Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (77832 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 20, 2012
from d dev team blog

The overall flow used by the GUI and CLI to inject the A5 corona jailbreak has never been done before, and there may be unforeseen problems once it’s released to the public. It’s very important for you to sync your data, photos, and music before attempting any version of this jailbreak. We’ll be watching the comments section below for signs of any widespread problems, but please be aware that you jailbreak at your own risk!
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 10:31am On Jan 20, 2012
drama
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2012
^^^ no mind dem grin grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 20, 2012
Absinthe almost ready!!!!!!! ( like say I dey write d code with them).
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
It will b interesting to jailbreak thru iTunes. Don't u think? cheesy grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
YES!!!! iPhone 4S/ipad2 jailbreak has been released for Mac. Waiting for the windows version.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^^^how did this happen
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ziccoit: 6:40am On Jan 22, 2012
@tumababa or anyone, do I need stable internet connection to use absinthe (window)?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 22, 2012
Very stable, cos absinthe will av to connect to greenpoison.com
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 22, 2012
And d iPhone 4S tweaks start rolling in. Voiceutils is a new tweak dat makes Siri even more usefull. U can reboot, respring,power off or even enter safe mode by just telling SIRI.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ziccoit: 8:20am On Jan 22, 2012
Thanks tumababa my ipad2 is now jailbreak.
it took me 3-4mins max

NOTE; Extract the whole files in absinthe zip into another folder you create let say on desktop or any where before you run the absinthe.exe, else absinthe will fail to work. you will keep on getting error message.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 22, 2012
^^ congrats to u and all ipad2/iPhone 4S owners who av been waiting to free their devices from d apple prison. If ur ipad2 is jailbroken b4 on 4.3.3, this is d best time to upgrade to 5.0.1 and still av ur freedom.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by n3rve(m): 11:40am On Jan 22, 2012
smiley I jailbroke my iPad 2 & iPhone 4S the hour Chronic Dev Team released the Mac version. However, I was hoping CDevTeam will keep the jailbreak a little longer so as to jailbreak 5.1 which will fix the battery problems iOS 5.0.1 have been experiencing. My iPhone 4S battery doesn't last as long as my iPhone 4 on 4.3.3 sad - Anyways, still a lot to be happy for, my iDevices are free. cheesy
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ise82(m): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
I upgraded my iphone to ios 5 in computer last saturday buh I cudnt find cydia on my iphone does it mean my fone has not bin jailbreaked?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ise82(m): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2012
I meant in computer village
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2012
I jailbroke d first iPhone 4S today, very swwwweeet!!!!
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by initialize(m): 10:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
@tuma, come upgrade and jailbreak my ipad2 16gb wifi now now na or option 2

you know option 2 nah wink
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2012
tumababa:

I jailbroke d first iPhone 4S today, very swwwweeet!!!!
i was wondering how useful siri will be in nigeria.
Can it tell You of a resturant closeby? Can it even understand what u say? you know, with the nigerian accent. Cos most of the voice apps i have tried hardly get the a sentence right.
??
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 6:40am On Jan 23, 2012
ise82:

I upgraded my iphone to ios 5 in computer last saturday buh I cudnt find cydia on my iphone does it mean my fone has not bin jail-broken?

Yes
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by n3rve(m): 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

i was wondering how useful siri will be in nigeria.
Can it tell You of a resturant closeby? Can it even understand what u say? you know, with the nigerian accent. Cos most of the voice apps i have tried hardly get the a sentence right.
??

It works for some basic stuff, setting the timer, sending text messages, calling contacts. I've also had some fun with it too smiley Try saying "Siri you're amazing", "Siri you're uselsss", "Siri you're wonderful", I get funny responses cheesy I've not used it for anything besides those which doesn't make it very useful. It wasn't the reason I got the 4S so I'm good with or without it.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2012
To all new jailbreakers, be careful with what u download from cydia. some are not yet compatible with ios5/iphone4S/ipad2. also some cracked apps are known to be very tricky and buggy when installed and can cause d device to crash or misbehave causing u to restore.
stay away from cracked "mywi"or intelliscreenX
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
tumababa:

To all new jailbreakers, be careful with what u download from cydia. some are not yet compatible with ios5/iphone4S/ipad2. also some cracked apps are known to be very tricky and buggy when installed and can cause d device to crash or misbehave causing u to restore.
stay away from cracked "mywi"or intelliscreenX
seconded.
Here is the list of apps that forced me to restore after installing them
Safari upload manager:-( after restarting all my cracked apps stoped working also my tweaks even cydia stoped working)
Safari downloads manager:- makes safari to stop working
Mywi:-safe mode wahala even after unistalling it.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

seconded.
Here is the list of apps that forced me to restore after installing them
Safari upload manager:-( after restarting all my cracked apps stoped working also my tweaks even cydia stoped working)
Safari downloads manager:- makes safari to stop working
Mywi:-safe mode wahala even after unistalling it.

I installed a stupid app called copic just to see d effect, i didnt really see d need to use so i decided to uninstall later. I rebooted my iphone and gbam!!!! Neva came up. Since 10am im still installing over 200 apps back from cydia.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2012
tumababa:

I installed a silly app called copic just to see d effect, i didnt really see d need to use so i decided to uninstall later. I rebooted my iphone and gbam!!!! Neva came up. Since 10am im still installing over 200 apps back from cydia.
choi!!
I tot those guys at cydia usually check the apps for bugs
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

choi!!
I tot those guys at cydia usually check the apps for bugs
I actually installed d cracked one to know if its worth buying but right now im not ready to waste my money on it
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2012
i hope u guyz av started enjoying siri on ur iphone4/3GS now?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 12, 2012
Confirmed!!! Siri running on iPhone 3GS. I just installed Siri on my 3GS

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 12:02am On Feb 13, 2012
Yes but it uses a lot of ram
Without any app running, the free ram is 68mb 100-120mb before installing siri
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 13, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

Yes but it uses a lot of ram
Without any app running, the free ram is 68mb 100-120mb before installing siri
dats y Apple didnt allow it in d first place grin but at least u av it and u can show off. u can disable it too.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 13, 2012
Siri in action

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 1:31am On Feb 14, 2012
Tumababa pls i need your advise; i upgraded my friends 3gs to ios 5.01, it was showing activation required but after jailbreaking it, it no longer asked for activation. But the problem now is that it can't get any nework and wifi is also disabled. The phone keeps restarting and takes upto 3mins to boot.
Pls what should i do?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 14, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

Tumababa pls i need your advise; i upgraded my friends 3gs to ios 5.01, it was showing activation required but after jailbreaking it, it no longer asked for activation. But the problem now is that it can't get any nework and wifi is also disabled. The phone keeps restarting and takes upto 3mins to boot.
Pls what should i do?
i smell wahala cry cry . what was d firmware on it before?what is d serial number? did u install ipad baseband?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / 2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.