Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me (29459 Views)

My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Emmanuel30a: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?
Mumu! Sepe iwo naa laiki/feran omu...,ati idi...? Ebaun ja idi re..., enje un wo omu re/oyan re...? Se oma funmi ni ounje je...? Se ofe funmi ni ounje je...? Oti fe funmi ni ounje je o...! Iru ounje wo lofe funmi je...? Ounje ijekuje ni o...!.. Ounje awon aje ni o...!... Abolohunje je, maje ki olohunje ri nkankan je... Abolohunje je...maje ki olohunje ri ounje je... Eye jenu wujewuje...,eyin alajebanu...ati eyin alatenuje... Mowiire abi nko wii re...? Konilo/kose pataki/ko pondandan, atibeebeeloo; funyin lati sofunmi wipe, mowiire abi nko wii re...
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by achimendy(m): 8:42am On Jul 27, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

It's simple, just get her pregnant.

Then the parents will discuss the marriage at your own terms.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
jesmond3945:

If she has not thrown in the towel, please keep on fighting. Only stop the fight and move on, if she has thrown in the towel.
However, I dont like how you are running the relationship. Marriage is different. When kids come in there would be more pressure on you. Remember if your wife is not asking of lets say 60k when kids start coming she would start aaking you of that. Summary you are spoiling your woman and in marriage you would not like it.
Please, allow your woman take some responsibility, both house chores and expenses as well.
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by bisqit: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
30naira:

Carry your fiancee to registry and do court wedding. Carry your pastor and her pastor and few witnesses. When that is done, apologise to her family. Everybody go calm down. Then arrange your abroad wake. When you reach abroad, nobody go vez again
hi, help. I got this job offer. Mon to saturday, 9 to 6pm. Is it ok?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Names His Newborn Son 'Buhari' In Jos In Honour Of The President (Photo) / Confronting The Mistress / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.