol

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Sirchiboy: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
Emm22:

All u need is believe in urself.
I have done that.
Nothing is working
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by sexy74(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

If dem dey give you wahala let her be you will not understand untill you marry her and see the worse of it.
They cannot give you a condition to Marty their daughter na who dem be?
If they cannot fulfil their daughters condition themselves they should not force it on you.

3 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by BigCowHornn: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
Gloriagee:
Which multinational company employed you with all your gbaguns? Sha, e no concern me but for this relationship, I will advise you not to rush things. I will also not advise you to marry someone whose family thinks she can do better than you.

grin grin grin grin

Them plenty for Nairaland wey no sabi talk a single straight sentence of English but have big jobs in Nigeria, the UK, Canada and SA

GodSaklek:

I can type d way i want,the fact that u can undastand wat i writes,english is nothng to me,atleast english people cant write or speak my language,its only in nigeria u wil see a slave like u wanted to kil themsef cuz of ordinary english,travel outside of that ur shithole to hav more xposure,SA dnt giv a fuk abt english,a country where all their languages are official,i value my culture & language over foreign

Just look at this one deceiving himself and Nairalanders since 2012. Na Canada and SA him dey oooo

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by almarthins(m): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
DenreleDave:

What a family!!!!!!

You sef don do too much for someone you are yet to marry. The parents feel they will still be Okay because you have invested so much in thier daughter and they have nothing to lose. If you dont make a fast move, the lady will leave you.

ladies cant go against parent for a long time like a man, all it takes for her is to see another man probably from her state that will what you are doing for her and she will forget you.

Involve your parents. Let adult to adult discuss

The truth be told, the girls parent don't like this man. But they don't know how to say it.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by ojojonkembu: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
If u allow them control u at this early stage of ur relationship because u love their daughter Is ARE DONE FOR! If she truly love u as u claim,u guys we move ahead with ur plan not minding her parents.be careful the impression u create now we go a long way in ur marriage,stand on ur grounds do not let them control u

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by kwasoly(m): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

There is what we call integrity test in the banking system, I will strongly advise you to test ur so called lover to actually know if she loves you or the money.
Mind you all these can still be a game plan to use you achieve their goal.
Test her loyalty before investing again on her.

2 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by correctguy101(m): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
SVPROJECT:
If the Lady Truly Loves You and Want That Union? She will bend her family to see reasons why they shouldn’t put a CONDITION to your union.

Bless you my brother..

It's that simple.

I won't be surprised they expect him to fund this travel nonsense. And even if they're the one funding it, this ancestor will still say NO. I mean what man takes such nonsense... angry

Unless you want to look for another man for your daughter, I won't tolerate people putting conditions on my relationship. angry
Me wey my soul detests unnecessary wahala...

Truth is as you said, it's the duty of the young woman to tell her people to back off, especially with such unreasonable demands. If they continue to tolerate such interference, I see the union suffering.

Meanwhile, I still prefer remaining a single Dad... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Creamcrest(m): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
I'm the reason the family is behaving that way op.

I want the girl to join me in UK.

Leave her alone,mind your business idiot.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by YoungLionken(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
You worry too much. Impregnate her and relax. Her family would be displaced to a tight corner...

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Kog45(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Oga anything happens in marriage but most difficult one is financial challenges,with what you put up herein I don’t think you will find it easy if anything happens to you financially regarding your wife’s family.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by GOSPELTRUTH31: 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Hello there, so sorry for this experience.
Your complaint is being handled and response will be provided once treated.
Please bear with us.

^Chudy
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Swissli(f): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

You Are Getting Married To Her, Not Them, Do Everything Possible To Carry Home Your Wife Joor

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by RomanGreen: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
Think9ja:
This guy you be real mumu

Since we met, I've done this and that, she doesn't touch her salary, I have bought form for CBT bla bla bla.

All I see is the lamentations of a very weak man. But continue. Shey na the toto de sweet you? E go soon clear for your eyes.

De play, just de play

🤣🤣🤣 No mind the guy, them no dey advise this kind person. Na waste of time to advise someone like him. He can only learn the hard way, make una no worry jare.

Parents that see their daughter as a cash cow is where you are putting head. The girl doesn't touch her salary bla bla bla is already a huge flag. What then does she do for herself, why do these men keep disgracing us like this. The OP is a complete weak man

5 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by nkemjacob2(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
In all of these what is the stand of ur fiancee?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Husband Called Me A Vagabond / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.