Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages (34662 Views)

With The Rate Of Infidelity, Is 'magun' A Good Option? / Evidences Of What Men Go Through In Marriages... Very Painful. / A Nairalander Life Is In Danger, Infidelity Is About To Ruin My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by vickydevoka(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emperormartin:
You're right. That no 2 is spot on.

My married friend introduced me to a WhatsApp group of married people between the ages of 35-45...

Their only business in that Whatsapp group is talk about sex, sex and sex and how to hook up and have sex among one another. These are married women and men with kids.

I'm not married but I have to remove myself from the group because it's kinda painting me bad image of marriage institution.

The last straw why I left the group is when they were organizing orgies in one Hotel in our area. The orgies will start from Friday evening and throughout the weekend... I was man matched with some married women in their early 40's... I ran!!!

I've to delete myself from that group. I'm not a saint either but this kind of sin is beyond me
So, how did the married people connect themselves. I no believe this thing

1 Like

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by maasoap(m): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2023
Crafteck1:
A social media

B improved communication devices

C culture clash.. Western indoctrination... Feminism.. Etc

D its not increasing... Its only getting more reported and easier to track.

It is increasing, thanks to internet and social media that brings people together. The number one culprit is social media

1 Like

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by GorgeousAF(f): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
Burgerlomo:

It's in some of the ladies/women DNA period

Balance it ;Din both....no excuse for cheating though but one might just be pushed to d extreme and if caution ain't applied,d person might just be overwhelmed...ok so a former neighbor complained some days back on her random hubby,it was terrible. They even got physical..it's not d first,it's not d 100th..she has 5 kids... she's at her wits end.I didn't know what to say to her it was heart wrenching!! It's one of d numerous cases....treat your spouse well !!don't do to them what you wouldn't want them to do to you!!

1 Like

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Moniya4Real(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
If you are a Christian bro , pls, try to advance your Christian life and read more of the Bible. God bless us All and may we not loose guard in this sinful and corrupt world

Emperormartin:

It's real...

It's from the WhatsApp group I learnt Whatsapp group call... Where everyone will go semi nude

Omoh those days were crazy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Moniya4Real(m): 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Bad guy!

Mayeldah:

bro share link if dem give you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Me sef wan check something
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Mayeldah(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2023
GorgeousAF:

I no cheat when I dey single na now, grin .... abeg rest!!!

Ok na, give me Oga number make I tell him to be doing those things he was doing when you guys were dating. spicing up the relationship in Marriage is necessary to keep the love fire burning.

Make you sef dey seduce am too, shop more for sexy night gowns and lingerie.
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by maasoap(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2023
Fiscus105:

Yet they say, Islam is a religion of peace.

Where is the mercy in the religion if you go by such draconian rules?

Meanwhile, who will escape such hammer if it's implemented? Even the fonder of the religion committed it severally during his time on earth .
Is this the result of brainwashing you? It is sure looks like it
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2023
Lack of love, trust and care.
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by GorgeousAF(f): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
Mayeldah:

Ok na, give me Oga number make I tell him to be doing those things he was doing when you guys were dating. spicing up the relationship in Marriage is necessary to keep the love fire burning.

Make you sef dey seduce am too, shop more for sexy night gowns and lingerie.

No marriage is perfect,him get him own for body as I get my own for body,but in this area brother is trying grin he still does it grin trust me I'm a banger grin himself no go like loose guard.them dey toast me on a regular infact on election day I introduce am to one toaster.i dey hot on a steady grin..
Most important thing is to avoid "see finish"

2 Likes

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Sprints3: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
FROGMAN101:
Humans like to explore both men and women.

Marriage is a sort of a forced union many people buy into. Its just a certificate.

Humans will still be Humans.
no be white man create marriage. Fvck monogamy would have loved to have more than one wife but this western civilization and overpopulation, expenses, no love among ourselves, greed. no go ever make me born for two different women. If I get married I go still cheat. God forbid

1 Like

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Funmy23: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emperormartin:
You're right. That no 2 is spot on.

My married friend introduced me to a WhatsApp group of married people between the ages of 35-45...

Their only business in that Whatsapp group is talk about sex, sex and sex and how to hook up and have sex among one another. These are married women and men with kids.

I'm not married but I have to remove myself from the group because it's kinda painting me bad image of marriage institution.

The last straw why I left the group is when they were organizing orgies in one Hotel in our area. The orgies will start from Friday evening and throughout the weekend... I was man matched with some married women in their early 40's... I ran!!!

I've to delete myself from that group. I'm not a saint either but this kind of sin is beyond me
Anyone man or woman that gets involved in these WhatsApp and Facebook group chats are into hooking up with each other directly or indirectly. Once I see a person I like and get closer only to find out they're is into such baseless groups I simply start withdrawing myself gradually without them even knowing. I hate problems pls

2 Likes

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by GorgeousAF(f): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
AdisaOwala:

What stops her from taking the lead here?

I have seen numerous scenarios where the lady feels entitled to all these things and doesn't see the need to reciprocate.

Must it be one sided?

It shouldn't be one sided.... I don't support a lady feeling entitled ...maybe you should read up again so u can understand!
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Burgerlomo: 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
GorgeousAF:

Balance it ;Din both....no excuse for cheating though but one might just be pushed to d extreme and if caution ain't applied,d person might just be overwhelmed...ok so a former neighbor complained some days back on her random hubby,it was terrible. They even got physical..it's not d first,it's not d 100th..she has 5 kids... she's at her wits end.I didn't know what to say to her it was heart wrenching!! It's one of d numerous cases....treat your spouse well !!don't do to them what you wouldn't want them to do to you!!

Don't stress yourself because I don't have a girlfriend or spouse who's going to cheat on me.

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by GorgeousAF(f): 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
Burgerlomo:

Don't stress yourself because I don't have a girlfriend or spouse who's going to cheat on me.

grin grin grin grin your cup of tea
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by highchief1: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
GorgeousAF:
i

Hahaha na some kind stories we dey hear on a regular...some people no dey try sha
lol life no get formula just do what makes u happy and remeber we all die someday.
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Burgerlomo: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
GorgeousAF:

grin grin grin grin your cup of tea

Abi you be opposite Davido who's unavailable? Shey U dey available? It's just an innocent no harm question oh๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Tywo2018: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Simply because there's too much Yansh roaming about this days ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2023
highchief1:
na u sabi I just Dey let u know say u fit stl die without hiv catching u.I no no hiv,cancer or kidney problem the one when fear u pass.una just Dey fear wetin no Dey terminate life unplanned.Iโ€™m careful with hiv but I donโ€™t fear it.bleeped up sugar level will kill u faster than any hiv will.Try Dey read
My broda just dey knack dey go

Nothing do you
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by GorgeousAF(f): 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
Burgerlomo:

Abi you be opposite Davido who's unavailable? Shey U dey available? It's just an innocent no harm question oh๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm unavailable grin you no dey see me!!!
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by FRANCISTOWN: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2023
GorgeousAF:
Lack of commitment!!!!
You woo a lady,u marry her and all of a sudden you stop doing the things that made her fall in love with you,no effort at all whatsoever..you reduce d calls to zero,no care,no affection..... especially if she has kids for you then you think that's where her life ends...some men need to do better..na just fear of God if not!!!!!
Let's not justify what is unjustifiable please.
Marriage is not a do or die, she can opt out instead of heading for infidelity. The math is simple
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Burgerlomo: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
GorgeousAF:

I'm unavailable grin you no dey see me!!!

Typical ladies initial attitude ๐Ÿ˜‚ you wey I know say you be available and I dey see U๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by highchief1: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

My broda just dey knack dey go

Nothing do you
one of the most deadly illness when ppl Dey over look is Athsma.If u see where that thg take person life u go know say hiv Dey learn.Athsma killed my sister in less than 20mins.hiv is over hyped.
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by xproducer: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
chatinent:
Humans believe they are insatiable and some tend to capitalise on it.

++++

Yes, and there are consequences for every bad action / sin... Romans 6:23

"Hell and Destruction are never full; So the eyes of man are never satisfied." - Proverbs 27:20

So, the more one goes on pursuing these worldly lusts one is essentially digging one's own pit deeper each time, with no reward.

"For all that is in the worldโ€”the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of lifeโ€”is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever." - 1 John 2:16-17
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by frankblinkz(m): 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2023
TWO BIGGEST SCAM I know, getting a girl pregnant out of wedlock is a sin,that's how my cousin is still seeking for child after 8 years.
If you are capable to take care of a child and the mother,DO IT.
Your name should not loss
It was done in the old before religion came in.

2. Till death do us path on the alter another BIG SCAM, better wise up and face reality, if the marriage isn't okay for both parties, instead of massive destruction leading to loss of life and properties, just leave the marriage in peace,either as a man or the wife.
It's not a do or die affair, marriage is for the mentally strong person's.
Be wise.
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by GorgeousAF(f): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Burgerlomo:

Typical ladies initial attitude ๐Ÿ˜‚ you wey I know say you be available and I dey see U๐Ÿ˜‚

Na for your dreams you see me abi grin...
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by GorgeousAF(f): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Let's not justify what is unjustifiable please.
Marriage is not a do or die, she can opt out instead of heading for infidelity. The math is simple

Cheating is unjustifiable on both parties... typical of African men to make excuses when it comes to them!!

1 Like

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by dokkyelele(f): 9:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
You are right about your reasons but professionally I would say the following

1. Increased opportunities: Today's digital age has made it easier to connect with others and engage in extramarital affairs through various platforms. Social media, dating apps, and online interactions provide more opportunities to encounter new people.

2. Distorted perception of relationships: Unrealistic expectations of love and relationships can be a contributing factor. Media, movies, and other influences often portray idealized versions of romance, leading individuals to seek the thrill of new connections instead of navigating the challenges within their current relationship.

3. Lack of emotional fulfillment: When emotional needs are not met within a marriage, individuals may be inclined to seek fulfillment elsewhere. Feeling neglected, unappreciated, or unloved can create vulnerabilities that make people more susceptible to seeking emotional connections outside their relationship.

4. Impulsive behavior: Engaging in infidelity is sometimes associated with impulsive decision-making. Actively managing emotions, practicing self-control, and considering the consequences of one's actions can be challenging for some individuals.

It's important to remember that addressing issues related to infidelity requires open and honest communication between partners. Both individuals need to actively work on rebuilding trust, understanding each other's emotional needs, and identifying the root causes that contributed to the infidelity.
Stay bless
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by FRANCISTOWN: 9:59pm On Jul 29, 2023
GorgeousAF:

Cheating is unjustifiable on both parties... typical of African men to make excuses when it comes to them!!
You can please show me where I said it's justifiable for men to cheat.

On that, men can have multiple sexual partners. Study the Bible and the Qur'an.

The reason is because, men pay women's bride price. Analogically, men buy women.

That makes the man the owner of the woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by almarthins(m): 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2023
layzie:

And u havent seen those that played hard as singles and maintain decency when married having already tasted all there is.

And yet those that were decent as singles and craved more wen married cos they longed the things they feel they didn't enjoy.

Different folks, different strokes.

I believe u, the matter be like person wey just dey see money. He go even lose steering self.
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by Burgerlomo: 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2023
GorgeousAF:

Na for your dreams you see me abi grin...

Exactly! ๐Ÿ˜
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by GorgeousAF(f): 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2023
[quote author=FRANCISTOWN post=124746535]
You can please show me where I said it's justifiable for men to cheat.

On that, men can have multiple sexual partners. Study the Bible and the Qur'an.

The reason is because, men pay women's bride price. Analogically, men buy women.

That makes the man the owner of the woman.

It's alright....I rest my case grin
Re: Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages by VULCAN(m): 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
Are you not ashamed of how partial you sound?

What a weak response.

Mtscheww

GorgeousAF:
Lack of commitment!!!!
You woo a lady,u marry her and all of a sudden you stop doing the things that made her fall in love with you,no effort at all whatsoever..you reduce d calls to zero,no care,no affection..... especially if she has kids for you then you think that's where her life ends...some men need to do better..na just fear of God if not!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Return My Pink Pant" - Girl To Her Friend On Facebook / Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Lady Blasts Gift Erhabor Mamus, Her Husband's Side Chick In A Facebook Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.