Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me (29464 Views)

My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by themanderon: 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

Mother's like your fiances mother can eventually be your worse nightmare when you eventually marry. Thread carefully and try to find out the relationship between the mother and your fiancée and that between her mother and her father. It will go a long way in helping your decision.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by AfonjaPriest: 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?
Finish the fight like a man that you ought to be. If you allowed her to travel abroad before marrying her, then forget the fight; you are finished.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by pearllance: 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
Guy,
I feel you've already gone too far in a way u shouldn't have In taking complete responsibility of her finances.
Pause now, pretend she's not too important anymore.
Reduce interaction with her parents and continue working on your own plans to travel without including her.
Dem go beg you
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by charlizonto: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2023
madridsta007:

First go and enrol for IELTS and work on your English language and spelling. It is terrible, That is probably the reason why her family is fighting you.

Who English epp for this bala Blu infested country?
Abeg gi he only asked for advice on a delicate matter not correction of misspelled words or phrases and even if u are going to act like an English professor u should also have the decency of using polite words to drive home your point...
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Rhisky(m): 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2023
Sticky situation.

Well, many more things like these are what is likely waiting for you at the other side after getting married to her. Since you both love yourselves and are ready to support and stand by each other, be patient bro don’t rush. Stall the traditional and see how things will just play to your favour. Don’t act desperate for anything, what’s yours is yours. If the parents can make her lose you then it’s for the best bro.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Rhisky(m): 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
charlizonto:

Who English epp for this bala Blu infested country?
Abeg gi he only asked for advice on a delicate matter not correction of misspelled words or phrases and even if u are going to act like an English professor u should also have the decency of using polite words to drive home your point...
you dey mind the monkey?
Coz e buy 2g 500 from mtn.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by BeigJawnson(m): 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

TELL THEM SHE WILL TRAVEL. AND DO AS IF THE WEDDING IS NOT OF YOUR INTEREST. AND PLEASE DONT LET HER TRAVEL. YOU BOTH SHOULD DO THE TRAVELING
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DonroxyII: 8:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Step Aside Let them solve their Family Problems Themselves ... It None of Your Businesses at this Stage ... If They are Bent ... reverse psychology them all So as for them to Behave ...

Tell Your Fiancee to go solve her problem while You Only Act Advisory Role Only ..... Tell Her to Respect Her Parents wishes ... she will go home & break down Psychologically ... Na dem go dey beg you to come & Carry Ya wife ..

You no sabi how Brain work... you will simply use their daughter to wreck Havoc on that family, Na dem go dey beg You ... dem dey Craze ni ...

The Quality of a Man is to Know When to Accelerate & When To Break....Maajaa-Maasaa Laa Ma Akinkaju(Diplomacy is What Defines a Smart Hardworking Man):

Forget about the Money You Spent ...

A Boy Gets Emotional Over Money Spent On a Woman.....

A Bigboy Laments & Nags Over Monies Spent On a Woman .....

A Man Just Dust it Off as Cost of Investments Which is 50-50 Returns .... There is no little or big to spend on Love ... Just don't spend what you don't have !

Marriage is between a Man & a Woman ...

Your Fiancee is not yet a Woman, she is just a Big Girl Under the Claws of Her Parents......

You need to also Mentally Develop Your Manhood by Telling Your in-laws You are In Support of What They Want for their Daughter Because You Can't Forcefully Steal their Daughter from under their Nose ... she ain't your wife yet ...grin ... .... While You keep side options ... No Man put all eggs in One Baskets ...just watch their silliness from Afar ... grin

Bro, Comot Yasef from other People Family Issues ... when they Sort Finish, They Can Call You if not ... Move Onto Option B.

Life is Business, No need for too Much emotions.... the Street noh too Dey Smile ... your Doubt can easily be cleared by anyone grin

Laslas, Pray to Almighty God for Solutions, You Shall be Manifested Upon Based On Your Maturities & Politics Skills !

Na simple things na !

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by MySolace: 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2023
madridsta007:

First go and enrol for IELTS and work on your English language and spelling. It is terrible, That is probably the reason why her family is fighting you.
Sorry I think otherwise. His English ain't poor as u make it seem.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DonroxyII: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
Goodman2023:

Stupid boy...you want to marry but cannot man up and take decisions like a man...are your parents alive ? If yes, and they allow you to be mumu like this ?
Make Una Noh too Dey insult person ...

We were all brought up differently Meanwhile Necessity is the Mother of Inventions....

That's why he came online to learn the Manly Way cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DonroxyII: 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2023
YoungLionken:
You worry too much. Impregnate her and relax. Her family would be displaced to a tight corner...
No need to Shortcut Ya way to some Endeavours...

Just Pray & if e no plum e no plum be that Option 2 ... if e plum Good start Management Immediately make e no fail !
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by frozen70(f): 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

The problem here is your fiance and not your inlaw to be

She is the one to practically fight for this marriage if she actually wasn't the marriage to hold

So as it is now
I think you need to give her a break to sort herself out with her family

In that break, just move on, but still communicate with her if need be

Her parents wanted her to go abroad that was one of her reasons going in for nursing

So for her getting married here in Nigeria means that there plan's won't work

As an only son, you don't need marriage by conditions

If she really loves you, she will come back to you and her family will invite you for the marriage rights

If she doesn't love you, she will go like a wind
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by komzy589(m): 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2023
Think9ja:
This guy you be real mumu

Since we met, I've done this and that, she doesn't touch her salary, I have bought form for CBT bla bla bla.

All I see is the lamentations of a very weak man. But continue. Shey na the toto de sweet you? E go soon clear for your eyes.

De play, just de play
Real big MUMU!
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by AntySugar(f): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
Before you'll post from a burner account(aka hide my identity), gather the remainder of your ego and run.

If it is this chaotic at this stage, what makes you feel it will stop?

Take her abroad and then marry her, the mother will come up with another problem.

How long do you think you can keep up?

You're too young for this level of stress. Avoid what you can avoid.

See, marriage is a very long journey to start out with too many unnecessary headaches.

Trust me, you don't want to marry a woman the family is struggling to accept you.

This is not a case of "he is not comfortable". From your write-up, you're very comfortable for a soon-to-be 33yr.

Use that money you want to use and register your girlfriend for her abroad exams and buy yourself sense.

1 Like

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by komzy589(m): 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
madridsta007:

I thought so too.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by AbuAeesha: 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
madridsta007:

U no get joy!
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by jewelluv(m): 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
Gloriagee:
Which multinational company employed you with all your gbaguns? Sha, e no concern me but for this relationship, I will advise you not to rush things. I will also not advise you to marry someone whose family thinks she can do better than you.

Please leave the lady. They have started exerting control when you are yet to marry their Daughter.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by jewelluv(m): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Leave her otherwise these inlaws won't let you enjoy your marriage
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Pinkyposh(f): 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
Stevenbright:

Maybe he said that in subsequent posts. My comment is on the main post. And on that post, no mention of the fact that she already passed the exam but that he registered it for her three times in the space of 6 months.

Ok it's fine
What I think is that maybe her mum wants her to travel and make some money and send home, so she can enjoy her daughter's money before talking about marriage
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Freemasonry: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
Some people will see a thread that they clearly lack the aptitude or maturity to contribute to, instead of sitting out the conversation, they'll jump in with their bad energy and cynicism.

If you don't have anything meaningful to say to OP, please, let the guy breet!

Op, talk to your woman and calmly make her understand that her folks are frustrating you.

Make it clear that you love her very much but cannot marry her without her family's blessing. Then let her know that you can only do so much, and no more.

Let her tackle their obstinacy. I'm sure by the time she gives them some serious heat , they'll remove all the silly stumbling blocks.

Like someone also said, you can involve your parents as a last resort.

If they don't budge, move on.

Perhaps, it's for the best.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by bugatti02(m): 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
I’ll give you a honest advice… move on for your own sake, you maybe deeply in love right now and don’t see the outright rejection as a problem. Marriage is a life time commitment. You will regret trying to force yourself on a family that doesn’t see your relevance.

I repeat move on. It looks difficult to make that decision right now, but just know you’ll never be welcomed in that home. Never force anything to happen..
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by oloshun(m): 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
Brother, first, I do not want you to think you are young. We thank God that you have achieved what seem to be hard target-comfortable zone. Because it is not common for people to achice that with the current situation in the country, people will automatically see you as a mean ticket. This is the best time to reorganize, recognize, and know what you really want for your life.

This is not time for drama in your life. I am not saying living is bad, and to love is not a bad thing either; but it is not everything we love that is good for our progress, stability and contuity.if her family wants her to travel before marriage, let them send her, she is not your wife yet, thus, you are not obliged. If you take their condition now, just know that you are going to have a transaction wife, and your home is transaction because they will always use your wife as a bait.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by galantjoe(m): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2023
Leave their daughter for them. There are many fish in oceans. Dump her. Remember any disappointment is a blessing in disguise
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Chassy03: 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2023
grin
madridsta007:

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DrDunamis(m): 11:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

It's funny sha... have you really spoken to the lady in question... no matter how protective parents can get, not to this extent you're describing ooh...
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by laluski(m): 12:12am On Jul 26, 2023
Humblelion1987:

Get her pregnant, buy a bottle of Desperadoes, cross your legs and watch events unfold in your favour
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DMCY: 12:49am On Jul 26, 2023
Humblelion1987:
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything m

All I will say is there’s this yoruba adage that says @aya búrúkù Shey nì, ána búrúkù nío Shey nì, which simply means “you can have a bad wife but not bad in laws “ and I’m pretty sure e get why dem talk am.

I rest my case
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by hotspec(m): 1:00am On Jul 26, 2023
Run
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by greggng: 1:28am On Jul 26, 2023
Humblelion1987:

The main reason why they ask her to become a nurse is cos that family has the intention of sending her abroad to work and earn big money abroad. They see you as a distraction to that arrangement .

Tell the family that you will marry her and fulfil there intention for her . Ask them to kick start the process and you will support the idea . However let them know you can't abandon your job to be there with her but you can always shuttle both countries.

If they don't agree pls free her and get yourself another woman ...the only challenge I see now is that you are not ready to relocate abroad given the fact that you are gainfully employed here .
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by yeldey: 1:54am On Jul 26, 2023
Ajione:

The family might want to use you get there daughter to travel abroad, study them very well, and be sure your wife love you.

You can start the processing of travelling out before your marriage.

Once it click get married and leave but try everything to somehow cut your wife from the parent but take good care of the parent.

Baba you dey intelligent, same thing I thought.

The fiancee might be part of the game sef lol.

Ditch them regardless of how much you have spent, I bet they will come back begging you.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

For the fact you even helped her siblings to secure jobs in ur organization shows the family is even a struggling one. Them wan you use you balance themselves.

I just don't know why guys of this generation are not even smart.

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by yeldey: 1:54am On Jul 26, 2023
Ajione:

The family might want to use you get there daughter to travel abroad, study them very well, and be sure your wife love you.

Once it click get married and leave but try everything to somehow cut your wife from the parent but take good care of the parent.

Ajione:

Ditch them regardless of how much you have spent, I bet they will come back begging you.

For the fact you even helped her siblings to secure jobs in ur organization shows the family is even a struggling one. Them wan you use you balance themselves.

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by yeldey: 1:55am On Jul 26, 2023
Ajione:

Ajione:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Names His Newborn Son 'Buhari' In Jos In Honour Of The President (Photo) / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? / Confronting The Mistress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.